Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Fast boats. [Re: fishnfireman] #13444399 02/19/20 04:39 PM
C
coachallentca Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
C
Someone please buy me one.. I have been a good boy... Nice boat but man the cost of a new boat is crazy

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Fast boats. [Re: Brian Schuler] #13444427 02/19/20 05:02 PM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Brian Schuler
Originally Posted by Happykamper
I think for someone to say that an Allison is the best bass boat period is rediculous, if they were so great how come i have seen maybe a total of 5 in my lifetime ? And I am 60. I think Allison is a very unique boat, very well built, obviously not too many bass fishermen think they are the best bass boat built. Maybe they are the fastest bass boat built but not sure about that.

I haven't seen a handful of Lamborghini's in my lifetime either but it doesn't take away from it being the finest sports car ever made. Everything about that car is very unique and purpose built.
When you look at an Allison, even the seats are patented. The XB21 has over 100 patents on it alone. The running surface is 5 times thicker than your cookie cutters, and 18 times stiffer. It's 21'2" in length, with a 93" beam, the boat without any accessories or engine weighs 1400+ lbs, and is capable of getting double the fuel mileage as any other cookie cutter on the market. Plus, in the 30+ years of production, Allison has had ZERO transom failures. Yes, I am very confident in my comment the Allison is the finest bass boat made!

All I know is if it were the finest bass boat ever made there would be a lot of bass fishermen in them, and money is not a problem for a lot of fishermen. Don't know too many folks that can buy a Lamborghini but I know a lots of folks that can buy an Allison, hell you can finance one for 20 years, lol. I am sure the quality of the product takes a backseat to to no other boats.

[Linked Image]
Re: Fast boats. [Re: Happykamper] #13444629 02/19/20 07:18 PM
T
Tanner101 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
The likely reason you don't see a ton of them is they don't produce near as many. Every one they make is sold. But a ton more man hours go into their builds than others, and I'd also figure it's a smaller production setup to boot.

Re: Fast boats. [Re: fishnfireman] #13445298 02/20/20 01:20 PM
Ken A. Online Content
Groovy
Online Content
Groovy
Anytime you make a statement claiming anything is the "Best" you are sure to spark a debate. Kinda like Ford vs Chevy. roflmao

I owned a few bass rigs in my time (and 2 Lambos) and I can tell you the Allison is a fine boat. Is it the "Best" bassboat made for everybody? Probably not. Is it built with state of the art materials and attention to detail? Absolutely.

Will it outrun every other boat with the same HP on back? That is up for debate. Their fastest bass hull is an XB2002. It is 20' long and about 86" beam. I owned one and it is a terrible fishing boat. The wind blows you around like a kite and it is very tippy at rest. However it holds every world speed record in each HP class due to its efficient hull design. The boat has run 102 with a stock 200 Merc when properly set up. This hull holds the world speed record at 92 with a Merc 150 Optimax. Of course these boats are not set up to fish with troller and 3 batteries. Yes the 2002 Ally is blisteringly fast but to call this boat a BASS boat is a stretch.

Paul Nichols of Chattanooga TN holds several world speed records in a 20' center console Bullet. He set a record of 105 with a stock Merc 250 Optimax. I have owned one of them too. It is a better fishing platform than the Ally 2002 but not by much. Terrible front deck layout for fishing.

I know for a fact there are two XB21 Ally's running 103-105 with troller & light fishing loads in TX. For those of you that haven't seen their new XB21, it is a big boat. You can put their 20' boat inside it. It is deep too. It is pretty impressive that a boat that size can achieve triple digits with a stock Merc 300. It is by far & away the best fishing platform Allison has ever built. It is offered in 4 different layouts for the angler.

If you fish from a Skeeter FX21 and climb over into an Ally XB21 the first thing you will comment on is how much it moves around when you walk around in the boat. It is not even close to being as stable at rest as a Skeeter or Ranger or Phoenix. It will however be 10 mph faster with the same motor as any of the three boats mentioned. The XB21 is a super cool boat. No doubt about it. The styling is not for everybody. It doesn't have the sleek lines of the Ally XB 2002 or 2003 but it was designed to cater to the angler more than the other two.

Bottom line here is that if you drive a Chevy Tahoe every day and you crawl into a Lamborghini Gallardo you will most likely find it very different than what you're used to. You may even find it a little unsettling. I'm probably not going to throw 20 bags of mulch into my Lambo and I'm not going to make a 165 mph blast down the tollway in my Tahoe. Both are awesome for what they were designed for. Neither are best of both worlds.

Re: Fast boats. [Re: fishnfireman] #13445321 02/20/20 01:41 PM
F
fishnfireman Online Content OP
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
F
But nothing will ever be the best for everyone.

Last edited by fishnfireman; 02/20/20 01:43 PM.
Re: Fast boats. [Re: Ken A.] #13445328 02/20/20 01:45 PM
R
Ranger1 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R

Originally Posted by Ken A.
Anytime you make a statement claiming anything is the "Best" you are sure to spark a debate. Kinda like Ford vs Chevy. roflmao

I owned a few bass rigs in my time (and 2 Lambos) and I can tell you the Allison is a fine boat. Is it the "Best" bassboat made for everybody? Probably not. Is it built with state of the art materials and attention to detail? Absolutely.

Will it outrun every other boat with the same HP on back? That is up for debate. Their fastest bass hull is an XB2002. It is 20' long and about 86" beam. I owned one and it is a terrible fishing boat. The wind blows you around like a kite and it is very tippy at rest. However it holds every world speed record in each HP class due to its efficient hull design. The boat has run 102 with a stock 200 Merc when properly set up. This hull holds the world speed record at 92 with a Merc 150 Optimax. Of course these boats are not set up to fish with troller and 3 batteries. Yes the 2002 Ally is blisteringly fast but to call this boat a BASS boat is a stretch.

Paul Nichols of Chattanooga TN holds several world speed records in a 20' center console Bullet. He set a record of 105 with a stock Merc 250 Optimax. I have owned one of them too. It is a better fishing platform than the Ally 2002 but not by much. Terrible front deck layout for fishing.

I know for a fact there are two XB21 Ally's running 103-105 with troller & light fishing loads in TX. For those of you that haven't seen their new XB21, it is a big boat. You can put their 20' boat inside it. It is deep too. It is pretty impressive that a boat that size can achieve triple digits with a stock Merc 300. It is by far & away the best fishing platform Allison has ever built. It is offered in 4 different layouts for the angler.

If you fish from a Skeeter FX21 and climb over into an Ally XB21 the first thing you will comment on is how much it moves around when you walk around in the boat. It is not even close to being as stable at rest as a Skeeter or Ranger or Phoenix. It will however be 10 mph faster with the same motor as any of the three boats mentioned. The XB21 is a super cool boat. No doubt about it. The styling is not for everybody. It doesn't have the sleek lines of the Ally XB 2002 or 2003 but it was designed to cater to the angler more than the other two.

Bottom line here is that if you drive a Chevy Tahoe every day and you crawl into a Lamborghini Gallardo you will most likely find it very different than what you're used to. You may even find it a little unsettling. I'm probably not going to throw 20 bags of mulch into my Lambo and I'm not going to make a 165 mph blast down the tollway in my Tahoe. Both are awesome for what they were designed for. Neither are best of both worlds.

Man I just heard a few guys balloon just get deflated... roflmao

Re: Fast boats. [Re: fishnfireman] #13445358 02/20/20 02:22 PM
A
angleiron Offline
Angler
Angler
A
Boats are a compromise. You just can't get everything in one package.

Re: Fast boats. [Re: Ken A.] #13445383 02/20/20 02:44 PM
D
DCM1988 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
D
I'm old. I'd rather get there a little later but not fall from the front deck into the lake every time I step to the edge to land a fish!

Re: Fast boats. [Re: Ken A.] #13445408 02/20/20 02:55 PM
Walls Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

Awesome write up, Ken, thanks. Not a whole lot of folks out there with the depth of knowledge you have on either vehicles or boats.

Re: Fast boats. [Re: Ken A.] #13445479 02/20/20 03:47 PM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Ken, you been holding out on me about those Lambos.

[Linked Image]
Re: Fast boats. [Re: fishnfireman] #13446226 02/21/20 03:18 AM
Brian Schuler Offline
Angler
Angler
I have fallen out of the front of a Phoenix. I have never fallen out of my Ally. Absolutely nobody on this forum will ever burst my bubble about the quality or features of the Allison XB21 BasSport Pro. I never stated it was for everyone. Trust me it is not! Most will not like it. Most don't know how to drive it to its potential. Most have their minds made up before they ever step in it. Every co-angler that has ever been in my boat had a completely different perspective when they got out of it. Not because of the speed, but the over all performance. The speed is a byproduct of superior design, materials, and build quality. It took me years of research, talking to past and present owners, and talking to various fiberglass boat repair shops for their professional opinions before I made the leap of faith. BCB is very hard to beat in build quality and performance, but as I said in my original response it isn't even fair to compare them. My old 2013 Eyra is IMHO, still the most beautiful bass boat I have ever laid my eyes on as well.

HAWG Hunter
Semper Fi
"Catch the Dream"
2013 Allison XB21 BasSport Pro Elite
250 Mercury Sport XS
Re: Fast boats. [Re: Happykamper] #13446328 02/21/20 12:20 PM
Ken A. Online Content
Groovy
Online Content
Groovy
Originally Posted by Happykamper

Ken, you been holding out on me about those Lambos.

Buy me some red beans & rice and I'll take you for a ride! cheers

Re: Fast boats. [Re: Brian Schuler] #13446376 02/21/20 01:20 PM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Brian Schuler
I have fallen out of the front of a Phoenix. I have never fallen out of my Ally. Absolutely nobody on this forum will ever burst my bubble about the quality or features of the Allison XB21 BasSport Pro. I never stated it was for everyone. Trust me it is not! Most will not like it. Most don't know how to drive it to its potential. Most have their minds made up before they ever step in it. Every co-angler that has ever been in my boat had a completely different perspective when they got out of it. Not because of the speed, but the over all performance. The speed is a byproduct of superior design, materials, and build quality. It took me years of research, talking to past and present owners, and talking to various fiberglass boat repair shops for their professional opinions before I made the leap of faith. BCB is very hard to beat in build quality and performance, but as I said in my original response it isn't even fair to compare them. My old 2013 Eyra is IMHO, still the most beautiful bass boat I have ever laid my eyes on as well.

You should have said, " In my opinion, Allison is the best bass boat made " This way you would no of offended all of us who feel like they have the best bass boat made, lol thumb

[Linked Image]
Re: Fast boats. [Re: fishnfireman] #13446447 02/21/20 01:56 PM
Bcbbs Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
bigg motor

Re: Fast boats. [Re: Bcbbs] #13446811 02/21/20 05:41 PM
H
HasBen Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru