B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Mark Jones
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Regarding that guy that did the BTL interview, that was a beating to listen too. I have no doubt that he’s successful, but lord have mercy....”great question, have you been wire tapping our meetings” or “great question“, then repeat the question into another form of the question. bang

I still don’t know if he ever actually answered any of the questions.

That’s dude is a pure example of a corporatized bobble head yes man out there trying to sell sh!t sandwiches to the gullible using fancy pitch decks full of massaged and manipulated data to say what they want sell... those types will say anything that actually says nothing. Unfortunately there are many inept c-suite execs not smart enough to challenge them and make them substantiate their claims.

It’s kind of like putting up a list of names for new sponsors and them claiming this is a huge improvement In amount and quality without actually showing you who and how many names were lost so their can be a comprehensive and objective comparison. You can’t just play the numbers game... joes home brew whisky house isn’t in the same league or prominence of advertisers as Yamaha outboard... no matter if they are paying the same or even more for a spot on a jersey or sponsor board listing. Where have I seen someone try to pull that off?

Lol, your head is going to explode with the next few sponsorship announcements that are inbound. Take cover!

Poor Seminole, It’s going to be ok.

Have you ever seen BASS do a press release for sponsors lost? Lol, if anything you are a piece of work.

Press release to announce sponsors being lost? Not normal, but then again it’s not normal for a press release to be put out by an entity that relies on such sponsorship revenue showing a list of new sponsors which is also being accompanied by statements that make claims this list of advertisers represent a huge improvement in quantity and quality over previous years sponsors and expecting everyone to just believe it without seeing a side by side comparison so that claim can be substantiated.

What seems to be lost in your understanding of things is, the prominence of a brand in a sponsorship deal lends legitimacy to the organization It’s putting it’s brand behind. Joes corner coffee shop and chucks custom painted baits don’t carry the same weight of credibility to a jersey or sponsorship board as a Starbucks or Rapala brand, even if the lesser known brands are paying the same or more in sponsorship $ - of course, if all you’re worried about is the amount of revenue being brought in by sponsorship, then it matters not if the brands standing behind your organization brings the value of legitimacy it.

That’s nothing against the small mom and pop businesses out there trying to promote their brand, but just the hard truth.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: MLF/FLW Insight from today [Re: Mark Jones] #13408501 01/18/20 01:29 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
this week MLF had 5 hours of programming on the Outdoor channel,Sportsman channel and C.B.S. network....How can you argue that isn't a huge increase in exposure for a professional fisherman and his sponsors...

Re: MLF/FLW Insight from today [Re: beartrap] #13408506 01/18/20 01:36 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by beartrap
this week MLF had 5 hours of programming on the Outdoor channel,Sportsman channel and C.B.S. network....How can you argue that isn't a huge increase in exposure for a professional fisherman and his sponsors...

How many people are going back and watching 2019 NFL game reruns to occupy their time, or better yet, the 2019 PGA northern trust open? Its almost as if you are trying to give reruns or delayed programming the same equivalent as a live show.

Re: MLF/FLW Insight from today [Re: Big O Florida] #13408515 01/18/20 01:49 PM
O
outfishdya Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
O

How many people are going back and watching 2019 NFL game reruns to occupy their time, or better yet, the 2019 PGA northern trust open? Its almost as if you are trying to give reruns or delayed programming the same equivalent as a live show.

The people who are willing to watch a second time are most likely also more likely to be influenced to purchase. These would likely be a target rich audience. You come out here spouting what you consider to be advanced knowledge of things, yet you give common sense responses which are lacking in factual numbers as well.

Woke up this morning
Got yourself a gun....
Re: MLF/FLW Insight from today [Re: Big O Florida] #13408526 01/18/20 02:09 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B

whatever the number of people that watched 5 hours of MLF programming last week was...one thing is for certain....it was 100% more than watched B.A.S.S.

Re: MLF/FLW Insight from today [Re: Big O Florida] #13408531 01/18/20 02:14 PM
Mark Jones Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Regarding that guy that did the BTL interview, that was a beating to listen too. I have no doubt that he’s successful, but lord have mercy....”great question, have you been wire tapping our meetings” or “great question“, then repeat the question into another form of the question. bang

I still don’t know if he ever actually answered any of the questions.

That’s dude is a pure example of a corporatized bobble head yes man out there trying to sell sh!t sandwiches to the gullible using fancy pitch decks full of massaged and manipulated data to say what they want sell... those types will say anything that actually says nothing. Unfortunately there are many inept c-suite execs not smart enough to challenge them and make them substantiate their claims.

It’s kind of like putting up a list of names for new sponsors and them claiming this is a huge improvement In amount and quality without actually showing you who and how many names were lost so their can be a comprehensive and objective comparison. You can’t just play the numbers game... joes home brew whisky house isn’t in the same league or prominence of advertisers as Yamaha outboard... no matter if they are paying the same or even more for a spot on a jersey or sponsor board listing. Where have I seen someone try to pull that off?

Lol, your head is going to explode with the next few sponsorship announcements that are inbound. Take cover!

Have you ever seen BASS do a press release for sponsors lost? Lol, if anything you are a piece of work.

Press release to announce sponsors being lost? Not normal, but then again it’s not normal for a press release to be put out by an entity that relies on such sponsorship revenue showing a list of new sponsors which is also being accompanied by statements that make claims this list of advertisers represent a huge improvement in quantity and quality over previous years sponsors and expecting everyone to just believe it without seeing a side by side comparison so that claim can be substantiated.

What seems to be lost in your understanding of things is, the prominence of a brand in a sponsorship deal lends legitimacy to the organization It’s putting it’s brand behind. Joes corner coffee shop and chucks custom painted baits don’t carry the same weight of credibility to a jersey or sponsorship board as a Starbucks or Rapala brand, even if the lesser known brands are paying the same or more in sponsorship $ - of course, if all you’re worried about is the amount of revenue being brought in by sponsorship, then it matters not if the brands standing behind your organization brings the value of legitimacy it.

That’s nothing against the small mom and pop businesses out there trying to promote their brand, but just the hard truth.

Big O/Seminole, you're not reading this in context, that is NOT a press release. That is information that was shared on an all sponsor call to give monthly updates to sponsors, partners, stakeholders, etc. I asked if I could share it. Simple deal and if you'd read my OP you might understand better.

I added my own comments to it related to the increase in FLW sponsorship and my opinion. It's my post, my opinion. Surely since all you've done since you joined here is share your opinion on this topic, then it must me okay with you for me to share mine? Or are you just going to continue to try to bulldoze your way through this and not listen?

You seem to be hung up on Rapala and Skeeter/Yamaha. Are those your brand partners? Are those brands you represent or work for? Are you a professional angler? Are you a TV show personality? Are you a Podcast host? Radio Show host? Who are you here to defend? Why are these so meaningful to you? What does them not being a part of MLF/FLW mean to you? What's that supposed to mean to the rest of us? Is the sky falling? Who killed JR?

You'll continue to dodge these questions, I'm sure.

Have a good day.

Re: MLF/FLW Insight from today [Re: Mark Jones] #13408538 01/18/20 02:29 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
There is something strange and sad about grown men arguing about what channel they want to watch other grown men fish on. Like some strange redneck nascar arguement or whether wrestling is real...... I really dont get it.

Re: MLF/FLW Insight from today [Re: WAWI] #13408549 01/18/20 02:37 PM
SAKS Online Happy
Extreme Angler
Online Happy
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by WAWI
There is something strange and sad about grown men arguing about what channel they want to watch other grown men fish on. Like some strange redneck nascar arguement or whether wrestling is real...... I really dont get it.

Yes it is.

Re: MLF/FLW Insight from today [Re: Mark Jones] #13408550 01/18/20 02:39 PM
F
Fishing on a string Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Wow, I am a big fan of the sport so I like hearing good comments and not one side stories. As for losing Skeeter and other endemic sponsors sure perked my interest in how MFL was losing sponsorship or at least the anglers were losing sponsorship due to MFL using their weight to get something. I will say the anglers who were with those brands can’t be happy about it but they made a choice and get to live with it. The big question is are all 80 anglers seeing any return on their investment? Or does MFL take a bite of the pie when new sponsors come on board then give a taste to the anglers? I am sure with such good t v ratings the anglers are going to be getting royalties checks for any re runs that are shown right?

Re: MLF/FLW Insight from today [Re: Mark Jones] #13408551 01/18/20 02:39 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B

Big O/Seminole, you're not reading this in context, that is NOT a press release. That is information that was shared on an all sponsor call to give monthly updates to sponsors, partners, stakeholders, etc. I asked if I could share it. Simple deal and if you'd read my OP you might understand better.

I added my own comments to it related to the increase in FLW sponsorship and my opinion. It's my post, my opinion. Surely since all you've done since you joined here is share your opinion on this topic, then it must me okay with you for me to share mine? Or are you just going to continue to try to bulldoze your way through this and not listen?

You seem to be hung up on Rapala and Skeeter/Yamaha. Are those your brand partners? Are those brands you represent or work for? Are you a professional angler? Are you a TV show personality? Are you a Podcast host? Radio Show host? Who are you here to defend? Why are these so meaningful to you? What does them not being a part of MLF/FLW mean to you? What's that supposed to mean to the rest of us? Is the sky falling? Who killed JR?

You'll continue to dodge these questions, I'm sure.

Have a good day.

I didn’t say what you originally put out was a press release, I was replying to your previous comment and question about a press release announcing sponsors that are lost and put my reply in that same context. I am not hung up on Rapala, Skeeter, Yamaha, or the significant number of other sponsorships that have not been renewed with MLF/FLW - I am just pointing out not all endorsement and sponsorships are equal when it comes to lending legitimacy to the organization they are putting their brands behind. You’ve had ample opportunity to provide a list of sponsors who declined to continue doing business as usual with MLF/FLW that can be compared to the new names you’ve shared. You could easily validate your opinion, which was more like a pronouncement of fact, by doing so. I can only speculate as to why you won’t... but I am pretty confident it’s not because you don’t know who was lost and the brand prominence they have in the industry.

Re: MLF/FLW Insight from today [Re: Mark Jones] #13408604 01/18/20 03:40 PM
Mark Jones Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Big O, I guess what I’m telling you is that it isn’t a “significant” loss. You don’t have to believe me but it doesn’t make it any less fact. I have full visibility to it. Would MLF, FLW and BASS all prefer to retain all sponsors both endemic or non endemic, of course but it simply doesn’t work that way. Additionally, it doesn’t mean things are doomed if someone’s not at the dance. There’s plenty of other brands to dance with.

Re: MLF/FLW Insight from today [Re: Mark Jones] #13408684 01/18/20 05:49 PM
D
Dan21XRS Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Big O,...

For being done with Big O you sure do respond to his post a lot... Dan grin

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: MLF/FLW Insight from today [Re: Mark Jones] #13408687 01/18/20 05:53 PM
M
machoblanco61 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
Bottom line, for the first time in pro bass fishing history over 1 million households had it tuned in. Think of the bars and restaurants that had it on. Now, will that translate into new fishermen and bait buyers? Time will only tell

Re: MLF/FLW Insight from today [Re: beartrap] #13408688 01/18/20 05:53 PM
D
Dan21XRS Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Dan21XRS
I don't have a dog in this fight...

Doesn't your son fish the FLW circuit???... Dan

no...

Sorry, I must have you confused with another beartrap from Georgia... Dan
hmmm

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: MLF/FLW Insight from today [Re: machoblanco61] #13408693 01/18/20 06:01 PM
F
Fishspanker Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted by machoblanco61
Bottom line, for the first time in pro bass fishing history over 1 million households had it tuned in. Think of the bars and restaurants that had it on. Now, will that translate into new fishermen and bait buyers? Time will only tell

Only once have I been in a bar or restaurant where fishing was on. Even the Marina might have golf.

The big question is with everything more split up can those fishing one or the other get enough sponsorship money in a few years as sponsors who jumped in jump out because they didn’t feel they got value for their dollar. It’s really going to depend on what the sponsors feel they are getting for ROI on their sponsorship dollar.

Last edited by Fishspanker; 01/18/20 06:03 PM.

The Sheep who only fears the Wolf is eaten by the Shepherd.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide