Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
How to disconnect Live well pump? #13486240 03/24/20 09:04 PM
jfe Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
I am getting my Skeeter 190 ready to sell. I'm replacing the live well pumps and hopefully one of the live well function selectors. Attached is a photo of the new pump attached to the selector that I want to replace. I'm not familiar with the hose connectors on each end of the selector mechanism. Can someone tell me how to disconnect the selector. Also, are those connectors reuseable or will I have to buy new ones?

Second question: I have 3 Lowrance fish finders. Lowrance HDS 9 gen 2, HDS 7 gen 1, and Elite 7 TI. In my box of extra stuff there is an HST WBSL Wide Angle transducer. Is that transducer with all three units? If so, will it show downscan or just sonar?

Third question, I have a power/NMEA 0183 cable. It says on the box it is for HDS and Elite TI. What is NMEA, and would I need it if I just used the head unit for a trolling motor only?

Thanks in advance for any help.

jfe [Linked Image]

Last edited by jfe; 03/24/20 09:15 PM.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: How to disconnect Live well pump? [Re: jfe] #13486298 03/24/20 09:49 PM
C
coachallentca Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
C
there is a screw in the middle of the red lever. Unscrew than and it will come out.. sorry wrong part

Last edited by coachallentca; 03/24/20 09:50 PM.
Re: How to disconnect Live well pump? [Re: jfe] #13486662 03/25/20 01:42 AM
B
balata9999 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Break those metal hose clamps and pull the hoses off, then when you put back together just use a screw type hose clamp. Those use a special crimping tool.

Re: How to disconnect Live well pump? [Re: jfe] #13486901 03/25/20 04:49 AM
ToadSnatcher14 Offline
Team Slot Fish
Team Slot Fish
Why would you not just simply slide out the red plastic retainer clips and disconnect the hoses from the pump? Press black tabs down and slide back red collar...

As you can see in the video there is an o-ring.
If you need any parts here is the link.

https://www.flow-rite.com/marine/

Sonar

NMEA is a data cable that links graphs together. Example, save a waypoint on dash unit and NMEA cable ran between graphs would show that waypoint on bow graph.

Re: How to disconnect Live well pump? [Re: jfe] #13486933 03/25/20 05:51 AM
F
Flippin-Out Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Originally Posted by jfe
I am getting my Skeeter 190 ready to sell. I'm replacing the live well pumps and hopefully one of the live well function selectors. Attached is a photo of the new pump attached to the selector that I want to replace. I'm not familiar with the hose connectors on each end of the selector mechanism. Can someone tell me how to disconnect the selector. Also, are those connectors reuseable or will I have to buy new ones?

Second question: I have 3 Lowrance fish finders. Lowrance HDS 9 gen 2, HDS 7 gen 1, and Elite 7 TI. In my box of extra stuff there is an HST WBSL Wide Angle transducer. Is that transducer with all three units? If so, will it show downscan or just sonar?

Third question, I have a power/NMEA 0183 cable. It says on the box it is for HDS and Elite TI. What is NMEA, and would I need it if I just used the head unit for a trolling motor only?

Thanks in advance for any help.

jfe [Linked Image]

I absolutely hate it when someone, especially a clueless someone, comes on the TFF and walks across multiple sub forums posting the same "I don't have a clue what I'm doing" question. This prompts multiple people who DO know what to do to waste time. Why? Because one person sees the question on one forum and another on a second forum, and so on. Then, both decide to give their time to help the clueless. This is very inefficient, as ToadSnatcher and I have now BOTH wasted time answering your question. PICK ONE PLACE TO PUT YOUR QUESTION, THEN WAIT FOR ANSWERS. Don't abuse this free help service by tying up the time of two people when one would be enough. I could have spent my time helping someone else since ToadSnatcher answered this thread, while I was answering the SAME QUESTION repeated in another thread. My instant response is to never again help those like jfe who abuse this free helpline.

Footnite: jfe asked about the HST WBSL transducer. I'm amazed just how lazy (and/or helpless?) some people are. There's this thing on the Internet called a search engine. There are numerous ones to choose from. If one were to enter the phrase "HST WBSL transducer" they will be able to find out all about said item. What unit it fits, what frequency it uses, and whether it is "regular" sonar or possibly has some downscan capabilities. I' think I'm going to start with a first line reply of "have you tried using a search engine to answer your question?"

Re: How to disconnect Live well pump? [Re: Flippin-Out] #13487324 03/25/20 02:34 PM
jfe Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
Well, Flippin-Out, you picked a great user name. So, now I get to unload on you. For starters, I didn't waste your time. You did. I am in a real time crunch on getting my boat ready to sell. In the past, I have posted similar questions on the General Equipment Forum and never got a response. Then, I posted same on Bass Fishing and got some help immediately. What I really hate is guys like you who think they own the forum. I have never had much luck with the search engine on this forum, so I don't use it. Plus, if no one ever asked a question that had already been discussed several years ago, the forum would be dead in a month, now wouldn't it? I caught my first bass in 1954 and have fished ever since. I would venture to say that I know a lot about fishing. Probably not as much as you, though. You seem to think you're a real expert. You jumped to the conclusion that I am "clueless".
Wrong, again, sir. I don't need to elaborate on that, but I'll say I'm qualified to match wits with someone like you any time. I'd like to address your asinine comments and your bitter attitude further, but I've got work to do. My boat is stripped down to the hull, and I'm dead in the water until I get it reassembled. In the mean time, though, why don't you lighten up a little?

In regards to the effort you expended in wasting your time, I hope you it made you feel worthwhile to belittle someone that you think doesn't know as much as you.

jfe

Last edited by jfe; 03/25/20 02:58 PM.
Re: How to disconnect Live well pump? [Re: ToadSnatcher14] #13487379 03/25/20 03:00 PM
jfe Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
My sincere thanks to those who offered information. With your help,I was able to get the job done a few hours ago.

jfe

Re: How to disconnect Live well pump? [Re: jfe] #13487491 03/25/20 03:54 PM
F
Flippin-Out Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Originally Posted by jfe
Well, Flippin-Out, you picked a great user name. So, now I get to unload on you. For starters, I didn't waste your time. You did. I am in a real time crunch on getting my boat ready to sell. In the past, I have posted similar questions on the General Equipment Forum and never got a response. Then, I posted same on Bass Fishing and got some help immediately. What I really hate is guys like you who think they own the forum. I have never had much luck with the search engine on this forum, so I don't use it. Plus, if no one ever asked a question that had already been discussed several years ago, the forum would be dead in a month, now wouldn't it? I caught my first bass in 1954 and have fished ever since. I would venture to say that I know a lot about fishing. Probably not as much as you, though. You seem to think you're a real expert. You jumped to the conclusion that I am "clueless".
Wrong, again, sir. I don't need to elaborate on that, but I'll say I'm qualified to match wits with someone like you any time. I'd like to address your asinine comments and your bitter attitude further, but I've got work to do. My boat is stripped down to the hull, and I'm dead in the water until I get it reassembled. In the mean time, though, why don't you lighten up a little?

In regards to the effort you expended in wasting your time, I hope you it made you feel worthwhile to belittle someone that you think doesn't know as much as you.

jfe

Yes, I did waste my time, but by your poor choice to post on two subforums at the same time. I don't belittle someone for knowing less about a boat, but I will if they are irresponsible in the way they take up other people's time needlessly by their choices and/or laziness. If you didn't get a response on the other subforum previously and didn't like your lack of results there, why post there again? Pick ONE and wait a couple days for a response. Many here who dedicate a certain amount of time to help others do not care for carpet bomb posting either. Between us, we have X hours, and you took time from answering someone else's questions by having people responding to you on two threads. THAT is the beef I have - except one other thing: What's your excuse for not using a search engine to look up the transducer? Is is laziness, or ineptness? It must be something odd, because just about anyone who cam make it to this forum can figure out how to use an Internet search engine. You might start to learn something if you use one.

Re: How to disconnect Live well pump? [Re: Flippin-Out] #13487754 03/25/20 06:30 PM
B
bbassfishes Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Flippin-Out
Originally Posted by jfe

jfe

Yes, I did waste my time, but by your poor choice to post on two subforums at the same time. I don't belittle someone for knowing less about a boat, but I will if they are irresponsible in the way they take up other people's time needlessly by their choices and/or laziness. If you didn't get a response on the other subforum previously and didn't like your lack of results there, why post there again? Pick ONE and wait a couple days for a response. Many here who dedicate a certain amount of time to help others do not care for carpet bomb posting either. Between us, we have X hours, and you took time from answering someone else's questions by having people responding to you on two threads. THAT is the beef I have - except one other thing: What's your excuse for not using a search engine to look up the transducer? Is is laziness, or ineptness? It must be something odd, because just about anyone who cam make it to this forum can figure out how to use an Internet search engine. You might start to learn something if you use one.

Who put a gun to your head and made you reply? Jeez, bring it back a little. You dug your own grave, don't put your ignorance off on him. That's called projecting.

Re: How to disconnect Live well pump? [Re: Flippin-Out] #13487817 03/25/20 07:26 PM
C
Captain Chunk Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Originally Posted by Flippin-Out
Originally Posted by jfe

jfe

Name checks out.

You must be a blast at parties.

Re: How to disconnect Live well pump? [Re: jfe] #13487876 03/25/20 08:25 PM
senko9S Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
jfe, don't worry. I don't know what wrong with the guy but hes been at it on other posts as well. hope you get your boat done soon.

https://texasfishingforum.com/forum...i-need-my-boat-cover-fitted#Post13484100

flippin out, why don't you chill out man, you are coming across as a total DB. chill

Re: How to disconnect Live well pump? [Re: jfe] #13487946 03/25/20 09:09 PM
S
Skunked Again Fishing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
That transducer is just a basic sonar transducer, no down or side imaging. Ignore the NMEA 0183, it is an old network data sharing between units and other electronics and it’s being being replaced by nmea2000. Bottom line, your stuff is useable, but not required. I would include it in with the boat.

Also, sometimes the pumps are made to be replaced by untwisting it from the housing so that you don’t have to undo any hoses. I can’t see yours very well. You should check. Ok, enough wasting my time helping “stupid, lazy people” smile
Good luck Tim

One 10-pounder is better than ten 1-pounders; but 100 1-pounders is ok too!
If this kind of stuff floats your boat, be a subscriber to my youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/SkunkedAgain
Get exclusive information by following SkunkedAgain Facebook page: www.Facebook.com/SkunkedAgain
Re: How to disconnect Live well pump? [Re: jfe] #13488212 03/26/20 12:00 AM
C
coachallentca Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
C
shelter in place is not working for some.. Get out of the peeps..To many big things in life going on to let a post [censored] on your day..I have done the same thing when in a hurry. I am sorry for posting in too ( two) different places.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide