Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: Statton48] #13439055 02/14/20 02:55 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Statton48
I’m by far picking any side on this, but Big-O makes a decent point on the click farm theory. Again, not disputing or anything like that.... I’m just reading and it caught my eye.

Also agree with the OP.... it’s fun to watch but the end is boring as [censored]. I for one actually enjoy watching the stage more than the T.V. But I do watch it all, but fallow BASS more closely.

There is no theory behind it, the click farm industry is huge, and the primary customers of such are the shysters who manage/sell advertising/sponsor space to companies that have a brand they are trying to promote.

At least with BASS, a lot of the purported value they provide to advertisers can be measured through attendance levels at events, membership numbers, and print magazines subscriptions, real TV numbers - along with the digital online content. MLF, they are mostly digital/online and the likelihood that there is manipulation of those same metrics/numbers is indisputable.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: slim 285] #13439058 02/14/20 02:59 AM
slim 285 Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
The fabricated numbers by people that get some of there income from MLF , BPS are skeptical to me .

I watched some of the last day of what ever they call that part of the game of stage one . And to me it was just anticlimactic. Sure there was some excitement in watching Wheeler put a smack down on everybody else. But once he was several pounds in the lead the drama was gone .

Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: slim 285] #13439070 02/14/20 03:07 AM
D
d Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
I thought the interviews, strategy, lures and tackle info was great never during the live coverage

Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: slim 285] #13439075 02/14/20 03:12 AM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by slim 285
The fabricated numbers by people that get some of there income from MLF , BPS are skeptical to me .

I watched some of the last day of what ever they call that part of the game of stage one . And to me it was just anticlimactic. Sure there was some excitement in watching Wheeler put a smack down on everybody else. But once he was several pounds in the lead the drama was gone .

I personally don't care at all if you are skeptical and it's fine. It doesn't change anything and the numbers are what they are. I think that's where you guys get confused. I'm not selling you anything, if you don't believe that it's 100% ok.

cheers

Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: slim 285] #13439093 02/14/20 03:23 AM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Mark does it count as a view each time the user has to refresh their screen because it has locked up? I'm not getting any lock ups on their FLW live or BASS Live. Still doing it quit a bit on the BPT live.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: Big O Florida] #13439103 02/14/20 03:30 AM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
I’m by far picking any side on this, but Big-O makes a decent point on the click farm theory. Again, not disputing or anything like that.... I’m just reading and it caught my eye.

Also agree with the OP.... it’s fun to watch but the end is boring as [censored]. I for one actually enjoy watching the stage more than the T.V. But I do watch it all, but fallow BASS more closely.

There is no theory behind it, the click farm industry is huge, and the primary customers of such are the shysters who manage/sell advertising/sponsor space to companies that have a brand they are trying to promote.

At least with BASS, a lot of the purported value they provide to advertisers can be measured through attendance levels at events, membership numbers, and print magazines subscriptions, real TV numbers - along with the digital online content. MLF, they are mostly digital/online and the likelihood that there is manipulation of those same metrics/numbers is indisputable.

There are ways to target consumers. Without evidence of it happening specifically by MLF, it is nothing more than conjecture and is very disputable.

[Linked Image]
Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: Chris B] #13439119 02/14/20 03:45 AM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Chris B
Mark does it count as a view each time the user has to refresh their screen because it has locked up? I'm not getting any lock ups on their FLW live or BASS Live. Still doing it quit a bit on the BPT live.

No, click events (refresh) are not what they're reporting on.

Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13439140 02/14/20 04:14 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

There are ways to target consumers. Without evidence of it happening specifically by MLF, it is nothing more than conjecture and is very disputable.

Ah, therein lies the rub... without evidence. But just because physical evidence can’t be obtained, that doesn’t make it disputable.

There is a reason why these click farms are located where they are and so profitable; and it’s not just for the low cost labor force. They are where they are because there are little to no regulations and enforcement. Even when entities such as Apple, Google, Amazon, etc... obtain what they say is certain strong evidence, they can’t get cooperation and enforcement at the local jurisdiction level. Of course, all those entities are also in the business of selling advertising space, so it’s not really in their best interest to enforce or crack down on something that’s generating millions a day in revenue for them.

It’s the dirty little secret no one wants to do anything about, because the biggest of all the players are benefitting from it themselves.

Sponsors and advertisers are more likely to see more accurate metrics by putting more of their sponsor and ad spends where things can actually be measured accurately and having less chances for fraud to be perpetrated, because the stuff in the digital realm has a prolific problem with fraud and those who sell/manage advertising space aren’t doing anything to help better detect and alleviate the well known problem.

Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: slim 285] #13439156 02/14/20 04:37 AM
C
CashFishingTeam Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Dang I’m slow. Took you saying click farms before I even registered what the pic of the Chinese lady in front of the screens was doing. That’s genius!! Pay the little Chinese lady 7 cents an hour to raise up likes and views to generate advertising money! Beats plucking chickens and sowing clothes I guess. The only thing is if a random guy called Big O on some forum knows that, surely the people spending millions on advertising can figure it out! 🤔

Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: slim 285] #13439158 02/14/20 04:40 AM
G
G3bassbarge Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
G
Just an observation:

I wonder how long it will take Big O to get back on the Wall of Shame!
nuts lizard laugh

I love reading these threads!

Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: Big O Florida] #13439164 02/14/20 04:48 AM
danwig52 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

I dont care on either, but if I was investing...... the BASS mediums are extremely limited and dying mediums... print magazines?? memberships? subscriptions?

and I live in TX... the "crowd' at Conroe was in the 100s..... that means SQUAT to sponsors... this isnt 1970 anymore.

Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: Big O Florida] #13439165 02/14/20 04:50 AM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

Ah, therein lies the rub... without evidence. But just because physical evidence can’t be obtained, that doesn’t make it disputable.

There is a reason why these click farms are located where they are and so profitable; and it’s not just for the low cost labor force. They are where they are because there are little to no regulations and enforcement. Even when entities such as Apple, Google, Amazon, etc... obtain what they say is certain strong evidence, they can’t get cooperation and enforcement at the local jurisdiction level. Of course, all those entities are also in the business of selling advertising space, so it’s not really in their best interest to enforce or crack down on something that’s generating millions a day in revenue for them.

It’s the dirty little secret no one wants to do anything about, because the biggest of all the players are benefitting from it themselves.

Sponsors and advertisers are more likely to see more accurate metrics by putting more of their sponsor and ad spends where things can actually be measured accurately and having less chances for fraud to be perpetrated, because the stuff in the digital realm has a prolific problem with fraud and those who sell/manage advertising space aren’t doing anything to help better detect and alleviate the well known problem.

Are you in marketing? Are you in a business that relies on marketing?

[Linked Image]
Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: danwig52] #13439189 02/14/20 06:12 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by danwig52

I dont care on either, but if I was investing...... the BASS mediums are extremely limited and dying mediums... print magazines?? memberships? subscriptions?

and I live in TX... the "crowd' at Conroe was in the 100s..... that means SQUAT to sponsors... this isnt 1970 anymore.

A recent BTL interview with CEO of BASS indicated they still to this day maintain a 525k membership base; say what you will, but there is nothing else out there that comes close to comparison in this market. 100’s in attendance is a far cry better than 10’s which the other tour seemingly attracts. For those who are trying to promote endemic brands in particular, what’s their target audience and who attracts the largest concentration of them? I think that’s pretty clear. While I don’t dispute that digital online content is growing and where content is moving to, the brands who are spending advertising $ in that space are being ripped off royally due to the amount of unmitigated fraud. That video I posted was a study that estimated over 1/3 of all the metrics used to sell and charge for advertising Is fraudulent and fabricated by the click farms and like services.

If I was investing, I wouldn’t want my ad spend/costs being inflated because of fraudulent metrics.

Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: slim 285] #13439192 02/14/20 06:18 AM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
It’s only fraudulent if it applies to MLF, which you haven’t proven. You’re only saying it happens generally, not specifically to MLF.

[Linked Image]
Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: Big O Florida] #13439195 02/14/20 07:04 AM
TwoLakes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Big O, I have to respond to a few of your points:

First, it's easy to tell where click farms are. IP addresses are very easily tracked. That data can be thrown out and ignored with the click of a button.
Second, if you think the marketers at Toyota, Abu Garcia, Yeti, Bass Cat, Phoenix, Lowrance, etc. etc. etc. are dumb for promoting their brands to very specific audiences, you are wrong.
Third, these corporations are figuring out where to spend their advertising budgets like every single corporation in the world. You grab onto something like a "click farm" and act like the people in these companies aren't informed. You have to be kidding.
Fourth, I work in the technology industry and "click farms" have been around since the beginning. It's not a big secret you have recently discovered. I'm sure MLF is the only business out there generating ad revenue off of these secret "click farms".

I could go on and on like you have been doing, but I don't care enough one way or the other. I just find it funny that you think you know more than corporate decision makers on how to spend their advertising budgets. I bet you are just a regular PO'd fisherman who surfed the web one day and thought you found something of vast significance that needed to be exposed.

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide