texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
TXKenpo, sf18, dnuggett, rmturner54, S. Ragan
113213 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
TexDawg 95,562
hopalong 87,591
Pilothawk 79,890
John175☮ 77,594
JDavis7873 67,400
Bigbob_FTW 65,457
Derek 🐝 64,384
Mark Perry 60,214
Tritonman 58,917
facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums62
Topics782,739
Posts9,876,166
Members113,213
Most Online36,273
Jan 23rd, 2013
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
What creek? #13379860 12/22/19 07:15 PM
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 590
Blayne Wallace Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 590
I am looking for crappie but m not having any luck. I'm new to this whole thing but I've tried a couple creeks on Eagle Mountain and struck out. Do I need to try other lakes? I have a kayak and a boat and don't mind fishing from the bank either. I'm just trying to get some dinner lol. I'm not looking for a honey hole necessarily but i am asking for advice and if someone can point me in the right direction or towards the right creek I should be trying. Thanks, feel free to PM also.

Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: What creek? [Re: Blayne Wallace] #13380073 12/22/19 10:34 PM
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,206
9
9094 Offline
TFF Celebrity
Offline
TFF Celebrity
9
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,206
Lots of friendly help here!

Re: What creek? [Re: Blayne Wallace] #13380622 12/23/19 04:13 AM
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 11,429
shut-up-and-fish Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 11,429


It has been a tough time to find them in the creeks. It seems to have been a delayed start for them to move in. I am hoping to try a few tomorrow and Tuesday and figure out if they have made the move by the masses.

They are probably in the eagle mt. Creek you are fishing. Have you tried the afternoon bite?


[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
From *Sales to *Installation Services too *On the Water Education & Instructional Trips
We have you covered here @ shut-up-and-fish for all of your Humminbird, Lowrance,
Garmin, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs plus much more - Call Now 972 822 9285
Re: What creek? [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #13380781 12/23/19 02:06 PM
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 590
Blayne Wallace Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 590
Originally Posted by shut-up-and-fish


It has been a tough time to find them in the creeks. It seems to have been a delayed start for them to move in. I am hoping to try a few tomorrow and Tuesday and figure out if they have made the move by the masses.

They are probably in the eagle mt. Creek you are fishing. Have you tried the afternoon bite?


I ran around the lake in my bass boat and fished Ash Creek, Indian Creek and Walnut creek and couldn't graph any fish or fan cast the overhanging cover for any either. I started in the morning and fished all day until about 5. I am gonna try to the creek under ten mile bridge, which I think everyone calls eagle mountain creek, from my kayak since I have some days off around Christmas.

Re: What creek? [Re: Blayne Wallace] #13380809 12/23/19 02:37 PM
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 1,794
B
Bentman63 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
B
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 1,794
I wish I knew too.I found some creeks that I need to go try next weekend. crappie are A-holes.hard to find..


[Linked Image]
Re: What creek? [Re: 9094] #13380811 12/23/19 02:40 PM
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 1,794
B
Bentman63 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
B
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 1,794
Originally Posted by 9094
Lots of friendly help here!


we are all wanting to know as well


[Linked Image]
Re: What creek? [Re: Blayne Wallace] #13380849 12/23/19 03:21 PM
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,384
I
iluvfishin Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
I
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,384
Originally Posted by Blayne Wallace

I ran around the lake in my bass boat and fished Ash Creek, Indian Creek and Walnut creek and couldn't graph any fish or fan cast the overhanging cover for any either. I started in the morning and fished all day until about 5. I am gonna try to the creek under ten mile bridge, which I think everyone calls eagle mountain creek, from my kayak since I have some days off around Christmas.


Seen some good reports coming from 10 mile.

Last edited by iluvfishin; 12/23/19 03:21 PM.
Re: What creek? [Re: Blayne Wallace] #13380854 12/23/19 03:23 PM
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 590
Blayne Wallace Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 590
I'll try it tomorrow afternoon and report back. I don't mind sharing info with you guys woot

Re: What creek? [Re: Blayne Wallace] #13380882 12/23/19 03:47 PM
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 1,794
B
Bentman63 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
B
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 1,794
Originally Posted by Blayne Wallace
I'll try it tomorrow afternoon and report back. I don't mind sharing info with you guys woot


I dont mind either. I just never have good info


[Linked Image]
Re: What creek? [Re: Blayne Wallace] #13380890 12/23/19 03:53 PM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,864
F
Fishbonz Offline
TFF Celebrity
Offline
TFF Celebrity
F
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,864
Originally Posted by Blayne Wallace
I am looking for crappie but m not having any luck. I'm new to this whole thing but I've tried a couple creeks on Eagle Mountain and struck out. Do I need to try other lakes? I have a kayak and a boat and don't mind fishing from the bank either. I'm just trying to get some dinner lol. I'm not looking for a honey hole necessarily but i am asking for advice and if someone can point me in the right direction or towards the right creek I should be trying. Thanks, feel free to PM also.

PM sent to you. thumb

Re: What creek? [Re: Bentman63] #13380893 12/23/19 03:57 PM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,864
F
Fishbonz Offline
TFF Celebrity
Offline
TFF Celebrity
F
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,864
Originally Posted by Bentman63
Originally Posted by Blayne Wallace
I'll try it tomorrow afternoon and report back. I don't mind sharing info with you guys woot


I dont mind either. I just never have good info

Xcuse Me? hmmm

Re: What creek? [Re: Fishbonz] #13380901 12/23/19 04:07 PM
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 1,794
B
Bentman63 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
B
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 1,794
Originally Posted by Fishbonz
Originally Posted by Bentman63
Originally Posted by Blayne Wallace
I'll try it tomorrow afternoon and report back. I don't mind sharing info with you guys woot


I dont mind either. I just never have good info

Xcuse Me? hmmm


I didn't mean it that way. You always share info .I just suck at fishing and can't give good advice


[Linked Image]
Re: What creek? [Re: Blayne Wallace] #13380920 12/23/19 04:37 PM
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 1,794
B
Bentman63 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
B
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 1,794
Saturday I am going to either try waxahachie creek at lake bardwell. I am pretty sure I can only get a jon boat in that creek. I am not sure if my bass tracker will be good for that creek.
I am not sure if the water is the same depth as in the video below

Here is the creek



Or I may go to South Prong creek at lake waxahachie. again, I will probably just use the jon boat



or I may try Lake Arlington. They do have some nice crappie there . I just need to find them and learn that small lake

or I could try the 661 creek again. walk the bank at this one

If it would get cold and stay cold I would go try a crappie barge

I youtubed them 2 creeks. But I have never tried them.


[Linked Image]
Re: What creek? [Re: Blayne Wallace] #13380974 12/23/19 06:12 PM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,864
F
Fishbonz Offline
TFF Celebrity
Offline
TFF Celebrity
F
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,864
IMHO: S. Prong is better in the spring and when there is FLOW. Drove thru there a few days ago and it`s just sittin dere low rolleyes

Re: What creek? [Re: Fishbonz] #13380988 12/23/19 06:29 PM
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 1,794
B
Bentman63 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
B
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 1,794
Originally Posted by Fishbonz
IMHO: S. Prong is better in the spring and when there is FLOW. Drove thru there a few days ago and it`s just sittin dere low rolleyes


Thx , you saved me a wasted trip


[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread


© 1998-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3