Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Is life as we know it over?? [Re: Douglas J] #13482681 03/22/20 03:01 PM
butch sanders Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
it has for sure changed
how can anyone say no ?

Re: Is life as we know it over?? [Re: butch sanders] #13482748 03/22/20 04:03 PM
T
the skipper Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by butch sanders
it has for sure changed
how can anyone say no ?

I agree. At least for the near future life has changed for everybody. Even after this passes it wont be the same. Lots of businesses will figure out they dont need this or that, people will see they dont need this or that, hopefully it leads a whole bunch to see what's really important. Dont even think about sneezing in public for a few years lol

Re: Is life as we know it over?? [Re: Flippin-Out] #13482750 03/22/20 04:07 PM
Der Vorsteher Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Flippin-Out
Originally Posted by crankn101
An anti-malaria drug named chloroquine, or hydroxychloroquine, has shown fantastic results in combating the COVID-19 virus.

“A peer-reviewed study shows that 100% of patients, after 6 days of taking a Malaria drug were ‘virologically’ cured

“This is, reportedly, the 2nd 100% cure to a virus that has ever existed,” Charlie Kirk, a friend of the president, said on Twitter.

https://explainlife.com/100-of-patients-new-coronavirus-update-sends-shockwaves-20759/

I have a close friend who does results analysis and reports as an independent party to trial studies - studies that use hundreds of participants and a double-blind control group methodology. I spoke with him about this and got the expected professional analysis. Normal medical industry standards would laugh at a test with a mere 26 subjects, with no control group to boot! There's no way to know what number of them might have had the same result, even without the medication. Can they be immediately reinfected? We don't know that ether..... The politicians don't know a good way out of this, and they keep hoping we'll simply get lucky so they are off the hook for solving this. Additionally, they put priority on keeping the herd calm. The new mantra must be "don't test, don't tell". Yes, I know we are testing people - but at a per-million population rate that competes with 3rd world countries. It seems that some may have thought that to rush to mass testing would spook the herd, and we can't have that, can we?

I have a friend that is a microbiologist whose lab is studying this with control groups etc., getting the same results

Team Wolfs
Re: Is life as we know it over?? [Re: Der Vorsteher] #13482757 03/22/20 04:12 PM
C
crankn101 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Der Vorsteher
An anti-malaria drug named chloroquine, or hydroxychloroquine, has shown fantastic results in combating the COVID-19 virus.

“A peer-reviewed study shows that 100% of patients, after 6 days of taking a Malaria drug were ‘virologically’ cured

“This is, reportedly, the 2nd 100% cure to a virus that has ever existed,” Charlie Kirk, a friend of the president, said on Twitter.

https://explainlife.com/100-of-patients-new-coronavirus-update-sends-shockwaves-20759/

I have a close friend who does results analysis and reports as an independent party to trial studies - studies that use hundreds of participants and a double-blind control group methodology. I spoke with him about this and got the expected professional analysis. Normal medical industry standards would laugh at a test with a mere 26 subjects, with no control group to boot! There's no way to know what number of them might have had the same result, even without the medication. Can they be immediately reinfected? We don't know that ether..... The politicians don't know a good way out of this, and they keep hoping we'll simply get lucky so they are off the hook for solving this. Additionally, they put priority on keeping the herd calm. The new mantra must be "don't test, don't tell". Yes, I know we are testing people - but at a per-million population rate that competes with 3rd world countries. It seems that some may have thought that to rush to mass testing would spook the herd, and we can't have that, can we?

I have a friend that is a microbiologist whose lab is studying this with control groups etc., getting the same results

Thats awesome

Re: Is life as we know it over?? [Re: Flippin-Out] #13482769 03/22/20 04:17 PM
T
the skipper Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T

I agree. At least here it seems they are doing exactly that. Dont tell any info and people wont know.

Re: Is life as we know it over?? [Re: elcoyote, esq.] #13482815 03/22/20 04:50 PM
B
Bassman_78 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by elcoyote, esq.
Originally Posted by Magged Out
NWO

Mark of the Beast

The End!

The first one is a great song, I don’t care for the other 2.

I really liked that album back in the day. I need to listen to it again.

Re: Is life as we know it over?? [Re: Douglas J] #13482819 03/22/20 04:53 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Our forefathers faced far worse than this and life went on and steadily improved. This will be the same as long as some people lose the defeatist attitude and push forward. its gonna suck for us for a while but its not gonna be the end of life as we know it.

Re: Is life as we know it over?? [Re: Douglas J] #13482837 03/22/20 05:02 PM
donothin Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Things will change for sure. I would suspect there will be much more telecommuting as a result. We will find that there are things we can do without and will continue to do so. We will continue to develop technologically and slow with the manufacturing. We will struggle with the loss of equity in our retirement systems.
There will be a new day, but we will survive and thrive again.

Re: Is life as we know it over?? [Re: Douglas J] #13482839 03/22/20 05:06 PM
J
Jpurdue Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
We will pull through. I agree, the major cities will get hammered. I hope there is something to the notion that warm weather harms the virus. If so Texas cities may be spared. (No clear evidence of this yet). The best thing any one of us can do is to keep ourselves from getting the virus. Flatten the curve with your family.

If you have to go out limit it to critical outings and by all means keep yourself safe through whatever measures you can. Wear an 95 mask and nitrile gloves if you have them. I went to get a few last critical groceries this morning and was the only person in the store wearing PPE. At least one person in the store scoffed at me for the mask and gloves I had on. I'm not trying to scare anyone, but I'm not joking around with this virus. I live in the 4th largest city in the country and everyone was in that store like it was a normal day. Scary.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Is life as we know it over?? [Re: Douglas J] #13482873 03/22/20 05:35 PM
D
deerfeeder Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Change is part of the human condition. But, just as with the rest of nature it is going to be adapt or whither and die. Darwin had that part right. Whither and die could be taken literally or it could mean adapt as a nation or go under.

Non Sibi Sed Patriae -- "Not for self, but for country."

Re: Is life as we know it over?? [Re: Douglas J] #13482898 03/22/20 05:54 PM
donothin Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
And then there is the oil bidness which is a big deal in Texas. Currently there is an oil glut that will quickly affect the economy of Texas. Will partially depend on how long the price war continues, but also consumption will be down for awhile.

Re: Is life as we know it over?? [Re: deerfeeder] #13482899 03/22/20 05:54 PM
P
Po Boy Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
P
Everyone needs to calm down and read Psalm 91.

Re: Is life as we know it over?? [Re: Douglas J] #13482936 03/22/20 06:43 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
D
If you lived through 9-11, you know a lot changed that has never returned to what we considered normal prior to September 11, 2001. I guess I should have been more clear. Not actually your life, like you'll die. Life as an American living in a free society.

If you have not noticed the economy has already been drastically affected in just 10 short days. If the outbreak spreads, as predicted, the healthcare system will be overwhelmed to the point there are little no ICU beds for those that are sick or injured that have nothing to do with Covid-19. Just because we are on the cusp of a pandemic doesn't mean people's healthcare issues can be put on pause until we clear all this mess up.

The effect on the health care system is the root of the problem with this virus.

#MFGA
Re: Is life as we know it over?? [Re: Po Boy] #13482953 03/22/20 06:59 PM
S
Siberman Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Po Boy
Everyone needs to calm down and read Psalm 91.

thumb

Re: Is life as we know it over?? [Re: Douglas J] #13482960 03/22/20 07:15 PM
B-rader Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Doug, tell us the info then . I'm a first responder as well and our city is going nuts. If you have info,share it.

A-RIGS , MAKING BAD FISHERMAN LOOK GOOD SINCE 2010
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide