Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
When you get lemons - make lemonade! #13378356 12/20/19 07:39 PM
BlueNitro Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Crawled under my boat a month age and saw where a lag bolt had poked through a bunk board and was gouging out the fiberglass when I was launching/loading. The boards were also scraping up the glass and I still haven't figured out why (I think I need to back the trailer more into the water when I load instead of driving it on so much). So I stripped off all my goodies off the boat and took her to Taylor Marine in Grapevine (they did a great job and I highly recommend them). They repaired all the glass and buffed out all the Lake Fork stump marks and it looks like a brand new hull.

[Linked Image]

Once they got the boat off the trailer, I removed the wood bunk boards and replaced them with the plastic Ulti boards (https://www.ultimatebunkboards.com/) so I hopefully never have that issue again. The hardware was mounted from the topside (countersunk) and then fully carpeted with a double layer of marine carpet.

[Linked Image]

Since my 12" HDS Live graph was removed, I decided to build me a custom locker bar so it was more secure than relying on the 4 bolts that were holding it in the dash beforehand. The bar is a tight wedge in the console and then the chain wraps around the steering column so I'll have a lot more piece of mind when my boat is not tucked away in my garage.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Then I decided to raise my Garmin up so I welded up a brace piece for under the Dek-it Mount tab to make it solid it as a rock (look under the Ram Mount). After fishing Fork with a friend on his boat, this was a must have to help reduce 'LiveScope Neck'.

[Linked Image]

If you look at the last picture you will notice the lack of a trolling motor. That's because my Ghost will be delivered on Monday (thanks Brig Hennessey - highly recommend for all your electronic needs https://hennesseyoutdoorelectronics.com/) and will be mounted on the LiftSaver system so I can change between the Xi5 (brushpile lakes) or the Ghost (fishing timber).

I have been so busy with making custom parts for others, LiftSaver TM Mounts and LiftSaver Pole Mounts that I didn't have any time to work on my own boat so was glad I could get all this done while my boat was in for repairs.

Hit me up if you need anything custom made for your boat. I build products that you won't find in any store to help with your fishing needs.

LiftSaver Trolling Motor Mounting Bracket - Patent Pending and LiftSaver Transducer Pole Mount
www.liftsavertmmount.com
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Works with MG Xi5, Xi3 and MK Terrova, Ulterra, PD V2 and Riptides as well.

Re: When you get lemons - make lemonade! [Re: BlueNitro] #13378407 12/20/19 08:34 PM
M
MilesHunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
That’s some good lemonade you made there Ron! What an awful site to see when you crawl under your boat. Glad you were able to get it fixed! cheers

Miles
Re: When you get lemons - make lemonade! [Re: BlueNitro] #13378450 12/20/19 09:26 PM
O
Osbornfishing Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O
It's always something with a boat. Glad to hear you got past the issue.

Re: When you get lemons - make lemonade! [Re: Osbornfishing] #13378454 12/20/19 09:29 PM
BlueNitro Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by MilesHunter
That’s some good lemonade you made there Ron! What an awful site to see when you crawl under your boat. Glad you were able to get it fixed! cheers

Thanks Miles - enough cash and anything can get fixed.

Originally Posted by Osbornfishing
It's always something with a boat. Glad to hear you got past the issue.

BOAT - Break Out Another Thousand

Thanks. I try to take very good care of my boat and wanted to puke when I saw it but it's all fixed now

LiftSaver Trolling Motor Mounting Bracket - Patent Pending and LiftSaver Transducer Pole Mount
www.liftsavertmmount.com
Works with MG Xi5, Xi3 and MK Terrova, Ulterra, PD V2 and Riptides as well.

Re: When you get lemons - make lemonade! [Re: BlueNitro] #13378800 12/21/19 04:21 AM
banker-always fishing Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
Nicely done. thumb

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: When you get lemons - make lemonade! [Re: BlueNitro] #13380156 12/22/19 11:19 PM
K
Ken Gaby Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
Nice work Ron.

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide