Forums59
Topics1,039,218
Posts13,961,133
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Cowboys were close to deal with Dak [Re: Happykamper] #13431496 02/08/20 02:55 AM
P
patriot07 Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by Happykamper
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Its gonna get done. Just business. They broke it down on NFL Network yesterday and really it was impressive in reagrds to how he has stacked up with other top QBs in the league during that time. I was already a Dak fan but this was pretty eye opening especially considering he was a 4th round pick that was not expected to start. They were totally unbiased in their review. He is gonna get paid.

He will suck without all the pro bowlers around him, he has not ever put the team on his back and won a big game, I really like him but he deserves top 10 - 15 QB money, if they pay him more it will be a lot more of the same. Let me ask you this, if Mahomes signs tomorrow for 40M for 5 years you going to pay Dak 41 M for 5 ? He could not carry Mahomes jock strap, there is no comparison between the two, and there are several more QB's better than Dak, going to be interesting to see what they do, I would franchise him and draft another QB.

Gosh I hate to agree with HK, but he's dead on IMHO

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Cowboys were close to deal with Dak [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13431499 02/08/20 02:59 AM
P
patriot07 Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
I’m a little shocked at how many people here are saying it’s time to move on from Dak.

Everyone thinks a Mahomes is just a draft pick away. Yep, scrap a guy who is pretty good for an unproven rookie that might or might not make it. Great QBs grow on trees. You can easily get them way late in the 1st round. Never mind you have a team in their prime waiting on this superstar rookie. I mean so many rookie QBs have kedteams to a Super Bowl that its a sure thing.

Personally I'm ready to see what McCarthy does to improve Dak. He is on record during the season last year before he got the gig saying he thought Dak was good. Favre thinks so too.

Not only is Dak really good, but a lot of people defend him during the season. When it comes time to pay the man, it’s time to get rid of him. This is an objective opinion and what I’m noticing. It’s shocking.

He is good, but $30M+ is sacrificing a lot of talent at other positions. But I'll admit that I'm guilty of saying to pay him but being reticent now. I think it's different when I'm thinking pay him and make him the 10th highest QB, but when you offer him top 5 money and he says no, then I'd tell him to play for the tag or sit his arse on the beach in cabo and make nothing.

- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Cowboys were close to deal with Dak [Re: patriot07] #13431507 02/08/20 03:05 AM
A
avid_basser Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
A
I'd let it pass and make a statement...mediocre doesn't = $$$

There needs to be an owner with the balls to put an end to these ridiculous salary requests.

Re: Cowboys were close to deal with Dak [Re: CrazyCrappieGuy] #13431524 02/08/20 03:22 AM
2Gs Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by FishingGuy
Originally Posted by 2014NITROZ-7
Well this explains why they are signing Brady. GOAT and Super Bowls, #Winning

Yes sir, bring in the GOAT, send Dak packing!

My 2 cents.... Before McCarthy even took the job he said he wanted to go somewhere with a really good young quarterback. He found that in Dallas. Do y’all really think he would be ok with losing Dak and having Brady? Think about it.... he wants to win a Super Bowl with another team. If he wins with Dak he did something. If he wins with Brady everyone will just say Brady came to Dallas and won them a Super Bowl. I don’t see this being good with McCarthy at all.

Re: Cowboys were close to deal with Dak [Re: avid_basser] #13431525 02/08/20 03:23 AM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
If Dak was on the market I bet there would not be more than maybe 1 team that would even consider paying him 35M , I wish they would just let him find out what he is worth, my money says he would be humbled.

[Linked Image]
Re: Cowboys were close to deal with Dak [Re: Happykamper] #13431531 02/08/20 03:26 AM
2Gs Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
If Dak was on the market I bet there would not be more than maybe 1 team that would even consider paying him 35M , I wish they would just let him find out what he is worth, my money says he would be humbled.

If Dak is ready to sign for $35 million a year Dallas needs to do it now!

Re: Cowboys were close to deal with Dak [Re: patriot07] #13431556 02/08/20 03:59 AM
C
COFF Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
C
Dallas needs to sign Teddy Bridgewater. Dak is just not that good. It really is quite simple. He is not that good. Never been that good. He's not terrible, but just not that good.

Re: Cowboys were close to deal with Dak [Re: patriot07] #13431559 02/08/20 04:01 AM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W
No way in hell I would pay dak 35 mill a year. Because one franchise [censored] the bed and over paid an average qb doesnt mean everyone should

Re: Cowboys were close to deal with Dak [Re: WAWI] #13431570 02/08/20 04:15 AM
2Gs Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by WAWI
No way in hell I would pay dak 35 mill a year. Because one franchise [censored] the bed and over paid an average qb doesnt mean everyone should

So NFL quarterbacks grow on trees? Do you really think Dallas is ready to go back to the Quincy Carter days? Mahomes is fixing to get close to $45 million a year. $35 million a year will look good in 2 to 3 years. The salary cap is going up every year.

Re: Cowboys were close to deal with Dak [Re: Happykamper] #13431604 02/08/20 04:39 AM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Its gonna get done. Just business. They broke it down on NFL Network yesterday and really it was impressive in reagrds to how he has stacked up with other top QBs in the league during that time. I was already a Dak fan but this was pretty eye opening especially considering he was a 4th round pick that was not expected to start. They were totally unbiased in their review. He is gonna get paid.

He will suck without all the pro bowlers around him, he has not ever put the team on his back and won a big game, I really like him but he deserves top 10 - 15 QB money, if they pay him more it will be a lot more of the same. Let me ask you this, if Mahomes signs tomorrow for 40M for 5 years you going to pay Dak 41 M for 5 ? He could not carry Mahomes jock strap, there is no comparison between the two, and there are several more QB's better than Dak, going to be interesting to see what they do, I would franchise him and draft another QB.

I agree, he is a decent qb but he just doesnt seem to have that "thing" that makes a great QB. The great ones put their whole team on their back and find a way to win, I haven't seen that with Dak. My $.02 is the talent in the draft the next 2 years will be better than Dak.

Re: Cowboys were close to deal with Dak [Re: the skipper] #13431616 02/08/20 04:46 AM
2Gs Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by the skipper

I agree, he is a decent qb but he just doesnt seem to have that "thing" that makes a great QB. The great ones put their whole team on their back and find a way to win, I haven't seen that with Dak. My $.02 is the talent in the draft the next 2 years will be better than Dak.

What pro bowlers other than his line who is mostly locked up for the next few years? Cooper? He disappeared towards the end of the season.

Re: Cowboys were close to deal with Dak [Re: patriot07] #13431643 02/08/20 05:43 AM
S
Scagnetti Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
The FO has screwed this all up by not signing him in 2019 and now Dak has the upper hand

- Mahomes, Jackson, Wilson, Prescott - sense a trend developing as in young, athletic, mobil QBs?

- If Dak isn’t the answer at QB, the Cowboys have a long road ahead of them

- He has proven himself and deserves to be paid, especially in consideration of his rookie contract

- He had a career year, #1 offense in the league, #2 in passing yards and that’s with Cowboy receivers with 36 drops, the most in the league

- EZE and DLaw got their money, Cooper will get his, and now it’s Dak’s turn

- Without a contract, you can forget him going to OTAs and training camp. McCarthy will be thrilled with that

- Go ahead and tag him and write a check for $25M. ALL that money comes in one lump sum off the 2020 cap

- Dak sits and go ahead and run out that skinny legged white boy and tell me how works for you

[Linked Image]

Re: Cowboys were close to deal with Dak [Re: 2Gs] #13431649 02/08/20 06:10 AM
P
patriot07 Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by 2Gs
Originally Posted by WAWI

So NFL quarterbacks grow on trees? Do you really think Dallas is ready to go back to the Quincy Carter days? Mahomes is fixing to get close to $45 million a year. $35 million a year will look good in 2 to 3 years. The salary cap is going up every year.

You do realize that we won the same number of championships with Quincy as we did with Tony and Dak. Actually same number of NFC championship appearances as well. My point - you can't overpay a mediocre QB, or you won't have the talent to get anywhere. You're just as good having a crummy QB and hoping to hit a couple of draft picks. Mediocre QBs at high salaries are not SB-winners, the vast, vast majority of the time.

- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Cowboys were close to deal with Dak [Re: 2Gs] #13431650 02/08/20 06:14 AM
P
patriot07 Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by 2Gs
Originally Posted by the skipper

What pro bowlers other than his line who is mostly locked up for the next few years? Cooper? He disappeared towards the end of the season.

The starting offense for the cowboys had 34 pro bowl appearances, just counting the 10 players other than Dak.

If you can't win with that, you can't win. $35M is pure stupidity.

- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Cowboys were close to deal with Dak [Re: Der Vorsteher] #13431667 02/08/20 09:42 AM
B
BassFever Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted by Der Vorsteher
It wont be top 3 QB money in 4 years, that's my point.

You keep saying to sign him now for way more than he's worth because in 5 years he will be worth it. Makes zero sense The Cowboys have to quit throwing great money to average players.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide