texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Jcparmy, mrvern, Catmandoo7788, BenUK, Jacob Steensma
112275 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
TexDawg 93,262
hopalong 84,742
Pilothawk 79,469
JDavis7873ฎ 67,398
Bigbob_FTW 62,825
Mark Perry 58,915
Tritonman 58,862
facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums62
Topics773,427
Posts9,746,093
Members112,275
Most Online36,273
Jan 23rd, 2013
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
All these cancellations. #13474339 03/16/20 09:57 PM
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 357
Saltymustache Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 357
I've been trying to bite my tongue and just roll with the punches, but enough is enough. Will everybody please read what the actual symptoms and complications of this virus are please. Yes it is extremely contagious, however, the symptoms for 80% of those infected are considered less mild than those of the flu. Of those 80%, the majority will not even need to see their doctor. Of the remaining 20%, which is those that have underlying medical conditions...ie cancer, lung disease, HIV etc. Only a very small percentage of those will require any hospitalization. The severe complications that come from this virus are the same as the flu, which is primarily respiratory related, ie pneumonia. Please use your common sense and calm down. Wash your hands before you eat, stay home if your immune system is down, and all will be okay.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: All these cancellations. [Re: Saltymustache] #13474344 03/16/20 10:01 PM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,709
B
BillS2006 Offline
TFF Team Angler
Offline
TFF Team Angler
B
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,709
And you got your doctor degree from where?



Re: All these cancellations. [Re: Saltymustache] #13474354 03/16/20 10:05 PM
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 357
Saltymustache Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 357
Dont need to be a doctor to repeat medical information.

Re: All these cancellations. [Re: Saltymustache] #13474367 03/16/20 10:09 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 450
W
woolyhogtail Offline
Angler
Offline
Angler
W
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 450
Originally Posted by bmobley30
Dont need to be a doctor to repeat medical information.

Exactly, everybody is acting like idiots

Re: All these cancellations. [Re: Saltymustache] #13474372 03/16/20 10:11 PM
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 357
Saltymustache Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 357
Just to be clear, my intent is not to cause arguments or take aim at anyone.

Re: All these cancellations. [Re: Saltymustache] #13474382 03/16/20 10:21 PM
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,439
W
WALLS Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
W
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,439
The wheels are set in motion now and it's just a CYA thing at this point. My kid's school district just announced no school through 4/19 and there are exactly two reported cases in our HUGE county in SE Texas. Just going to roll with it.

Re: All these cancellations. [Re: WALLS] #13474408 03/16/20 10:35 PM
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 6,204
R
Rayzor Offline
TFF Celebrity
Offline
TFF Celebrity
R
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 6,204
Originally Posted by WALLS
The wheels are set in motion now and it's just a CYA thing at this point. My kid's school district just announced no school through 4/19 and there are exactly two reported cases in our HUGE county in SE Texas. Just going to roll with it.


WHAT ARE PARENTS SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THEIR KIDS?


Be safe,
Rayzor
[Linked Image]
2001 Triton Tx-21/225 Mercury EFI
Re: All these cancellations. [Re: Saltymustache] #13474434 03/16/20 10:55 PM
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,345
i-Fish Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,345
We're going to be handcuffed for a while, boys. Buckle up. Consider yourself blessed if you're financially able to withstand the impact as many won't be. This is going to be an issue for several more weeks with a lot of people left struggling.


If you can't find em wind em.
Re: All these cancellations. [Re: Rayzor] #13474435 03/16/20 10:55 PM
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,024
Minner Bucket Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,024
Originally Posted by Rayzor
Originally Posted by WALLS
The wheels are set in motion now and it's just a CYA thing at this point. My kid's school district just announced no school through 4/19 and there are exactly two reported cases in our HUGE county in SE Texas. Just going to roll with it.


WHAT ARE PARENTS SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THEIR KIDS?


Should have thought about that at conception!

Re: All these cancellations. [Re: BillS2006] #13474454 03/16/20 11:16 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 5,186
C
coachallentca Offline
TFF Celebrity
Offline
TFF Celebrity
C
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 5,186
Originally Posted by BillS2006
And you got your doctor degree from where?



My wife is a Nurse Practitioner and she has been saying the same thing. Also being outside fishing or do outdoor activity the risk is very small so I will fish as much as I can.


Cowboy Church bass club
Tournament Director
Re: All these cancellations. [Re: coachallentca] #13474463 03/16/20 11:30 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 22,451
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 22,451
Originally Posted by coachallentca
Originally Posted by BillS2006
And you got your doctor degree from where?



My wife is a Nurse Practitioner and she has been saying the same thing. Also being outside fishing or do outdoor activity the risk is very small so I will fish as much as I can.


thumb


2018 Skeeter FX20LE w/ Yamaha 250 SHO





Re: All these cancellations. [Re: Saltymustache] #13474474 03/16/20 11:41 PM
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 952
S
sprigsss Offline
Pro Angler
Offline
Pro Angler
S
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 952
I agree there has been some over reaction, however comparing it to the flu is a bit unfair.

The death rate amongst the elderly in some areas has been nearly 15%. I think the federal and state governments are doing what they can to protect these people. 15% mortality rate isnโ€™t something to ignore.

Other issue with this virus compared to the flu is an adult may be symptom free but contagious for 14 days, so who is taking care of grandma? I think we owe it to that generation to do everything we can to slow the spread as much as possible. If we can stall it and get some warm weather hopefully it will get under control.

So no, you may not be at great risk of death, but being contagious and symptom free can be a grave threat to others.

Re: All these cancellations. [Re: Minner Bucket] #13474477 03/16/20 11:42 PM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 871
C
Coolarrow Offline
Pro Angler
Offline
Pro Angler
C
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 871
Originally Posted by Minner Bucket
Originally Posted by Rayzor
Originally Posted by WALLS
The wheels are set in motion now and it's just a CYA thing at this point. My kid's school district just announced no school through 4/19 and there are exactly two reported cases in our HUGE county in SE Texas. Just going to roll with it.


WHAT ARE PARENTS SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THEIR KIDS?


Should have thought about that at conception!

[Linked Image]

This is what I did yesterday..

Re: All these cancellations. [Re: Saltymustache] #13474478 03/16/20 11:43 PM
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 722
Neal G Offline
Pro Angler
Offline
Pro Angler
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 722
Originally Posted by bmobley30
I've been trying to bite my tongue and just roll with the punches, but enough is enough. Will everybody please read what the actual symptoms and complications of this virus are please. Yes it is extremely contagious, however, the symptoms for 80% of those infected are considered less mild than those of the flu. Of those 80%, the majority will not even need to see their doctor. Of the remaining 20%, which is those that have underlying medical conditions...ie cancer, lung disease, HIV etc. Only a very small percentage of those will require any hospitalization. The severe complications that come from this virus are the same as the flu, which is primarily respiratory related, ie pneumonia. Please use your common sense and calm down. Wash your hands before you eat, stay home if your immune system is down, and all will be okay.


cheers

Re: All these cancellations. [Re: Coolarrow] #13474487 03/16/20 11:49 PM
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,439
W
WALLS Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
W
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,439
Originally Posted by Coolarrow
Originally Posted by Minner Bucket
Originally Posted by Rayzor
Originally Posted by WALLS
The wheels are set in motion now and it's just a CYA thing at this point. My kid's school district just announced no school through 4/19 and there are exactly two reported cases in our HUGE county in SE Texas. Just going to roll with it.


WHAT ARE PARENTS SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THEIR KIDS?


Should have thought about that at conception!

[Linked Image]

This is what I did yesterday..


cheers

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread


© 1998-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3