Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Worst customer [Re: Nickbyrd] #13445751 02/20/20 07:39 PM
el Rojo Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
My worst customers were the ones that didn't pay.

Re: Worst customer [Re: Nickbyrd] #13445756 02/20/20 07:40 PM
T
thrashfish Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
We drilled two water wells for a retired pro football player on his cattle ranch, the job lasted about 5 months. Once the drilling was completed and we installed the pumping equipment we sent him an invoice for the project. He paid for the drilling portion of the project but would not pay for the pumping equipment. We ended up having to put a lien against his property which didn't help so we just went and repossessed the pumping equipment.

Re: Worst customer [Re: Kattelyn] #13445758 02/20/20 07:43 PM
JJ4MEL Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Kattelyn
Yelling at me in a very thick middle eastern accent "YOU ARE AMERICAN WOMAN I AM RESPECTING YOU VERY MUCH! NOW SHUT UP AND LET ME TALK TO A MAN"

slinger

Re: Worst customer [Re: teamplayer] #13445767 02/20/20 07:53 PM
W
whnigt Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
W
Originally Posted by teamplayer
My dad ran a John Deere dealership for years in the 70s and 80s. He had this one customer come in and purchase all his batteries from the dealership. The batteries when purchased had a two year warranty. About 23 months after he purchased the first battery, brought it in and requested a new one. Tested the battery and it was bad, got a new battery. About 23 months after purchasing another battery, same story. This was repeated another time. My dad suspected that he was bringing old batteries back. When one was replaced, he started etching the date into the top of the battery. They must have started making batteries a lot better because the guy never brought another one back.

I bet I worked at that John Deere dealership.

Re: Worst customer [Re: JJ4MEL] #13445780 02/20/20 08:05 PM
K
Kattelyn Offline
Little Psycho Coffee
Little Psycho Coffee
K
Originally Posted by JJ4MEL
Originally Posted by Kattelyn
Yelling at me in a very thick middle eastern accent "YOU ARE AMERICAN WOMAN I AM RESPECTING YOU VERY MUCH! NOW SHUT UP AND LET ME TALK TO A MAN"

slinger

de grin

Re: Worst customer [Re: Nickbyrd] #13445803 02/20/20 08:35 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
managed malls/shopping centers for 27 years and we had these customer comment cards at information booth.....complaints were always the same,not enough handicap parking spaces,why don't you have a Neiman marcus or Saks 5th Ave. store and the most common complaint was dirty restrooms although we would clean them every 2-3 hours.....couple years before I retired,I finally got a customer comment card complimenting us on how clean our restrooms were...I framed it,hung it on my office wall and sent this customer a thank you letter along with a $50.00 gift certificate....

Re: Worst customer [Re: Nickbyrd] #13445804 02/20/20 08:36 PM
P
PondFish Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
P
I worked for Tom Thumb for several years at a few different stores.
I was the Asst Manager of the Food Service operations (Deli and Bakery) at the store at Spring Valley and Coit and we had this one woman that was a TOTAL BITCH to everyone. If she ordered a pound of something it had to be EXACTLY one pound, 1.00, on the scale. NOT 0.99, NOT 1.01.
One time in front of about ten other customers she went into her tirade because it wasn't exactly 1.00/lb of macaroni salad. So I very carefully begin to take out about three macaroni noodles until it was exactly 1.00/lb.
Other times me, or my staff, would have to tear part of a slice of meat or cheese off to make sure it was exactly the amount she wanted.
On more than one occasion other customers would see her antics and after she was gone they would ask me if they were ever that bed; I assured them there was no one like her. And it wasn't just my department; it got so bad that the Store Director told her not to come to the store anymore. Great news for us.

A few months later I was filling in for the Asst Manager at the store at Beltline and Preston and guess who walks up to the counter... you got it, Frau Bitch (we called her that because she had a strong what I think was a German accent). When she saw me I know she recognized me and she lost some of the attitude, I guess the thought of getting booted from another store didn't appeal to her.

I always wished I could find out what she did and where she worked to see if I could find a way to treat her like she treated so many other people.

Re: Worst customer [Re: PondFish] #13445809 02/20/20 08:39 PM
K
Kattelyn Offline
Little Psycho Coffee
Little Psycho Coffee
K
Originally Posted by PondFish
I always wished I could find out what she did and where she worked to see if I could find a way to treat her like she treated so many other people.

You can almost guarantee someone like that has never worked a day in her life.

Re: Worst customer [Re: thrashfish] #13445818 02/20/20 08:52 PM
M
mattm Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted by thrashfish
We drilled two water wells for a retired pro football player on his cattle ranch, the job lasted about 5 months. Once the drilling was completed and we installed the pumping equipment we sent him an invoice for the project. He paid for the drilling portion of the project but would not pay for the pumping equipment. We ended up having to put a lien against his property which didn't help so we just went and repossessed the pumping equipment.

Qb from Stephenville?

Re: Worst customer [Re: Nickbyrd] #13445834 02/20/20 09:05 PM
B
BassFever Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
B
Had a lady pay with money she pulled from her bra. She was a VERY heavy set woman. It was 95 degrees outside and I don't think her car had A/C. The bills were dripping wet. I said just leave it on the counter.

Re: Worst customer [Re: mattm] #13445841 02/20/20 09:08 PM
T
thrashfish Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by mattm
Originally Posted by thrashfish

Qb from Stephenville?

No, lineman from the Oilers

Last edited by thrashfish; 02/20/20 09:08 PM.
Re: Worst customer [Re: PondFish] #13446092 02/21/20 01:02 AM
B
Beer Money Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by PondFish
I worked for Tom Thumb for several years at a few different stores.
I was the Asst Manager of the Food Service operations (Deli and Bakery) at the store at Spring Valley and Coit and we had this one woman that was a TOTAL BITCH to everyone. If she ordered a pound of something it had to be EXACTLY one pound, 1.00, on the scale. NOT 0.99, NOT 1.01.
One time in front of about ten other customers she went into her tirade because it wasn't exactly 1.00/lb of macaroni salad. So I very carefully begin to take out about three macaroni noodles until it was exactly 1.00/lb.
Other times me, or my staff, would have to tear part of a slice of meat or cheese off to make sure it was exactly the amount she wanted.
On more than one occasion other customers would see her antics and after she was gone they would ask me if they were ever that bed; I assured them there was no one like her. And it wasn't just my department; it got so bad that the Store Director told her not to come to the store anymore. Great news for us.

A few months later I was filling in for the Asst Manager at the store at Beltline and Preston and guess who walks up to the counter... you got it, Frau Bitch (we called her that because she had a strong what I think was a German accent). When she saw me I know she recognized me and she lost some of the attitude, I guess the thought of getting booted from another store didn't appeal to her.

What year were you at Spring Valley and Coit? I was a night stocker there in 1984.

Re: Worst customer [Re: Nickbyrd] #13446151 02/21/20 02:02 AM
butch sanders Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Nickbyrd
Originally Posted by Canino
I worked for a small software company in Flower Mound that did on-site install/training. Another installer had spent a week at a client site in Waco getting them set up.

Monday morning this client calls yelling and screaming - nothing is working, the entire system is down, he's going to call his bank and stop the check and he wants the software removed from his network. He was transferred up the line and no one could get him to calm down enough to get in a word edgewise, much less attempt to troubleshoot. The company president and the salesman got on the call and convinced him to let us at least try to get it working. Ok he says, he'll give us one chance but we better get on it immediately.

So the original installer and I get in a car and hit the road on an unscheduled trip to Waco. This was something we never did - all tech support was by phone according to the contract.

We get to his office and he's sitting there fuming. I think he had been sitting there staring at his screen the entire time we were driving. His assistant comes in with us. The installer finally gets the guy to let us sit down at his computer to see what's going on after us having to listen at length to how he's going to stop payment and he wants all this junk off his network.

The installer types in the guy's user name and then says, "Ok sir, what's your password?" The guy answers, "That's the problem! I can't remember!"

We sit there for a few seconds not believing what we had just heard, and then his assistant says, "Hey wait, isn't your password your last name?" The installer types in the guy's last name and logs in.

"Oh. Huh. I guess it's working now. OK, thanks." and he promptly leaves to go to lunch.

These kind of shenanigans will drive a man insane

you should always be able to go in person IMHO

Re: Worst customer [Re: Nickbyrd] #13446152 02/21/20 02:02 AM
A
Allen Bass Fisher Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
A
I was working the retail counter at a very high end seafood store in a very affluent northern suburb of Chicago and a woman can in to buy salmon fillets. She asked me if they were fresh. Since I just filled them that same morning I said yes very fresh. She told me if they were not fresh she would come back and throw them in my face. I did not know it but my manager was standing right behind me. He took the wrapped fish out of her hand and told her he would not tolerate treating his employees like that and to leave the store and never come back.

I was shocked but very happy with my boss Phil for doing that. Most of our customers felt "entitled" and most were very nice but when necessary he did not put up with their attitude. .

Re: Worst customer [Re: Nickbyrd] #13446155 02/21/20 02:05 AM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Worst customer (patient) ????? Been a bunch. Two notables were both high (PCP?). One went berserk on his family while they were visiting ... jumped out of bed, ripping out IV's and catheter. Was having a meltdown on the floor. Several of went in to try and get him back in bed ... he nailed one chick in the gut with a kick, scratched several inches of meat off his GF's arm. I got too close and he got a handful of my junk. I started cussing him and and kicked to get loose while one of the trauma surgeons got behind him and choked him out. Family got mad because I screamed at him "you SOB".

The second went nuts and we called security and told them they better bring the cops (always stationed in the ER). They were up there pronto and the cop after a couple of terse commands were ignored promptly tased the dude.

When I was a relatively new nurse we had another patient barricade himself in his room, break out a window then tie sheets together and climb down 3 stories. He got to the roof of the second floor but didn't bring sheets for the last 25' to get to the ground. Fire dept came out with a ladder truck and the police corralled him.

I've got stories.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide