texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,008
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,320
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,323
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,876
Posts13,954,640
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Every good adventure starts somewhere... #13420739 01/30/20 01:37 AM
🍀El Gato Azul🍀 Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
My greatest adventures were all born from dreams. My good buddy Littlefeather calls it the 4th world and says “Here inside the 4th world is a secretive little place where the mind roams free and eloquent dreams are born.“ I say it’s the very place in which there are no limits to what can be achieved and where you are free to conjure up and live out your wildest of adventures. It’s this place in which every good adventure I’ve been a part of was birthed. When I was 8 I dreamed of racing my motorcycle for a living and catching fish as big as a toaster. In my 20s I dreamed of Bikinis mostly and as I hit my 30s I focused on career and found myself in the 4th world less and less. Now as I hit my mid 40s I find myself in the 4th world more and more just like I was a kid again. I drift off and dream of catching man sized fish and making memories that could only be conjured up in the 4th world. I daydream of heavy nets of magnum Gizzard Shad. I drift off and think of shad balls on my sonar with submarines parked under them. I envision crossing bends in the channel and my rod tip going down like I hung a jet ski going by. When I snap back to planet earth I’m overwhelmed with the need to make my dream a reality. This usually occurs about 2-3 weeks before my adventures ever start. This is only the beginning and where the planning begins....

2 weeks out and I’m starting to look at my long range weather forecast..I see the right weather pattern and I start inviting buddies to go on an adventure fist come first serve...oh yea, and by the way, my 4yr old wild aced boy will be tagging along!

1 week out and I’m reaching out to all my credible fishing contacts and gathering as much intel on the lake as I can. I make my overnight accommodations and I watch the weather like a hawk. I study my topo for prospective fishing areas and start formulating a fishing plan...I check all my equipment and make sure everything is in tip top shape. Boat is pretty much ready to roll. All I need.are groceries and bait...

Today is now Wednesday, 4 days out from game time, and I’m in and out of the 4th world with what seems like half the day...I go over plan of attack with fishing partner and make adjustments to my game plan according to weather. The clock seems to creep by slower and slower. I start prepping my clothes and packable gear tonight and put together a grocery list...Tonight I will drift off to sleep in the 4th world where everyone on my boat is hugging 50 lbrs and doing victory dances!

More to come as adventure unfolds....The High Plains Drifters>>>>cowboy biker taz

Last edited by 🌊El Gato Azul🌊; 01/30/20 04:03 PM.

There is a fine line between fishing and floating around like an idiot!!
texas Check out out my YouTube channel El Gato Azul TV texas
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0aV-uOxzxKxeqFFfREzKg
⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️ Home of little boys holding big catfish! ⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Every good adventure starts somewhere... [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13420848 01/30/20 03:15 AM
B
Blue Blazer 2400 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
I know how you feel. I day dream all the time about fishing. My wife gets annoyed. Haha

Good luck this weekend. Get your boy on a toad.

Re: Every good adventure starts somewhere... [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13420866 01/30/20 03:36 AM
Capt. Michael Littlejohn Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Not everyone gets it, thumb

Michael Littlejohn's Full-Time Lake Tawakoni Guide Service
www.tawakoniguideservice.com
Click HERE for Recent CATCH Photos!

Re: Every good adventure starts somewhere... [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13420882 01/30/20 03:56 AM
B
BigPoppa007 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Me Too..... but my Boat is Down....Lower Unit in garage ........waiting on parts - frown ....... Stupid 1991 Mariner 115 - many Parts are Obsolete......... doing a Half Arse Fix and getting back into some Bigguns........ fish

Last edited by BigPoppa007; 01/30/20 03:59 AM.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Every good adventure starts somewhere... [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13420973 01/30/20 11:10 AM
S
serj5150 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Almost 50 now and I spend more and more time in the 4th world and love it..LOL!!!I don't think I have ever been as creative with fishing and projects in my entire life as I have been at this age..I thought it was just some weird phase I was going through but thanks for putting this into perspective E.G.!! banana...I'm definitely enjoying the ride!! thumb

Checkout my Youtube channel for tips and techniques on
crappie and catfish
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKsHpQ1vQP7HRC_sw0fXopQ?view_as=subscriber
Re: Every good adventure starts somewhere... [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13421065 01/30/20 01:20 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Last night I drifted off to sleep with visions of double takedowns in my head and fish so big they don’t fit in the net! Now its Thursday morning 6 am and I awoke to the 4th world still running wild In my head. I wake and the first thing I do is check my weather app. 20-30 mph High winds expected Monday and we’ll have to make some adjustment to fish those conditions. Today I will double check my 10 ft drift sock and check the weather app at least a dozen times. I got a feelin It’s gonna be another long day spent drifting in and out of the 4th world...lucky I’m self employed and it’s my slow time of year or I would fire myself! Lol

Re: Every good adventure starts somewhere... [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13421102 01/30/20 02:04 PM
L
Littlefeather Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
Preparation is not only an event that occurs leading up to a fish hunt but actually an intricate part of the entire event. The 4th World is the very place where the excitement, the preparation, and the dreams of the upcoming fish hunt become vivid with color and unbridled clarity. With the only rules for navigation in the 4th World being limited by my own ability to dream, i’ll dream the largest dreams imaginable! Why wouldn’t I dream? This is after-all, an entry from the 4th World! thumb

Those who dance are considered mad by those who cannot hear the music.
Re: Every good adventure starts somewhere... [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13421413 01/30/20 05:12 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
The preparation process is a huge part of the equation Curtis and is often overlooked by the casual fisherman. It’s a process that is ongoing throughout the entire year for the serious angler and as we get more experienced with each scenario in life we get a little better at the preparation process. Some guys hate restringing and re-rigging everything but for me the preparation is part of the ritual and I embrace it. Does a Samurai warrior dislike inspecting his armor and sharpening his blades before he goes off to war? Does he inspect his arrow tips and shafts and admire their perfection? Does the Samurai prepare his horse in which he rides into battle on? ....my boat stays ready to fish year round but when I’m getting ready for a travel fishing adventure my level of preparation increases 10 fold. Like the mighty Samurai, I will be prepared when I ride into battle! azn

Last edited by 🌊El Gato Azul🌊; 01/30/20 06:34 PM.

Re: Every good adventure starts somewhere... [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13421419 01/30/20 05:19 PM
F
Fishin' Nut Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
My new to me boat is in the shop for prep and maintenance work. This will be my first time to have a boat with a trolling motor. I have been marking spots on the Tennessee River for three months that I previously could not properly fish. 2020 will hopefully be the start of a new way to fish for me.

Originally Posted by OTFF
He is truly a sick individual.
Re: Every good adventure starts somewhere... [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13421664 01/30/20 08:58 PM
S
serj5150 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Originally Posted by 🌊El Gato Azul🌊
The preparation process is a huge part of the equation Curtis and is often overlooked by the casual fisherman. It’s a process that is ongoing throughout the entire year for the serious angler and as we get more experienced with each scenario in life we get a little better at the preparation process. Some guys hate restringing and re-rigging everything but for me the preparation is part of the ritual and I embrace it. Does a Samurai warrior dislike inspecting his armor and sharpening his blades before he goes off to war? Does he inspect his arrow tips and shafts and admire their perfection? Does the Samurai prepare his horse in which he rides into battle on? ....my boat stays ready to fish year round but when I’m getting ready for a travel fishing adventure my level of preparation increases 10 fold. Like the mighty Samurai, I will be prepared when I ride into battle! azn

thumbYup if I ain't fishing I'm prepping to fish thumb.....Great excitement to getting your rig how you want to fish Fish'in nut banana

Checkout my Youtube channel for tips and techniques on
crappie and catfish
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKsHpQ1vQP7HRC_sw0fXopQ?view_as=subscriber
Re: Every good adventure starts somewhere... [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13421878 01/31/20 12:42 AM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
It’s now Thursday evening..final preparations are under way. Got done with work early today and got the oil changed in my truck. Picked up a handle of Proper Twelve Whisky and some groceries for the trip. Checked the hubs on the boat trailer and checked the oil in the boat. All I gotta do is throw my son and my stuff in the truck and make a bait run Saturday morning, then we’re on the road...I managed to get quite a bit of work done today in spite of the 4th world interference most of the day. Tonight I will test the Proper Twelve Whisky for potency and drift off to the 4th world where dreams are made and records are broken...hope to see y’all there! texas cowboy texas

Re: Every good adventure starts somewhere... [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13421931 01/31/20 01:46 AM
B
BigPoppa007 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Where you Headed . ?

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Every good adventure starts somewhere... [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13422110 01/31/20 04:52 AM
B
BigPoppa007 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
I been Daydreaming about this kind of trip :

And This

Last edited by BigPoppa007; 01/31/20 05:53 AM.

Re: Every good adventure starts somewhere... [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13422115 01/31/20 04:58 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Originally Posted by 🌊El Gato Azul🌊
It’s now Thursday evening..final preparations are under way. Got done with work early today and got the oil changed in my truck. Picked up a handle of Proper Twelve Whisky and some groceries for the trip. Checked the hubs on the boat trailer and checked the oil in the boat. All I gotta do is throw my son and my stuff in the truck and make a bait run Saturday morning, then we’re on the road...I managed to get quite a bit of work done today in spite of the 4th world interference most of the day. Tonight I will test the Proper Twelve Whisky for potency and drift off to the 4th world where dreams are made and records are broken...hope to see y’all there! texas cowboy texas

Let us know how you do! thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Every good adventure starts somewhere... [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13422176 01/31/20 12:42 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
We’re going to the place where the river bends among the red sand hills Big Poppa...where the Indians once ruled the land and where dreams of catching catfish as big as a 4yr old boy come true...

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide