Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: Big O Florida] #13439929 02/14/20 09:28 PM
TwoLakes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Originally Posted by TwoLakes
You are funny.

I built my first VPN server in 1997. Started building proxy servers around 1999.

A VPN only encrypts the packet payload. The IP address has to remain visible so the routers between the two endpoints can pass the traffic back and forth. Proxy servers can be utilized to mask your location, but there are tactics in place to identify that type of traffic as well.

They look for data anomalies to prevent click fraud. There is an entire industry being built around preventing click fraud.

This is the standard black hat/white hat battle that rages on. Call it cops and robbers.

You can bet your paycheck that the advertisers are aware of this activity and have strategies in place to ensure they aren't wasting budget on fraudulent clicks.

Say an executive at Toyota decides to spend 30 minutes googling click fraud like you have done and come across this discussion. They see Big O has figured out that 1/3 of the data MLF is presenting to them is fraudulent. They simply go back to MLF and let them know they're only going to pay for 66.666% of the clicks because Big O has determined that 33.333% of the clicks are being generated by MLF hiring illegal click farms in Ethiopia to inflate the veiwer numbers.

Ok I’m an technology illiterate moron; but......do you remember when Duckett came out and said they had something like 1 millions hits on their very first tournament broadcast? They are counting every one every time it’s refreshed, no way they aren’t.

And who knows, BASS might do the same thing.

And if you listen to B Duckett or his marketing shills, that million views of their first tournament was because MLF was popular and very well known. No, they likely paid for the vast majority of that view count, by you guessed it, click farms based somewhere in Asia. They then go and put that viewership data in pitch decks and go around and tout that million viewers to sponsors and advertisers to try and sell them advertising space. The views were obtained by fraud, and the data being used to sell advertising space is a fraud.

At least the guy you’re replying to now acknowledges there long has been and there is indeed still a problem with fraud... and it’s widespread. Otherwise there wouldn’t be a whole sub-industry being built to battle it. His initial post seemed to indicate click fraud was easily eradicated because people could tell who was who by IP addresses or some dumb sh!t - here is a hint, those click farms making billions for themselves and their shyster customers per year aren’t making that by being stupid and not masking every click so not to look like they all come from the same sweatshop in a Chinese province.

My bet is they designed the clicks/views to come right from the same geographic location the advertisers they court are trying to impact the most.

There is no doubt that it's possible to increase click count data in a number of ways. The big problem with your argument is you believe MLF is able to use that fraudulent data to increase their revenue by tricking dumb company executives. That is total nonsense. EVERYONE on the planet does the exact same thing. BASS or FLW will use the same flawed data to sell their product. EVERYONE is on the same playing field. What makes you believe BASS sponsors are smart and MLF sponsors are dumb? These type of statements completely ruin any credibility you have because you pick a well known issue and act like MLF has figured out a new way to trick sponsors. How do you know the clicks came from Asia? How do you know they were inflated? You are making this stuff up as you go.

Edit: I wanted to add a point to be clear. I wasn't saying it's possible to easily eradicate click fraud, but it's something that can be very much minimized. It just takes someone tracking all these VPN servers and Proxy Servers and compiling a block list. Probably already available, but I'm not going to take the time to look it up. Amazon already blocks my content if I try to use a VPN service to access their programming. They are fully aware the content is coming through a VPN. The reason they won't serve me content is because a VPN is not necessary if you are a paying subscriber. Proxy servers are in the same boat, there can only be so many and companies like Amazon keep track of that information. MLF is not getting rich by tricking executives using elevated viewer information.

Last edited by TwoLakes; 02/14/20 10:16 PM.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: slim 285] #13439968 02/14/20 10:03 PM
C
CashFishingTeam Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
I just wanted to be the first to say Happy Valentines Big O!!❤️❤️❤️ smile

Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: CashFishingTeam] #13440098 02/15/20 12:54 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by CashFishingTeam

He’s the man that woke up the bass fishing section! Keep up the good job Big O’! cheers

Out of curiosity, has anyone found it humorous how all these guys on the Internet are saying how much better the BPT was with the 2lb minimum...but ”we love the every fish format, we don’t care about big fish”..... roflmao

Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: grout-scout] #13440160 02/15/20 01:43 AM
Minner Bucket Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity

He’s the man that woke up the bass fishing section! Keep up the good job Big O’! cheers

Out of curiosity, has anyone found it humorous how all these guys on the Internet are saying how much better the BPT was with the 2lb minimum...but ”we love the every fish format, we don’t care about big fish”..... roflmao

#mo bigger little fish

Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: Big O Florida] #13440184 02/15/20 02:00 AM
361V Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
[/quote
Anyone who’s been paying attention will now realize those numbers are very likely highly inflated and by a significant amount

“very likely”....well there’s some scientific evidence! laugh

Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: Minner Bucket] #13440185 02/15/20 02:01 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Minner Bucket

#mo bigger little fish

RIGHT! roflmao

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: slim 285] #13440227 02/15/20 02:34 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Some people enjoy the race style fishing, which MLF brings. Not a big deal.

[Linked Image]
Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: Minner Bucket] #13440267 02/15/20 03:25 AM
G
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Minner Bucket

#mo bigger little fish

roflmao Nailed it!

Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: slim 285] #13440324 02/15/20 04:32 AM
slim 285 Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Are we still talking about the anticlimactic endings to the stages ?

Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: TwoLakes] #13440327 02/15/20 04:42 AM
J
junk baits Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
All I got to say about this is some of you would make outstanding dickation takers / old school secretaries! Lots of telling your side of the story!! wow.!! type type type . ( FYI--- It is a fishing show )

GO FISH!
Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: slim 285] #13440347 02/15/20 05:10 AM
G
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by slim 285
Are we still talking about the anticlimactic endings to the stages ?

Yes! No! Who can remember the original question with all the back & forth banter?

Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: slim 285] #13440402 02/15/20 11:41 AM
F
Fishspanker Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
I tried to watch and like it. Just doesn’t interest me much. I follow BASS way more closely.

The Sheep who only fears the Wolf is eaten by the Shepherd.
Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: J.H.S.] #13440581 02/15/20 03:53 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Josh Seale
When your only argument is "well he won't tell us who he is". You got nothing. Also, I don't know that MJ is actually connected to anything. If he was, he probably wouldn't be getting into a pissing match with Big O on a public forum. If I was his employer I would tell him to stay off the forum and refrain from actually posting anything. So I am not convinced he is as close as he says. Also, go back and read most of Big O's posts. They are all well typed and free of grammatical errors (for the most part). I am not commenting on the accuracies or inaccuracies of facts because as far as I am concerned everything posted on here is more opinion than actual fact. I am simply stating that all his arguments are very clear and concise. The mlf cronies are accusing him of being factually incorrect, however none of them can actually prove he is, or that what they say isn't. The sole argument I am seeing from any of you is "well at least so so will tell us who they are". Big deal! Who cares what his name is. If a name is so important then let's call him John Smith. Both sides are very passionate, however only one side seems to be getting thrashed for their beliefs. Unless you have proof to your facts, you can't bash Big O (John Smith). And as far as I am concerned, none of you are as big a deal in real life as you are in your own minds.

Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: TDR2] #13440588 02/15/20 03:57 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by TdRoss

Screen captured for historical reference.

This made me chuckle, well played my friend.

Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: slim 285] #13440627 02/15/20 04:57 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
popcorn

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread