Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: MLF/FLW Insight from today [Re: Mark Jones] #13408724 01/18/20 06:44 PM
senko9S Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
this thread is lacking this from both sides...

[Linked Image]

popcorn2

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: MLF/FLW Insight from today [Re: Mark Jones] #13408734 01/18/20 06:57 PM
B
Bobby61 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
hammer de

Im The last one to let you down!!!
Re: MLF/FLW Insight from today [Re: Mark Jones] #13408735 01/18/20 06:58 PM
M
machoblanco61 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
go fishing!

Re: MLF/FLW Insight from today [Re: Dan21XRS] #13408780 01/18/20 08:22 PM
Mark Jones Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Dan21XRS
Originally Posted by Mark Jones
Big O,...

For being done with Big O you sure do respond to his post a lot... Dan grin

Touché lol

Re: MLF/FLW Insight from today [Re: machoblanco61] #13408793 01/18/20 08:52 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by machoblanco61
Bottom line, for the first time in pro bass fishing history over 1 million households had it tuned in. Think of the bars and restaurants that had it on. Now, will that translate into new fishermen and bait buyers? Time will only tell

Was this the 1 million that was writing hate post all over social media because fishing was on and not football?

Re: MLF/FLW Insight from today [Re: Fishspanker] #13408805 01/18/20 09:07 PM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted by Fishspanker
My outlook......Tournament Market is over booked right now. There are only so many people that have more than a casual interest in it. It like having a room with 30 people and 20 chairs. Something is going to give. Too much spread of the sponsors who stay with the sport. It’s going to continue to change. That’s evolution.

For me the MLF or BPT would be the most susceptible to major change or even going away. They just can’t keep my interest. However they don’t need me. They just need a number of followers.

You have another coming around the corner for 2021. The National Professional Fishing League is filtering through resumes now to set up a roster. 6 tournaments, $5k entry fee per tournament.

Daiwa biased

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: MLF/FLW Insight from today [Re: grout-scout] #13408808 01/18/20 09:12 PM
Mark Jones Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Bottom line, for the first time in pro bass fishing history over 1 million households had it tuned in. Think of the bars and restaurants that had it on. Now, will that translate into new fishermen and bait buyers? Time will only tell

Was this the 1 million that was writing hate post all over social media because fishing was on and not football?

Here's the rub in all of this that's the most interesting to me. If BASS aired a show on CBS and had those ratings it's highly likely not one human on these board or on social would question them and everyone would post how cool it was that they were broadening the viewer base. Put simply people need a villain, they need someone to blame, hate or cheer against. MLF has become that for some and it's so strange to see.

As some have brought up on here it's literally like people are rooting for them to fail. In many instances it's the same people who loved the show when it was just an add on to fishing and not trying to be THE league. The psychology around all of this is truly fascinating.

Re: MLF/FLW Insight from today [Re: Mark Jones] #13408837 01/18/20 09:53 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G

Here's the rub in all of this that's the most interesting to me. If BASS aired a show on CBS and had those ratings it's highly likely not one human on these board or on social would question them and everyone would post how cool it was that they were broadening the viewer base. Put simply people need a villain, they need someone to blame, hate or cheer against. MLF has become that for some and it's so strange to see.

As some have brought up on here it's literally like people are rooting for them to fail. In many instances it's the same people who loved the show when it was just an add on to fishing and not trying to be THE league. The psychology around all of this is truly fascinating.

It’s really quite simple, when Duckett acted like an azz with all his arrogance, it made many of us dislike him. It was no different with Vexus, they were claiming to be the best thing ever, blah blah blah and then what??? Just another boat that looked like crud. BPT is just another fishing league, they aren’t superstars, they are fisherman. Fisherman who thought the world revolved around them and it didn’t.

When they can learn how to THANK the fans and quit striving to make the most money, then they might figure it all out. With their egos and pompous post, they only seperate themselves further & further from fishing fans. Every single time Duckett does an interview, he turns people away more. He might be a great businessman, but he’s the worst person to use for any interviews, written or spoken.

You see humble guys at BASS, guys that are happy to be there, they don’t act like they deserve special treatment.

Oh and the guys at BASS are thankful for the fans and they let them know it.

Last edited by grout-scout; 01/18/20 09:55 PM.
Re: MLF/FLW Insight from today [Re: Mark Jones] #13408838 01/18/20 09:54 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B

The bigger rub in all of it is there is a small group of individuals who will defend MLF and all of their unethical and shady conduct through and through, never addressing the issues that have brought about the majority of discontent. They are in denial and refuse to recognize there is a huge segment of bass fisherman, both competitive and recreational alike, that were able to recognize what MLF and its small band of supporters were trying to accomplish and the damage they’ve created in their wake, including ripping off a bunch of FLW anglers who loyally paid their dues and entry fees in 2019 only to see what they earned be taken away from them by the stroke of a pen.

Re: MLF/FLW Insight from today [Re: grout-scout] #13408860 01/18/20 10:19 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D

It’s really quite simple, when Duckett acted like an azz with all his arrogance, it made many of us dislike him. It was no different with Vexus, they were claiming to be the best thing ever, blah blah blah and then what??? Just another boat that looked like crud. BPT is just another fishing league, they aren’t superstars, they are fisherman. Fisherman who thought the world revolved around them and it didn’t.

When they can learn how to THANK the fans and quit striving to make the most money, then they might figure it all out. With their egos and pompous post, they only seperate themselves further & further from fishing fans. Every single time Duckett does an interview, he turns people away more. He might be a great businessman, but he’s the worst person to use for any interviews, written or spoken.

You see humble guys at BASS, guys that are happy to be there, they don’t act like they deserve special treatment.

Luckily for MLF/BPT there are plenty of fans who just like fishing and the format. I'm not a fan of Duckett. But i couldn't care less about what he says or how he acts. It didn't bother me one bit about them ripping livewells. None of that bothers me at all. I like the format and will keep watching. Maybe i just don't have the snowflake attitude that some people do. I'm not easily offended and don't take things personal

Re: MLF/FLW Insight from today [Re: grout-scout] #13408895 01/18/20 10:55 PM
Mark Jones Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler

I like the team at BASS and the new ownership very much, they've always been kind to me but I had money to spend. So don't flip out when I tell you this next point, but they only made it "the year of the fan" when they thought they were going to lose all of them. It was a solid PR move and clearly you bought it but make no mistake it was the exodus that brought about that "fan" focus. Smart of them to dig in around it but don't act like they're special.

Things should settle this year as the new format changes get implemented and MLF continues to evolve. That should soften some of this and those that enjoy the format will continue to and those who don't have a ton of great options. thumb

Re: MLF/FLW Insight from today [Re: Mark Jones] #13408915 01/18/20 11:20 PM
D
David Burton Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D

Things should settle this year as the new format changes get implemented and MLF continues to evolve. That should soften some of this and those that enjoy the format will continue to and those who don't have a ton of great options. thumb

Ok, will then, they apologize for their actions and make it "the year of the grass-roots angler" that they messed over and defaced with their one format is everything, except... livewells are bad;, but we still use them, we're gonna buy out and force everyone's hand... cracks?

Last edited by David Burton; 01/18/20 11:21 PM.

David Burton
2015 Skeeter FX 21 +Ultrex +Helix 12 (x3) +Mega360 +MegaLive
Re: MLF/FLW Insight from today [Re: David Burton] #13408919 01/18/20 11:23 PM
Mark Jones Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by David Burton

Ok, will then, they apologize for their actions and make it "the year of the grass-roots angler" that they messed over and defaced with their one format is everything, except... livewells are bad;, but we still use them, we're gonna buy out and force everyone's hand... cracks?

If they did all of that it likely wouldn't change certain peoples opinions unfortunately. But I get your point.

Re: MLF/FLW Insight from today [Re: Mark Jones] #13408969 01/19/20 12:44 AM
Rangerkev Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Mark save yourself. It's hard to lower ones self to Big O's level of intelligence. In all of his 97 post I highly doubt there is one positive comment. Which tells me he is a miserable person. I think you could have a more Inteligent conversation with a tree trunk.

Rangerkev
Re: MLF/FLW Insight from today [Re: Mark Jones] #13409032 01/19/20 02:43 AM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Here’s the real bottom line when it comes to sponsors and money. The industry is become so saturated that eventually the money well will plug up and getting any kind of sponsor money will be almost impossible unless you’re a big name. With so many average joes repping every company out there, why would companies pay for what they can get for a small discount from some joe who thinks he is a pro? Everyone wants a path to the”pros”, but eventually it’s going to be who has the most money whether they can fish or not. We will have 5 “pro” in an industry that fluctuates with the economy. You can absolutely have to much of a good thing.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide