Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Night and Day #13434695 02/11/20 01:09 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Don’t show this to the BPT guys, because it will make them jealous. They get to talk to the one lonely camera man or marshal at end of the day, contrast that with what the BASS guys get to come home to... and the sponsors are just loving it; notice all the people walking around with sponsor branded bags of goodies in their hand... that’s sponsorship gold!

Don’t miss the Gerald Swindle interview about half way through, he says it like it is. Brandon P. also talks about how he was a lemming. At least he’s not to proud to admit it and is ready to move on in the right direction.

Too bad the BPT guys didn’t take into consideration how important the in-person appreciation that’s being shown by fans is to the sport and sponsors. It’s like Night and Day to compare the interest between the two.

Re: Night and Day [Re: Big O Florida] #13434716 02/11/20 01:21 AM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Where were all those giant bags you talked about this morning. And i think the sponsors are happy with BPT's tv coverage. So keep it up Warren

Re: Night and Day [Re: Dubee] #13434769 02/11/20 01:49 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Dubee
Where were all those giant bags you talked about this morning. And i think the sponsors are happy with BPT's tv coverage. So keep it up Warren

Of course you seem confused as always, how could I be referring to bag size of today when today had only just started?

i guess not only are you confused, but you aren’t that good at figuring out averages either. The bags referred to this morning were referring to the past 2 days; get someone to help you, perhaps you have a elementary school kid nearby, and get averages of group A & B on BPT fishing their proclaimed lunker capital of the world for their 2 days each respectively (over 4 days), and then calculate it down to get average bag size for 5 fish. You can get total weights off of the results page on MLF. Then compare those averaged bag sizes to what the BASS bag sizes for the last 2 days has been for them. Do top 10... maybe you’ll then see the difference.

Yes, I am sure the sponsors are getting their bang for their buck on those lonely interviews after the fishing is done, not understanding most people have already clicked the x on their video stream window.

Re: Night and Day [Re: Big O Florida] #13434783 02/11/20 02:08 AM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Big O Florida

Of course you seem confused as always, how could I be referring to bag size of today when today had only just started?

i guess not only are you confused, but you aren’t that good at figuring out averages either. The bags referred to this morning were referring to the past 2 days; get someone to help you, perhaps you have a elementary school kid nearby, and get averages of group A & B on BPT fishing their proclaimed lunker capital of the world for their 2 days each respectively (over 4 days), and then calculate it down to get average bag size for 5 fish. You can get total weights off of the results page on MLF. Then compare those averaged bag sizes to what the BASS bag sizes for the last 2 days has been for them. Do top 10... maybe you’ll then see the difference.

Yes, I am sure the sponsors are getting their bang for their buck on those lonely interviews after the fishing is done, not understanding most people have already clicked the x on their video stream window.

Hey genius, you posted this morning. Final day and big bags being caught. If you can't post what you mean to say. That's on you. I posted the averages this morning from group A top 10 1st 2 day's. And top10 of BASS top 10 2 day's. Are your earmuffs to tight. Your sister's hot.

Re: Night and Day [Re: Big O Florida] #13434798 02/11/20 02:23 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Wow, the crowds for this event have been amazing, and it was delayed for 2 days to boot. Sponsorship gold!

This type of events are an MLF’rs wet dream. But they listened to B. Duckett who promised them they would become a TV star! LoL

Re: Night and Day [Re: Big O Florida] #13435577 02/11/20 05:59 PM
emorydog Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
went to watch BASS today and looks like it’s already over. I guess it’s now just a two day club tournament. The other one is still going on.

weber
Re: Night and Day [Re: Big O Florida] #13435650 02/11/20 06:38 PM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Wow, the crowds for this event have been amazing, and it was delayed for 2 days to boot. Sponsorship gold!

This type of events are an MLF’rs wet dream. But they listened to B. Duckett who promised them they would become a TV star! LoL

Lets see. A few people walking around at weigh in. Or more tv time in a year then Bass has in 10yrs. And shows on network tv. I think i know who most smart companies would pick to sponsor

Re: Night and Day [Re: emorydog] #13435663 02/11/20 06:46 PM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted by emorydog
went to watch BASS today and looks like it’s already over. I guess it’s now just a two day club tournament. The other one is still going on.

They didn't fish today. Weather shortened and only fishing 3 days. Saturday, Sunday & Monday.

[Linked Image]

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: Night and Day [Re: Dubee] #13435694 02/11/20 07:22 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B

Lets see. A few people walking around at weigh in. Or more tv time in a year then Bass has in 10yrs. And shows on network tv. I think i know who most smart companies would pick to sponsor

A few people walking around?... you must have mistaken one of those MLF feeds you’re watching for the BASS videos I posted. By the looks of those reports I posted, both day 1 and 2 at the BASS event showed many hundreds of people gathered. Kids, families, all mixes of people. That is sponsor gold, and those in person eyeballs who made effort to come see what the the vendors brought to the show are far more valuable and likely a product buying customer than someone who has a TV remote in hand that’s channel surfing and stumbles across some random fishing show in middle of day or night that holds their attention for a few seconds.

Go back and listen to the Gerald and Brandon’s Day 1 interviews in whole. Those tell the whole story. While you’re at it, stop video at points where it shows the sea of people wandering about the event and do a count. Use your fingers to help you count past 3

Re: Night and Day [Re: Big O Florida] #13436034 02/11/20 11:27 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

A few people walking around?... you must have mistaken one of those MLF feeds you’re watching for the BASS videos I posted. By the looks of those reports I posted, both day 1 and 2 at the BASS event showed many hundreds of people gathered. Kids, families, all mixes of people. That is sponsor gold, and those in person eyeballs who made effort to come see what the the vendors brought to the show are far more valuable and likely a product buying customer than someone who has a TV remote in hand that’s channel surfing and stumbles across some random fishing show in middle of day or night that holds their attention for a few seconds.

Go back and listen to the Gerald and Brandon’s Day 1 interviews in whole. Those tell the whole story. While you’re at it, stop video at points where it shows the sea of people wandering about the event and do a count. Use your fingers to help you count past 3

I'll answer this here for you so it doesn't get lost out in the comment you made in the bass section.

#1 Crowds aren't "sponsor gold" by themselves and most, if not all, of the people in those crowds aren't current prospects for anything. They're there to watch a weigh in. I've been to all of those events and activations and watch them walk right by the sponsors & vendor booths and go sit in the chairs and watch the weigh in and walk right by those sponsor & vendor booths on the way out. 90% of them don't stop and engage.

#2 what makes someone a prospect or valuable for a sponsor is if they're IN MARKET or IN FUNNEL for that particular product or service and that can happen both online or offline. To be clear, watching Live or a TV show doesn't make them a prospect either, so your definition of sponsor "gold" couldn't be farther from the truth. I've sat in many meetings with brands complaining about onsite activations and how hard they are to activate and make ROI positive. The are a necessary evil at best. They are certainly not classified as "gold" by the vast majority of us.

#3 I'm glad Gerald and Brandon are where they want to be and happy. Every angler needs to make the best decision possible for their business, their brand, their sponsors and their career.

Oh and PS, your comment about KVD and Pete Rose was simply ridiculous and if you had a single shred of credibility before that, it was lost when you made that comparison.

Carry on...

Re: Night and Day [Re: Mark Jones] #13436077 02/11/20 11:53 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Mark Jones

I'll answer this here for you so it doesn't get lost out in the comment you made in the bass section.

#1 Crowds aren't "sponsor gold" by themselves and most, if not all, of the people in those crowds aren't current prospects for anything. They're there to watch a weigh in. I've been to all of those events and activations and watch them walk right by the sponsors & vendor booths and go sit in the chairs and watch the weigh in and walk right by those sponsor & vendor booths on the way out. 90% of them don't stop and engage.

#2 what makes someone a prospect or valuable for a sponsor is if they're IN MARKET or IN FUNNEL for that particular product or service and that can happen both online or offline. To be clear, watching Live or a TV show doesn't make them a prospect either, so your definition of sponsor "gold" couldn't be farther from the truth. I've sat in many meetings with brands complaining about onsite activations and how hard they are to activate and make ROI positive. The are a necessary evil at best. They are certainly not classified as "gold" by the vast majority of us.

#3 I'm glad Gerald and Brandon are where they want to be and happy. Every angler needs to make the best decision possible for their business, their brand, their sponsors and their career.

Oh and PS, your comment about KVD and Pete Rose was simply ridiculous and if you had a single shred of credibility before that, it was lost when you made that comparison.

Carry on...

And brands will adapt (and already have been across 99% of categories and industries) as they always have. Cord cutting, online retail, podcasting, vlogging, etc are all forcing companies to adapt. It’s true in every sports league. It’s true in every industry.

It’s no secret that people are leaving the house less often, or are busier with other things going on. Brands will adapt to get KPIs and conversions in other ways as technology continues to evolve and consumers continue to evolve with it.

[Linked Image]
Re: Night and Day [Re: Big O Florida] #13436149 02/12/20 01:04 AM
Mallison22 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I'll wade into "this" briefly........The BASS vs BPT vs FLW doesn't really involve me, and my guess is it doesn't involve most casual to avid tournament bass fishermen. Although there will be some who just have to pick a side. It really involves a few with ties to their own aligned allegiances, paychecks, sponsorships etc. I've been an avid B.A.S.S. fan since the late 70's. I was star struck a number of years ago when I met Ray Scott. I idolized the Hemphill gang as a kid. And yes it was very tough to see the "Elite" at the time move to BPT. But to me, its all tournament fishing. The Eufala tournament has been great. More interesting to me than BASS fishing St. Johns. I will absolutely watch BASS at Fork. Its all an avenue to watch what I enjoy. The "market" itself dictated the BPT. Right, wrong or indifferent, BASS just didn't move the needle enough. It has had years and years and years to do so. But when 99% of the best leave there is an issue. But if you take away the history and all the names, and allegiances of growing up with a certain organization, the new BPT is a better format, with better fishermen, and better content in my humble opinion. If some of the powers at be don't mess it up, it will go to the next level. So I wish we could get away from the nit-picking, oh look what he said, or look what happened here etc. Its tournament bass fishing at the highest level on all accounts. And before I get lit up for the if you don't like it, don't read it....I read it because it is bass fishing content shared by my fellow fishermen....Hence the reason I am actually looking at the message board.

Re: Night and Day [Re: Mallison22] #13436173 02/12/20 01:26 AM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Mallison66
I'll wade into "this" briefly........The BASS vs BPT vs FLW doesn't really involve me, and my guess is it doesn't involve most casual to avid tournament bass fishermen. Although there will be some who just have to pick a side. It really involves a few with ties to their own aligned allegiances, paychecks, sponsorships etc. I've been an avid B.A.S.S. fan since the late 70's. I was star struck a number of years ago when I met Ray Scott. I idolized the Hemphill gang as a kid. And yes it was very tough to see the "Elite" at the time move to BPT. But to me, its all tournament fishing. The Eufala tournament has been great. More interesting to me than BASS fishing St. Johns. I will absolutely watch BASS at Fork. Its all an avenue to watch what I enjoy. The "market" itself dictated the BPT. Right, wrong or indifferent, BASS just didn't move the needle enough. It has had years and years and years to do so. But when 99% of the best leave there is an issue. But if you take away the history and all the names, and allegiances of growing up with a certain organization, the new BPT is a better format, with better fishermen, and better content in my humble opinion. If some of the powers at be don't mess it up, it will go to the next level. So I wish we could get away from the nit-picking, oh look what he said, or look what happened here etc. Its tournament bass fishing at the highest level on all accounts. And before I get lit up for the if you don't like it, don't read it....I read it because it is bass fishing content shared by my fellow fishermen....Hence the reason I am actually looking at the message board.

Well said

Re: Night and Day [Re: Big O Florida] #13436491 02/12/20 07:27 AM
P
Pintail711 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
P
I think Big O stands for Big Orgasm because I’ve never seen some one get off to MLF, Bass Champs, TTT or whatever the hell he rambles on about like this cat does.

Re: Night and Day [Re: Big O Florida] #13436611 02/12/20 01:31 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
It stands for Big -0-

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide