Print Thread
Headed to Houston County #13412644 01/22/20 03:47 PM
G
gut hooked Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
G
I am fishing houston county in a club event in February. I have never been there. The map shows a ton of standing timber all over the lake. Is there any trick to running the lake to stay out of trouble? Thanks in advance

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Headed to Houston County [Re: gut hooked] #13412688 01/22/20 04:15 PM
C
ChanceHuiet Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Only run the south end. Err well as a map lays out the west side. Particularly the north side, same side as the ramp at dam. The timber starts at Crockett family resort and covers the whole East side of lake. Realistically you can drop boat in and start fishing.

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
I can backlash toilet paper.
Re: Headed to Houston County [Re: gut hooked] #13412698 01/22/20 04:21 PM
T
TopwaterTom Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
T
I'll PM you with a map and some directions.

Re: Headed to Houston County [Re: ChanceHuiet] #13412774 01/22/20 05:08 PM
G
gut hooked Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
G
Originally Posted by ChanceHuiet
Only run the south end. Err well as a map lays out the west side. Particularly the north side, same side as the ramp at dam. The timber starts at Crockett family resort and covers the whole East side of lake. Realistically you can drop boat in and start fishing.

thank you sir......I appreciate the help......

Re: Headed to Houston County [Re: TopwaterTom] #13412778 01/22/20 05:13 PM
G
gut hooked Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
G
Originally Posted by TopwaterTom
I'll PM you with a map and some directions.
got it, thanks.

Re: Headed to Houston County [Re: gut hooked] #13412807 01/22/20 05:40 PM
D
dk2429 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
D
This is my favorite lake to fish. I've caught some solid solid bass out of there. I haven't been in about a year but it's a great lake!

Here's a map I drew for you

Black- This is the only safe route that you can run in this lake. Basically from the public ramp to CFR, just keep her north. This is safe to run, just use common sense.

Green- The creeks I've marked in green should be okay to run (if you have to), but again, just keep an eye out and use common sense

Orange- If you fish this creek do not run. This one has quite a few stumps in it that will ruin your day.

Red circle- This is a hump that's about a foot of water to watch out for coming into CFR. It should show up on your graph. Just keep south of it if you're coming into CFR. This is a good place on the lake to fish. Caught my PB off this hump

Yellow- Anywhere to the right of the yellow line, IDLE ONLY, DO NOT RUN. This side of the lake is a guarantee to ruin your day if you decide to haul [censored] through it. There are stumps EVERYWHERE on this side. You will hit a few even at idle

Purple- Anywhere underneath the purple line, do not run. Stumps everywhere. Idle only

Black box- Anywhere around the dam you're safe to run.

Have fun and be careful! If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Attached Files Screenshot 2020-01-22 at 11.22.59.png
Last edited by dk2429; 01/22/20 05:40 PM.

Majek 22 Extreme/225 Optimax Pro XS hauled by a 2500HD Duramax

Re: Headed to Houston County [Re: dk2429] #13412823 01/22/20 05:54 PM
G
gut hooked Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
G
Originally Posted by dk2429
This is my favorite lake to fish. I've caught some solid solid bass out of there. I haven't been in about a year but it's a great lake!

Black- This is the only safe route that you can run in this lake. Basically from the public ramp to CFR, just keep her north. This is safe to run, just use common sense.

Green- The creeks I've marked in green should be okay to run (if you have to), but again, just keep an eye out and use common sense

Orange- If you fish this creek do not run. This one has quite a few stumps in it that will ruin your day.

Red circle- This is a hump that's about a foot of water to watch out for coming into CFR. It should show up on your graph. Just keep south of it if you're coming into CFR. This is a good place on the lake to fish. Caught my PB off this hump

Yellow- Anywhere to the right of the yellow line, IDLE ONLY, DO NOT RUN. This side of the lake is a guarantee to ruin your day if you decide to haul [censored] through it. There are stumps EVERYWHERE on this side. You will hit a few even at idle

Purple- Anywhere underneath the purple line, do not run. Stumps everywhere. Idle only

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Headed to Houston County [Re: gut hooked] #13412926 01/22/20 06:51 PM
D
dk2429 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
D
Originally Posted by gut hooked

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No prob man.. If you don't feel comfortable or have a bad feeling about some places, it's best to just shut her down and idle. This lake will tear stuff up quick and easy if you don't watch out, but it is one very underrated lake in my opinion. I'll pass Rayburn and Toledo Bend and Conroe and just go here.

Re: Headed to Houston County [Re: dk2429] #13412932 01/22/20 06:58 PM
C
ChanceHuiet Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C

No prob man.. If you don't feel comfortable or have a bad feeling about some places, it's best to just shut her down and idle. This lake will tear stuff up quick and easy if you don't watch out, but it is one very underrated lake in my opinion. I'll pass Rayburn and Toledo Bend and Conroe and just go here.

Should’ve fished it 7-8 years ago. It’s a shadow of what it was then. Was absolutely nothing to go catch 5 for 25 plus pounds with a fish over 7 every trip

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
I can backlash toilet paper.
Re: Headed to Houston County [Re: ChanceHuiet] #13413141 01/22/20 09:04 PM
D
dk2429 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
D
Originally Posted by ChanceHuiet

Should’ve fished it 7-8 years ago. It’s a shadow of what it was then. Was absolutely nothing to go catch 5 for 25 plus pounds with a fish over 7 every trip

Isn't that any lake now? I feel like they are all going down hill from here.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide