Forums59
Topics1,037,820
Posts13,935,093
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Question for those with Livescope? [Re: bush hog] #13437586 02/12/20 11:15 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by bush hog
Originally Posted by crapicat
I don’t own a livescope, but I can answer your question...NO, you never get tired of watching what is happening below you...the only time I get frustrated, using the livescope...is when crappiexpress turns the transducer away from my jig...then, I go back to watching my rod tip, and fishing with the last image, in my mind...until he brings it back around! You can’t imagine what is really happening down there, until you see it with livescope!

That said, side imaging is more important in unlocking a lake.

Haha....can't believe he would do that. Does he wait till just before the crappie makes its move?

I WISH...heck bush hog, when he sees me dropping a jig that is going perfectly down in front of a BIG crappie, he will turn that transducer as fast as he can, usually about five feet down, when we are fishing 15 FOW...that’s ok, though, because I can count!...besides, he uses those WALLEE sticks, so he needs all the advantage he can get!

stir

Re: Question for those with Livescope? [Re: spooncg] #13437664 02/13/20 12:33 AM
C
CrappieXpress Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Oh man here we go with rod selection again...... to be honest Crapicat gets whooped regularly so bad he has to use every excuse he can come up with...... started off with front ending then morphed into sun in his eyes, no snacks and drinks into the boat, and now we’re on the Livescope screen not where he can see it. I really think he’s just trying to try to make me loose confidence in my equipment by bringing the rods into the conversation so that he has half a chance at catching up one day banana fish

Re: Question for those with Livescope? [Re: CrappieXpress] #13437675 02/13/20 12:41 AM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Well, if you would just break down and get some good rods, maybe I would quit having to give you so many chances!
I mean hey, get some good rods and you won’t HAVE to take all those advantages, you could just beat me straight up! Really...especially on a senior citizen. Jeez, some people...at least you have started using decent baits, so I guess there is some hope.

de

Re: Question for those with Livescope? [Re: spooncg] #13437736 02/13/20 01:27 AM
C
CrappieXpress Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Before it’s over with I’ll have to mount a 16” screen in the lap of Crapicats chair so his old blind tail can see what he’s doing

roflmao

Heck I already have to take him on periodic boat rides throughout the day to keep the geriatric old fart from overheating once it gets over 70 degrees

One things for sure...... I don’t think i will be converting over to the Shakespeare ugly sticks er um I meant the Jenko rod offerings

Re: Question for those with Livescope? [Re: CrappieXpress] #13437785 02/13/20 01:57 AM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Bush hog, these young guns just want to learn to fish so bad...seriously though, he is still all hurt, cause I whooped him when we were fishing those Super Duper Slewfoot crappie master rods. Heck, I even caught the smallest crappie, looked to be a 12incher. Night before we left, he says, I’m not taking anything, no rods, no tackle...just gonna fish what is on the boat. Course, I wouldn’t of took his rods either, just saying. Trying to get in my head, he was. Cause, He knew I was gonna take at least one rod, and preferred my own bait as well. Despite taking my G-rod, I decided, what the heck, super tourney fishing tackle, it is! Good thing ole Slewfoot had a Littleman handmade jig tied up, cause I was hurting those crappiexpress feelings. Shoot, ole Slew foot, felt so sorry for him, he called and had Clay bring some menners over, just so he could try to catch up. I kinda got to feeling sorry about slinging all them slabs, and started playing with some other rigs he had, just to give him a chance to catch up some. Heck he whined most of the way home...Bush hog, the only thing I don’t get, those tourney guys only have to catch like 7 fish, but they got nibbles, n menners, and 20 rods with all sorts of different things tied on...I mean, I could see it if they had to catch a limit to weigh in...oh well...one thing I can say, Slewfoot did a sight better job of letting my old eyes see that livescope screen...shoot, he even would tell me when to stop the jig, much unlike ole Cole! Still don’t know why he was wearing rubber boots on that fancy boat though??!

Re: Question for those with Livescope? [Re: spooncg] #13437903 02/13/20 03:29 AM
J
jig master Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
No sir never !!! It’s awesome.

Don't believe everything you hear and half of what you see . Living for the Thump !!
Re: Question for those with Livescope? [Re: crapicat] #13439102 02/14/20 03:29 AM
J
jig master Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by crapicat
Well, if you would just break down and get some good rods, maybe I would quit having to give you so many chances!
I mean hey, get some good rods and you won’t HAVE to take all those advantages, you could just beat me straight up! Really...especially on a senior citizen. Jeez, some people...at least you have started using decent baits, so I guess there is some hope.

de

So what do you consider a good rod my friend. ?

Don't believe everything you hear and half of what you see . Living for the Thump !!
Re: Question for those with Livescope? [Re: spooncg] #13439325 02/14/20 01:56 PM
RRWRAY Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
Who ever said half the fun is hoping the fish are where im fishing??

Re: Question for those with Livescope? [Re: jig master] #13440277 02/15/20 03:32 AM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Hey Jig Master, good to hear from you! Without getting specific and hurting anyone’s feelings, or getting the moderators on my arse...I will just say I like the rods I took a lot of time/money/effort to determine that fish well for me and my brand of fishing. The rods I don’t like can be found sitting in my rod rack collecting dust, or ones that I have previously given away, after fishing them. Also, I will add that rods I will walk right by, in the stores, or wherever I might come across them, due to previously being disappointed in their performance after fishing them, I toss into the undesirable pile. My requirements for a good rod are simple really...1) well balanced, I want a rod with a 1/16 jig tied on the end of the line to balance one one finger, at the point where the palm swell is located (so I don’t end up with sore arm, tennis elbow, or sore shoulders. 2) sensitive. I want to feel a fish open his mouth to suck in my jig, so I can determine the best time to set the hook. 3) backbone...I hate using a net to boat a crappie, and I just want to life the fish in the boat regardless of size or weight (within the limit of the line rating) on the first lift. Pretty simple, simple really. Only problem is most rods can’t perform those the tasks at the same time. Sorry for getting off topic, guys. But to end, I will just say with the livescope if you wanted to target only large fish, well the rods you use become more important than ever before, from my perspective.

Re: Question for those with Livescope? [Re: CHAMPION FISH] #13442327 02/17/20 06:38 PM
C
CrazyCrappieGuy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted by CHAMPION FISH
Even with 2D you can see the fish.

Good point, livescope is just “live”, real time..

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide