Re: BPT Championship day! [Re: Dubee] #13466701 03/10/20 06:31 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by Dubee
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
I'm not a fan of the changing lakes deal. Never have been for the tour events. Especially last minute like this. Just feels like a gimmick. Wish they would save the gimmicks for the cup events. To me, this discounts preparation and fish management which are huge parts of tournament bass fishing.

You mean like the old BASS mega bass event's

I mean like any event. No matter who puts it on. You know a person can have an opinion without it turning into a BASS vs MLF pissing match. It's ridiculous that you have to qualify every damn statement on here with a disclaimer that "I dont hate BASS" or 'I dont hate MLF".
Goodness

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: BPT Championship day! [Re: Bass-N-Buck Master] #13466710 03/10/20 06:40 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
somebody will win it deeper on Athens

#MFGA
Re: BPT Championship day! [Re: Dubee] #13466748 03/10/20 07:21 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
I'm not a fan of the changing lakes deal. Never have been for the tour events. Especially last minute like this. Just feels like a gimmick. Wish they would save the gimmicks for the cup events. To me, this discounts preparation and fish management which are huge parts of tournament bass fishing.

Or the bassmaster majors mid-2000's or for that matter the mystery lake deal BASS used to do, noidea actually the first classic was mystery lake wasn't it

Last edited by SC-001; 03/10/20 07:22 PM.
Re: BPT Championship day! [Re: Douglas J] #13466766 03/10/20 07:37 PM
C
Chris_K Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
I wonder how they’ll navigate around the local pressure.. I think they underestimated the amount of boats on a normal day plus the traffic they’ll bring bring there.

Re: BPT Championship day! [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #13466768 03/10/20 07:39 PM
M
m.sherman Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
M

Who said it was last minute when did they make this decision?
I know for a fact Marty Stone mentioned it during the Okeechobee coverage I don't remember which day it was he talked like it was well known and was determined some time ago.
So you might want to do some fact checking before saying it is a last minute gimmick. Also the lack of preparation It supposed to be more of a challenge that way.

Re: BPT Championship day! [Re: Chris_K] #13466783 03/10/20 07:57 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Chris_K
I wonder how they’ll navigate around the local pressure.. I think they underestimated the amount of boats on a normal day plus the traffic they’ll bring bring there.

That can be said for any lake they go to and most, if not all, of these guys have fished Fork on weekends at one time or another with BASS or TTBC. Nothing special about this week and they put less boats on the water anyway. Final days happen during the week, so that lightens traffic as well.

Re: BPT Championship day! [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #13466806 03/10/20 08:24 PM
TxBazzn Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

I mean like any event. No matter who puts it on. You know a person can have an opinion without it turning into a BASS vs MLF pissing match. It's ridiculous that you have to qualify every damn statement on here with a disclaimer that "I dont hate BASS" or 'I dont hate MLF".
Goodness

Amen Brother!

Re: BPT Championship day! [Re: Bass-N-Buck Master] #13466810 03/10/20 08:28 PM
B
BThomas Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
What does Big O think about this ?

Re: BPT Championship day! [Re: m.sherman] #13466812 03/10/20 08:31 PM
TxBazzn Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by m.sherman

I know for a fact Marty Stone mentioned it during the Okeechobee coverage I don't remember which day it was he talked like it was well known and was determined some time ago.
So you might want to do some fact checking before saying it is a last minute gimmick. Also the lack of preparation It supposed to be more of a challenge that way.

You were so anxious to nit pick that you missed his point. He is not a fan of tournaments changing lakes for 1 day. Last Minute or not.

Who cares if they are challenged. I want to see big fish caught and plenty of them. These tournaments restricting practice or putting it 3 days before or changing lakes to one they don’t practice on is terrible for viewing. I don’t want to watch the angler struggle all day. I get a front row seat to that each weekend.

Re: BPT Championship day! [Re: TxBazzn] #13466897 03/10/20 10:00 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by TxBazzn

You were so anxious to nit pick that you missed his point. He is not a fan of tournaments changing lakes for 1 day. Last Minute or not.

Who cares if they are challenged. I want to see big fish caught and plenty of them. These tournaments restricting practice or putting it 3 days before or changing lakes to one they don’t practice on is terrible for viewing. I don’t want to watch the angler struggle all day. I get a front row seat to that each weekend.

Who says you're not going to see them caught on Athens? The thing hasn't even happened yet and you're just as anxious as the person you're chastising above. Let the event play out and then you can come back here and voice your approval or lack thereof.

Re: BPT Championship day! [Re: TxBazzn] #13466940 03/10/20 10:42 PM
M
m.sherman Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
M
Originally Posted by TxBazzn

Who Said I missed his point I just commented on what he said I think you missed his point.
if his point was he is not a fan of tournaments changing lakes for 1 day last Minute or not. then why not simply say just that, but he chose not to instead he chose to call the move a gimmick. A obvious weak jab at The BPT so I chose to call him out you did not like that I take it. So you tried to make a week point about me missing his point.
So what is your next post oping to be about? Let me make this point if you dont like BPT just be a adult about at let us that do watch it in peace with out the weak jabs and snarky immature comments.

Re: BPT Championship day! [Re: Bass-N-Buck Master] #13467102 03/11/20 01:30 AM
M
McLovin’ Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
They will crush on both lakes the way it’s setting up...both lakes are getting right

Re: BPT Championship day! [Re: Bass-N-Buck Master] #13467240 03/11/20 03:35 AM
R
ring fry Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
Seriously, that really sucks that they are going to Athens. I fished Fork the last two days and am going to Athens tomorrow (before I heard) . Them being there on the finals will probably ruin that lake for a couple years. I will be good for TV though. mad

SE Kansas grass grower (retired)

2008, 2022 NCAA Men's Basketball Champions
GO JAYHAWKS

Re: BPT Championship day! [Re: Bass-N-Buck Master] #13467260 03/11/20 04:09 AM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Weather looks like it could be rainy and stormy some of the days too, maybe that will keep Athens from getting pantsed too bad

Re: BPT Championship day! [Re: Bass-N-Buck Master] #13467263 03/11/20 04:19 AM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
You can't kill Athens. It gets as much pressure as anywhere already

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide