Forums59
Topics1,038,962
Posts13,956,462
Members144,184
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Cowboys were close to deal with Dak [Re: patriot07] #13431293 02/07/20 11:18 PM
K
ko bass attack 27 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
It's time for Dak to move on, it would be nice if Cowboys could trade up and get Joe Burrows.

Re: Cowboys were close to deal with Dak [Re: Der Vorsteher] #13431298 02/07/20 11:20 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by Der Vorsteher
Sign him for that now because in 3 years many other will surpass that, so get it now before QBs start going for 45 a year

That makes entirely too much sense sir.

Re: Cowboys were close to deal with Dak [Re: patriot07] #13431299 02/07/20 11:21 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I’m a little shocked at how many people here are saying it’s time to move on from Dak.

[Linked Image]
Re: Cowboys were close to deal with Dak [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13431318 02/07/20 11:39 PM
M
mattm Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
I’m a little shocked at how many people here are saying it’s time to move on from Dak.

I don't want to move on from Dak. I just don't want to pay the 10-12 best qb in the world like he is the best qb in the world. Especially, since we have a team that can't win more than one playoff game. That sounds like a recipe for average to me. And we made the ridiculous decision to pay Zeke top running back money, that's going to have major consequences if you truly want to be great. Zeke is a fine running back, but for giggles check out what the two superbowl teams were paying their backs.

Re: Cowboys were close to deal with Dak [Re: mattm] #13431320 02/07/20 11:43 PM
M
mattm Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
M
Top 5 running back contracts in the NFL
Zeke (jury still out) won't be good if you pay Dak 40 million
Gurley, will be released after next year. This year if it wasn't for 33 million dead money
D. Johnson, probably cut June 1
L. Bell, almost day 1 regrets from the jets
D. Freeman, Meh

Doesn't matter if Zeke is good or not that contract was a bad idea. Especially, if you have the highest paid offensive line and a pretty good qb looking for 35+ a year.

Re: Cowboys were close to deal with Dak [Re: patriot07] #13431323 02/07/20 11:45 PM
S
Slow Drifter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
I have no knowledge of the inner workings and possible back-room dealings of an NFL contract, but I wonder how much of his demands are being dictated by the players union and his agent vs. Dak himself? I often wonder this when I read about players in contract negotiations. Can the player's union make him demand a certain value based on stats so as not to devalue other QB's also working deals?. He seems like a pretty smart guy, but even smart guys hire plumbers.

SD

[Linked Image]
Re: Cowboys were close to deal with Dak [Re: Slow Drifter] #13431326 02/07/20 11:52 PM
M
mattm Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted by Slow Drifter
I have no knowledge of the inner workings and possible back-room dealings of an NFL contract, but I wonder how much of his demands are being dictated by the players union and his agent vs. Dak himself? I often wonder this when I read about players in contract negotiations. Can the player's union make him demand a certain value based on stats so as not to devalue other QB's also working deals?. He seems like a pretty smart guy, but even smart guys hire plumbers.

What does it matter? The question is do you pay him top 3 qb money if he isn't a top 3 qb. If you say yes, I would love to see where someone paid a top tierish qb top money and it worked out(Flacco, cough, cough)

I don't know what E. Manning was making his last Superbowl, but I'm guessing that is your comp, and that took a WR making his last NFL catch with his helmet. Good luck with that.

Re: Cowboys were close to deal with Dak [Re: mattm] #13431330 02/08/20 12:07 AM
S
Slow Drifter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted by mattm
Originally Posted by Slow Drifter

What does it matter? The question is do you pay him top 3 qb money if he isn't a top 3 qb. If you say yes, I would love to see where someone paid a top tierish qb top money and it worked out(Flacco, cough, cough)

I don't know what E. Manning was making his last Superbowl, but I'm guessing that is your comp, and that took a WR making his last NFL catch with his helmet. Good luck with that.

True, it really doesn't matter who's doing the asking. It's who's doing the paying, if they're willing.

SD

[Linked Image]
Re: Cowboys were close to deal with Dak [Re: patriot07] #13431365 02/08/20 12:46 AM
Der Vorsteher Online Shocked
TFF Guru
Online Shocked
TFF Guru
It wont be top 3 QB money in 4 years, that's my point.

Team Wolfs
Re: Cowboys were close to deal with Dak [Re: Scagnetti] #13431370 02/08/20 12:53 AM
C
CrazyCrappieGuy Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted by Scagnetti
Originally Posted by FishingGuy
Since the Amari Cooper trade, who is the best QB in the league? Brady who? Give me Dak... smile

Originally Posted by FishingGuy
Originally Posted by 2014NITROZ-7
Well this explains why they are signing Brady. GOAT and Super Bowls, #Winning

Yes sir, bring in the GOAT, send Dak packing!

Flip flop much?

What, you think girls are the only ones that can change their mind? Bottom line Dak went 8 and 8 last season, thats cool I still like him, I know he is good, top QB... But he is talking this hold out [censored] if he gets tagged, F that, had enough of that with Elliot last season, send him packing BUT ONLY if you get the GOAT!!

Re: Cowboys were close to deal with Dak [Re: Mark Perry] #13431373 02/08/20 12:55 AM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Its gonna get done. Just business. They broke it down on NFL Network yesterday and really it was impressive in reagrds to how he has stacked up with other top QBs in the league during that time. I was already a Dak fan but this was pretty eye opening especially considering he was a 4th round pick that was not expected to start. They were totally unbiased in their review. He is gonna get paid.

He will suck without all the pro bowlers around him, he has not ever put the team on his back and won a big game, I really like him but he deserves top 10 - 15 QB money, if they pay him more it will be a lot more of the same. Let me ask you this, if Mahomes signs tomorrow for 40M for 5 years you going to pay Dak 41 M for 5 ? He could not carry Mahomes jock strap, there is no comparison between the two, and there are several more QB's better than Dak, going to be interesting to see what they do, I would franchise him and draft another QB.

[Linked Image]
Re: Cowboys were close to deal with Dak [Re: Der Vorsteher] #13431438 02/08/20 02:10 AM
P
patriot07 Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
P
Sign him for that now because in 3 years many other will surpass that, so get it now before QBs start going for 45 a year

He'll just threaten to sit out like he's doing now.

New England seldom has players threaten to hold out, because they know it won't work. It's all about leverage. Right now the cowboys owner is an idiot and gives it all the the players, and his team stinks because of it. If he would tell them to pound sand or play for the tag, he'd have a better team and more respect. As it is now, he has neither.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Cowboys were close to deal with Dak [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13431455 02/08/20 02:30 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak

Everyone thinks a Mahomes is just a draft pick away. Yep, scrap a guy who is pretty good for an unproven rookie that might or might not make it. Great QBs grow on trees. You can easily get them way late in the 1st round. Never mind you have a team in their prime waiting on this superstar rookie. I mean so many rookie QBs have kedteams to a Super Bowl that its a sure thing.

Personally I'm ready to see what McCarthy does to improve Dak. He is on record during the season last year before he got the gig saying he thought Dak was good. Favre thinks so too.

Re: Cowboys were close to deal with Dak [Re: Mark Perry] #13431478 02/08/20 02:46 AM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Everyone thinks a Mahomes is just a draft pick away. Yep, scrap a guy who is pretty good for an unproven rookie that might or might not make it. Great QBs grow on trees. You can easily get them way late in the 1st round. Never mind you have a team in their prime waiting on this superstar rookie. I mean so many rookie QBs have kedteams to a Super Bowl that its a sure thing.

Personally I'm ready to see what McCarthy does to improve Dak. He is on record during the season last year before he got the gig saying he thought Dak was good. Favre thinks so too.

Not only is Dak really good, but a lot of people defend him during the season. When it comes time to pay the man, it’s time to get rid of him. This is an objective opinion and what I’m noticing. It’s shocking.

[Linked Image]
Re: Cowboys were close to deal with Dak [Re: Mark Perry] #13431492 02/08/20 02:52 AM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

That makes entirely too much sense sir.

Not if he is not a franchise QB. I would make him prove it, he aint proven squat yet with a very talented team.

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide