Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Will MLF screw up FLW [Re: MagFluker] #13420062 01/29/20 03:15 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by MagFluker
Thinning out the sponsor money. Why wouldn't MLF go for something new to the fishing industry like Ford or GM? There are better tow vehicles out there than the Tundra

I don't know, why doesn't someone call Ford and GM at the corporate level and ask them why they don't support the outdoors category and most importantly fishing? That's a really good question Fluker.

For now we'll all be thankful that Toyota does...

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Will MLF screw up FLW [Re: Mark Jones] #13420088 01/29/20 03:39 PM
M
MagFluker Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
I thought it was a valid, thought provoking question. Phoenix boats made a Chevy edition 921. Ranger made a Nascar edition at one point. It's an avenue that I would like to see the industry go down. Toyota does contingency money for the weekend angler. If you bring in Ford, GM or Ram, that can only help the little guy and grow the sport as is liked to be said.

Moritz Chevrolet supports Texas Anglers as well (the ad literally popped up after I posted this comment) roflmao

Last edited by MagFluker; 01/29/20 03:42 PM.

Kyle in NC

PB 11.1

Re: Will MLF screw up FLW [Re: MagFluker] #13420110 01/29/20 03:50 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I thought it was a valid, thought provoking question. Phoenix boats made a Chevy edition 921. Ranger made a Nascar edition at one point. It's an avenue that I would like to see the industry go down. Toyota does contingency money for the weekend angler. If you bring in Ford, GM or Ram, that can only help the little guy and grow the sport as is liked to be said.

It is, I wasn't being flip. You see those others support a TV show here or there or do something at the local level, example Moritz here in D/FW but on a national level against one of the professional leagues they don't any longer. Toyota's ability to dig in with FLW around Bonus Bucks is going to play out well for them and the anglers that support the Series and Toyota.

Re: Will MLF screw up FLW [Re: Mark Jones] #13420182 01/29/20 04:40 PM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by Mark Jones

It is, I wasn't being flip. You see those others support a TV show here or there or do something at the local level, example Moritz here in D/FW but on a national level against one of the professional leagues they don't any longer. Toyota's ability to dig in with FLW around Bonus Bucks is going to play out well for them and the anglers that support the Series and Toyota.

Do you think it really makes a difference to the weekend angler?
I think that guys are going to purchase what they want to tow with and get the best deal they can on that vehicle. I use my truck(s) for so much more than pulling a boat that it never really factors in when purchasing. I'm also not a brand specific guy, I work in the industry and but what I get the best deal on. I've owned them all and currently run Dodge.
Ford is the number one selling 1/2 ton truck in the nation (for a long time now), do you think they worry about Toyota getting into their pocket because of fishermen?

Re: Will MLF screw up FLW [Re: beartrap] #13420241 01/29/20 05:22 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by beartrap

that explains that thumping noise I heard earlier...it was Big O's jaw hitting the floor......

roflmao

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: Will MLF screw up FLW [Re: Txduckhunter] #13420274 01/29/20 05:54 PM
M
MagFluker Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted by Txduckhunter

Do you think it really makes a difference to the weekend angler?
I think that guys are going to purchase what they want to tow with and get the best deal they can on that vehicle. I use my truck(s) for so much more than pulling a boat that it never really factors in when purchasing. I'm also not a brand specific guy, I work in the industry and but what I get the best deal on. I've owned them all and currently run Dodge.
Ford is the number one selling 1/2 ton truck in the nation (for a long time now), do you think they worry about Toyota getting into their pocket because of fishermen?

No, I don't think the consumer buys a truck depending on contingency money. But, if your current vehicle manufacturer had a program that made you some money if you won a tournament or placed high, wouldn't it be nice?

And no Toyota is not moving the needle against any of the big 3 due to advertising with a fishing organization. Advertising dollars are good for the tournament organzation, I just figure they look into a different vehicle manufacturer rather than siphon more off Toyota

Kyle in NC

PB 11.1

Re: Will MLF screw up FLW [Re: slim 285] #13420297 01/29/20 06:13 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Gents, let’s leave the strategy and insights work up to Toyota and their marketing team and agencies. They’ve been in the category for a long time and understand whether or not they’re converting and growing market share against these programs.

Again, I’m simply thankful they support the category and there are anglers who feel the same and take advantage of their programs and opportunities.

Re: Will MLF screw up FLW [Re: MagFluker] #13420329 01/29/20 06:37 PM
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Thinning out the sponsor money. Why wouldn't MLF go for something new to the fishing industry like Ford or GM? There are better tow vehicles out there than the Tundra

How do you know they didn't try? I am sure they would take money from anyone willing to donate but it has to be advantageous to the other companies and evidently those companies don't believe the return is worth the investment.

Re: Will MLF screw up FLW [Re: slim 285] #13420390 01/29/20 07:36 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
years ago Chevrolet was a big sponsor of Redman?BFL tournaments...this was probably 4-5 years after Chevrolet had become a sponsor and one day I was talking to one their tournament directors and he mentioned he had counted the brands of trucks in the parking lot during the tournament that day...he went on to say that Chevrolet's share of the tournament fishermans market had grown dramatically and as I recall it had increased from about 40% to over 70%...
not sure how significant that is to the overall market but personally I've always tried to buy sponsors of bass fishing tournaments products....

Re: Will MLF screw up FLW [Re: Bobby Milam] #13420416 01/29/20 07:56 PM
M
MagFluker Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted by Bobby Milam

How do you know they didn't try? I am sure they would take money from anyone willing to donate but it has to be advantageous to the other companies and evidently those companies don't believe the return is worth the investment.

Not saying they didn't try. I wish I knew if they did, it would show me that they are thinking outside of the current sponsor box. Toyota as a sponsor of bass fishing isn't huge news.

Kyle in NC

PB 11.1

Re: Will MLF screw up FLW [Re: MagFluker] #13420432 01/29/20 08:09 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

Not saying they didn't try. I wish I knew if they did, it would show me that they are thinking outside of the current sponsor box. Toyota as a sponsor of bass fishing isn't huge news.

Over half of their sponsors are non-endemic, they are certainly thinking outside the box and yes the news of Toyota joining them is big news because it's a big partnership for the leagues.

Re: Will MLF screw up FLW [Re: slim 285] #13420439 01/29/20 08:13 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Toyota has been affiliated with fishing for so many years, I’m not sure you can say they are completely non-endemic. How many years have they been associated with Share a lunker, quite a few.

Nice trucks and it’s cool that they spend their money in something associated with my hobby, but until they can get their fuel mileage up, I won’t be buying one.

Re: Will MLF screw up FLW [Re: beartrap] #13420461 01/29/20 08:38 PM
C
Chris_K Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted by beartrap

that explains that thumping noise I heard earlier...it was Big O's jaw hitting the floor......

roflmao

Re: Will MLF screw up FLW [Re: Mark Jones] #13420482 01/29/20 09:06 PM
M
MagFluker Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M

Over half of their sponsors are non-endemic, they are certainly thinking outside the box and yes the news of Toyota joining them is big news because it's a big partnership for the leagues.

Toyota as a sponsor is not outside the box.

Kyle in NC

PB 11.1

Re: Will MLF screw up FLW [Re: grout-scout] #13420485 01/29/20 09:09 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Toyota has been affiliated with fishing for so many years, I’m not sure you can say they are completely non-endemic. How many years have they been associated with Share a lunker, quite a few.

Nice trucks and it’s cool that they spend their money in something associated with my hobby, but until they can get their fuel mileage up, I won’t be buying one.

Toyota is most definitely a non endemic and arguably the largest of the national brands in our space but I get your point. They are also hands down the largest spender. There are 25+ other non-endemics on the MLF/FLW side and many with BASS as well. It takes both to make this thing work for the leagues.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide