texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,881
Posts13,954,755
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: what stupid stunts did ya pull as a kid? [Re: hopalong] #13455392 02/29/20 10:30 AM
DanDaBald Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Some of these are great for a chuckle at 0430 on a Saturday . . . . . smile

flag NEVER FORGET 9/11/2001 flag
Re: what stupid stunts did ya pull as a kid? [Re: hopalong] #13455399 02/29/20 11:38 AM
RedRanger Offline
burro desagradable
burro desagradable
We had a local legend in the neighborhood. He tried to rob a bank with fake gun in Irving at the age of 14.

Re: what stupid stunts did ya pull as a kid? [Re: hopalong] #13455408 02/29/20 12:12 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
Did his name rhyme with “fed stranger”?

[Linked Image]
Re: what stupid stunts did ya pull as a kid? [Re: DanDaBald] #13455409 02/29/20 12:12 PM
hopalong Online Confused OP
Pescador Loco
OP Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by DanDaBald
Some of these are great for a chuckle at 0430 on a Saturday . . . . . smile

thumb

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: what stupid stunts did ya pull as a kid? [Re: RedRanger] #13455410 02/29/20 12:14 PM
hopalong Online Confused OP
Pescador Loco
OP Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by RedRanger
We had a local legend in the neighborhood. He tried to rob a bank with fake gun in Irving at the age of 14.

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: what stupid stunts did ya pull as a kid? [Re: hopalong] #13455856 02/29/20 10:03 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
back in the 50's 4-5 of us get tickets to sugar bowl in new orleans….back then we didn't have interstate highways so highways ran through middle of towns...some of these little towns we went through were busy as downtowns used to be before malls and shopping centers came along....we had an ample supply of cherry bombs and amused ourselves by dropping them out of the window and watching people run in every direction when one of those things went off....
this same trip we were traveling along the gulf on a big wide highway probably old highway 90 and we stopped at a gas station to fill up....most of us went inside to use restroom and get something to drink...right across the highway was a huge combo filling station and souvenir shop...they also had several tents with huge stacks of pottery....to get your attention, they had two elephants tied to a pole that walked around and around.....

so help me,this is a true story and I hope the statue of limitations has run out....when we came out of the service station,my buddy (who is now deceased) had this "sh..t eating grin" on his face and he was lighting a cherry bomb....he was left handed,played baseball and had a good throwing arm....
he lit that cherry bomb,fired it across that highway and it hit one of those elephants right in the rear,it dropped about 2 feet and went off....I can't even begin to describe the pandemonium and chaos that instantly happened...the elephants screamed and reared up jerking the pole out of the ground,then they got tangled in the tents,smashed pottery flying everywhere,people were running in every direction..we see a couple of some kind of dark skinned foreigners screaming,shaking their fists and running toward us....,we are yelling at our driver to crank the damn car and get the hell out of there which we did....
It was really funny at the time to a bunch of high school kids but I've thought about this several times over the years,it was stupid to do this and I really hope no one got hurt.(and the souvenir shop had insurance against elephant stampedes)...

Re: what stupid stunts did ya pull as a kid? [Re: beartrap] #13455887 02/29/20 10:44 PM
SgtDag Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by beartrap
back in the 50's 4-5 of us get tickets to sugar bowl in new orleans….back then we didn't have interstate highways so highways ran through middle of towns...some of these little towns we went through were busy as downtowns used to be before malls and shopping centers came along....we had an ample supply of cherry bombs and amused ourselves by dropping them out of the window and watching people run in every direction when one of those things went off....
this same trip we were traveling along the gulf on a big wide highway probably old highway 90 and we stopped at a gas station to fill up....most of us went inside to use restroom and get something to drink...right across the highway was a huge combo filling station and souvenir shop...they also had several tents with huge stacks of pottery....to get your attention, they had two elephants tied to a pole that walked around and around.....

so help me,this is a true story and I hope the statue of limitations has run out....when we came out of the service station,my buddy (who is now deceased) had this "sh..t eating grin" on his face and he was lighting a cherry bomb....he was left handed,played baseball and had a good throwing arm....
he lit that cherry bomb,fired it across that highway and it hit one of those elephants right in the rear,it dropped about 2 feet and went off....I can't even begin to describe the pandemonium and chaos that instantly happened...the elephants screamed and reared up jerking the pole out of the ground,then they got tangled in the tents,smashed pottery flying everywhere,people were running in every direction..we see a couple of some kind of dark skinned foreigners screaming,shaking their fists and running toward us....,we are yelling at our driver to crank the damn car and get the hell out of there which we did....
It was really funny at the time to a bunch of high school kids but I've thought about this several times over the years,it was stupid to do this and I really hope no one got hurt.(and the souvenir shop had insurance against elephant stampedes)...

That’s gangsta! You’d be in jail and eventually stoned now a days

"If you're going through hell keep going." Winston Churchill

Originally Posted by 1ShotNoKills
I open mouth kiss my sisters
Re: what stupid stunts did ya pull as a kid? [Re: hopalong] #13456056 03/01/20 02:17 AM
A
austin_on_guitar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
A
Back in high school in the 90s, a guy messed with my car in a bad way.

I looked him up in the phone book, got his Dad's name, their address, and went to town.

First I had their newspaper delivery cancelled. Then I had their power and water shut off. Then I got their phone shut off.

As a coup de gras I sent a demolition team to their house to level it. That was the hardest sell but I made the appointment.

All I'd need to do it again is a burner phone, because that was back in the pre-caller ID days when if you spoke with authority, it could happen.

Epilogue: The dude thought my friend did it for messing with me and apologized to him. My friend took it in stride, then came over to me and asked "What did you do?!" and I told him.

Joy & Justice
Re: what stupid stunts did ya pull as a kid? [Re: hopalong] #13456191 03/01/20 05:30 AM
B
blooper961 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
One of the most painful.
We had eaten catfish and I walked with the remains to the trash.
As I was walking through the back yard to the trash, a catfish head fell out.
It was one swift kick to the trash so I kicked it.
The fin on the side went through my shoe into my big toe.
You want real pain thats it.

Re: what stupid stunts did ya pull as a kid? [Re: beartrap] #13456192 03/01/20 05:37 AM
L
leethefishking Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L

. I think this is the story of black diamond I was told as a kid. It actually trampled and killed several people.

Re: what stupid stunts did ya pull as a kid? [Re: leethefishking] #13456310 03/01/20 02:02 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by leethefishking

. I think this is the story of black diamond I was told as a kid. It actually trampled and killed several people.

black diamond trampling happened 27 years prior to this and in Corsicana,texas which is a long way from the Alabama/Miss. gulf coast...…(have to admit I was relieved to read black diamond rampage wasn't caused by a cherry bomb)….

Re: what stupid stunts did ya pull as a kid? [Re: hopalong] #13456551 03/01/20 06:26 PM
JustWingem Offline
Gentleman Jack
Gentleman Jack
When I was about 14 my dad loaded the boat on a Thursday evening going to fish a weekend tournament in Arkansas. He wouldn’t let me skip school to fish it with him. He was set to leave about the same time I was getting up for morning football practice. When he went to bed I went out and removed all his rods and tackle and placed it beside the garage. He left I got up and checked to makes sure he hadn’t found the missing stuff. When I came back in mom asked me why I was in such a good mood, I told her what I had done. She immediately realized that if he had gotten to AR. He would have beaten the living daylights out of me. (Obviously this was before cell phones) Mom grabs the phone and calls my dads fishing partner and informs him of the situation. So they had to double back to pick up the rods and tackle. My ride to practice showed up about then Thank goodness I wasn’t still home and he had a great weekend of fishing to easy my punishment.

DON'T GET CONFUSED BETWEEN MY PERSONALITY AND MY ATTITUDE. MY PERSONALITY IS WHO I AM...MY ATTITUDE DEPENDS ON WHO YOU ARE
Re: what stupid stunts did ya pull as a kid? [Re: hopalong] #13456626 03/01/20 07:45 PM
Ultra Light Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
My cousin and I couldn’t afford a boat. We found an old bookcase and caulked all the seams turned it upside down and used it to fish the inner harbor when we lived in Pascagoula, MS. Until the day a boats wake overturned us and we swam to shore.

Re: what stupid stunts did ya pull as a kid? [Re: JustWingem] #13456630 03/01/20 07:55 PM
butch sanders Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by JustWingem
When I was about 14 my dad loaded the boat on a Thursday evening going to fish a weekend tournament in Arkansas. He wouldn’t let me skip school to fish it with him. He was set to leave about the same time I was getting up for morning football practice. When he went to bed I went out and removed all his rods and tackle and placed it beside the garage. He left I got up and checked to makes sure he hadn’t found the missing stuff. When I came back in mom asked me why I was in such a good mood, I told her what I had done. She immediately realized that if he had gotten to AR. He would have beaten the living daylights out of me. (Obviously this was before cell phones) Mom grabs the phone and calls my dads fishing partner and informs him of the situation. So they had to double back to pick up the rods and tackle. My ride to practice showed up about then Thank goodness I wasn’t still home and he had a great weekend of fishing to easy my punishment.

man
thats horrible
why?

Re: what stupid stunts did ya pull as a kid? [Re: beartrap] #13456632 03/01/20 07:57 PM
butch sanders Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

too bad the elephant didn't trample your buddy

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide