Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,039,146
Posts13,959,963
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
How to - Garmin EchoMap 93SV Plus Livescope Perspective Mode Software Update, SD card method #13464039 03/08/20 11:33 AM
S
Skunked Again Fishing Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
S
This is a video on How to - Garmin EchoMap 93SV Plus Livescope Perspective Mode Software Update, SD card method. From my research, using the SD card to update the Software to version 11.2 is recommended over ActiveCaptain due to a bug in the upload.
I show you step by step from the desktop computer to the uploading on the Garmin Unit. Hope this helps you.

One 10-pounder is better than ten 1-pounders; but 100 1-pounders is ok too!
If this kind of stuff floats your boat, be a subscriber to my youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/SkunkedAgain
Get exclusive information by following SkunkedAgain Facebook page: www.Facebook.com/SkunkedAgain
Re: How to - Garmin EchoMap 93SV Plus Livescope Perspective Mode Software Update, SD card method [Re: Skunked Again Fishing] #13464592 03/08/20 11:33 PM
shut-up-and-fish Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

I would recommend holding off on the update as I am hearing of some troubles it is creating with traditional Livescope. I am seeing where Garmin is working on an update to resolve the issues the recent update has caused. No rush either as the Perspective Made bracket isn't yet available.

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
From *Sales, *Installation Services, and *On the shop floor Education & Instructional Tips
We have you covered here @ shut-up-and-fish for all of your Humminbird, Lowrance,
Garmin, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs plus much more - Call Now 972 822 9285
Re: How to - Garmin EchoMap 93SV Plus Livescope Perspective Mode Software Update, SD card method [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #13464999 03/09/20 10:25 AM
S
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted by shut-up-and-fish

I would recommend holding off on the update as I am hearing of some troubles it is creating with traditional Livescope. I am seeing where Garmin is working on an update to resolve the issues the recent update has caused. No rush either as the Perspective Made bracket isn't yet available.

I'd have to agree after on the water testing yesterday. I'm doing some more optimization to get the most out of it. Be on the look-out for the review video.
Tim

If this kind of stuff floats your boat, be a subscriber to my youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/SkunkedAgain
Get exclusive information by following SkunkedAgain Facebook page: www.Facebook.com/SkunkedAgain
Re: How to - Garmin EchoMap 93SV Plus Livescope Perspective Mode Software Update, SD card method [Re: Skunked Again Fishing] #13465346 03/09/20 03:32 PM
ThaDudeAbides Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Not always good to be the first V1 software adopter. Seeing that people have to drastically change their gains from pre-update settings and also many more "ghost trees" showing up.

**Professional amateur crappie fisherman**

1997 Nitro Savage 896, 200 HP Mercury EFI, Garmin Force, Garmin GPSMAP 1022 w/ Livescope, Garmin Ultra 122sv, Garmin 93
Re: How to - Garmin EchoMap 93SV Plus Livescope Perspective Mode Software Update, SD card method [Re: ThaDudeAbides] #13465639 03/09/20 06:59 PM
Boomerbrewer Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I seem to have much more trouble dialing in my unit to see a jigs than I did before the update. I though it was just me. I probably will keep the update anyway since I have been working on a remote adjustable mount to switch between modes. I hope they hurry with a fix.

2013 Glasstream 221 Center Console 150 Merc.
Helix 10, Helix 9 mega SI x2, Garmin 9sv + livescope
Terrova Ipilot Link 36v 105ah Lithium, 12v 160a Lithium Aux
Re: How to - Garmin EchoMap 93SV Plus Livescope Perspective Mode Software Update, SD card method [Re: Boomerbrewer] #13466155 03/10/20 10:04 AM
S
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted by Boomerbrewer
I seem to have much more trouble dialing in my unit to see a jigs than I did before the update. I though it was just me. I probably will keep the update anyway since I have been working on a remote adjustable mount to switch between modes. I hope they hurry with a fix.

I'm liking your idea. What I learned the first day of trying it out was I wish I had a remote adjustment to be able to dial in the bottom contour by making small adjustments on the angle. Tim

Re: How to - Garmin EchoMap 93SV Plus Livescope Perspective Mode Software Update, SD card method [Re: Skunked Again Fishing] #13466247 03/10/20 12:34 PM
Boomerbrewer Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted by Skunked Again Fishing

I'm liking your idea. What I learned the first day of trying it out was I wish I had a remote adjustment to be able to dial in the bottom contour by making small adjustments on the angle. Tim

I agree completely, I would like to be able to vertically scan the water column, and I think that it may make perspective mode more useful in deeper water. I posted a prototype of a remote control switcher over at: https://texasfishingforum.com/forum...livescope-perspective-mount#Post13465246

I would love to hear some feedback that could help me refine it further. If it winds up useful I could put some instructions together or something.

2013 Glasstream 221 Center Console 150 Merc.
Helix 10, Helix 9 mega SI x2, Garmin 9sv + livescope
Terrova Ipilot Link 36v 105ah Lithium, 12v 160a Lithium Aux
Re: How to - Garmin EchoMap 93SV Plus Livescope Perspective Mode Software Update, SD card method [Re: Boomerbrewer] #13468473 03/12/20 09:43 AM
S
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted by Skunked Again Fishing

I agree completely, I would like to be able to vertically scan the water column, and I think that it may make perspective mode more useful in deeper water. I posted a prototype of a remote control switcher over at: https://texasfishingforum.com/forum...livescope-perspective-mount#Post13465246

I would love to hear some feedback that could help me refine it further. If it winds up useful I could put some instructions together or something.

Brilliant thinking. I already have the left right panning (by mounting it on a used trolling motor shaft. But I'd like to have the up/down perspective angle controllable from above. I think that ability would be the final piece for me. Thanks for posting. I'd love to get the drawings/ideas. Tim

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide