Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: the silence is deafening..... [Re: beartrap] #13481665 03/21/20 05:08 PM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Is 500k viewers good when every other sport in the world is cancelled and there are no other competing tours on?

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: the silence is deafening..... [Re: beartrap] #13481672 03/21/20 05:20 PM
rj74955 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I enjoyed the Fork tournament but out of those 500,000 views I had to refresh about 100,000 times.

Re: the silence is deafening..... [Re: rj74955] #13481699 03/21/20 05:56 PM
N
Neches Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted by rj74955
I enjoyed the Fork tournament but out of those 500,000 views I had to refresh about 100,000 times.

I hear ya another 100,000 of those were mine

Re: the silence is deafening..... [Re: beartrap] #13481716 03/21/20 06:16 PM
retdbasser Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Refreshed a lot also, running Firefox. Is Chrome any better for watching BPT?

Prepare for the future-it will be here tomorrow.
Personal Best Large Mouth Bass 9 lbs. 12 oz 5/13/19.
Herb Stein, who famously reminded us that โ€œif something canโ€™t go on forever, it will stop.โ€
Re: the silence is deafening..... [Re: beartrap] #13481721 03/21/20 06:20 PM
M
MCIPinkie Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Rule No. 1, and there is no Rule No. 2:

IT'S THE MONEY, MORON !!

As long as Boyd and his team can keep sponsor money flowing, ever how they do it, the circuit will remain successful. If that stops, or the sponsors leave and go to BASS, or somewhere else, the anglers will follow. They have to in order to make a living.

There are a few guys that are financially secure enough that they can fish what they like, to heck with money, but to a lot of those guys, it's a paycheck. Either in winnings, or in increased sponsor ships. For every KVD, or Swindle, or Dudley, there are a dozen you never heard of scrambling for a check.

Rule No. 1 does not only apply to fishing. Look at everything you see from that view point. Ask yourself, "how is the money moving?' Gets very interesting when you study it.

Re: the silence is deafening..... [Re: beartrap] #13481745 03/21/20 06:54 PM
B
beartrap Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
this week MLF had three days of live streaming of their Lake Fork/Athens tournament...this Friday Saturday and Sunday and every weekend MLF has 6 hours of tournament coverage on the Discovery/Sportsman channels...FLW had 4 days of live streaming of the lake martin tourney...
BASS had zero.....

Re: the silence is deafening..... [Re: beartrap] #13481783 03/21/20 07:24 PM
M
MCIPinkie Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Remember Judge Judy had about 10 hours. Doctor Phil had about the same. God knows how much Family Feud had. Reruns of Emeril. HSN was on almost 24/7.

As long as hours equate to sponsor $, MLF will be rocking.

Rule No. 1 applies. Never forget it.

Re: the silence is deafening..... [Re: the skipper] #13482078 03/21/20 11:46 PM
Big C Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by the skipper
Is 500k viewers good when every other sport in the world is cancelled and there are no other competing tours on?

Yea, that is also a good point.

BIG C

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.

Sir Winston Churchill
Re: the silence is deafening..... [Re: beartrap] #13482114 03/22/20 12:08 AM
Big C Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I'm probably a bad judge because if it's bass fishing, I'll watch it, no matter how bad it is. That said, I really enjoyed the coverage. I did like that they upped the minimum. JMO, but I would look at statistics from many tournaments held on a specific lake at the specific time or year (and for any big fisheries, there would be reams of data) and whatever the average weight of all tournaments held, that would be your minimum. Obviously, Fork could have went higher than two pounds. Then, when you move to Yankee lakes where the size is less, adjust. I really enjoyed the on the boat segments. It gives you a better idea of what the angler is actually thinking. It could be that they could do a pay per view in addition where you could follow your favorite anglers, or lead anglers or however. TO me, for "X" amount of dollars I could follow an angler/anglers from start to finish, all day and all during the tournament. You'd get good participation, I think, if you even made it interactive. During a fish landing violation, or change of periods or whatever, the paid audience could ask the questions and the pros respond. I think the anglers would like it because its also another opportunity to personally pimp their sponsors and, obviously, their sponsors would like it. The whole interactive part would be a blast. Much like how some do with YouTube now.

BIG C

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.

Sir Winston Churchill
Re: the silence is deafening..... [Re: Big C] #13482158 03/22/20 12:41 AM
B
beartrap Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Big C

not sure whether other sports being cancelled had an impact or not....if there is a ballgame on that is important to you,most households now have the ability to record any fishing show and watch it when convenient....the important thing is that now we can watch most of the contending fishermen in a tournament in real time and the format is such that the excitement of live weighing of fish is like keeping score in a ballgame in real time as opposed to watching an hours worth of guys carrying bags of fish to the scales...

MLF/BPT/FLW has "come up with a better mousetrap" that has resulted in a huge increase in television exposure for each fisherman and perhaps more importantly,exposure for their sponsors...I made this prediction earlier that unless BASS does something to increase their TV time,they will become the 3rd rated tournament trail and they may not be able to survive...

Re: the silence is deafening..... [Re: beartrap] #13482159 03/22/20 12:43 AM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by beartrap

not sure whether other sports being cancelled had an impact or not....if there is a ballgame on that is important to you,most households now have the ability to record any fishing show and watch it when convenient....the important thing is that now we can watch most of the contending fishermen in a tournament in real time and the format is such that the excitement of live weighing of fish is like keeping score in a ballgame in real time as opposed to watching an hours worth of guys carrying bags of fish to the scales...

MLF/BPT/FLW has "come up with a better mousetrap" that has resulted in a huge increase in television exposure for each fisherman and perhaps more importantly,exposure for their sponsors...I made this prediction earlier that unless BASS does something to increase their TV time,they will become the 3rd rated tournament trail and they may not be able to survive...

Your entitled to that opinion. Lol

Re: the silence is deafening..... [Re: the skipper] #13482183 03/22/20 12:59 AM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S

Your entitled to that opinion. Lol

I don't think BASS will survive either with their current leadership without some major changes especially with how the economy is probably about to change

Last edited by SC-001; 03/22/20 12:59 AM.
Re: the silence is deafening..... [Re: beartrap] #13482205 03/22/20 01:10 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak

What TV time is FLW getting?

Just for fun look up the ratings each league has had. There are some links that will compare all 3 within a same time frame and you might be surprised at which league has the most viewers during that time. Hopefully later this year all 3 release ratings again to really get a better comparison.

Last edited by Mark Perry; 03/22/20 01:27 PM.
Re: the silence is deafening..... [Re: beartrap] #13482218 03/22/20 01:19 AM
slim 285 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Watched a little but had to refresh several times and they probably count it every time you refresh . Mo Little Fish

Re: the silence is deafening..... [Re: Mark Perry] #13482253 03/22/20 02:01 AM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

What TV time is FLW getting?

312 hours of programming on cable https://www.flwfishing.com/news/2019-11-18-flw-announces-details-for-2020-flw-pro-circuit

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide