Print Thread
Reelfoot TN Crappie Fishing #13409651 01/19/20 08:57 PM
A
Asleep At The Reel Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
A
I had a great time fishing Reelfoot Lake in TN. The weather was great for one day then it went to pot, so I only got one day of fishing there and had to cancel my trip to MS at Lake Sardis. Got the pleasure of fishing with Tony Hughes who won the Lucas Oil American Crappie Trail National Championship on Lake D’Arbonne in Farmerville La. We had a blast and it was fun to get on a new lake and one that I had been to many times but never got to fish.

https://lonestarwarriorsoutdoors.org/

ASLEEP AT THE REEL (YouTube)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpYfRLf2MT7MkD-jsDrbMkw
Re: Reelfoot TN Crappie Fishing [Re: Asleep At The Reel] #13409750 01/19/20 10:46 PM
J
JIM SR. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
My grandfather used to fish there once or twice a year especially during the spawn. I was too little to go but remember the fish fry at the
church when all the 'men' would go for a few days and really catch bunches. I think I remember hearing about motor limits, and stumps everywhere.
We lived in Kennett, Mo. at the time. fish

Re: Reelfoot TN Crappie Fishing [Re: Asleep At The Reel] #13409995 01/20/20 02:53 AM
K
KEGracing Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
K
That is a really cool lake. Have duck hunted there several times, and went crappie fishing once, several years ago. Weather was terrible - cold front during spring break - ice and freezing. Still fished some, caught a few, but not what we were hoping for.

Have had some great duck hunts there, and then watched the clouds other days... typical duck hunting.

Stumps everywhere is an understatement... about like fishing Lake Fork, as far as stumps and being careful. Boat repair people around there stay busy I am sure.

Enjoy all

Ken

2014 Premier Alante 235 RF tritoon. Momma's boat. But I get to fish on her.

A country boy will survive... but those who cross him?

Cedar Creek personal best:
Blue Cat 31.55 lbs
Hybrid 6.2 lbs
Crappie 2.1 lbs
Tennessee River Blue 45.7
Re: Reelfoot TN Crappie Fishing [Re: KEGracing] #13410394 01/20/20 03:44 PM
A
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
A
Originally Posted by KEGracing
That is a really cool lake. Have duck hunted there several times, and went crappie fishing once, several years ago. Weather was terrible - cold front during spring break - ice and freezing. Still fished some, caught a few, but not what we were hoping for.

Have had some great duck hunts there, and then watched the clouds other days... typical duck hunting.

Stumps everywhere is an understatement... about like fishing Lake Fork, as far as stumps and being careful. Boat repair people around there stay busy I am sure.

Enjoy all

Ken

This is the first year I had been there where you could not see the stumps. There were probably only about 20 showing on the part of the lake we fished, but in years past there were hundreds. In the video Tony mentioned that when it is low you can literally walk across the lake on the tops of stumps and that is true. I only hit 3, well maybe 4 and only one with the engine. I literally put the motor up to where it was just able to suck in water and still push me. At that point anything I hit was just on the bottom of the boat. We have duck hunted there for about 7 years and it has been just like you said, some days great and other days the most movement you see are the decoys chasing each other.

Last edited by Asleep At The Reel; 01/20/20 03:45 PM.

Re: Reelfoot TN Crappie Fishing [Re: JIM SR.] #13410402 01/20/20 03:47 PM
A
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
A
Originally Posted by JIM SR.
My grandfather used to fish there once or twice a year especially during the spawn. I was too little to go but remember the fish fry at the
church when all the 'men' would go for a few days and really catch bunches. I think I remember hearing about motor limits, and stumps everywhere.
We lived in Kennett, Mo. at the time. fish

I am not sure if there is a motor limit, I had not heard that, BUT anyone who goes faster than idle speed is an idiot! haha. When we duck hunt the guides run full speed, but they also know where they are going as they have the lanes marked out, but that is also on the other side of the lake. The fishing side is just stumps. Sounds like good memories that you have my friend.

Re: Reelfoot TN Crappie Fishing [Re: Asleep At The Reel] #13410892 01/21/20 12:21 AM
M
machoblanco61 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
Beautiful place with a great history

Re: Reelfoot TN Crappie Fishing [Re: Asleep At The Reel] #13411115 01/21/20 04:13 AM
banker-always fishing Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
Neat video. Thanks for sharing. cheers

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide