Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Ott Defoe [Re: slim 285] #13423008 02/01/20 02:15 AM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted by slim 285
Ott was one of the young ones that would have had a great career with B.A.S.S. I am doubtful he can can get that with Mo Little Fish..

He finished 16th in the standings, having missed 1 complete tournament due for medical reasons. He made $66k and qualified for 2 of the 4 Cup events.

[Linked Image]

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Ott Defoe [Re: J.H.S.] #13423014 02/01/20 02:19 AM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I was enjoying this thread. Talking Ott, tours, some things I would like to see in the future maybe, and then he shows up.

Re: Ott Defoe [Re: SAKS] #13423027 02/01/20 02:36 AM
M
machoblanco61 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
Originally Posted by SAKS
I was enjoying this thread. Talking Ott, tours, some things I would like to see in the future maybe, and then he shows up.

^^^this^^^
Ott is and will continue to have a stellar career.

Re: Ott Defoe [Re: SAKS] #13423076 02/01/20 03:32 AM
sdavis24 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Just thinking about this the powers that be would be smart if they looked at the professional golf model. There is a level of cooperation and collaboration between the USGA, R&A, and PGA. All the tours in professional fishing should be able to come to some agreement that would allow the best of the tours to come together and fish at least a couple of tournaments together the way golf does the majors. The Classic would definitely be the equivalent of the Masters. That way past champions could automatically fish if they choose. This is the one aspect I do not like about the split.
One of the more intriguing posts I've read on the subject. It would be fun as a fan if it developed into that.

Re: Ott Defoe [Re: sdavis24] #13423189 02/01/20 12:43 PM
D
Dan21XRS Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by sdavis24
Just thinking about this the powers that be would be smart if they looked at the professional golf model. There is a level of cooperation and collaboration between the USGA, R&A, and PGA. All the tours in professional fishing should be able to come to some agreement that would allow the best of the tours to come together and fish at least a couple of tournaments together the way golf does the majors. The Classic would definitely be the equivalent of the Masters. That way past champions could automatically fish if they choose. This is the one aspect I do not like about the split.
One of the more intriguing posts I've read on the subject. It would be fun as a fan if it developed into that.

Not naming names (because I'd hate to he labeled a "hater") but there's a group of guys (BD, GK, GH, EE, TH, SR and a few more) who've burned a few bridges... As long as they're in decision making positions it'll never happen... Dan

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: Ott Defoe [Re: J.H.S.] #13423279 02/01/20 02:38 PM
ssmith Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
if bass let him show up an fish like everybody else that followed the rules spent their time an money on the trail to qualify it would be a train wreck if you start bending the rules then why have them. these guys are grown men that made a business decision they need to live with it or do like some are doing buy themselves out.

Re: Ott Defoe [Re: Big O Florida] #13423290 02/01/20 02:44 PM
fivebites Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Those from within who listen to this man, or go to him and ask for a hall pass so they can meet their sponsors expectations will pay the price. Those who continue to drink that kool-aid will bring about their own demise. An article from spring of 2019 shines the agenda of MLF brightly. It’s interesting how the Redcrest was cancelled for 2020 considering his lofty statements.

http://www.bassfan.com/news_article...ers-working-20-classic-expo#.XjSvDC9Omf0

I'VE FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT!!! Big O. It's a double entendre!! Big O has to be a lady. One of Duckett's ex wives or a jilted ex girlfriend. The one who Duckett could never give the "BIG O" to!! Nothing as dangerous as a woman scorned!

2019 Chevy Tahoe
2018 Basscat Eyra 250 Proxs
PB Wife of 32 years!
PB Largemouth 9.56 Ray Roberts
Re: Ott Defoe [Re: Dan21XRS] #13423307 02/01/20 03:00 PM
Neal G Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Dan21XRS
Not naming names (because I'd hate to he labeled a "hater") but there's a group of guys (BD, GK, GH, EE, TH, SR and a few more) who've burned a few bridges... As long as they're in decision making positions it'll never happen... Dan

Yep and another two from Texas but Ott is a good man & very good angler. Too bad he hooked up with some of these guys.

Re: Ott Defoe [Re: Dan21XRS] #13423319 02/01/20 03:10 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Dan21XRS
Originally Posted by sdavis24

Over time bridges can be rebuilt.

Re: Ott Defoe [Re: J.H.S.] #13423327 02/01/20 03:16 PM
H2O Seeker Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Josh Seale
I got ya. I was trying to multi-task and skimmed over that part. You think he would have fished if eligible?

Yes..absolutely.

[Linked Image]
Grateful for every sunrise and sunset I get to witness. - Jason
Re: Ott Defoe [Re: J.H.S.] #13423983 02/02/20 05:04 AM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
BassFan Article, DeFoe: Clearing The Air

Perspective

By Ott DeFoe
2019 Bassmaster Classic champion

“Perspective.” Merriam-Webster.com (noun): the capacity to view things in their true relations or relative importance.

Perspective – that’s the word for 2019. We – Jennie and I – developed a whole new perspective last year that we have carried into 2020. We learned so much in 2019.

One thing we learned is that there are a lot of fishing fans out there. There are fans of television icons Bill Dance, Roland Martin, and Jimmy Houston, as well as fans of The Bass Pros on Outdoor Channel and my television show, The Hunt for Monster Bass. There are fans of the Bassmaster Classic and certainly fans of Major League Fishing.

Times are great in fishing these days for anglers, fans, and companies. We can all watch more fishing programming than ever. When I was recovering from heart surgery last year, I got to watch every minute of the Bass Pro Tour event on Lake Winnebago. I learned a lot and I found it very entertaining, too. I watched my friends competing over at Bassmaster during my recovery time as well.

So many people have reached out and offered congratulations on the Classic win as well as prayers and support for the heart surgery and recovery. Honestly, the heart surgery response was the biggest outpouring of support of all. That fact changed our perspective. Bass fishing fans are some of the finest people who walk the earth.

One question that has been hanging out there is whether or not I’ll be fishing the Bassmaster Classic on Guntersville this year.

I will not be fishing. It is not any single tournament organization’s fault, either. It was ultimately my decision. When we chose to fish the Bass Pro Tour instead of the Elite Series, we knew this would be the last Classic I would qualify for. Per B.A.S.S. rules, you must fish the Elite Series in order to receive your automatic berth for the next year.

Not fishing it this year makes me appreciate the win in Knoxville even more. I can always say I won it. My name will be on the trophy from here on out.

But you know what? Trophies fade. Titles lose importance. People forget. Money gets spent. Accolades become ancient history. I’m reminded of a passage from the book of Matthew, chapter 6: "But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.”

There will be a new Classic winner this year. I know for a fact that it’s a career-changer. My hope is we will grow the Bass Pro Tour’s championship to be a career-changer as well. That will take some time and a lot of effort, but we are excited to have the opportunity to be along for the journey.

I plan to be in Birmingham to hand off the trophy. When Jordan Lee handed it to me, he said two things – “this thing is heavy, and throw away your phone.” It was indeed heavy, but I decided to hang onto my phone. I’ve met a lot of great people this year and had a lot of great conversations, both in-person and on that phone.

I’ll be at the Expo on Sunday and welcome anyone to stop by and say hello.

11 a.m. – Bass Pro Shops/Nitro
12 p.m. – Mercury
1 p.m. – Humminbird/Minn Kota
2 p.m. – Mossy Oak

In a year filled with blessings, gaining more perspective was the biggest one of 2019.

“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” Matthew 6:33.

[Linked Image]

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: Ott Defoe [Re: SAKS] #13424174 02/02/20 02:21 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B

I think the owners and participating fishermen of MLF did look at professional golf and said if golfers control their television exposure and advertiser/venue income, why can't we do the same instead of having to fish for own entry fees...

Re: Ott Defoe [Re: beartrap] #13424221 02/02/20 03:02 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by beartrap

I think the owners and participating fishermen of MLF did look at professional golf and said if golfers control their television exposure and advertiser/venue income, why can't we do the same instead of having to fish for own entry fees...

Maybe in that aspect they did but that’s not what I am talking about. There are 4 tournaments in professional golf that put aside tour affiliations to come together and host a tournament with top golfers from each along with amateur invites. That is the kind of cooperation I am referring to. It won’t happen overnight or maybe never will happen (that would be a shame) but that is future I am hoping to see.

Re: Ott Defoe [Re: SAKS] #13424436 02/02/20 06:40 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B

Maybe in that aspect they did but that’s not what I am talking about. There are 4 tournaments in professional golf that put aside tour affiliations to come together and host a tournament with top golfers from each along with amateur invites. That is the kind of cooperation I am referring to. It won’t happen overnight or maybe never will happen (that would be a shame) but that is future I am hoping to see.

with MLF owning FLW,probably a "super bowl" with pros from different trails is closer to happening now than ever has been....

Re: Ott Defoe [Re: beartrap] #13424700 02/03/20 12:45 AM
slim 285 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity

with MLF owning FLW,probably a "super bowl" with pros from different trails is closer to happening now than ever has been....

With MLF owning FLW seems like that is just one in the same.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide