texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
JDavis7873ฎ 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,896
Posts13,954,968
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
C-MAPS Accuracy #13387135 12/30/19 04:31 AM
J
Jawz Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
Have any of you used these maps? I've used hotmaps platinum and see a major difference in what each shows of the same area's. Trying to figure out which one is accurate.

Fishing is Like Breathing...I was born To Do it
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: C-MAPS Accuracy [Re: Jawz] #13387237 12/30/19 12:57 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
With CMAP; Some lakes are very good (the bigger, more popular lakes) Others are way off (the smaller, more remote lakes)

[Linked Image]
Re: C-MAPS Accuracy [Re: Jawz] #13387458 12/30/19 06:10 PM
BrockstaRama Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Some users are uploading their data to cmaps so that helps accuracy

When I am not fishing I am thinking about fishing. And mostly what I should have done differently my last trip!
#Brockstarama
Re: C-MAPS Accuracy [Re: Jawz] #13387661 12/30/19 10:25 PM
206champion Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
I have the c maps and for both of my units but I only use one at the bow I use a navionics map for the console most of every thing is the same (I donโ€™t know about accuracy) but the c maps list some things with different names like a obstruction and on the navionics it says foundation or brush pile , I like the navionics better Iplan on getting rid of the c maps and buy another navionics just my opinion.

Re: C-MAPS Accuracy [Re: Jawz] #13387663 12/30/19 10:30 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I have both a Navionics and C-Map card on my dash mounted graphs. C-Map doesn't have my local lakes graphed out at all. On Amistad I think the Navionics is more detailed. Thankfully it was free when I purchased the graph or I would have been pissed.

Re: C-MAPS Accuracy [Re: Jawz] #13387700 12/30/19 11:11 PM
Clark Reehm Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Here is my experience and what you need to know going forward with C-Map when it comes to evaluating them. If they have surveyed the lake you are wanting, it is awesome. if they haven't, not so much.

Lowrance gave their prostaff C-Map chips last year at Lake Cherokee at the FLW Tour event. These were their "Tennessee Chips". I was not impressed with what I saw and even voiced my opinion to my boss at Lowrance since mapping and utilizing resources is a major deal for me. As it turned out, they had not completed on the water surveys yet for Lake Cherokee and they were distributed to us to use moreso at the following event at Lake Chickamauga which had already been mapped. Fast forward a few weeks and I got to see it for what it is and what will be when they make your area available. It was incredible! I use every available resource I can to include the Humminbird FishSmart app on my iPhone. The C-Map for Chickamauga was as good or better contour wise than the Lakemaster and the ability to use multiple colors for depth shading was extremely beneficial. I will be the first to tell you that the predecessor maps to their high def surveys aren't worth using(similar to the original Lakemaster charts) however do not judge the product until you use their high def map. Unfortunately, I do not know when Texas will be mapped. Until then, keep running the other resources and don't pass judgement until you get a chance to use their advertised technology.

Re: C-MAPS Accuracy [Re: Clark Reehm] #13388033 12/31/19 05:14 AM
J
Jawz Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
Originally Posted by Clark Reehm
Here is my experience and what you need to know going forward with C-Map when it comes to evaluating them. If they have surveyed the lake you are wanting, it is awesome. if they haven't, not so much.

Lowrance gave their prostaff C-Map chips last year at Lake Cherokee at the FLW Tour event. These were their "Tennessee Chips". I was not impressed with what I saw and even voiced my opinion to my boss at Lowrance since mapping and utilizing resources is a major deal for me. As it turned out, they had not completed on the water surveys yet for Lake Cherokee and they were distributed to us to use moreso at the following event at Lake Chickamauga which had already been mapped. Fast forward a few weeks and I got to see it for what it is and what will be when they make your area available. It was incredible! I use every available resource I can to include the Humminbird FishSmart app on my iPhone. The C-Map for Chickamauga was as good or better contour wise than the Lakemaster and the ability to use multiple colors for depth shading was extremely beneficial. I will be the first to tell you that the predecessor maps to their high def surveys aren't worth using(similar to the original Lakemaster charts) however do not judge the product until you use their high def map. Unfortunately, I do not know when Texas will be mapped. Until then, keep running the other resources and don't pass judgement until you get a chance to use their advertised technology.

Thank you Mr Reehm. I appreciate you taking the time to comment. I'll follow your advice on waiting. Rayburn, Bend, etc. Are what I enjoy fishing. Some of the DFW area lakes too. I saw where they're asking $179 for our region of maps. Guess I'll stick with the navionics hotmaps for now until I know they've mapped ur area's. Thank you again.

Fishing is Like Breathing...I was born To Do it
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide