Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: Jpurdue] #13498360 04/02/20 12:52 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I picked July which may even be too soon. I know the objective is to open as soon as possible and a recession/depression is a great incentive to flip the switch back on. Imagine that. Most recessions require management or movement in some way to get out of yet this one is really based just when we get to a point where its safe to go back to work.

Most of the projections say mid May till they reach a peak of cases. That means around May 16 they will have less cases than May 15th. I shudder to think how many cases we will be at then. I also hope as it falls it does so a lot faster than it rose.

Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: John175☮] #13498370 04/02/20 12:59 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by John175☮
Originally Posted by WAWI
The new jobless claim should rattle people 6.6 million vs 3.1 estimate. There is a number you statistic boys can chew on.

Lemmeknow when you start seeing politicians getting laid off.

Lol didnt they just give themselves a raise?

Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: WAWI] #13498374 04/02/20 01:00 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
The new jobless claim should rattle people 6.6 million vs 3.1 estimate. There is a number you statistic boys can chew on.

Lol didnt they just give themselves a raise?

yes, yes they did.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: Jpurdue] #13498382 04/02/20 01:02 PM
TexDawg Online Content
Top Dawg
Online Content
Top Dawg
I picked July as well, it won’t be a full blown switch flip from one day to the next. So fully back to “normal” will be a slowish crawl

Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: Jpurdue] #13498385 04/02/20 01:06 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
I picked fall 2020, but I have some hope that businesses might get creative much earlier. The local pet store near my neighborhood only allows two customers in at a time. An employee opens the door for you and directs you to a box to stand in. They ask you what you want and go get the items for you. They ring you up and then step away. You then step up and pay with your card without touching anything. When you leave they open the door for you. I'm sure this isn't perfect, but I've got to believe it vastly lowers risk.

My company is still operational. We do 100% temperature checks of all employees prior to coming into the factories and we do a short medical questionnaire every day looking for symptoms. We fog the building every night with disinfectant and stagger breaks to make sure employees are never congregated together. Again, not perfect, but if all companies were doing these types of things it might lower R0 enough to flatten the curve and allow at least some commerce.

Why dont you do some calculations on how viable the pet store is now as a business and how long it will remain in business.......

I'm sure it's not great WAWI, but maybe they can float the payroll that way. That's what we are shooting for in our business. What's your solution? Damn the torpedo's and full speed ahead?

Also let's say that little pet store was independent. Someone's dream, someone who may have sacrificed and saved for many years for that opportunity. An opportunity that once lost will not be doable again cause lifes work is just that a lifes work. Let's quantify that. You getting a pay check Jpurdue? Millions of entrepreneurs are not, they are paying and staring into a black hole.

Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: Jpurdue] #13498396 04/02/20 01:12 PM
R
ReelBusy Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
The full impact form this has yet to be seen. Obviously restaurants, bars and other entertainments venues are taking a huge hit. Some hospitals are sitting empty waiting for patients, balancing a huge loss of revenue with staying prepared. They are looking at furloughs. Dentists, doctors and other medical offices are losing revenue. Talked to a business owner yesterday that said Amazon had shut them down stating they could not sell new products that were non-essential. Food service like Ben E Keith, Sysco and others are taking a huge hit. The trickle down will be huge. Far bigger than a stimulus package can address.

Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: WAWI] #13498401 04/02/20 01:15 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
J

Also let's say that little pet store was independent. Someone's dream, someone who may have sacrificed and saved for many years for that opportunity. An opportunity that once lost will not be doable again cause lifes work is just that a lifes work. Let's quantify that. You getting a pay check Jpurdue? Millions of entrepreneurs are not, they are paying and staring into a black hole.

In no way am I minimizing the economic toll and the impact that'll have on individuals, maybe even generations of individuals. As Tiltman said, I'm just not sure what other option we have. All paths forward stink. If it were as simple as a 1% death rate, I might be in the camp of let's just let it rip. The problem is we see the death rate spike up to about 5%-10% everywhere the hospitals get swamped. If we let it rip I see no scenarios where the hospitals don't get swamped. The math on the human death toll just doesn't work there.

These are just my thoughts and opinions, I certainly hear yours.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: Jpurdue] #13498404 04/02/20 01:16 PM
T
Tallgrass05 Offline
bill maher's protege
bill maher's protege
T
Sometime in 2021, based on this graph.

[Linked Image]

Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: ReelBusy] #13498416 04/02/20 01:24 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Hancock
The full impact form this has yet to be seen. Obviously restaurants, bars and other entertainments venues are taking a huge hit. Some hospitals are sitting empty waiting for patients, balancing a huge loss of revenue with staying prepared. They are looking at furloughs. Dentists, doctors and other medical offices are losing revenue. Talked to a business owner yesterday that said Amazon had shut them down stating they could not sell new products that were non-essential. Food service like Ben E Keith, Sysco and others are taking a huge hit. The trickle down will be huge. Far bigger than a stimulus package can address.

Yep, the restaurants, bars, movie theaters, retailers, etc are the cash register for a massive distribution chain. If we dont sell it nobody gets paid from commercial leases and landlords to suppliers , repair companies, utilities, advertising agencies, trucking, farmers, processors, banks, uniform companies etc etc. Most commercial developments you see alot financed via REITs which are widely held in investment portfolios consist of retail and restaurant only, you see them everywhere. The money that pays those REITs dividends comes almost directly from the cash registers of all those business that are shut down.

Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: John175☮] #13498422 04/02/20 01:27 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

can we start with Schiff.......the maybe feed him to a grizzly bear?

Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: Jpurdue] #13498424 04/02/20 01:29 PM
D
Davedave Offline
Bigfoot Seeker
Bigfoot Seeker
D
I don’t know what date. I think it will be longer than most think.

For example, in my job, I fly a lot. I cannot imagine flying gets back to normal any time soon. It’s tough to cover 20 states by driving.

I would think restaurants and other retail type places will reopen with new rules. (Tables spaced further apart. Fewer customers, etc). Obviously those things have a financial impact, but people will be creative in trying to get back to work.

I’m busy. But, it’s a lot harder to get things done right now. People are working from home. They’re short staffed. I want the kids back in school first. That would make things better here.

Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: Jpurdue] #13498428 04/02/20 01:31 PM
S
Snakeyes711 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
I'd like to see bars,restaurants and small business be allowed to re-open on may 1,AT THEIR OWN DESCRETION. And their customers allowed to patronize said establishments AT THEIR OWN DESCRETION. If a customer still doesn't feel comfortable going out to dinner,bars,etc then they aren't forced to. We need to get folks back to work soon or the economic damage to the country may be too great to dig out from.

Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: Tiltman] #13498438 04/02/20 01:39 PM
Der Vorsteher Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Tiltman

can we start with Schiff.......the maybe feed him to a grizzly bear?

I know a gal with a tiger.

Team Wolfs
Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: Snakeyes711] #13498443 04/02/20 01:42 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Snakeyes711
I'd like to see bars,restaurants and small business be allowed to re-open on may 1,AT THEIR OWN DESCRETION. And their customers allowed to patronize said establishments AT THEIR OWN DESCRETION. If a customer still doesn't feel comfortable going out to dinner,bars,etc then they aren't forced to. We need to get folks back to work soon or the economic damage to the country may be too great to dig out from.

You suggesting like we live in a free society? That is a novel idea. I bet if all the government pay checks stopped going out all of a sudden like ours did there would be a different approach. And for what it's worth some of this sba nonsense will turn out to be just that. Lots of devil's in the details. The they tell the banks the interest is .5 percent.... banks are scratching their heads, I talked to mine yesterday. It's a mess.

Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: WAWI] #13498451 04/02/20 01:48 PM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN
Originally Posted by Snakeyes711

You suggesting like we live in a free society? That is a novel idea. I bet if all the government pay checks stopped going out all of a sudden like ours did there would be a different approach. And for what it's worth some of this sba nonsense will turn out to be just that. Lots of devil's in the details. The they tell the banks the interest is .5 percent.... banks are scratching their heads, I talked to mine yesterday. It's a mess.

I volunteered to be infected, recover or not, then go back to life. The "Collective" decided that if I got it on purpose no medical treatment was to be provided. That's where we are folks. The "Collective" has spoken.

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide