Print Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Re: Lake Lavon [Re: HylianPunkk] #13345407 11/18/19 02:47 AM
B
Bentman63 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
I went to the lavon dam today and did pretty much what you did. never got a bite

[Linked Image]
Re: Lake Lavon [Re: Bentman63] #13349734 11/22/19 05:35 PM
M
MrDang Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
its only good if they release a couple days before you head out there.

Re: Lake Lavon [Re: HylianPunkk] #13350054 11/22/19 10:31 PM
B
Beer Money Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
And they won't be releasing anytime soon.

Re: Lake Lavon [Re: HylianPunkk] #13364990 12/08/19 04:37 AM
O
Ocelot Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
O
Went kayak fishing out of Lavonia South this afternoon/night.
Could not find any shad around the ramp but I had some frozen small and medium shad so ok on the bait front.
Had one pole with 3 jigs spaced about a foot apart and various sizes/colors. Would fish this under the boat when cross over a school of fish or structure holding fish.
One rod with a small umbrella rig or jointed xrap trolling out to dam and back.
One rod with deep diving tail dancer trailing small rooster tail trolling to dam and back.
Got one 13+" white bass on the rooster tail on way out to dam.
Paddled along dam at a couple of different depths looking for catfish. Stopped at a coupel of different spots and put out both medium and small shad. No bites.
I saw a lot of fish from 12 - 30 feet but could not figure out how to get them to bite. Might have to try some minnows and small plastics next time.
Even though I only had the one fish, it was really nice to be back on the water again. Very light winds and mild temps made for pleasant paddling.
After dark, lake was smooth as glass with bright full moon so I did not even use my headlamp.
Hardly any fog so all the lights around the lake were reflecting on the surface.
Really peaceful and pretty night.

Re: Lake Lavon [Re: HylianPunkk] #13373441 12/15/19 07:15 PM
O
Ocelot Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
O
Went kayak fishing out of Lavonia south Saturday afternoon/evening.
Did not see many fish out and only a couple of small schools that were not near any structure.
Tried trolling spinner baits, jigs, slabs, rooster tails.
Tried minnows, shad and jigs when did find a few fish.
Not a single bite.
The few anglers I talked to had similar results.

Re: Lake Lavon [Re: HylianPunkk] #13432452 02/09/20 03:22 AM
O
Ocelot Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
O
Went kayak fishing out of Colin Point this afternoon. Decided to try fishing along the tires and then out on the lake side of the tires a ways.
Was pretty windy so was either being blown off the tires or along the tires on the windword side. Saw very few fish in the area, just a couple of singles not related to any structure. I was mainly looking for some cats so I had out cut shad on one a bit above the bottom, worm under a float on second poll and jigs tipped with crappie nibbles on another pole in case ran across some crappie.. Switched it over to jointer xrap later. Did not get a single bite today. Hadn't been out in my kayak for a while and I could tell I was a bit rusty on paddling and my fishing. Good to be out on the water though, trying to take advantage of every chance I can get which is few these days.
I did see a couple of other boats only one of which had any luck and they caught a blue on a jugline while bass fishing.

Re: Lake Lavon [Re: HylianPunkk] #13441738 02/17/20 03:05 AM
O
Ocelot Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
O
Tried kayak fishing of Colin Point again this afternoon.
Tried fishing to the east of the tires. Trolling jointed xrap behind a slab to get it down near bottom on way out and when moving around.
Also would cast all directions around boat when stopped.
Put one pole out with cut shad a little off the bottom and another with stink bait a little off the bottom.
Tried a few places I saw fish but not bites. switched xrap out for various jigs, spoon, rooster tail.
Ended up goin back to and along the tires on way back to ramp.
Not a single bite today.

Re: Lake Lavon [Re: HylianPunkk] #13442146 02/17/20 04:38 PM
B
Beaver liqour Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Last week i did some bank fishing/ balloon rigging from Tickey creek point.
Used gold fish but i got skunked. Fished from noon to four.

Born to fish.
Re: Lake Lavon [Re: HylianPunkk] #13463957 03/08/20 03:28 AM
O
Ocelot Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
O
Went kayak fishing at Colin Park this morning.
Fished the cove and started off trolling back and forth along shore and working out looking for fish but did not see any or get any bites.
Then decided to go try out various groups of trees. Used gulp worm on one rod and Cut shad on another.
Could not find fish or get a bite.
Decided to anchor off the brush line in the shallow water. Would throw the shad under a float and let slowly float down along the brush.
Was also working a rooster tail at same time all around the kayak.
Still no bites.
Finished off the day trolling back to my take out spot. Not s single bite today.
i only saw a handfull of fish on the finder and they were single not near any structure.
A little windier than I had hoped today but not strong enough to cause problems paddling.
Was a little warmer in the morning than I expected also.
No fish but good to be back on the water.

Re: Lake Lavon [Re: HylianPunkk] #13474839 03/17/20 08:32 AM
H
HumanSeine Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
Got to tell you I have fished with guys that catch a nice 4 pound fish then look at it and then announce they caught a 8. If I announce an 8 it has been put on the scale on my boat. Nothing wrong with getting excited but before folks report an 8 or 9 they should at least put it on the scale.

Re: Lake Lavon [Re: HylianPunkk] #13483578 03/23/20 03:22 AM
O
Ocelot Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
O
Lake is 8 foot high having raised 7 foot this week. Corps is not releasing any water either. All corps boat ramps are closed.
I went to Colin Park which is still open and fished back in the cove. Tried worm and studbbys under float near trees and brush line for catfish.
Tried jointed xrap, jointed minnow traiiling a plastic crappie minnow along brushline and over submerged brush. Also tried a couple different jigs over brush.
I had one bite on the stubbys but did not take the hook.
Weather was great with winds < 5mph and was dressed perfect so I did not get sweaty loading/unloading kayak and was very comfortable on the water and loading up at dusk..
Would have welcomed some fish but they were practicing social distancing.
Just a super day to be out on the water.

Hope everyone is staying safe, would hate to have some of my online friends get this horrible virus.

Re: Lake Lavon [Re: HylianPunkk] #13493674 03/30/20 03:20 AM
O
Ocelot Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
O
Lake is up probably another 2 foot from last week even though the corps says the same level.
Went back to Colin Park to do some catfishing today. One rod with stubbys, one with shad and one with worm.
Worked trees moving after 5-10 minutes to new spot. Managed oen 16' catfish on the stubbys and probably some small perch pecking on the worm.
After 4 1/2 hours decided to go explore a bit and troll with jointed xrap. Managed to catch one white bass over 14" and kept moving around. When I caught the second I heard the splasging in the water as bass were hitting minnows on the surface. Threw beyond them and managed to catch 16 white bass all 12-15' in under an hour. Catching a nice white bass on lite gear in just a few casts was a blast. Great way to end a long spell with no fish and a beautiful day on the water.

Lots of people out at Coillin Park today just getting outdoors where they are not near anyone.
Saw a couple families out with the kids fishing for perch from the shore.
They all managed to catch a few.

Re: Lake Lavon [Re: HylianPunkk] #13496511 03/31/20 10:13 PM
W
wyliepirate Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
Nice. Waiting for all the ramps to open back up, thanks for the report.

โ€œ That ainโ€™t rubber, chief. โ€œ
Re: Lake Lavon [Re: HylianPunkk] #13497285 04/01/20 02:50 PM
D
Dyermaker504 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
D
I guess I'll start contributing to give back everything I take form here smirk Went out Sunday from noon-6p and launched my kayak from east bank at the Lucas Rd bridge, and went up into White Rock creek. Didn't really plan on catching fish just wanted to get the yak out for the first time of 2020 and weather was choice. Saw a couple other kayaks and people fishing the bank. Fish were being caught at the bridge near columns 2-4, but I just wanted to check out the creek. Caught sandies in the creek on 3" paddle tail. Lake is still flooded so lots of action deep in cover, but still saw action in the middle. Saw 3 boats in the creek reporting mixed results. Couldn't verify any crappie were there, but sandies were definitely feeding all over that creek.

Next time I get out I'll take the electronics, just bought a Helix 7 G2 that was on sale at Bass Pro.

Re: Lake Lavon [Re: HylianPunkk] #13504338 04/06/20 03:17 AM
O
Ocelot Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
O
Went back to Colin Park again. Baed on high water mark from last week, water was down 2.5-43 ft from last Sunday.
Water was flat so worked along brushlines with jointed xrap and keeping eye out for any activity on the water.
Threw over any activity I saw and brought back through but only had 2 small white bass today one right at start and one almostat end.
Tried some catfishing around several trees and along one shore line just outside of brushline. Not only could I not find any cats on my finder, I could not get a bite either. Still good to be out on the water.

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide