texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,896
Posts13,954,968
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Re: you read it here first... [Re: grout-scout] #13441294 02/16/20 03:09 PM
D
Dan21XRS Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Hey Beartrap, what is your son’s name? It’s obvious that he is one of the bpt anglers.

I seem to remember a guy from the old BFHP (Bass Fishing Home Page) days with the moniker "beartrap" who was from the Great State of Georgia... Moultrie, Georgia to be exact... Which is sorta kinda southwest georgia USA... Hmmmmmm... His son was J Todd Tucker who was fishing the BASS Elite series at the time... And now fishes the FLW's Tackle Warehouse Pro Circuit... Hmmmmmm... Maybe just a coincidence???... Dan who_knows

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: you read it here first... [Re: Dan21XRS] #13441322 02/16/20 03:37 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Dan21XRS
Hey Beartrap, what is your son’s name? It’s obvious that he is one of the bpt anglers.

I seem to remember a guy from the old BFHP (Bass Fishing Home Page) days with the moniker "beartrap" who was from the Great State of Georgia... Moultrie, Georgia to be exact... Which is sorta kinda southwest georgia USA... Hmmmmmm... His son was J Todd Tucker who was fishing the BASS Elite series at the time... And now fishes the FLW's Tackle Warehouse Pro Circuit... Hmmmmmm... Maybe just a coincidence???... Dan who_knows

Sure makes you wonder why he would keep lying about it???

Re: you read it here first... [Re: Dan21XRS] #13441326 02/16/20 03:41 PM
B
beartrap Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Dan21XRS

you are thinking of Butch tucker who lives in Moultrie,Ga. whose son is J.Todd Tucker and fished BASS for several years and has fished FLW past few years...Butch was also regular contributor to BFHP...
my handle was Beartrap on old BFHP and I live in Albany,Ga.I pretty much retired from fishing tournaments several years ago (young guys were whipping me on regular basis)….

Re: you read it here first... [Re: beartrap] #13441347 02/16/20 04:38 PM
D
Dan21XRS Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Getting olds a b!tch... Thanks for the refresher... Dan

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: you read it here first... [Re: emorydog] #13441610 02/17/20 12:09 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by emorydog
Big Zero is like a bad case of diarrhea. You wish it would go away and you know it will eventually, but it’s just going to take some time. Haha.....

Fact is Elites were the cream of the crop hands down no questions asked in the fishing realm. Then a great majority left because someone found a way to have a free entry, chance for TV money to enter the arena, different daily tournament schedule, a different format where everyone knows the score during the entire tournament, and includes catch and release among other fresh ideas.

The Elites are no doubt the new XFL and Bass had to scramble to reformat entries and try to save face after they sh!t on the anglers for years, if the original Elite group as a whole were satisfied, they would not have left, it’s really pretty simple. They will probably be around in a few years, but I’m sure they are not innovative enough to make it marketable for TV,and thus will never be a mainstream format as it is. It’s a snoozer now for sure.

They had the highest level fishing tournament world all to themselves for years, and couldn’t get much more at the weigh in(excluding Classic) than all the elites families and their local friends, tournament staff and their families and local friends, those waiting for a check, and a handful of fishing groupies, some vendors and their families, the sponsors and their families, a few DB’s like yourself, basically equating to a few hundred attendees traveling like a pod to each tournament, most already targeted, and not gaining much in NEW interest. People not showing up to events not primarily designed for a crowd seems like it is working perfect. The bass weigh ins are generally a beating unless you are broke and need something free to do or the locals are stuck all day with the grandkids and need to fill a few hours until their parent come get them, they are perfect for an elite weigh in. Another 15 years and those 7yr old kids attending that magnificent weigh in might buy something they saw at the event, marketing genius.

You are obviously a dem, as in lieu of letting the market work itself out everyone chugs along selling their wares, some winners and some losers, you must disparage others to attempt to force your less than appealing second rate product on others. A superior product doesn’t need that tactic and crystal clear why you feel the need to do so. You are a simple shill for BASS and that’s fine... but don’t infer you aren’t. You are the clickfarm.

I had posted a new thread yesterday that would have adequately addressed or refuted much of what you say above, which showed a video from a year ago of those who are now on the outside looking in and are quickly being forgotten about; but that post must have hit a nerve with someone that runs this joint because the whole thread was deleted after thee had already been multiple posts to it. So, it’s obvious there are some here that are very sensitive to the critical truth being put out there. I presume they are trying to protect the feelings of someone or something, who knows... but censorship is never a good thing. I can’t help but notice, the personal insults directed towards me are never censored, so I presume it’s one of those MLF protectionist deals, which they probably pay for censorship just like they probably do for views to their online content.

Re: you read it here first... [Re: beartrap] #13441619 02/17/20 12:21 AM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Bye bye Warren

Re: you read it here first... [Re: beartrap] #13441622 02/17/20 12:23 AM
senko9S Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
MLF pays for mine, theen my baseball?

Re: you read it here first... [Re: Big O Florida] #13441633 02/17/20 12:41 AM
9094 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
If an athlete in other types of professional sports makes revenue off of social media, endorsements, etc..., that’s in leu of their salary which is much much higher than what earnings are for pro fisherman. The reason other professional sports figures are paid so much money is because they’re being compensated for the amount of revenue brought in to the team owners by TV and other merchandise. Sporting leagues have gone on strike in years past because greedy owners didn’t want to pay accordingly. PGA purses are much higher because of the TV revenue the tour operator brings in. Why should fisherman settle for less if what they are doing is making the tour operators loads of money on TV? Since MLF boasts having the “best professional fisherman” in the world, why aren’t they being compensated as such. $100k winnings for first is about a 10th of what a PGA pro would earn for winning a tournament. Why is that?

Are you saying that professional sports figure that makes say, 1,000,000 a year on contract has what he makes from outside indorsmental
Deducts from his 1,000,000 contract salary? That would be in lieu of?

Re: you read it here first... [Re: 9094] #13441652 02/17/20 01:00 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by 9094
If an athlete in other types of professional sports makes revenue off of social media, endorsements, etc..., that’s in leu of their salary which is much much higher than what earnings are for pro fisherman. The reason other professional sports figures are paid so much money is because they’re being compensated for the amount of revenue brought in to the team owners by TV and other merchandise. Sporting leagues have gone on strike in years past because greedy owners didn’t want to pay accordingly. PGA purses are much higher because of the TV revenue the tour operator brings in. Why should fisherman settle for less if what they are doing is making the tour operators loads of money on TV? Since MLF boasts having the “best professional fisherman” in the world, why aren’t they being compensated as such. $100k winnings for first is about a 10th of what a PGA pro would earn for winning a tournament. Why is that?

Are you saying that professional sports figure that makes say, 1,000,000 a year on contract has what he makes from outside indorsmental

I missed the word “not” after that’s... it was a typo and happens on a phone more times than I like. Going back to edit Is sometimes hard depending on length of reply thread as my typed texts is too far down and won’t scroll to it.

Re: you read it here first... [Re: beartrap] #13441657 02/17/20 01:09 AM
B
beartrap Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
did a google search and came up with an estimated 24 million people play golf in this country and assuming only half of them watch golf on TV,that's till 12 million that watch the masters,U.S.Open etc...even if it is only half that number, it still dwarfs the audience for bass fishing...
and that is your answer as to why golfers earn far more than professional fishermen........
high school and college tournament fishing is growing,whether that will translate into a bigger audience and participants for tournament fishing remains to be seen...

Re: you read it here first... [Re: Big O Florida] #13441668 02/17/20 01:28 AM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by 9094

I missed the word “not” after that’s... it was a typo and happens on a phone more times than I like. Going back to edit Is sometimes hard depending on length of reply thread as my typed texts is too far down and won’t scroll to it.

Maybe your dog buried your baseball. Go look in the yard

Re: you read it here first... [Re: beartrap] #13441761 02/17/20 03:39 AM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by beartrap
did a google search and came up with an estimated 24 million people play golf in this country and assuming only half of them watch golf on TV,that's till 12 million that watch the masters,U.S.Open etc...even if it is only half that number, it still dwarfs the audience for bass fishing...
and that is your answer as to why golfers earn far more than professional fishermen........
high school and college tournament fishing is growing,whether that will translate into a bigger audience and participants for tournament fishing remains to be seen...

An average of 13 million television viewers watched CBS' broadcast of the final round, making it the most-watched final round at the Masters since 2015 when 14.2 million viewers tuned in. Sunday's broadcast pulled in an 8.7 rating and 18 share, a 14% increase over 2017.Apr 9, 2018

The Premier League is the most-watched sports league in the world, broadcast in 212 territories to 643 million homes and a potential TV audience of 4.7 billion people.

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: you read it here first... [Re: Dubee] #13441794 02/17/20 04:48 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Dubee

Maybe your dog buried your baseball. Go look in the yard

You seem to inject yourself and blurt out totally unrelated noise and are distracting in just about every thread I’ve been a part of. I am not sure that’s on purpose and you’re looking to be disruptive and are seeking attention, or it’s something out of your control due to some sort of neurological or personality disorder.

Back when I was in school, I, as I am confident many others were taught, that we were to be patient, compassionate, and empathetic to our peers that may be inflicted with some sort of condition where they uncontrollably would make noises, sounds, or comments during class time. We were taught that often times the people who did this were not in control of their own reflexes and they might not even know they were doing something that was disruptive to the class. We were always taught to not tease or make fun of those who were displaying that type of behavior.

Are you someone who has been diagnosed with a neurological or other disorder that manifests itself in that way, Dubee?

On the other hand, there was always a couple of people in the schools, and we all experienced them, where they would sit in the back of class and purposely make noise or create other ways to be disruptive while people were trying to listen or study, etc.. and they were doing it for the sole purpose to try and get others to turn around and give them attention; good or bad. Of course those are the ones that were never bright enough to figure out people were not laughing with them, but at them.

I always like to give people the benefit of the doubt in this type of situation so I figured I needed to ask. If you have an issue that your not in control of Dubee, it’s alright... most people should understand that’s why you do what you are doing.

Otherwise, you may be the type of a person to just be ignored completely.

Re: you read it here first... [Re: Big O Florida] #13441811 02/17/20 05:22 AM
TwoLakes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Big Zero is like a bad case of diarrhea. You wish it would go away and you know it will eventually, but it’s just going to take some time. Haha.....

Fact is Elites were the cream of the crop hands down no questions asked in the fishing realm. Then a great majority left because someone found a way to have a free entry, chance for TV money to enter the arena, different daily tournament schedule, a different format where everyone knows the score during the entire tournament, and includes catch and release among other fresh ideas.

The Elites are no doubt the new XFL and Bass had to scramble to reformat entries and try to save face after they sh!t on the anglers for years, if the original Elite group as a whole were satisfied, they would not have left, it’s really pretty simple. They will probably be around in a few years, but I’m sure they are not innovative enough to make it marketable for TV,and thus will never be a mainstream format as it is. It’s a snoozer now for sure.

They had the highest level fishing tournament world all to themselves for years, and couldn’t get much more at the weigh in(excluding Classic) than all the elites families and their local friends, tournament staff and their families and local friends, those waiting for a check, and a handful of fishing groupies, some vendors and their families, the sponsors and their families, a few DB’s like yourself, basically equating to a few hundred attendees traveling like a pod to each tournament, most already targeted, and not gaining much in NEW interest. People not showing up to events not primarily designed for a crowd seems like it is working perfect. The bass weigh ins are generally a beating unless you are broke and need something free to do or the locals are stuck all day with the grandkids and need to fill a few hours until their parent come get them, they are perfect for an elite weigh in. Another 15 years and those 7yr old kids attending that magnificent weigh in might buy something they saw at the event, marketing genius.

You are obviously a dem, as in lieu of letting the market work itself out everyone chugs along selling their wares, some winners and some losers, you must disparage others to attempt to force your less than appealing second rate product on others. A superior product doesn’t need that tactic and crystal clear why you feel the need to do so. You are a simple shill for BASS and that’s fine... but don’t infer you aren’t. You are the clickfarm.

I had posted a new thread yesterday that would have adequately addressed or refuted much of what you say above, which showed a video from a year ago of those who are now on the outside looking in and are quickly being forgotten about; but that post must have hit a nerve with someone that runs this joint because the whole thread was deleted after thee had already been multiple posts to it. So, it’s obvious there are some here that are very sensitive to the critical truth being put out there. I presume they are trying to protect the feelings of someone or something, who knows... but censorship is never a good thing. I can’t help but notice, the personal insults directed towards me are never censored, so I presume it’s one of those MLF protectionist deals, which they probably pay for censorship just like they probably do for views to their online content.

I had to call my source to get this information. He was able to find out that MLF has never paid any click farms to artificially inflate their numbers. All of the clicks have been authenticated by the FBI: Cyber Click Authentication Division (CCAD). He was also able to get the numbers for BASS and found out that 37% of their reported numbers originated from ASIA. There is strong speculation within the CCAD that BASS is being forced to inflate their viewer numbers due to losing all of their big name fishermen to MLF.

Re: you read it here first... [Re: TwoLakes] #13441829 02/17/20 10:37 AM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted by TwoLakes

I had to call my source to get this information. He was able to find out that MLF has never paid any click farms to artificially inflate their numbers. All of the clicks have been authenticated by the FBI: Cyber Click Authentication Division (CCAD). He was also able to get the numbers for BASS and found out that 37% of their reported numbers originated from ASIA. There is strong speculation within the CCAD that BASS is being forced to inflate their viewer numbers due to losing all of their big name fishermen to MLF.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide