Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown [Re: McLovin’] #13491768 03/28/20 03:10 PM
Mudshark Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Mudbone
Originally Posted by Mudshark
Originally Posted by Pintail711
Smith County is a dump. I’m surprised it took this long... Time there stopped in 1980 and hasn’t started back.

Half the people out here are just now getting SARS. Stupid backwoods rednecks. I remember now why I couldn’t wait to get out of here growing up. Small minded redneck Hicks. I’m here to take care of my parents and once that responsibility is over, I’m out of here. I forgot what this place was like.

Why are you so [censored] hurt brother Mud?
I get it...you like the metro areas...I’ve lived in both and have to spend a lot of time each month in Dallas and Houston and I enjoy some of the things they have to offer but way too many people for me...I always love coming home to the piney woods.

I get mad each time my son comes home from work and tells me the racist BS things people say to him most days. Last night was a hard one to watch. It’s mostly the older, fat bubbas out here, but last night it was an older woman who told him to go back to Mexico and blamed people like him for the corona virus. Sure this happens everywhere, but since we moved back to East Texas, it’s almost a daily thing for him. I have seen it happen in person or else I might doubt the frequency of it myself.

So I chimed off in an inappropriate way on a thread instead of holding my disdain to myself. For that I am sorry.

[Linked Image]

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown [Re: Mudshark] #13491775 03/28/20 03:17 PM
D
Davedave Offline
Bigfoot Seeker
Bigfoot Seeker
D
Smith County is a dump. I’m surprised it took this long... Time there stopped in 1980 and hasn’t started back.

Half the people out here are just now getting SARS. Stupid backwoods rednecks. I remember now why I couldn’t wait to get out of here growing up. Small minded redneck Hicks. I’m here to take care of my parents and once that responsibility is over, I’m out of here. I forgot what this place was like.

I get it...you like the metro areas...I’ve lived in both and have to spend a lot of time each month in Dallas and Houston and I enjoy some of the things they have to offer but way too many people for me...I always love coming home to the piney woods.

I get mad each time my son comes home from work and tells me the racist BS things people say to him most days. Last night was a hard one to watch. It’s mostly the older, fat bubbas out here, but last night it was an older woman who told him to go back to Mexico and blamed people like him for the corona virus. Sure this happens everywhere, but since we moved back to East Texas, it’s almost a daily thing for him. I have seen it happen in person or else I might doubt the frequency of it myself.

So I chimed off in an inappropriate way on a thread instead of holding my disdain to myself. For that I am sorry.

Just head on down to Fun Forest and have yourself a picnic. That will make everything all better.

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown [Re: Mudshark] #13491895 03/28/20 04:52 PM
M
McLovin’ Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
M

I’m sorry to hear that but yes, there are still a bunch of ignorant people in the world, but man they are everywhere.
Sorry you’re son has to put up with that BS

I’ve seen a lot more good stuff and people being more polite than normal since this crisis started.
Sometimes it takes a crisis like this to show us how much we are all really the same...the best I’ve ever seen people share with one another and care for one another was while we went to Houston with boats during Harvey.
The random support for our guys from total strangers was overwhelming.

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown [Re: TexDawg] #13491916 03/28/20 05:15 PM
G
Gitter Done Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by TexDawg
Lockdown, except if you want to go out to many stores that are open. The word lockdown is rather sensational and over dramatic in my opinion.

Yes it is however Comal county has a 11pm to 5 am Curfew in tack. If you do not have a valid reason to be out during that time you can get a ticket for curfew violation. New Braunfels Police and Comal Co. Sheriff's dept. can pull you over during that time. Will be interesting to see how this is going to work out. There is also a shelter in place order for the remaining times.

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown [Re: Mudshark] #13491932 03/28/20 05:27 PM
M
MrRoachie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M

Sounds like the redneck bubbas and the so called woman need Jesus.. Just sayin!

God loves you just as much as anybody else!!

Jesus offered His life as a gift for you. Please accept it!
Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown [Re: McLovin’] #13491939 03/28/20 05:33 PM
B
blooper961 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Time did not stop in 1980 in Tyler.
In 1980 the Zoo was free.
Now is costs to get in

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown [Re: blooper961] #13492446 03/29/20 01:22 AM
M
MrRoachie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted by blooper961
Time did not stop in 1980 in Tyler.
In 1980 the Zoo was free.
Now is costs to get in

That is because of a greedy nephew with no accountability.

God loves you just as much as anybody else!!

Jesus offered His life as a gift for you. Please accept it!
Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown [Re: Mudshark] #13492918 03/29/20 03:06 PM
F
Fish Chaser Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F

frkazoid I left in 2005 after 11 lllloooonnnngggg years in Redneck Texas and moved back to Plano. Best thing I ever did.

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown [Re: Fish Chaser] #13492922 03/29/20 03:09 PM
F
Frank the Tank Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted by Fish Chaser

frkazoid I left in 2005 after 11 lllloooonnnngggg years in Redneck Texas and moved back to Plano. Best thing I ever did.

To each his own, enjoy, I hope I never leave it out here. This place is heaven. No uppity Dallas folks. LOVE it. To each tier own.

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown [Re: McLovin’] #13493065 03/29/20 05:13 PM
F
forkduc Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Lake Tyler still open?

Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown [Re: McLovin’] #13493131 03/29/20 06:34 PM
O
OTFF Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O
Several of you are speaking in negatives you just can’t prove. You can say them, but you have to know that it’s just your opinion. Outside of you, it has no validity whatsoever. So, if you are saying them to just be rude, well that speaks to your character.

Misery and basics in life is completely subjective. An educated person should not say such. Again, you can never prove a negative. It’s a good thing Texas is so big and everyone can find what he/she likes.

Luke 6:22-23

22 Blessed are you when people hate you,
when they exclude you, insult you,
and slander your name as evil
because of the Son of Man.

23 Rejoice in that day and leap for joy. Take note—your reward is great in heaven, for this is the way their ancestors used to treat the prophets.
Re: Tyler/Smith County on Lockdown [Re: McLovin’] #13493135 03/29/20 06:40 PM
O
OTFF Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O
To those you speak of being racist, shame on them. For you allowing someone who is racist to impact or influence your behavior, shame on you.

Luke 6:22-23

22 Blessed are you when people hate you,
when they exclude you, insult you,
and slander your name as evil
because of the Son of Man.

23 Rejoice in that day and leap for joy. Take note—your reward is great in heaven, for this is the way their ancestors used to treat the prophets.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide