What is a FNP?

a FNG with 6 months of experience

Re: Japan [Re: 9094] #13481191 03/21/20 06:10 AM
S
Scagnetti Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Now that daily cases have dwindled into the single digits, China has mounted an offensive to help the rest of the world get the virus under control.

From Japan to Iraq, Spain to Peru, China has provided humanitarian assistance and positioned themselves as the responsible global leader at a moment of worldwide crisis.

In doing so, it has stepped into a role that the West once dominated in times of natural disaster or public health emergency, and that Trump has increasingly ceded in his “America First” retreat from international engagement.

This is the first major global crisis in decades without meaningful U.S. leadership and with significant Chinese leadership.

It was but a few years ago that America led the fight against Ebola and now America fumbles and staggers to find a single united strategy.

Best advice for this generation and those who want to move forward is to learn Mandarin Chinese

[Linked Image]

Re: Japan [Re: 9094] #13481227 03/21/20 09:09 AM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
I know you are joking, but learning Mandarin is a good idea
The Red Cross (an American institution) has established itself as the world’s leader in humanitarian relief
Has American leadership fumbled on this one, yes
But years of the Chinese silencing foreign reporters and worse is not quickly forgotten.

[Linked Image]
Re: Japan [Re: Kentucky] #13481231 03/21/20 09:44 AM
elcoyote, esq. Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Kentucky
Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
What is a FNP?

a FNG with 6 months of experience

clap

Team wolfs

Originally Posted by Allison1
I had to perform. It took a minute to get it all in my mouth and another five to swallow it all.

Re: Japan [Re: 9094] #13481237 03/21/20 10:18 AM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
I would never trust anything that Japan, They are sneaky and can't be trusted
Originally Posted by 9094
So Japan was one of the first countries hit yet only has 900 cases total and few deaths.
They have not locked down the public, closed businesses, or collapsed their economy in panic.
Japan is one of the most concentrated populations on earth yet people are not dying or even getting sick
They are not diagnosing every cold with fever as corona virus and are actually testing for it.
We are not testing everyone and saying everyone with the cold and fever has it.
Japan smart, America dumb.

Japan attacked the USA, Never Forget, Never Forgive

You go to other countries than US or Japan and their people will not make direct eye contact with US citizens due to Pearl Harbor

Re: Japan [Re: 9094] #13481252 03/21/20 11:03 AM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
Yes. My folks have lived in Indonesia, Japan, S Korea, and Singapore
In general, the different Far East Asian countries don’t trust each other

Many people clearly remember Japan’s play for the entire region.

[Linked Image]
Re: Japan [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13481278 03/21/20 11:59 AM
RATZ Offline
Activity Coordinator
Activity Coordinator
Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
What is a FNP?

family nurse practitioner

If God is your co-pilot then change seats

https://abaltcustomlures.com/

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Japan [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13481309 03/21/20 12:39 PM
9094 Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by 9094
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Are we diagnosing every cold with fever as CV?

My daughter is a FNP and yes that has been the standard.
Had a patient at Scott and White ER that came in with a fever sore throat and shortness of breath and they said he had it no test sent him home as low risk. No test but marked him up as second confirmed case in Temple.
That is the MO so far. Said there weren’t enough tests to test everyone.

Surely that’s a precaution.

Meaning, we don’t have enough test kits, so we take those at low risk of dying/high probability of surviving on their own, and send the,home without testing and saving the test kits for those at risk of dying from this (olds, auto-immune deficient)

This would be like diagnosing because you test negative for the flu, but not wanting waste a test because you probably will survive on your own, and also convincing you to self quarantine, which frees up a bed for someone who might die from it, while also minimizing the chance you spread it to someone who might die. Right?

But that doesn’t mean they’re diagnosing you with it technically, or am I wrong?

No they are diagnosing it as corona virus period. And the diagnose is going into the national count. How does anyone think they came up up with the numbers before we even had test available?
Watching FOX this morning they said suspected corona virus cases when interviewing a nurse. I guess they are catching on.
Japan has TESTED 18,000 people with symptoms and had 900 actual cases. Kinda of tells a different story.

Re: Japan [Re: 9094] #13481333 03/21/20 12:55 PM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W
I think we will wake up one day and find out this was one of the biggest tricks played out on the american public ever.

Re: Japan [Re: 9094] #13481342 03/21/20 01:01 PM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W
And in case you were wondering there have been 370,000 cases of flu resulting in hospitalization in America this year, 22,000 deaths this year in the United States from flu......

Re: Japan [Re: WAWI] #13481393 03/21/20 01:46 PM
B
Bug-e Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by WAWI
And in case you were wondering there have been 370,000 cases of flu resulting in hospitalization in America this year, 22,000 deaths this year in the United States from flu......

These are great data to use for comparison. 22,000 deaths even though there's a vaccine that's at least partially effective, even though the flu virus is far less contagious than this coronavirus, even though there's some natural immunity in the population because this year's flu strain is very similar to flu strains that humans have been exposed to for basically their entire lives, this many flu deaths even though the flu virus does not have as long of a latency period than this coronavirus (you typically don't walk around for two week with an active flu infection while shedding virus particles), etc. This virus is 2 to 10 times deadlier than the flu virus and is many, many, many times more infectious than the flu. This virus has the very, very realistic potential to infect 70% or more of the population of America in a relatively short period of time if not checked (like six to nine months, 18 months max). I understand the skepticism and you are looking at the right data, but you are drawing the wrong conclusion from the flu data. 22,000 have died in the USA from the flu and this thing has way, way more potential to spread and kill than the flu. Way more. If we don't stomp on this enemy hard and fast with public health measures now, then we are screwed. Again, I strongly empathize with the skepticism. This is an insane situation. It's hard to believe that this is real. But the flu numbers don't lie. The flu has infected 370,000 and killed 22,000 even though there's a vaccine, some level of natural immunity in the US population, the virus is far less infectious, etc. Folks are looking at the wrong side of the coin, so to speak, with the flu data.

Re: Japan [Re: Bug-e] #13481403 03/21/20 01:54 PM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Bug-e

These are great data to use for comparison. 22,000 deaths even though there's a vaccine that's at least partially effective, even though the flu virus is far less contagious than this coronavirus, even though there's some natural immunity in the population because this year's flu strain is very similar to flu strains that humans have been exposed to for basically their entire lives, this many flu deaths even though the flu virus does not have as long of a latency period than this coronavirus (you typically don't walk around for two week with an active flu infection while shedding virus particles), etc. This virus is 2 to 10 times deadlier than the flu virus and is many, many, many times more infectious than the flu. This virus has the very, very realistic potential to infect 70% or more of the population of America in a relatively short period of time if not checked (like six to nine months, 18 months max). I understand the skepticism and you are looking at the right data, but you are drawing the wrong conclusion from the flu data. 22,000 have died in the USA from the flu and this thing has way, way more potential to spread and kill than the flu. Way more. If we don't stomp on this enemy hard and fast with public health measures now, then we are screwed. Again, I strongly empathize with the skepticism. This is an insane situation. It's hard to believe that this is real. But the flu numbers don't lie. The flu has infected 370,000 and killed 22,000 even though there's a vaccine, some level of natural immunity in the US population, the virus is far less infectious, etc. Folks are looking at the wrong side of the coin, so to speak, with the flu data.

370000 hospitalizations, I'll flip it, with all the the immunity, immunizations, etc for the flu its still so deadly it has wiped out a town the size of corsicana this year so far. Yet we dont destroy the economy, shut down business, schools, tell people to lock down, we dont even require flu shots which are cheap and readily available. Yet here we sit with this mess......

Re: Japan [Re: WAWI] #13481408 03/21/20 01:59 PM
S
Snakeyes711 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
I think we will wake up one day and find out this was one of the biggest tricks played out on the american public ever.

My cinnamons exactly.

Re: Japan [Re: WAWI] #13481472 03/21/20 02:32 PM
B
Bug-e Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Bug-e

370000 hospitalizations, I'll flip it, with all the the immunity, immunizations, etc for the flu its still so deadly it has wiped out a town the size of corsicana this year so far. Yet we dont destroy the economy, shut down business, schools, tell people to lock down, we dont even require flu shots which are cheap and readily available. Yet here we sit with this mess......

That's right. We don't. Coronavirus could realistically infect 200,000,000 Americans, not 370,000. If the flu infected 200,000,000 a year, then it would be like 1918 and the flu would shut down the country. That's one part of the big difference (the flu infects far, far fewer people than Corona). The second big difference is that this kills a higher percentage of infected people than the flu. It's a double whammy. Corona could easily kill 2,000,000 in the USA if not stomped on. Part of me just doesn't want to believe that this is real, but the math is painfully, horrifically straight forward. If 2,000,000 were to die in a six month time frame, then the country would be hit even harder than this. It's an insane situation. Unfortunately epidemiologist and public health professionals have been predicting something like this for at least 20 years and we have not prepared well. Extremely high human populations in large parts of the world plus extremely fast movement of humans makes an outbreak like this basically inevitable. Hopefully after this horrific nightmare is over we will be far better prepared for the next one because it will come unless we develop something like a drug/vaccine that provide immunity from a whole family of viruses like coronaviruses. Our decentralized government is great for many things, but terrible at other things. Preventative public health stuff should be treated more like military defense. We need the ability to rapidly and successfully deploy tests, stockpile equipment and supplies, etc., for rainy days like this. Anyway, I don't mean to be combative or pushy, but the math is very straightforward and very horrifying. I don't want to believe this is real, but the math is simple and painful. I think Lincoln said something about the "awful arithmetic" of the civil war. Fits for this.

Re: Japan [Re: 9094] #13481481 03/21/20 02:37 PM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W
Again 370, 000 hospitalizations not infections, infection are millions

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide