texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
S.McD, Coop_134, ictoamna, Javi6274, dndsam
118692 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
TexDawg 116,723
hopalong 116,080
Bigbob_FTW 91,028
John175☮ 85,107
Pilothawk 83,047
Bob Davis 74,851
Mark Perry 69,815
JDavis7873® 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,028,118
Posts13,753,484
Members143,692
Most Online36,273
Jan 23rd, 2013
Print Thread
Crazy Drive Home Yesterday #13400509 01/11/20 05:07 PM
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 11,983
BCBassCat Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 11,983
Dan's thread got me thinking. So I thought I'd share what happened after I left work. Getting on the frontage road at Valley Ridge on I-35 N in Lewisville you have to yield, there was a car coming so I had to stop. Looked in the rear view and guess what? Yep.... An F-350 was heading right at me. I mean not stopping. Dude was looking at the traffic instead of me. Hit me hard enough I thought I might get pushed out in front of cars coming. Luckily that didn't happen. So we stopped at the Ford dealership right there and swapped info, the guy felt bad and he was insured so we shook hands and went on about our business. Plus the weather was getting bad and I didn't want to get stuck out in it.

So now is where it really got crazy, still on I-35 North, it was raining but not bad as I passed University Rd. in north Denton where it goes from 3 lanes down to 2 everything was flowing nicely. I had just passed an 18 wheeler hauling large transformers. When out of nowhere brake lights started coming on. I had to slam on brakes too, but because my tires are low on tread I can't be too aggressive. Well I still started to slide and had to do the old swerve to the shoulder trick to keep from hitting the car in front of me. So did the guy behind me. Then out of the corner of my eye, about 3 to 4 cars ahead, I see a silver F-150 spin a 360 in the right lane and appear to hit the back of flatbed trailer. It happened so fast, but then the silver tuck just shoots up the embankment and on to the frontage road and keeps on going.... Do you remember the 18 wheeler I passed? Yeah? Well... he can't stop either, and dang sure can't slam on brakes so he just keeps on trucking right on down the middle of all of us while laying on his air horn. For a split second I thought I was goner.

I didn't see any body stop and didn't see any pieces of car, or truck flying around. Heck I never really stopped. Just slowed down. But that silver ford, man that guy was lucky, not sure if he was heading to the casino but he should've. It was one those deals where, everything happened so fast, it didn't seem possible. I wish somebody I knew saw it as well. So I could verify I'm not crazy. I'm just glad I made it home.

Re: Crazy Drive Home Yesterday [Re: BCBassCat] #13400532 01/11/20 05:27 PM
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 29,439
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 29,439
Glad you made it home.


[Linked Image]
Re: Crazy Drive Home Yesterday [Re: BCBassCat] #13400545 01/11/20 05:40 PM
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 10,086
N
Nickbyrd Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
N
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 10,086
Chapter 2: I crapped my pants.
Lol glad you made it home buddy

Last edited by Nickbyrd; 01/11/20 05:40 PM.
Re: Crazy Drive Home Yesterday [Re: BCBassCat] #13400547 01/11/20 05:42 PM
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 2,391
B
Bentman63 Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
B
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 2,391
Glad you are still with us


[Linked Image]
Re: Crazy Drive Home Yesterday [Re: BCBassCat] #13400557 01/11/20 05:47 PM
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 166
J
Jessa Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
J
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 166
Geez, what a crazy night! Glad you were safe. Someone up there is watching over you.


☆Jessa☆
Re: Crazy Drive Home Yesterday [Re: BCBassCat] #13400582 01/11/20 06:08 PM
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 116,080
hopalong Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 116,080
Originally Posted by BCBassCat
Dan's thread got me thinking. So I thought I'd share what happened after I left work. Getting on the frontage road at Valley Ridge on I-35 N in Lewisville you have to yield, there was a car coming so I had to stop. Looked in the rear view and guess what? Yep.... An F-350 was heading right at me. I mean not stopping. Dude was looking at the traffic instead of me. Hit me hard enough I thought I might get pushed out in front of cars coming. Luckily that didn't happen. So we stopped at the Ford dealership right there and swapped info, the guy felt bad and he was insured so we shook hands and went on about our business. Plus the weather was getting bad and I didn't want to get stuck out in it.

So now is where it really got crazy, still on I-35 North, it was raining but not bad as I passed University Rd. in north Denton where it goes from 3 lanes down to 2 everything was flowing nicely. I had just passed an 18 wheeler hauling large transformers. When out of nowhere brake lights started coming on. I had to slam on brakes too, but because my tires are low on tread I can't be too aggressive. Well I still started to slide and had to do the old swerve to the shoulder trick to keep from hitting the car in front of me. So did the guy behind me. Then out of the corner of my eye, about 3 to 4 cars ahead, I see a silver F-150 spin a 360 in the right lane and appear to hit the back of flatbed trailer. It happened so fast, but then the silver tuck just shoots up the embankment and on to the frontage road and keeps on going.... Do you remember the 18 wheeler I passed? Yeah? Well... he can't stop either, and dang sure can't slam on brakes so he just keeps on trucking right on down the middle of all of us while laying on his air horn. For a split second I thought I was goner.

I didn't see any body stop and didn't see any pieces of car, or truck flying around. Heck I never really stopped. Just slowed down. But that silver ford, man that guy was lucky, not sure if he was heading to the casino but he should've. It was one those deals where, everything happened so fast, it didn't seem possible. I wish somebody I knew saw it as well. So I could verify I'm not crazy. I'm just glad I made it home.






" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: Crazy Drive Home Yesterday [Re: BCBassCat] #13400643 01/11/20 07:11 PM
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,239
rj74955 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,239
I'm glad you're ok but, really, your old lady style driving seems to be the common denominator here.

Re: Crazy Drive Home Yesterday [Re: rj74955] #13400654 01/11/20 07:32 PM
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 11,983
BCBassCat Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 11,983
Originally Posted by rj74955
I'm glad you're ok but, really, your old lady style driving seems to be the common denominator here.


凸

Re: Crazy Drive Home Yesterday [Re: BCBassCat] #13400659 01/11/20 07:35 PM
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,239
rj74955 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,239
roflmao

Re: Crazy Drive Home Yesterday [Re: rj74955] #13400663 01/11/20 07:41 PM
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 10,086
N
Nickbyrd Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
N
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 10,086
Originally Posted by rj74955
I'm glad you're ok but, really, your old lady style driving seems to be the common denominator here.

roflmao

Re: Crazy Drive Home Yesterday [Re: BCBassCat] #13400904 01/11/20 11:58 PM
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 619
M
machoblanco61 Offline
Pro Angler
Offline
Pro Angler
M
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 619
Traffic uuggh sick

Re: Crazy Drive Home Yesterday [Re: BCBassCat] #13400953 01/12/20 12:31 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,594
S
Spiderman Offline
TFF Celebrity
Offline
TFF Celebrity
S
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,594
Driving in Dallas / Ft Worth is terrible.

If you have a new car prepare to get some dents and ain't nobody stopping to exchange info.


The Truth is six of the seven Dwarfs are not Happy!
Re: Crazy Drive Home Yesterday [Re: BCBassCat] #13401040 01/12/20 01:56 AM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 39,512
butch sanders Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 39,512
sorry you have to do that
hope you hit Lotto tonight

Re: Crazy Drive Home Yesterday [Re: Jessa] #13401304 01/12/20 12:46 PM
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 6,141
A
AmpedUp Offline
TFF Celebrity
Offline
TFF Celebrity
A
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 6,141
Originally Posted by Jessa
Geez, what a crazy night! Glad you were safe. Someone up there is watching over you.

thumb


God is Great! Beer is Good!! People are Crazy!!!
Wait... I have Micky Mouse Money..Grandson Logic!!

http://rcarr1.my.tupperware.com/
Re: Crazy Drive Home Yesterday [Re: BCBassCat] #13401361 01/12/20 02:04 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,772
R
Roller22 Offline
TFF Celebrity
Offline
TFF Celebrity
R
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,772
That spot on 35 at University and the one south of there by the hospital at Mayhill where 3 lanes turn into 2 lanes is dangerous. I usually am pulling a trailer with cedar or stone and these places scare me. People are going 70 and have to go from 3 lanes to 2 while looking down at their phones then slamming on the brakes.

I keep a safe stopping distance because of pulling a heavy load but inevitably someone changes lanes right in front of me about the time brake lights start appearing. You dang sure need to make sure your load is strapped down or it's coming through the cab.


I Thes. 5:16-18
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3