Page 1 of 2 1 2
DRONE AND BOAT HACKS - NEED IDEAS #13439921 02/14/20 09:17 PM
B
Blue Moon Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
For a fun hackathon project a while back I outfitted one of my drones with a wireless weapon payload designed for drone war skyjack missions. Flying is fun, but flying off with someone else's drone is even more fun...

Most of my time is split on a couple of different lakes. One day after watching a couple of flat billed, jersey clad fishermen fight to fish the same spot on a relatively empty lake, I realized that some just might find it entertaining if they could use my drone hack to interact with fish finders and autonomous trolling motors…

For the drone hack a Raspberry Pi Zero W with a small wireless network adapter is ideal for keeping the aerial package lightweight. The primary drone feature sends a deauth attack signal that disconnects the target drone from Wi-Fi and reconnects it to the attacker’s flight controller. It’s simple and effective.

The fish finder and autonomous trolling motor attack payloads can be configured in an aerial package for long range stealth flight fun or in various handheld wardrive packages that can be concealed in your boat or outfitted to work from your dock or lakeside porch. This will allow dock owners to finally have a fun way to interact with someone thoughtlessly banging lures or their boat off your dock.

The features are currently limited so I'm reaching out to the tribe for suggestions. Currently the fish finder hack will disable wireless networked devices and GPS, download, erase or update waypoints, and in some cases allow you to send a special message to the device’s display.

I’m working on a few standard messages to send to display screens but wanted to ask the OT for suggestions for a few more. So far it will send the following messages:

• MOVE ON - NO FISH HERE
  • NO WAKE A$$HOLE
  • YES - YOU’RE TOO CLOSE
  • CAUGHT YOU CHEATING
  • YOU’RE DOING IT WRONG
  • YOUR WIFE SAYS GO HOME
  • I’M BROKEN - CALL TECH SUPPORT
  • SHUT UP AND FISH SOMEWHERE ELSE
  • GIVE UP AND GO HOME
  • NO FISHING ZONE
  • ELECTRONIC FREE ZONE
  • CUSTOM SUBSCRIBE BUTTON
  • DISQUALIFIED - RETURN TO RAMP
  • YOUR WRAPPED TUNDRA IS OUT OF GAS
  • YOUR FLAT BILL LOOKS STUPID
  • I'M GOING TO HACK YOUR CYBERTRUCK
  • PRIVATE DOCK - MOVE ON

The autonomous trolling motor package works similar to the drone skyjack package as it allows the attacker the ability to take control of the autopilot feature, plus it allows you to download, erase or update waypoints. It's fun to move someone's boat for them while they are on your dock retrieving a lure. Any thoughts on other features it needs?

BTW, I’m working on something similar that will allow messages to be sent to display screens in nearby vehicles. Since the spring spawn is just around the corner please send your suggestions ASAP so I can wrap up the fish finder/trolling motor project.

Tight lines ~

Blue Moon

Re: DRONE AND BOAT HACKS - NEED IDEAS [Re: Blue Moon] #13439926 02/14/20 09:25 PM
hopalong Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Online Confused
Pescador Loco
probably should check into fcc law on what you propose, won't be that hard for a gw to catch you and the feds don't play well with us poor folk.

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: DRONE AND BOAT HACKS - NEED IDEAS [Re: Blue Moon] #13439937 02/14/20 09:39 PM
TexDawg Online Content
Top Dawg
Online Content
Top Dawg
What’s happening here noidea

Re: DRONE AND BOAT HACKS - NEED IDEAS [Re: Blue Moon] #13439938 02/14/20 09:39 PM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN
From a drone, Ultrex full power left then right then left then right. Video the guy on the front deck.

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: DRONE AND BOAT HACKS - NEED IDEAS [Re: John175☮] #13439945 02/14/20 09:44 PM
B
Blue Moon Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by John175☮
From a drone, Ultrex full power left then right then left then right. Video the guy on the front deck.

Awesome! Added plus I'll add video capabilities to the flight package to monitor and maybe livestream reactions.

Re: DRONE AND BOAT HACKS - NEED IDEAS [Re: Blue Moon] #13439951 02/14/20 09:49 PM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN
roflmao

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: DRONE AND BOAT HACKS - NEED IDEAS [Re: Blue Moon] #13439999 02/14/20 10:49 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
Distracting a boater/fisherman with a running motor or controlling someone’s boat that you don’t have insurance on; what could go wrong?

[Linked Image]
Re: DRONE AND BOAT HACKS - NEED IDEAS [Re: Blue Moon] #13440005 02/14/20 10:54 PM
T
Techfisher Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
WE REALLY HAVE BEN WATCHING YOU HUMAN

Re: DRONE AND BOAT HACKS - NEED IDEAS [Re: Blue Moon] #13440053 02/14/20 11:49 PM
hopalong Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Online Confused
Pescador Loco
not a good idea imo.

I just spent some serious (to me) money upgrading a new to me boat, start jacking with my electronics and we will have words at a minimum.

way too much krap could go wrong, screen won't come back, waypoints lost would be a major pizz off,

and drones make great targets.

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: DRONE AND BOAT HACKS - NEED IDEAS [Re: Techfisher] #13440755 02/15/20 08:18 PM
B
Blue Moon Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Techfisher
HUMAN - WE'RE WATCHING YOU!

Thanks! Added to the list

Re: DRONE AND BOAT HACKS - NEED IDEAS [Re: hopalong] #13440765 02/15/20 08:26 PM
B
Blue Moon Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by hopalong
not a good idea imo.

I just spent some serious (to me) money upgrading a new to me boat, start jacking with my electronics and we will have words at a minimum.

way too much krap could go wrong, screen won't come back, waypoints lost would be a major pizz off,

and drones make great targets.

Hop as always thanks for your sage advice. I realize from your post that our core offering is going to open the door for a cybersecurity focused service. Thanks to you, we'll offer protection from rogue actors that could potentially misuse our platform. I’ve added the service offering to the master plan. Thanks again for the inspiration! Please feel free to update your LinkedIn profile and let everyone know you’re a valuable contributing member of a stealth startup's Advisory Board…

Re: DRONE AND BOAT HACKS - NEED IDEAS [Re: Blue Moon] #13440786 02/15/20 08:55 PM
B
Blue Moon Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
February 15 Update:

Good news - After a wild night of Valentine’s fun we somehow managed to launch and recover one of our UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle), along with a manned fixed wing aircraft this morning that I’m sure many of you noticed flying low and slow over your favorite honeyholes. We accomplished the mission’s goal by collecting sonar, mobile and GoPro data from well over 1,000 targets fishing on Athens and Fork.

We’re in the process of analysing the data. One of the next steps will be to cobble it together with readily available aggregated mobile and social data. This process will allow us to associate known users with the newly acquired boat sonar, mobile and video data. Once we have the match, all future data gathered for each specific target and associated devices will be combined to build a more comprehensive user profile.

Flight missions will resume tomorrow. The initial results are very encouraging so we’ve decided to expand the scope of the project.

In the near future we’ll be offering fast internet with global coverage, for a low cost so you can connect, sync, store, and share all your personal and device data.

The following subscription based platform services will include:

• Monitor specific lakes for hotspots based on real time data
  • Download your favorite pro’s honeyhole waypoint data
  • Monitor ramp parking real time to find the best place to launch
  • Interact and monitor any connected boat on the water from any location in the world
  • Monitor your lake house and interact with anyone fishing near or accessing your dock
  • Watch streaming video of anyone on the water with an active GoPro or wireless camera
  • Download your favorite pro’s internet browsing history and contact info - Find out who Big O really is!!!
  • Download boat lanes for your favorite lake
  • More to come!

PROSTAFF UPDATE - We’ll soon add to our prostaff. We need wardrive volunteers to help capture device and digital information at major tournaments and area boat ramps. No experience is needed. Just a willingness to carry one of our fully automated wardrive devices along for the ride when you go fishing.

Lake home owners and lake front businesses can join our prostaff network by deploying small dock sensors and beacons that will automatically interrogate and upload data to our platform from nearby wireless devices.

Looking at our roadmap, we expect to offer the additional following services:

• Digital Tournament Experience - since we’re building the platform that will eventually connect and collect all boat device traffic, we’ll be able to create a much better digital experience for fishermen and fans.
  • Catching Analytics - Find out what lure and technique is actually catching fish. Our real time data will show what is actually working and what’s not.
  • Ramp Monitoring - Since we’ll be monitoring the lakes we’ll also have smart device metadata on everyone that enters a parking lot. We’ll be able to provide GPS coordinates to help you hunt down anyone that messed with your stuff!
  • CyberSecurity - We’ll provide services to protect your honeyhole waypoint information, autopilot, video streams and browser history from being scraped and exploited by bad actors. This is a real 2020 thing you just read about on your favorite forum, but no need to worry, for a small monthly fee you can fish with peace of mind…

Again thanks for all the feedback. Please keep the suggestions coming!

Blue Moon

Re: DRONE AND BOAT HACKS - NEED IDEAS [Re: Blue Moon] #13440792 02/15/20 09:11 PM
O
OTFF Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
O
BS Alert!

Luke 6:22-23

22 Blessed are you when people hate you,
when they exclude you, insult you,
and slander your name as evil
because of the Son of Man.

23 Rejoice in that day and leap for joy. Take note—your reward is great in heaven, for this is the way their ancestors used to treat the prophets.
Re: DRONE AND BOAT HACKS - NEED IDEAS [Re: Blue Moon] #13440795 02/15/20 09:16 PM
SteveHummert Online Content
pawpaw
Online Content
pawpaw
roflmao

Backlash

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

Re: DRONE AND BOAT HACKS - NEED IDEAS [Re: Blue Moon] #13440802 02/15/20 09:33 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
No thanks. The less I know about Big O the better.

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide