Print Thread
Florida Fishing Trip #13405073 01/15/20 01:31 PM
L
Len B 1 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
L
Thinking on making a trip to Florida to fish the St. John’s River, Okeechobee, and one of the chains, either Harris or Kissimmee. Would like some info on boat friendly motels close to safe boat ramps. Any info would be appreciated and thanks in advance. Probably in the next week or so.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Florida Fishing Trip [Re: Len B 1] #13406022 01/16/20 12:33 PM
Atta Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Len B 1
Thinking on making a trip to Florida to fish the St. John’s River, Okeechobee, and one of the chains, either Harris or Kissimmee. Would like some info on boat friendly motels close to safe boat ramps. Any info would be appreciated and thanks in advance. Probably in the next week or so.

1. St. Johns River sucks lately! No grass in the river or George. If you decide to go then you can stay at Georgia Boys Fish Camp. Ramps is steep but puts you in a central location on the river. It is in Dunn's Creek so only a short run to Cresent, Palatka, & George.

2. Okeechobee is on fire right now. Big fish being caught on beds. I stay at The Flamingo Hotel in town. The have parking for the boat/truck so you don't have to unhook every night. If you go south then you should get a room from Roland Martin Marine. Good taco spot not far from the rooms & the tiki bar is cool.

3. I would certainly choose Kissimmee Chain over Harris Chain. Camp Mac is the most popular choice. Most of the tourneys launch from here. Its not a far run from Camp Mac to Hatch, Cypress, or Toho. If you stay in downtown Kissimmee and launch from Big Toho then I would suggest Airbnb and get a house to stay in.

Kissimmee Chain is just about to explode. The fish are still scattered but ready to stage for the spawn. Surprised its not going on right now with the weather we've had. As far as fishing stores go, Big Toho Marine on Toho & Fast Break Bait & Tackle in Okeechobee are my favorites. Fast Break is a great little shop!

If your fishing a guide on Kissimmee Chain then I would recommend Chuck Pippen. He is out about every day and can put you on fish.
If your Fishing a guide on Okeechobee then I would recommend contacting Chase Marsocci @ Fast Break. If he cant take you out then he will get you with the best guide available.

Weather is great right now. Come on down and enjoy some fishing!

Re: Florida Fishing Trip [Re: Len B 1] #13407381 01/17/20 02:16 PM
L
Len B 1 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
L
Atta, thank you sir for taking the time for the response and the detailed info on each lake. Tryin to get my ducks in a row for dates. Looked at a couple of vids of Georgia Boys looks interesting. Toss up yet on Okee. Camp Mac sounds good also for the location. Gettin things road ready, new axles put on yesterday, now for tires. Lower unit a month ago, fresh batteries, should be good. Get boat organized try to lightin the load. Get psyched up for the drive. Again thank you sir. If ya see a blue/white Triton with TX tags and a short old guy that looks lost, say Hi.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide