Forums59
Topics1,038,939
Posts13,955,888
Members144,183
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Please have a little consideration for bank anglers [Re: Osbornfishing] #13394460 01/06/20 03:19 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
No excuse for blowing past a no wake buoy. I always try to me mindful of everyone on the water. However, respect is a two way street. Bank fishermen need to mindful that when they fish around marinas and boat ramps. Often times there is only one route in an out of these areas. If you are fishing in that path, we have no choice but to go through that area. This will become even more of an issue as our lakes continue to drop. I can't even count how many times I've had bank fishermen cuss me on Richland Chambers at Fishermans Point and at the 309 ramp. Fish at a boat ramp and you are likely to encounter boat traffic. Not saying that was the case here. Just came to mind when I read this post.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Please have a little consideration for bank anglers [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #13395270 01/07/20 03:27 AM
O
Osbornfishing Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
O
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
No excuse for blowing past a no wake buoy. I always try to me mindful of everyone on the water. However, respect is a two way street. Bank fishermen need to mindful that when they fish around marinas and boat ramps. Often times there is only one route in an out of these areas. If you are fishing in that path, we have no choice but to go through that area. This will become even more of an issue as our lakes continue to drop. I can't even count how many times I've had bank fishermen cuss me on Richland Chambers at Fishermans Point and at the 309 ramp. Fish at a boat ramp and you are likely to encounter boat traffic. Not saying that was the case here. Just came to mind when I read this post.

I agree that the issue is a 2 way street. I fish for records all around the state both from a boat and on the bank. Sometimes that requires fishing in a high boat traffic area and when I do I fully expect to deal with wakes. If I am standing on the edge of the intracoastal waterway I don’t expect boaters to even slow down. That is just part of it. The incident that prompted the comment was excessive and unnecessary.

Re: Please have a little consideration for bank anglers [Re: Osbornfishing] #13395320 01/07/20 04:40 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Originally Posted by Osbornfishing
I was bank fishing in a cove today and a bass boat came flying past a no wake zone buoy, then shut down right in front of where I was fishing. The wake splashed water several feet up the bank and tangled all four of my lines in the rocks. The guys saved maybe five seconds of fishing and cost me gear and an half hour to rig back up. Just a reminder.

I bank fish about 90 percent of the time either from a dock or the bank. Never had any problems with a fishing boat. Ski Boats, Wake Boats, and Jet Skis are another story! taz

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Please have a little consideration for bank anglers [Re: Osbornfishing] #13395380 01/07/20 12:18 PM
J
Jerry713 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
It's all about education. I see fisherman making poor/rude decisions almost every time I'm on the water now days. Forums like this can help educate. A lot of times I think it's people not thinking about others around them regardless of how experienced they are. Courtesy on the water is going away fast and it's sad.

You get out of it what you put into it!
Re: Please have a little consideration for bank anglers [Re: Osbornfishing] #13395384 01/07/20 12:21 PM
B
Bass Junkie Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Both boaters and bankers have to be respectful of each other. I have gotten gear caught in my prop because people were fishing “way out” next to boat docks and I have had my gear caught in other props because they drove right over a cast. You should expect to get tangled up if you have 4 lines out at one time. Just the law of Murphy.

Re: Please have a little consideration for bank anglers [Re: Osbornfishing] #13395550 01/07/20 03:09 PM
InTheClear Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
The ones on the curtsy docks, that is a different story having to dodge a bober between me and the trailer.

Re: Please have a little consideration for bank anglers [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13396568 01/08/20 11:03 AM
F
Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

I always just yield them the spot. I got the whole damn lake....they are trying to catch em where they can.

+1

Re: Please have a little consideration for bank anglers [Re: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King] #13397142 01/08/20 08:11 PM
T
TXfisherman12 Offline
Angler
Angler
T
Originally Posted by Finesse Master/ Dropshot king
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

I always just yield them the spot. I got the whole damn lake....they are trying to catch em where they can.

+1

Being a bank angler, I would like to thank you for your courtesy and respect! I can't remember how many times I have been bank fishing and a boat drifts right by and the fishermen toss a bunch of casts right in the same spot I am fishing. I have had this happen also after boaters have seen me catch a few fish in the spot. I guess this is something inevitable in today's society.

It was a different world when we were boys and girls....
Re: Please have a little consideration for bank anglers [Re: bbassfishes] #13397679 01/09/20 06:14 AM
O
outfishdya Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
O
Originally Posted by bbassfishes
Originally Posted by outfishdya
I can find fault in the driver for blasting past a no wake bouy, but if you are bank fishing and a wake caused your gear to get messed up.... I think that is on you.I try and respect everyone on the water, but that does not mean I see everyone. By the time I am close enough to see you with rod and reel, the damage is done . Same thing happens with kayaks, sometimes they appear out of nowhere. There was a time I would apologize for flying up on them. If they are not wearing hunters orange or bright pink, I don't feel sorry for them anymore.

Well, if the guy hadn't waked in on a no wake zone, then it wouldn't have been an issue, so yes, the wake was at the fault of the boater, thus causing him to re-rig. This is just an ignorant comment.

I stand by my comments. Read them carefully if you must. Fishing with 4 lines in the water and blaming someone else when you tangle up could be seen as ignorant. No wake or not.

Woke up this morning
Got yourself a gun....
Re: Please have a little consideration for bank anglers [Re: Osbornfishing] #13397717 01/09/20 12:02 PM
D
deucer02 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
"By the time I am close enough to see you with rod and reel, the damage is done . Same thing happens with kayaks, sometimes they appear out of nowhere. There was a time I would apologize for flying up on them. "

No offense and certainly no disrespect intended, but if you're "flying up on them" and can't see them until the damage is done and or they "appear out of nowhere" perhaps your traveling at an unsafe speed.

Biden famously said in the New York Observer, “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”
Re: Please have a little consideration for bank anglers [Re: bbassfishes] #13398315 01/09/20 09:01 PM
R
Ryno Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
I can find fault in the driver for blasting past a no wake bouy, but if you are bank fishing and a wake caused your gear to get messed up.... I think that is on you.I try and respect everyone on the water, but that does not mean I see everyone. By the time I am close enough to see you with rod and reel, the damage is done . Same thing happens with kayaks, sometimes they appear out of nowhere. There was a time I would apologize for flying up on them. If they are not wearing hunters orange or bright pink, I don't feel sorry for them anymore.

Well, if the guy hadn't waked in on a no wake zone, then it wouldn't have been an issue, so yes, the wake was at the fault of the boater, thus causing him to re-rig. This is just an ignorant comment.

Agreed. Ignorant comment. If you have a difficult time seeing kayaks then you need to SLOW DOWN or pay closer attention or BOTH.

Thank you Lord for the gifts in my life
Re: Please have a little consideration for bank anglers [Re: Ryno] #13398524 01/10/20 12:13 AM
O
outfishdya Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
O
Originally Posted by Ryno

Agreed. Ignorant comment. If you have a difficult time seeing kayaks then you need to SLOW DOWN or pay closer attention or BOTH.

Kayaks are made to blend in the water.
If you have not had a kayak appear out of nowhere, you dont fish on populated lakes. I am a very cautious driver. The fact you don't know me makes you ignorant for responding about me

Woke up this morning
Got yourself a gun....
Re: Please have a little consideration for bank anglers [Re: Osbornfishing] #13398572 01/10/20 12:46 AM
S
Smurfs Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
popcorn

Re: Please have a little consideration for bank anglers [Re: Ryno] #13398821 01/10/20 05:06 AM
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B

Maybe they need to give a drivers test before allowing some people out on the water

Re: Please have a little consideration for bank anglers [Re: outfishdya] #13399146 01/10/20 04:18 PM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
[quote=outfishdya]I can find fault in the driver for blasting past a no wake bouy, but if you are bank fishing and a wake caused your gear to get messed up.... I think that is on you.I try and respect everyone on the water, but that does not mean I see everyone. By the time I am close enough to see you with rod and reel, the damage is done . Same thing happens with kayaks, sometimes they appear out of nowhere. There was a time I would apologize for flying up on them. If they are not wearing hunters orange or bright pink, I don't feel sorry for them anymore.

Kayaks are made to blend in the water.
If you have not had a kayak appear out of nowhere, you dont fish on populated lakes. I am a very cautious driver. The fact you don't know me makes you ignorant for responding about me[/quote

The yaks can be hard to see sometimes. I wish they that they had a flag sticking up about 4-5' to help make them more visible like some of the ATV's use on the sand dunes.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide