January 2020 - Off to a Great Start! #13428961 02/06/20 04:47 AM
T
TXMulti-Species Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Haven't posted my reports here because I've been too busy catching! roflmao
Joking, school has started back up and I've been slammed. Trying to do my best to get some fishing time in though!

Here's my year so far:

[Linked Image]
First catch of the New Year! Not what I was going for but a great size nonetheless.

[Linked Image]
First Black Bullhead (on rod and reel) at a special spot. I'd picked up babies from small pools after floods but hadn't caught one

[Linked Image]
Not mine but got to witness this gorgeous 18lb Koi! What a fish!

[Linked Image]
Not the biggest fish but any catch from this pond is an accomplishment! I blank here roughly 2/3 of the time, it's a tough place to catch

[Linked Image]
This is why I stick it out through all those blanks though! What a beaut! She looks massive but she's "only" 23lb 4oz

[Linked Image]
Top view of the same fish. I love the looks of the fish here, I've yet to find another place in Texas with such perfect looking Carp

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Check out this chunk! My first ever football, 22in girth and 25in length. Almost completely round, lol.

[Linked Image]
Yellow Bullhead to round out the day.

[Linked Image]
Went on an exploratory mission and didn't find any Carp but found tons of massive Bullheads!

[Linked Image]
Another from the fat Bullhead water. I caught somewhere in between 40-50 of these guys that day.

[Linked Image]
Was contacted by an old friend from church, his son wanted to go fishing but he had no clue where to start. Took 'em out to my ol' faithful spot and hauled! It snowed on us and it was crazy cold but it was well worth it. Thank goodness I brought my bivvy and a space heater! Here I'm showing him how to hold his first ever fish, a tiny Common Carp!

[Linked Image]
Here's Owen's second fish and his first ever Ghost Carp!

[Linked Image]
His dad got to get in on the action as well, his first Carp ever happened to be this gorgeous Ghostie

[Linked Image]
Owen's first ever Smallmouth Buffalo! Just a hair over 20

[Linked Image]
Another Buffalo for Owen

[Linked Image]
His dad Tim's first ever Buffalo!

[Linked Image]
Action shot!

[Linked Image]
Quadruple take! I had a fish chilling out in the water.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
And here she is! My new PB for this lake at 28lbs even. I'd been passing fish all day and I guess I had built up some good karma

[Linked Image]
Here's a double, with an interesting fish!

[Linked Image]
This is one of the coolest Carp I've ever seen, such an interesting pattern and coloration on this guy

[Linked Image]
My buddy Andres with a decent Carp

[Linked Image]
Owen with a nice one!

[Linked Image]
They had already gotten into the mindset of releasing the "little ones" without photos. Lol! Spoiled 'em I guess. We released several fish without pics

[Linked Image]
Tripled up! Action was so fast this day it was ridiculous - I was the only one able to man the rods so most times we didn't have but two or three rods in at once, if any at all! If my dad hadn't have gotten sick and stayed home I'm sure we would've had one of the best fishing days of my career.

Catch and release. The dream - to catch one of every species of Freshwater fish in our great state! If only I can resist Carp...
https://txmultispecies.imgur.com/
[Linked Image]
Re: January 2020 - Off to a Great Start! [Re: TXMulti-Species] #13428962 02/06/20 04:48 AM
T
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
[Linked Image]
Met up with Corbin, a young man I met on Facebook who was interested in catching some Carp. Our first catch was not what we were after but it was a PB! 14lb Blue

[Linked Image]
Put him on his first Buffalo shortly after

[Linked Image]
And his first Carp as well!

[Linked Image]
Breaking PBs!

[Linked Image]
And breaking 'em again! This one was his biggest of the day at 14lbs

[Linked Image]
Caught myself a long but skinny Carp, 14lb 8oz

[Linked Image]
Triple photo - all his!

[Linked Image]
Double for Corbin as well.

[Linked Image]
Ended the day with his PB Carp - 12lbs

[Linked Image]
Met up with Corbin yet again to try and put him on some more PBs! Fishing was really slow but it was nice just to get out.

[Linked Image]
Dad's first fish in 6 months!

[Linked Image]
You know it's slow when we take pictures of little catfish, lol

[Linked Image]
Tony with a spunky little Buffalo!

[Linked Image]
And Corbin with another, I think we had a few more fish but nothing too big. Didn't take pictures of them all

[Linked Image]
Broke my PB (barely) with this absolute beauty of a fish! I was hoping she'd break 30 but she didn't quite cut it. I'm definitely not complaining though! 28lbs even

[Linked Image]
My smallest from this water at 6.5lbs, buddy was shocked I wanted a picture of such a small fish but as I stated above any catch from this place is an accomplishment! They're all gorgeous too

[Linked Image]
Another phenomenal fish, not quite as thick as my PB from earlier but long! 26lbs 8oz.

[Linked Image]
Capped the day off with this lovely 24lber.

Catch and release. The dream - to catch one of every species of Freshwater fish in our great state! If only I can resist Carp...
[Linked Image]
Re: January 2020 - Off to a Great Start! [Re: TXMulti-Species] #13428967 02/06/20 04:54 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Awesome start to a new year. Super post with some super fish as always. Good job. rockon

Side Note: Those are some FAT Bull Heads! coolio

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: January 2020 - Off to a Great Start! [Re: TXMulti-Species] #13428972 02/06/20 05:04 AM
T
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Thanks Banker! cheers

[Linked Image]
Re: January 2020 - Off to a Great Start! [Re: TXMulti-Species] #13429494 02/06/20 05:36 PM
C
Curt0407 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
C
Love the ghosties. Those bull heads were some of the largest I have seen.

Re: January 2020 - Off to a Great Start! [Re: TXMulti-Species] #13429544 02/06/20 06:09 PM
Dfitz Offline
"Nice Guy"
"Nice Guy"
Nice Pics TXMS thumb

Don't worry about the mule, just load the cart
[Linked Image]
Re: January 2020 - Off to a Great Start! [Re: TXMulti-Species] #13429966 02/07/20 12:24 AM
T
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Thanks Curt and Dfitz! cheers

[Linked Image]
Re: January 2020 - Off to a Great Start! [Re: TXMulti-Species] #13448523 02/23/20 03:22 PM
G
Gitter Done Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Yes Sir you are off to a GREAT start to 2020. Looking forward to reading and seeing your 2020 post and catches.

Re: January 2020 - Off to a Great Start! [Re: TXMulti-Species] #13448568 02/23/20 04:07 PM
O
Osbornfishing Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O
You have already caught some great fish this year. Keep the pictures coming.

Re: January 2020 - Off to a Great Start! [Re: TXMulti-Species] #13480053 03/20/20 03:36 PM
C
CurlyTailFishing Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Nice pics Finely! Awesome start to the year (I know I’m late !) awesome koi cyclop

Some massive sized commons you are catching, I’m finding it pretty hard to top my 20# Pb but I caught a twenty early January and tied my Pb it was a hard fightin fish. Caught it by myself and took a picture. I liked the top view pic of that common! It really showed the shoulders on it, nice healthy fish!

Give a man a fish he can eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend!
[Linked Image]
Re: January 2020 - Off to a Great Start! [Re: TXMulti-Species] #13480887 03/21/20 12:45 AM
T
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Thanks Gitter, Osborn, and Andrew! Andrew, once we get past this virus business I'll take you to a spot where if you get lucky enough to catch one you'll most likely break your PB fish

[Linked Image]
Re: January 2020 - Off to a Great Start! [Re: TXMulti-Species] #13483276 03/23/20 12:01 AM
P
pop r Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
P
Awesome job and solid post! clap

Re: January 2020 - Off to a Great Start! [Re: TXMulti-Species] #13483687 03/23/20 05:40 AM
C
CurlyTailFishing Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
I’ve spent the majority of my quarantine either fishing or tying rigs. I tied a slew of rigs today, I am eager to try them. With no end in sight to this thing, and the industry I am currently in being the restaurant industry, I have nothing but time on my hands with the current status of my job being temporarily closed. I hope to catch a couple of nice fish during this time. This past week I have fished in Coppell at Andrew, and at White Rock’s Dreyfuss Pt. Real flooded banks at White Rock earlier in the week. Tough conditions, either no wind, or too much. Blanked both trips

Give a man a fish he can eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend!
[Linked Image]
Re: January 2020 - Off to a Great Start! [Re: TXMulti-Species] #13498177 04/02/20 04:28 AM
B
Bickerton Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
B
thanks for sharing great photos.wish you guys were here in San Antonio.Looks like you have a lot of fun and camraderie..I have just started carping in the San Antonio River and caught 25 around 10 pounds in the first 4 weeks..Can't say skill was involved,mainly luck at the moment

Last edited by Bickerton; 04/02/20 04:33 AM.
Re: January 2020 - Off to a Great Start! [Re: Bickerton] #13498187 04/02/20 04:47 AM
T
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Thanks pop r!
Originally Posted by Bickerton
thanks for sharing great photos.wish you guys were here in San Antonio.Looks like you have a lot of fun and camraderie..I have just started carping in the San Antonio River and caught 25 around 10 pounds in the first 4 weeks..Can't say skill was involved,mainly luck at the moment

Thanks man! 25 is a pretty good haul for just getting started, it took me around 30 hours of actual fishing time to catch my first Carp - lol. Are you using the European methods (method mix/packbait with a hair rig)?

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide