MLF Pros raise record funds for St. Jude. #13373401 12/15/19 06:08 PM
B
BThomas Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
B

bow_down

https://majorleaguefishing.com/angler-news/mlf-pros-jerseys-help-raise-record-money-for-st-jude/

Brent Ehrler is just one of 13 MLF anglers that auctioned off an autographed jersey with the money raised going to St. Jude. Photo by Phoenix Moore

By Mason Prince - December 15, 2019

It’s the season of giving, a time of year when people feel especially generous, and MLF pros are no exception. More than a dozen pros and one MLF NOW! analyst teamed up to raise money for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. The pros donated autographed jerseys that were auctioned off on eBay, with all of the proceeds benefiting St. Jude.

Brent Ehrler is one of the anglers who auctioned off an autographed jersey this past weekend. It was the California pro’s third time donating his jersey for the auction, and this year he was able to raise the most money yet: $810.

“It’s honestly the least I could do,” Ehrler said. “I look forward to doing it every year and it really is for a great cause. I can’t wait to do it again next year where hopefully I can raise even more money.”

In total, 13 MLF pros donated their autographed jerseys to auction off this year: Jason Lambert, Brent Ehrler, Jonathon VanDam, Cody Meyer, Michael Neal, Justin Atkins, Andy Morgan, Matt Lee, Cliff Pace, Luke Clausen, Greg Vinson, Shaw Grigsby and Bryan Thrift. MLF NOW! analyst JT Kenney also donated a jersey.

Lambert has been involved with the jersey auction for a couple of years now. Lambert’s jersey is still available for bidding on eBay. The Tennessee pro says that he loves doing the jersey auction every year because it shows the human side of the pros.

“I think it’s awesome that so many guys are involved in something like this,” Lambert said. “It shows how much we genuinely care about other people and getting to help out in any way that we can. We have so many jerseys that it only makes sense that we donate a couple. It doesn’t take a lot of effort to try and make a difference for someone else.”
Jason Lambert. Photo by Phoenix Moore

Ehrler, Lambert and the rest of the anglers were recruited by Glenn Walker, a friend and fishing buddy from Minnesota. Walker originally came up with the idea to auction off donated fishing jerseys in 2014. Walker says that with the help of the anglers, he and his team are able to increase the amount of money donated to St. Jude each year. Last year, Walker’s team of anglers raised over $11,000 thanks to the generosity of the pros.

“It just goes to show that these anglers have developed a fan following and they are using their platform for good,” Walker said. “These guys could easily just sign jerseys and auction them off for profit for themselves, but instead they are auctioning them off to help out a great cause. That just shows what kind of people they are.”

Walker says the money raised for St. Jude will be donated to the hospital at the annual St. Jude Bass Classic on Pool 4 of the Upper Mississippi River, which will take place in Wabasha, Minnesota in May 2020. Walker says that the tournament brought in $700,000 in 2018 for St. Jude, becoming one of the largest fundraisers of the year.

“I just really appreciate their help,” Walker said. “I know St. Jude appreciates our donations and we hope to continue to donate more and more every year.”

The bidding for Ehrler’s jersey may be over, but there are still plenty of opportunities to bid on the rest of the jerseys. Walker says you can visit the St. Jude Fishing eBay page to check for the latest auctions.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: MLF Pros raise record funds for St. Jude. [Re: BThomas] #13373433 12/15/19 07:08 PM
M
Mnbass55920 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
M
The title is very deceiving.

Re: MLF Pros raise record funds for St. Jude. [Re: Mnbass55920] #13373439 12/15/19 07:14 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Mnbass55920

How so?

Re: MLF Pros raise record funds for St. Jude. [Re: Mnbass55920] #13373451 12/15/19 07:36 PM
B
BThomas Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
B

Please elaborate !!

Re: MLF Pros raise record funds for St. Jude. [Re: Mnbass55920] #13373467 12/15/19 08:18 PM
2014NITROZ-7 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler

Is this really Big O Florida?

Re: MLF Pros raise record funds for St. Jude. [Re: BThomas] #13373470 12/15/19 08:21 PM
M
Mnbass55920 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
M
Makes it sound like MLF pros raised the money when not the case. Glenn Walker raised the money. Some pros gave him a jersey. I fish this every year and it is humbling how much is raised by a only about 80 teams. It truly is one of the most successful fund raisers Jude’s has each year. 20 years ago the first year for it I think a little less than 10k was raised. For 2019 the tournament was cancelled and still the fisherman donated nearly 500k to Jude’s. With 2020 funds raised actual total so far for Jude’s will go over 4 million. That’s why I say the title is a little deceiving.

Re: MLF Pros raise record funds for St. Jude. [Re: BThomas] #13373472 12/15/19 08:25 PM
M
Mnbass55920 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
M
The tournament is called Dick Hileys Bass Classic. There Is a link on St. Jude’s website for it. Also I think there’s a way to donate for it also.

Re: MLF Pros raise record funds for St. Jude. [Re: 2014NITROZ-7] #13373489 12/15/19 09:08 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by 2014NITROZ-7

Nope it wasn’t me - but I certainly agree the title of the thread is very misleading. It looks like the MLF marketing team is on this board and will stoop to their misleading editorial levels to try and put them in a good light. If one read the article, only one of 13 jerseys donated sold on eBay. I failed to see anywhere in the article where the anglers actually register to fish the tournament or otherwise donated to the important clause.

On another but related note, it also appears the MLF crowd have become so sensitive to the bad news or things that don’t reflect fondly on MLF, that threads discussing such have been locked. It’s a shame when discussions that exposes the truth around any given subject are stifled to protect or appease those who don’t agree or benefit by the truth being discussed.

Re: MLF Pros raise record funds for St. Jude. [Re: Big O Florida] #13373502 12/15/19 09:25 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Originally Posted by 2014NITROZ-7

Nope it wasn’t me - but I certainly agree the title of the thread is very misleading. It looks like the MLF marketing team is on this board and will stoop to their misleading editorial levels to try and put them in a good light. If one read the article, only one of 13 jerseys donated sold on eBay. I failed to see anywhere in the article where the anglers actually register to fish the tournament or otherwise donated to the important clause.

On another but related note, it also appears the MLF crowd have become so sensitive to the bad news or things that don’t reflect fondly on MLF, that threads discussing such have been locked. It’s a shame when discussions that exposes the truth around any given subject are stifled to protect or appease those who don’t agree or benefit by the truth being discussed.

Lol

Re: MLF Pros raise record funds for St. Jude. [Re: BThomas] #13373524 12/15/19 09:44 PM
B
beartrap Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B

"majorleaguefishing.com/angler-news/mlf-pros-jerseys-help-raise-record-money-for-st-jude/"

how is the headline deceiving?....they donated jerseys which "helped" raise money for St Jude.....the operative word is "help"....and as one pro commented "it was the least we could do"....

Re: MLF Pros raise record funds for St. Jude. [Re: beartrap] #13373529 12/15/19 09:51 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by beartrap

"majorleaguefishing.com/angler-news/mlf-pros-jerseys-help-raise-record-money-for-st-jude/"

how is the headline deceiving?....they donated jerseys which "helped" raise money for St Jude.....the operative word is "help"....and as one pro commented "it was the least we could do"....

Look at title of this post... thats what’s misleading. The operative take away for me is nothing was said about anglers signed up for the event or that MLF itself donated, and only one jersey sold.

Re: MLF Pros raise record funds for St. Jude. [Re: Mnbass55920] #13373569 12/15/19 10:24 PM
B
BThomas Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
B
Makes it sound like MLF pros raised the money when not the case. Glenn Walker raised the money. Some pros gave him a jersey. I fish this every year and it is humbling how much is raised by a only about 80 teams. It truly is one of the most successful fund raisers Jude’s has each year. 20 years ago the first year for it I think a little less than 10k was raised. For 2019 the tournament was cancelled and still the fisherman donated nearly 500k to Jude’s. With 2020 funds raised actual total so far for Jude’s will go over 4 million. That’s why I say the title is a little deceiving.

If you read the article it states Walker and his team of Anglers.

Re: MLF Pros raise record funds for St. Jude. [Re: Big O Florida] #13373571 12/15/19 10:27 PM
B
BThomas Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
B

Look at title of this post... thats what’s misleading. The operative take away for me is nothing was said about anglers signed up for the event or that MLF itself donated, and only one jersey sold.

Maybe we need to subponea the MLF Pros finances to see if they donated without declaring to the public. The title of the thread/post was taken from the article. I left out the key word "help" . It wasn't intentional.

Re: MLF Pros raise record funds for St. Jude. [Re: BThomas] #13373620 12/15/19 10:59 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by BThomas

Maybe we need to subponea the MLF Pros finances to see if they donated without declaring to the public. The title of the thread/post was taken from the article. I left out the key word "help" . It wasn't intentional.

Why go after the Pro’s to see if they donated. The article said they donated their jerseys to be auctioned off. I was speaking about MLF as an organization having not donated. I can only imagine if they had that would have taken prominence in the press release. And nothing in the article indicates the MLF anglers themselves are lending their prominence and talent to the tournament, or that would have been prominently displayed too. Those are other supporters when he speaks “teams of anglers”, not MLF stars.

The embellishments or omissions in statements that go on by the MLF supporters is what brings criticism.

I think the Dudley YouTube and it’s massive fan response has put those guys over the edge. They can’t blame one person that’s making multiple accounts anymore (Like they’ve tried) for the now 300 comments that are overwhelmingly negative towards the Dudley/MLF talking points, so they throw a hissy to get threads locked, or by sounds of it, even getting people banned from other discussion forums, etc... Dudleys very few comments back to the commenting fans speaks volumes and I think even he has been taken aback. Bet he doesn’t stick his neck out for MLF again. - lol

Re: MLF Pros raise record funds for St. Jude. [Re: BThomas] #13373643 12/15/19 11:14 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Good deed by the MLF pro's and a really good high light show on CBS today.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide