Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: slim 285] #13438948 02/14/20 01:34 AM
L
LeonSulak Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
L
This feels like NWO vs WCW or WWF vs WCW.

Seminole has me watching more MLF than ever. I still prefer watching BASS, but liked the 2lb minimum. Wish they would keep everything and just make it a 5 fish limit.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: Big O Florida] #13438952 02/14/20 01:36 AM
Walls Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Originally Posted by RKT
Originally Posted by RKT
My gosh guys. Quit even responding to this Big O guy if he is not even man enough to say who he is. Until he does he has zero credibility.

Do people know who you are RKT? Do people actually care who RKT is, or is that just a red herring to distract from not being able to refute what is being said?

Just why does it matter - what would it change? A big NOTHING

My name is Russell Traylor. I am just a plain old weekend warrior who doesn't claim to be some great fisherman. Just an average Joe. Ok, I was honest enough to say who I am, now its your turn.

Why does it matter if it’s RTK or Russell Traylor? If what you said as either was bunk, it would still be bunk.

Fact is, it’s a red herring. You can’t refute what I say, you can’t give reasonable explanation or excuse as to why something is the not the way I may say, so instead of conceding I am correct, you look for something else that you think will distract others away from the original statement or comment you, or others that use the same red herring, have no answer for.

Why would anyone concede you are right on anything when you're spewing unsubstantiated garbage (ie. your opinion). You have not proven one thing in any of your rants. "Red herring, flashy objects??" Like the internet clip art you post and claim it's how MLF/BPT group is getting numbers? Hey pot, it's kettle- you're black too.

Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: Big O Florida] #13438953 02/14/20 01:38 AM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by SAKS
Originally Posted by criglizard
There actually isn't an anti-BASS group here.

I think that says a lot about the anti-MLF guys.

There is a good reason for that. They (BASS) aren’t the bad guys nor the ones trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes. With BASS you get what you see, it’s always been that way and for 50 years they’ve thrived and been the leader in the industry. Then come along some greed filled people portraying themselves as leaders and proclaim they are out to make things better for the anglers and growing the sport, when none of that is really the truth... they have from the onset been out there to try and bring BASS down by dividing the industry. When things didn’t go their way with BASS they turned their focus on FLW and time will show, ruined that viable league.

The reason you see so many anti-MLF people is because most people with an honest conscience recognize shysters with ulterior motives that use unethical behavior and tactics to try manipulate people and they don’t want to support or have anything to do with them outside of being witness to their slow motion train wreck which ultimately leads to their demise. There will always be a small fraction of people who have a weak or broken moral compass that will support them and defend their wrong doings, but they will remain in the minority along with MLF.

Andy52887 here is the reasoning these posts get moved. It goes from a conversation to all of this nonsense. He has 237 posts of the exact same thing over and over which does not resemble a discussion in any way form or fashion.

Did that offend you SAKS? Does the truth hurt your feelings? Perhaps you can dispel or refute what I have written in a compelling and factual way instead of whining about how something truthful about MLF is insulting to you?

Not at all. That would mean I care what you think. Just pointing out to the guy why your posts are being moved. I’m not trying to dispel or refute anything you say. I am not and have not said you were wrong or right. I’m just saying that you can only say the same thing so many times before it becomes bull****. You past that a long time ago but continue on.

Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: Big O Florida] #13438957 02/14/20 01:41 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Neal G
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Ain’t nothin’ like “high fivin’” the guy that’s been hawk eyeing you and giving you penalties all day. Sure beats the cheering fans and family being there. crazy

You don’t get it... to those running MLF, the live fans and infrastructure to support an attendance are an expense, and it can be a big one at that if they want to try and keep fans engaged and interested. But that’s not in the MLF groups interest; They are more about selling advertising space to companies, and the less expense involved the better. They are on a big push to make all things digital and use fancy terms made up by data analytics people to sell to clueless sponsorship executives and what their ROI can be.

What these clueless people who buy sponsorship spots and advertising space don’t truly understand is how manipulated the data used to sell and set rates to them is.

Here is a little intro into the amount of fraud that those who sell sponsorship and advertising are engaged in.

[Linked Image]

thumb

Did you notice there wasn’t any of those MLF supporters refuting what’s said above? At least with a live audience that can be visually measured by paying sponsors. BASS isn’t going to be able to go out and promise they can bring a sponsor thousands of eyeballs towards their brands when they really only have a few showing up like MLF does. That’s why MLF is focused on the digital more than anything, they can manipulate to high hell the true numbers of eyeballs. To be fair to MLF, they are not the only ones who do that kind of thing... it’s widespread and a huge business for the click farms are utilized by shyster marketing people around the world. The sponsors and advertisers are the ones who get screwed because the ones they have signing off on advertising spends are clueless corporatist drones, and their bosses are even more clueless.

I didn’t respond to this because every time someone responds with facts, you ignore it or change the subject.

KPIs are overused and can be silly, but eventually it must equal a conversion. That’s always been true.

If Toyota spends 100,000 (random number) on traveling to BASS events, how do they quantify that spend? Are people showing up at BASS events and buying a Tundra there? No, they aren’t.

The same thing applies to digital spending. Digital spending can be cheaper per impression, is often more dynamic, and can be changed on the fly (and more cheaply), not to mention can have a farther reach.

If I can’t make the classic weigh in and am forced to watch it on TV, Toyota can still reach me by sponsoring the event or paying for key words in social media spending, which results in a targeted ad to me on my device over and over.

Are there issues with digital spending? Sure. Of course. It’s a much more nimble space than showing up at a fishing tournament, though, especially if it gets rained out like it did last weekend.

The rest of the world is going this way. Bass fishing is too. It’s the way of the world. You’re overstating every argument you make on this and regurgitating things that sometimes don’t even apply to the topic at hand.

[Linked Image]
Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: Mark Jones] #13438960 02/14/20 01:45 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Mark Jones

Did you notice there wasn’t any of those MLF supporters refuting what’s said above? At least with a live audience that can be visually measured by paying sponsors. BASS isn’t going to be able to go out and promise they can bring a sponsor thousands of eyeballs towards their brands when they really only have a few showing up like MLF does. That’s why MLF is focused on the digital more than anything, they can manipulate to high hell the true numbers of eyeballs. To be fair to MLF, they are not the only ones who do that kind of thing... it’s widespread and a huge business for the click farms are utilized by shyster marketing people around the world. The sponsors and advertisers are the ones who get screwed because the ones they have signing off on advertising spends are clueless corporatist drones, and their bosses are even more clueless.

No one responds to you on this because it's ridiculous and they are embarrassed for you when you post it. My favorite thing in all of this is how you've single handedly flipped people on here from MLF haters to MLF fans. It's simply been incredible to watch and the MLF team should send you a Christmas card this year. As your post count continues to skyrocket, so does the MLF viewership and metrics.

In the interim, let me be the first to send a sincere thank you for all you've done. Keep it up. cheers

Are you seriously disputing that there has been and continues to be massive amounts of fraud perpetrated against advertisers in the digital/online realm? Really? Click farms didn’t become a billion dollar industry by providing legitimate tech services. I didn’t think you were that far removed from reality.

It’s your industries worst kept secret... well, except the secret is still good for the clueless executives signing off on sponsorships and the ad spends, they still believe the manipulated data their being spoon fed.

Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: Big O Florida] #13438973 02/14/20 01:56 AM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

No one responds to you on this because it's ridiculous and they are embarrassed for you when you post it. My favorite thing in all of this is how you've single handedly flipped people on here from MLF haters to MLF fans. It's simply been incredible to watch and the MLF team should send you a Christmas card this year. As your post count continues to skyrocket, so does the MLF viewership and metrics.

In the interim, let me be the first to send a sincere thank you for all you've done. Keep it up. cheers

Are you seriously disputing that there has been and continues to be massive amounts of fraud perpetrated against advertisers in the digital/online realm? Really? Click farms didn’t become a billion dollar industry by providing legitimate tech services. I didn’t think you were that far removed from reality.

It’s your industries worst kept secret... well, except the secret is still good for the clueless executives signing off on sponsorships and the ad spends, they still believe the manipulated data their being spoon fed.

What I'm seriously disputing is the validity of anything you've posted since you showed up on the scene. But I'm seriously thanking you for your efforts here. I'm not joking when I tell you that in just two short months, you've turned hardened MLF detractors that I've debated with for over a year. Well done sir, well done...

Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: Mark Jones] #13438984 02/14/20 02:09 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B

What I'm seriously disputing is the validity of anything you've posted since you showed up on the scene. But I'm seriously thanking you for your efforts here. I'm not joking when I tell you that in just two short months, you've turned hardened MLF detractors that I've battled with for over a year. Well done sir, well done...

How are you all explaining the huge drop in numbers to the brands you deal with now that a huge portion of the click farm industry is currently out of commission due to the mass quarantines going on in that region?
Those MLF live numbers must have taken a significant hit, eh?

Does MLF have to issue refunds to sponsors when they don’t meet the lofty metrics they are selling and pricing the space on?

Last edited by Big O Florida; 02/14/20 02:11 AM.
Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: Big O Florida] #13438985 02/14/20 02:10 AM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by RKT
Originally Posted by RKT
My gosh guys. Quit even responding to this Big O guy if he is not even man enough to say who he is. Until he does he has zero credibility.

Do people know who you are RKT? Do people actually care who RKT is, or is that just a red herring to distract from not being able to refute what is being said?

Just why does it matter - what would it change? A big NOTHING

My name is Russell Traylor. I am just a plain old weekend warrior who doesn't claim to be some great fisherman. Just an average Joe. Ok, I was honest enough to say who I am, now its your turn.

Why does it matter if it’s RTK or Russell Traylor? If what you said as either was bunk, it would still be bunk.

Fact is, it’s a red herring. You can’t refute what I say, you can’t give reasonable explanation or excuse as to why something is the not the way I may say, so instead of conceding I am correct, you look for something else that you think will distract others away from the original statement or comment you, or others that use the same red herring, have no answer for.

Actually everything you post has been refuted. And by people who will post who they are.

Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: Neal G] #13438989 02/14/20 02:12 AM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Neal G
Originally Posted by RKT

Unfortunately (seriously) - you are getting more info/insight from Big O because he is anonymous. Don't worry about the messenger and pay attention to the message or just continue to believe what paid employees and contractors tell you.

Made up bs is not insight or info

Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: Dubee] #13438997 02/14/20 02:15 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Dubee

Actually everything you post has been refuted. And by people who will post who they are.

Time for your meds Dubee, time for your meds. Night, night!

Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: slim 285] #13439002 02/14/20 02:18 AM
senko9S Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Reminds me of rubber and glue....

Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: Big O Florida] #13439006 02/14/20 02:24 AM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

What I'm seriously disputing is the validity of anything you've posted since you showed up on the scene. But I'm seriously thanking you for your efforts here. I'm not joking when I tell you that in just two short months, you've turned hardened MLF detractors that I've battled with for over a year. Well done sir, well done...

How are you all explaining the huge drop in numbers to the brands you deal with now that a huge portion of the click farm industry is currently out of commission due to the mass quarantines going on in that region?
Those MLF live numbers must have taken a significant hit, eh?

Does MLF have to issue refunds to sponsors when they don’t meet the lofty metrics they are selling and pricing the space on?

The live numbers and site traffic during the last six days of Stage One were outstanding and they’ll be shared with sponsors and partners. The changes made to the format played out well and the viewership increased each day of the event. The overwhelming positive response from the viewer base, including the most hardcore tournament anglers has been nothing short of incredible.

Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13439018 02/14/20 02:32 AM
I
IIIMag Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by fouzman
No. I think the past three days of BPT were super exciting. Lots of big fish and lots of movement/last minute changes among the leaders. I thought the B.A.S.S. event on Eufala was one of the more boring events I've ever watched.

I agree with Fouz, and I’ll add this:

The entire tournament is exciting. You know exactly what everyone has. Guys are battling for the cut line, or first place, or to get out of a knockout round. If Wheeler didn’t catch 100 lbs in 30 minutes yesterday, it probably would’ve been much closer at the end, with guys looking for one more fish with under a minute left. That’s exciting to me. It happened in the knockout round. One guy, forget his name at the moment, needed one fish to move up to 8th and advance. He caught a 1.14 with under two minutes left and didn’t advance. That’s exciting to me.

And watching MLF proves to me that the anglers and announcers and even me have no idea exactly what a fish weighs until it’s on the scale. BASS is giving you estimates until weigh in, so no one knows how much anyone has until the end of the day. I don’t like that as much.

I prefer the MLF style, as of now. I’ll watch BASS occasionally. There is room for both styles and people will like both or prefer one over the other.

I don’t think it much matters to a lot of guys whether they get towed across a stage or not. It wouldn’t matter to me, but it isn’t like it was a surprise that there would be no weigh in with a stage and fans. MLF has been around a long time. If guys come to miss it and switch back, that’s ok. If MLF adds some sort of weigh in, that’s ok too.

There is room for both.

Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: slim 285] #13439028 02/14/20 02:40 AM
S
Statton48 Offline
Angler
Angler
S
I’m by far picking any side on this, but Big-O makes a decent point on the click farm theory. Again, not disputing or anything like that.... I’m just reading and it caught my eye.

Also agree with the OP.... it’s fun to watch but the end is boring as [censored]. I for one actually enjoy watching the stage more than the T.V. But I do watch it all, but fallow BASS more closely.

Re: MLF’s anticlimactic endings [Re: slim 285] #13439038 02/14/20 02:46 AM
S
SC-001 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
It could go either way but in general seems BPT ending tend to be blowouts more often than not, but in a way I hope they don't alter the rules to fabricate close finishes ala NASCAR, takes away from the genuine close races.

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide