Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
When will the country reopen? #13498301 04/02/20 11:57 AM
J
Jpurdue Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
When do you think the country will be basically back to normal? By that I mean shelter in place is removed in most places and we are back to business as usual.

When will the country reopen?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 04/02/20 11:56 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: Jpurdue] #13498313 04/02/20 12:05 PM
H2O Seeker Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
When do you think the country will be basically back to normal? By that I mean shelter in place is removed in most places and we are back to business as usual.

Back to normal left the station 3-4 weeks ago. When this eases up and businesses are opened back to regular operating hours there will be a new normal. Business as usual will have a new meaning as small businesses (and large) have had to adapt quickly.

[Linked Image]
Grateful for every sunrise and sunset I get to witness. - Jason
Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: Jpurdue] #13498315 04/02/20 12:07 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Sad to say I don't think it will be anytime soon. A few weeks ago they said it was like the flu. Here I am thinking spring is right around the corner so it should subside shortly. Fast forward to now and it seems like its getting worse by the day.

Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: Jpurdue] #13498317 04/02/20 12:08 PM
RedRanger Offline
burro desagradable
burro desagradable
June

We can't stayed shut down forever. Life must go on

Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: RedRanger] #13498324 04/02/20 12:14 PM
hopalong Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by RedRanger
June

We can't stayed shut down forever. Life must go on

thumb

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: Jpurdue] #13498325 04/02/20 12:14 PM
J
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
I picked fall 2020, but I have some hope that businesses might get creative much earlier. The local pet store near my neighborhood only allows two customers in at a time. An employee opens the door for you and directs you to a box to stand in. They ask you what you want and go get the items for you. They ring you up and then step away. You then step up and pay with your card without touching anything. When you leave they open the door for you. I'm sure this isn't perfect, but I've got to believe it vastly lowers risk.

My company is still operational. We do 100% temperature checks of all employees prior to coming into the factories and we do a short medical questionnaire every day looking for symptoms. We fog the building every night with disinfectant and stagger breaks to make sure employees are never congregated together. Again, not perfect, but if all companies were doing these types of things it might lower R0 enough to flatten the curve and allow at least some commerce.

Last edited by Jpurdue; 04/02/20 12:15 PM.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: Jpurdue] #13498330 04/02/20 12:21 PM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN
We will see unemployment in the mid to upper teens at least through the election, most likely for years depending on who wins. Peak unemployment above 30%. This is the new normal. We instituted full government dependency. Shutdown, layoff, destroy lives and dreams, pass out crumbs.

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: Jpurdue] #13498335 04/02/20 12:25 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
Two weeks after Italy reopens. My guess is June.

Then I wouldn’t be surprised if it shuts down again in October until vaccine and 80% vaccinated

[Linked Image]
Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: Jpurdue] #13498340 04/02/20 12:33 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
The new jobless claim should rattle people 6.6 million vs 3.1 estimate. There is a number you statistic boys can chew on.

Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: Jpurdue] #13498343 04/02/20 12:36 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
I picked fall 2020, but I have some hope that businesses might get creative much earlier. The local pet store near my neighborhood only allows two customers in at a time. An employee opens the door for you and directs you to a box to stand in. They ask you what you want and go get the items for you. They ring you up and then step away. You then step up and pay with your card without touching anything. When you leave they open the door for you. I'm sure this isn't perfect, but I've got to believe it vastly lowers risk.

My company is still operational. We do 100% temperature checks of all employees prior to coming into the factories and we do a short medical questionnaire every day looking for symptoms. We fog the building every night with disinfectant and stagger breaks to make sure employees are never congregated together. Again, not perfect, but if all companies were doing these types of things it might lower R0 enough to flatten the curve and allow at least some commerce.

Why dont you do some calculations on how viable the pet store is now as a business and how long it will remain in business.......

Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: WAWI] #13498345 04/02/20 12:39 PM
J
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by WAWI
Originally Posted by Jpurdue

Why dont you do some calculations on how viable the pet store is now as a business and how long it will remain in business.......

I'm sure it's not great WAWI, but maybe they can float the payroll that way. That's what we are shooting for in our business. What's your solution? Damn the torpedo's and full speed ahead?

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: Jpurdue] #13498348 04/02/20 12:39 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
After April it will be a little clearer , it’s just gonna have to effect everyone some how ie we all know someone who’s had it got it or worse died from it. Only then will we have the self control as a society to truly exercise distance among numbers.

John and I are close friends but we see things through different optics , I think this whole thing is a sh!t sandwich handed to the world by China and that there was no “winning” path.

I think it’s too lethal to simply unleash, I suspect there are far far more dead in China than we know. I don’t have an answer as to what the right course of action should have been, I own a small business that has my whole life wrapped up in it. That business is a sitting duck , if I or an employee catches this we are closed until my staff and I recover and after that all I could do it dig until it recovers or I lose it and everything I own.

Do I think there will be a new normal, oh yeah in fact there better be one. One that leaves us more vigilant against this type of thing and the economic predation of a country like China.

Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: WAWI] #13498349 04/02/20 12:39 PM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN
Originally Posted by WAWI
The new jobless claim should rattle people 6.6 million vs 3.1 estimate. There is a number you statistic boys can chew on.

Lemmeknow when you start seeing politicians getting laid off.

Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: Jpurdue] #13498354 04/02/20 12:43 PM
J
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
Very well said Tiltman.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: When will the country reopen? [Re: Tiltman] #13498358 04/02/20 12:50 PM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN
Originally Posted by Tiltman
After April it will be a little clearer , it’s just gonna have to effect everyone some how ie we all know someone who’s had it got it or worse died from it. Only then will we have the self control as a society to truly exercise distance among numbers.

John and I are close friends but we see things through different optics , I think this whole thing is a sh!t sandwich handed to the world by China and that there was no “winning” path.

I think it’s too lethal to simply unleash, I suspect there are far far more dead in China than we know. I don’t have an answer as to what the right course of action should have been, I own a small business that has my whole life wrapped up in it. That business is a sitting duck , if I or an employee catches this we are closed until my staff and I recover and after that all I could do it dig until it recovers or I lose it and everything I own.

Do I think there will be a new normal, oh yeah in fact there better be one. One that leaves us more vigilant against this type of thing and the economic predation of a country like China.

I know Bud. It's been unleashed upon us. We're in hide it out mode. I carefully listen to the words the shut-it-down people are saying. Slow the spread in the hopes something cures it. We've been talked into a Maginot line. None of the charts and graphs work in a society conditioned to ignore laws they don't like. Collective mass pain from reduction in force which will change our nation from an "I want it economy" to a "Do I need it?" Economy. Those feelings will take a long time to change. We're in for a long term malaise. Could have taken the pain and moved on but hell, drag it out.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide