texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Old Irish BNB Denton,Tx, EAWeiss, Cat-Fish333, river runner 1, Popping shorty
112036 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
TexDawg 92,825
hopalong 83,690
Pilothawk 79,346
John175ā˜® 75,299
JDavis7873® 67,398
Bigbob_FTW 62,093
Tritonman 58,836
Mark Perry 58,495
facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums62
Topics770,248
Posts9,701,813
Members112,036
Most Online36,273
Jan 23rd, 2013
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Today on Grapevine #13384794 12/28/19 03:15 AM
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 12,020
M
Mike Keenan Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
M
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 12,020
So my girlfriend and I were out there most of the day... fishing was horrible but something odd happened... We were fishing up in twin coves along the point on the left side going in, I saw the Flower Mound FD boat go out today, no emergency just going out, Iā€™m guessing just running the boat. They were out like 10-15 minutes. They come back in along the area we were fishing like 25ā€™ off my port bow not on pad but almost on pad, creating a huge wake (not in the no wake zone) and we took many waves over the bow, almost fell in. All three of the crew are laughing and having a good time. Makes me wonder who taught these guys boat driving 101? Zero common courtesy


R.I.P. Mike "pappy" "broken rod" Green born 07-16-62 on to better fishing 06-10-08.
www.basscat.com

Bass Fishing Ad
Re: Today on Grapevine [Re: Mike Keenan] #13384796 12/28/19 03:17 AM
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 24,473
senko9S Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 24,473
they flipped it a few years back...


David Short

[Linked Image]

Re: Today on Grapevine [Re: Mike Keenan] #13384803 12/28/19 03:23 AM
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,351
Brad Hardt Offline
TFF Team Angler
Offline
TFF Team Angler
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,351
They probably knew you were a cop.


A-RIGS , MAKING BAD FISHERMAN LOOK GOOD SINCE 2010
Re: Today on Grapevine [Re: Mike Keenan] #13384804 12/28/19 03:24 AM
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 10,386
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 10,386
Coast Guard came close to sinking my boat on Texoma once. I took several over the bow.



I hate photobucket.
Re: Today on Grapevine [Re: Mike Keenan] #13385043 12/28/19 04:03 PM
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 99
H
Hair Jig Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
H
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 99
These things are a great example of when to use your iphone video recorder and send it to the local news channel, on FaceBook, and anywhere else you can post it for pubic viewing. I can guarantee the higher-ups won't like that type of exposure.


Healed by Grace and trying to stay that way
Re: Today on Grapevine [Re: Mike Keenan] #13385118 12/28/19 05:42 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,558
J
jackmason Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
J
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,558
Did you say anything about it? 25' is breaking the law. Call it in? Bad look for them if it was intentional.

Re: Today on Grapevine [Re: Mike Keenan] #13385128 12/28/19 05:52 PM
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 51,837
banker-always fishing Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 51,837
Originally Posted by Mike Keenan
So my girlfriend and I were out there most of the day... fishing was horrible but something odd happened... We were fishing up in twin coves along the point on the left side going in, I saw the Flower Mound FD boat go out today, no emergency just going out, Iā€™m guessing just running the boat. They were out like 10-15 minutes. They come back in along the area we were fishing like 25ā€™ off my port bow not on pad but almost on pad, creating a huge wake (not in the no wake zone) and we took many waves over the bow, almost fell in. All three of the crew are laughing and having a good time. Makes me wonder who taught these guys boat driving 101? Zero common courtesy





I would call their supervisor and file a complaint. No excuse especially laughing about it. eeks




IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Re: Today on Grapevine [Re: Mike Keenan] #13385132 12/28/19 05:57 PM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 4,917
Bruce's Offline
TFF Team Angler
Offline
TFF Team Angler
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 4,917
They take the boat out once a month. Several months ago they fired up the water guns. Only issue i had was they were still inside the no wake zone and they had no idea what they were doing. We had to move after getting sprayed with the over spray. Took them forever to figure out how to control the fire hose.


Bruce's Sprinkler Repair
817-798-7246
50 years experience
State Licensed Irrigation
LI0017483


Fishing Texas lakes one at a time






Re: Today on Grapevine [Re: Mike Keenan] #13385151 12/28/19 06:23 PM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,598
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,598
I run the Dallas Fire Dept fire boat on Hubbard. The lake is the responsibility of our station and crew. Which is crazy since we have a 12 mile response to the marina, but that is a whole other topic.

On my shift we spend a significant amount of time training. I preach about the wake our boat makes and the damage it can do, especially to those that are newer to our crew or do not have a ton of boating experience. Our current boat weighs around 8000 pounds and is 29 feet long. It throws a a pretty good wake. We have a new boat scheduled for delivery next month and it's the same length but 2-3000 pounds heavier, so it will create a even bigger wake, so I will again emphasize the necessity for caution when operating near other vessels.

What happened to you is inexcusable and is either a lack of training and understanding their equipment or just a careless crew disregarding any other people on the water.

If you are truly concerned or you're mad (I would be pissed!) I would definitely contact the fire department. It may be a training issue and they do not truly understand their equipment and the affect their wake can have and that it can cause damage. If the people above them in their chain of command don't know there is an issue, it cannot be addressed.


We didn't catch 60+,might have boatd in the 30
should,we didn't have fun expept alot more thie time of yearhope you get ready you'll be calling mr or E-MILK to a foods donatiom,,,Arter drin some red bullmdnd Vodlea
Re: Today on Grapevine [Re: Douglas J] #13385160 12/28/19 06:32 PM
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 32,476
F
Frank the Tank Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
F
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 32,476
Originally Posted by Douglas J
I run the Dallas Fire Dept fire boat on Hubbard. The lake is the responsibility of our station and crew. Which is crazy since we have a 12 mile response to the marina, but that is a whole other topic.

On my shift we spend a significant amount of time training. I preach about the wake our boat makes and the damage it can do, especially to those that are newer to our crew or do not have a ton of boating experience. Our current boat weighs around 8000 pounds and is 29 feet long. It throws a a pretty good wake. We have a new boat scheduled for delivery next month and it's the same length but 2-3000 pounds heavier, so it will create a even bigger wake, so I will again emphasize the necessity for caution when operating near other vessels.

What happened to you is inexcusable and is either a lack of training and understanding their equipment or just a careless crew disregarding any other people on the water.

If you are truly concerned or you're mad (I would be pissed!) I would definitely contact the fire department. It may be a training issue and they do not truly understand their equipment and the affect their wake can have and that it can cause damage. If the people above them in their chain of command don't know there is an issue, it cannot be addressed.



thumb great info D. Have you ever considered offering training to all the fire-boats in the DFW area?


Sinner. Far from perfect. Forgiven.
Re: Today on Grapevine [Re: Frank the Tank] #13385163 12/28/19 06:39 PM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,598
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,598
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
Originally Posted by Douglas J
I run the Dallas Fire Dept fire boat on Hubbard. The lake is the responsibility of our station and crew. Which is crazy since we have a 12 mile response to the marina, but that is a whole other topic.

On my shift we spend a significant amount of time training. I preach about the wake our boat makes and the damage it can do, especially to those that are newer to our crew or do not have a ton of boating experience. Our current boat weighs around 8000 pounds and is 29 feet long. It throws a a pretty good wake. We have a new boat scheduled for delivery next month and it's the same length but 2-3000 pounds heavier, so it will create a even bigger wake, so I will again emphasize the necessity for caution when operating near other vessels.

What happened to you is inexcusable and is either a lack of training and understanding their equipment or just a careless crew disregarding any other people on the water.

If you are truly concerned or you're mad (I would be pissed!) I would definitely contact the fire department. It may be a training issue and they do not truly understand their equipment and the affect their wake can have and that it can cause damage. If the people above them in their chain of command don't know there is an issue, it cannot be addressed.



thumb great info D. Have you ever considered offering training to all the fire-boats in the DFW area?


Grapevine FD actually has a really good boat program as well as Lewisville and the Colony. So I would think it would make more sense for them to "help" each other out just because of the proximity. We have actually taken our boat to Lake Grapevine and done some joint training with Grapevine FD in the past.


We didn't catch 60+,might have boatd in the 30
should,we didn't have fun expept alot more thie time of yearhope you get ready you'll be calling mr or E-MILK to a foods donatiom,,,Arter drin some red bullmdnd Vodlea
Re: Today on Grapevine [Re: Mike Keenan] #13385166 12/28/19 06:47 PM
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 24,473
senko9S Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 24,473
flower mound boat


David Short

[Linked Image]

Re: Today on Grapevine [Re: senko9S] #13385178 12/28/19 07:07 PM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,598
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,598
Originally Posted by senko9S
flower mound boat



I know that, not sure what you meant??


We didn't catch 60+,might have boatd in the 30
should,we didn't have fun expept alot more thie time of yearhope you get ready you'll be calling mr or E-MILK to a foods donatiom,,,Arter drin some red bullmdnd Vodlea
Re: Today on Grapevine [Re: jackmason] #13385245 12/28/19 08:37 PM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,915
D
Dubee Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
D
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,915
Originally Posted by jackmason
Did you say anything about it? 25' is breaking the law. Call it in? Bad look for them if it was intentional.

Breaking what law?

Re: Today on Grapevine [Re: Dubee] #13385309 12/28/19 09:34 PM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 17,297
O
outfishdya Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
O
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 17,297
Originally Posted by Dubee
Originally Posted by jackmason
Did you say anything about it? 25' is breaking the law. Call it in? Bad look for them if it was intentional.

Breaking what law?

I am guessing it is the 25 foot law.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread


© 1998-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3