Forums59
Topics1,037,798
Posts13,934,681
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: MLF Confirms Redcrest Will be Early 2021 [Re: Chris_K] #13419243 01/28/20 08:07 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Chris_K
Originally Posted by machoblanco61
Everything I have posted has been found on the internet. What you may deem promotional has been nothing more than countering disingenuous information often espoused by folks who run with half information. As stated, all information rendered by Macho is public information. Just following the talkers in the industry and seeking the real story. Macho has equal admiration for BASS & FLW. If the mud was slung at them, I’d say so too. Granted, sometimes it may come across with a little sarcastic comment, but the often posted “theories” and accusations are comical at times themselves.
Macho has nothing to sell here.

Why are you referring to yourself in 3rd person?

Lol, I'll take third person over Seminole Wind every single time...

Re: MLF Confirms Redcrest Will be Early 2021 [Re: machoblanco61] #13419247 01/28/20 08:11 PM
H2O Seeker Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
coffee popcorn

How long can it go?

[Linked Image]
Grateful for every sunrise and sunset I get to witness. - Jason
Re: MLF Confirms Redcrest Will be Early 2021 [Re: fouzman] #13419250 01/28/20 08:12 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by fouzman
Which championship purchases have they "skimmed"? If you're talking about purses that went away with the purchase of FLW by BPT. That's how business works, sometime. My company bought another company many years ago. My company has a max of five weeks vacation. The company we bought had a max of 6 weeks vacation. Guess what happened to that sixth week of vacation when we bought the other company. Poof! Gone.

Companies buy other companies all the time and don't carry on business the same way the company that got bought did. It's just a fact of business life. If you don't like it, start your own fishing league.

Let me make this a little easier for you. Original 2020 BPT schedule. 8 events plus Redcrest which paid out $739,000 for a total of 9 events.

New 2020 BPT schedule. 8 events plus Heavy Hitters which pays out $745,000 for a total of 9 events.

Again, BPT added $6,000 in 2020 prize money.

Please explain to me how BPT ran off with tournament purse money when they've increased the payout for 2020?

Me bets that 6th week of vacation didn’t just go poof gone without giving the existing employees opportunity to utilize what was part of their compensation package from the company that actually hired them... if you got away with doing that, it’s called wage theft and a many a unscrupulous unethical characters have been penalized heavily for pulling that [censored]. Changing it after a certain amount of time was given for people to utilize is different.

And yes, if you count the Forest Wood Cup and the Redcrest, that’s 2 championship tournament purses that have been skimmed away from the anglers who qualified for those promised or implied events.

At this juncture, there have been so many changes to the structure and programming at BPT that I don’t think MLF would have a chance in hell of enforcing the $25k per year buyout clause they have hanging over everyone's head. The smart anglers might find it better to just up and leave than to continue on with all the shadiness going on.

Re: MLF Confirms Redcrest Will be Early 2021 [Re: Big O Florida] #13419276 01/28/20 08:25 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Which championship purchases have they "skimmed"? If you're talking about purses that went away with the purchase of FLW by BPT. That's how business works, sometime. My company bought another company many years ago. My company has a max of five weeks vacation. The company we bought had a max of 6 weeks vacation. Guess what happened to that sixth week of vacation when we bought the other company. Poof! Gone.

Companies buy other companies all the time and don't carry on business the same way the company that got bought did. It's just a fact of business life. If you don't like it, start your own fishing league.

Let me make this a little easier for you. Original 2020 BPT schedule. 8 events plus Redcrest which paid out $739,000 for a total of 9 events.

New 2020 BPT schedule. 8 events plus Heavy Hitters which pays out $745,000 for a total of 9 events.

Please explain to me how BPT ran off with tournament purse money when they've increased the payout for 2020?

Me bets that 6th week of vacation didn’t just go poof gone without giving the existing employees opportunity to utilize what was part of their compensation package from the company that actually hired them... if you got away with doing that, it’s called wage theft and a many a unscrupulous unethical characters have been penalized heavily for pulling that [censored]. Changing it after a certain amount of time was given for people to utilize is different.

And yes, if you count the Forest Wood Cup and the Redcrest, that’s 2 championship tournament purses that have been skimmed away from the anglers who qualified for those promised or implied events.

At this juncture, there have been so many changes to the structure and programming at BPT that I don’t think MLF would have a chance in hell of enforcing the $25k per year buyout clause they have hanging over everyone's head. The smart anglers might find it better to just up and leave than to continue on with all the shadiness going on.

But the redcrest money didn't go away. They just moved the date

Re: MLF Confirms Redcrest Will be Early 2021 [Re: Big O Florida] #13419280 01/28/20 08:29 PM
Walls Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

How can you possibly keep repeating the same thing? Forest Wood Cup was only promised or implied by FLW- the company that sold out to MLF and is no longer.

Re: MLF Confirms Redcrest Will be Early 2021 [Re: Walls] #13419303 01/28/20 08:46 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by WALLS

How can you possibly keep repeating the same thing? Forest Wood Cup was only promised or implied by FLW- the company that sold out to MLF and is no longer.

The FW Cup championship tournament was already in the schedule and programming and dues and entry fees for all of 2019 had been paid and applied to the purse. Furthermore, the business in general only changed in name only. Same employees, same building locations, etc... the cancellation of that tournament was never announced prior to collecting fees either. If you want an example of how the precedent was set by MLF on what to do look no further than how the situation was handled with the Bass Federation League and the 2019 winner of the living the dream package; clumsily as it was. That kid and group had FLW commitments already in pipeline honored and the FW cup is no different, with exception of the amount of money promised to the anglers.

Re: MLF Confirms Redcrest Will be Early 2021 [Re: machoblanco61] #13419306 01/28/20 08:47 PM
206champion Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
It makes no difference to me when they hold it I will watch if I can,

Re: MLF Confirms Redcrest Will be Early 2021 [Re: Big O Florida] #13419318 01/28/20 08:56 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah

Dang man, I can explain things to you, but I cannot learn them for you.

Redcrest purse has not gone away. It's been moved to 2021. It was REPLACED by the Heavy Hitters event with an even higher payout.

But now, we understand what you're really whizzed about. The Forest Wood Cup. Well, that's business.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: MLF Confirms Redcrest Will be Early 2021 [Re: machoblanco61] #13419320 01/28/20 08:58 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Here's the good news Big O. Last week at the event on Rayburn the MLF leadership team met with all of the FLW Pro Circuit anglers and provided them complete transparency and insight into the FLW acquisition, as well as, the new changes planned for 2020. They did Q&A with the entire group for almost an hour, as well as, spent extended time with the angler leadership board. Not one single angler left the event or backed out, in fact the vast majority verbally expressed their appreciation for the transparency shown. In addition, the FLW Series anglers are signing up daily and the BFL's are setting 20 year all time records for participation.

What you need to be able to read from the above is that everyone else but you has moved on. The anglers paid their entry fees for 2020 and they're off and firing at em. They couldn't possibly care less about your digital crusade or what happened in the past. They've voted with their registrations and they're voting in large numbers.

END OF STORY

Re: MLF Confirms Redcrest Will be Early 2021 [Re: Big O Florida] #13419330 01/28/20 09:00 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by WALLS

The FW Cup championship tournament was already in the schedule and programming and dues and entry fees for all of 2019 had been paid and applied to the purse. Furthermore, the business in general only changed in name only. Same employees, same building locations, etc... the cancellation of that tournament was never announced prior to collecting fees either. If you want an example of how the precedent was set by MLF on what to do look no further than how the situation was handled with the Bass Federation League and the 2019 winner of the living the dream package; clumsily as it was. That kid and group had FLW commitments already in pipeline honored and the FW cup is no different, with exception of the amount of money promised to the anglers.

So when MLF purchased FLW. Did MLF receive all of the money FLW had collected for the cup. Or did the previous regime keep it. And you still can't explain how you think they are scamming the redcrest money. Everyone who qualfies in 2020 will still get to fish it. Just not in the same calender year

Re: MLF Confirms Redcrest Will be Early 2021 [Re: machoblanco61] #13419478 01/28/20 10:52 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
So I guess Ike should be stressed again?

Re: MLF Confirms Redcrest Will be Early 2021 [Re: fouzman] #13419481 01/28/20 10:54 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

Dang man, I can explain things to you, but I cannot learn them for you.

Redcrest purse has not gone away. It's been moved to 2021. It was REPLACED by the Heavy Hitters event with an even higher payout.

But now, we understand what you're really whizzed about. The Forest Wood Cup. Well, that's business.

You can lead a horse to water but you’re never going to get Big O to drink. There is some extreme hatred built up in this one where MLF is concerned.

Re: MLF Confirms Redcrest Will be Early 2021 [Re: grout-scout] #13419482 01/28/20 10:54 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by grout-scout
So I guess Ike should be stressed again?

roflmao

Re: MLF Confirms Redcrest Will be Early 2021 [Re: machoblanco61] #13419512 01/28/20 11:24 PM
R
RMOROTT21 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
Do some y’all even fish or just respond to this mlf garbage

Re: MLF Confirms Redcrest Will be Early 2021 [Re: RMOROTT21] #13419530 01/28/20 11:48 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by RMOROTT21
Do some y’all even fish or just respond to this mlf garbage

Sadly, my lake is 1.5 hours away, so I only get to fish on weekends. frown

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index