PRO ANGLER vs WHISKER SEEKER #13435736 02/11/20 07:56 PM
B
BroIncarnate Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
B
HEY Y'all!

I noticed that PRO ANGLER rods have gone up like 20 bucks from when I used to buy them--- now that they are pricing up there with the Whisker Seeker rods, is it still worth getting them?

I find that I am not able to cast very far with my 10 foot PA (spinning) and was gonna try the Whisker Seekers out- What are y'alls thoughts now that they are priced very similar?

THANKS!!!

Last edited by BroIncarnate; 02/11/20 08:29 PM.
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: PRO ANGLER vs WHISKER SEEKER [Re: BroIncarnate] #13435750 02/11/20 08:05 PM
L
Littlefeather Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
Going to a shorter rod won’t increase casting distance. I’d suggest looking over a coastal tackle shop that specializes in distance casting.

Breakaway

Those who dance are considered mad by those who cannot hear the music.
Re: PRO ANGLER vs WHISKER SEEKER [Re: Littlefeather] #13435778 02/11/20 08:27 PM
B
BroIncarnate Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
B
Originally Posted by Littlefeather
Going to a shorter rod won’t increase casting distance. I’d suggest looking over a coastal tackle shop that specializes in distance casting.

Breakaway

I am casting shorter poles further than my 10 footer, I just dont get it. and they are ugly stiks smirk

What is your opinion on Whisker seeker vs PA rods now that prices are very similar?

Re: PRO ANGLER vs WHISKER SEEKER [Re: BroIncarnate] #13435868 02/11/20 09:44 PM
🍀El Gato Azul🍀 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
A lot of variables go into casting distance. The reel is the #1 factor. The bait size, rig size and length, are all major factors, not just the rod length.

Casting distance was not factored into my decision making when I chose my catfish rods so my opinion is worth about 2cents but I do own 9 of the whisker seekers. Guys that run PA will tell you they are their favorite. Guys that run WS will tell you they like WS the best. One is E glass and the other is S glass composite tip. 2 completely different rods so personal preference is the true deciding factor. I love my WS 7’6 “ MH. I still have some of the gen 1 from 4 yrs ago that are still going strong. Now that WS offers the FMJ they are easily my favorite rod. They work great in the summer on 2 lbrs and even better in the winter on 50s. They have the smoothest pulling tip I’ve fished with which makes a huge difference on eye strain when drifting. texas

There is a fine line between fishing and floating around like an idiot!!
texas Check out out my YouTube channel El Gato Azul TV texas
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0aV-uOxzxKxeqFFfREzKg
⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️ Home of little boys holding big catfish! ⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️
Re: PRO ANGLER vs WHISKER SEEKER [Re: BroIncarnate] #13440670 02/15/20 05:55 PM
H
HumanSeine Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
[align:left][/align]I own both rods and the seeker warranty is wonderful. I do own eight pro angler rods and never broke one so no warranty is better than not needing one. The seeker I broke was in my garage door and I must take the blame but seeker did replace the rod. So even me being dumb was covered by the whisker seeker rods. So I guess it would be a choice of which one you like the action of the most. I think they are both fine rods . Most of the guides I know seem to go with pro Angler rods but chad uses his seekers. I would say you will be happy with either.

Last edited by HumanSeine; 02/15/20 05:56 PM.
Re: PRO ANGLER vs WHISKER SEEKER [Re: BroIncarnate] #13442732 02/18/20 01:41 AM
R
randal87 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
Interested as well, I have 7 pro angler rods and 5 cheap bass pro rods, I’m about to replace the cheap bass pro rods, I’d like to get 4 of the ws 9’6 rods and one more pro angler 7’6. I hate to dump $400 into ws and not like them.. I’d buy a pro angler if they made a 9’6 but they don’t so I’m looking other places.. does anyone know if the ws rods will fit in a bee ready rod holder? I’ve ran into some rods I like but won’t fit so I had to pass..

Re: PRO ANGLER vs WHISKER SEEKER [Re: BroIncarnate] #13442979 02/18/20 12:42 PM
🍀El Gato Azul🍀 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
My WS rods will fit into the Bee readys no problem. Never heard of anyone who actually owns a Whisker Seeker not loving them. Most likely they will become your favorite rods like anyone else who buys one. You might hear a guy say he picked up a whisker Seeker and didn’t like the feel or he fished with a whisker Seeker on someone else’s boat and didn’t like it but your not going to hear someone who owns em and runs em often say anything bad about them. They are lighter rods and the tip has more spring to it rather than a soft bending tip like a lot of MH rods. If your drifting you’ll notice the MH composite tip on the WS doesn’t constantly flex like other rod tips. It still loads up really good when a fish hits though. The rod tip flexing with every wave is something most guys get used to with other rods but if you have inexperienced anglers on your boat very often, they think a fish is pecking all day and it’s stressful for everyone on board. Guests on my boat will often ask “how come those orange rods don’t flex with every wave like the other rods?” Never ran their Heavy rods or the 9’6” either though.

Last edited by 🌊El Gato Azul🌊; 02/18/20 03:09 PM.

Re: PRO ANGLER vs WHISKER SEEKER [Re: BroIncarnate] #13443544 02/18/20 08:43 PM
J
jackiekennedyfishingguide Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J
I run H pro anglers and they don't bounce and never gave in trouble in about 10 years of limited use, but I only fish 4-5 days a week. To each there own.

903-603-3793
Clients or I have landed eight state record fish and eighteen water body records.
TPWD Elite Angler
[Linked Image]
jackiekennedyfishingguide

Re: PRO ANGLER vs WHISKER SEEKER [Re: BroIncarnate] #13443560 02/18/20 08:58 PM
🍀El Gato Azul🍀 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Some people like Heavy for crankin em out of timber and some like the MH for the way they load up when drifting. It’s personal preference really. I don’t like a heavy rod when I’m drifting especially if I’m catching eaters. Some guys like ford and some like Chevy. There’s more than one way to skin a cat. Some ford guys get their panties in a wad if you tell em how much you like your Chevy or why you like it. I see that a lot on this forum.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide