Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: MLF owner and the future [Re: Big O Florida] #13371084 12/13/19 11:27 AM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN
I had a prognostication exam in July.

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: MLF owner and the future [Re: Mark Jones] #13371149 12/13/19 01:33 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Mark Jones
If you were around here for any length of time, you’d already know the nature of my business with MLF. Again, if you took a little time to introduce yourself, make friends and read up perhaps things would be a little easier.

But, but, since you didn’t listen to me in any of your previous posts, I’ll answer you again with this.

MLF is going to be fine. They’ll continue to improve, make adjustments and navigate. BASS is going to do the same. Everything is going to be okay. For the last time, the sky isn’t falling regardless of how much spam you post here prognosticating impending doom.

thumb

That’s interesting Mark. It’s almost as if you expect anyone who joins this forum to review its total history to understand who’s on here and what any affiliations they may have because it may have been disclosed somewhere deep within an old thread. Surely that’s not practical for anyone to do; most people I would presume join because they want to be engaged in productive and current lively discussions surrounding the primary subject that the message board name represent and are not interested in reviewing years of old content. I would also opine that something that a person posts would not be labeled as “spam” unless it was completely off topic and done with frequency. I have however seen people often abuse that term and label things they don’t want others to see, as being spam. Surely that’s not your reasoning, right?

I know this is off topic to the original question and subject matter of my original post, but there is no better time to ask you this. Have you ever reviewed FTC rules and guidelines that govern people who‘s primary purpose for participating in certain informational outlets is to act as influencers and commentators, that have financial or other interest in the information that’s being shared or commented on by them? You’ll often times see these types of rules being followed and implemented on the financial broadcasts, whether they be online, tv, audio only, etc... where the commentators and participants are required by securities laws to openly disclose who they represent and how the information they, give, share or comment on is tied to same. But the FTC rules are not limited to just financial (think stocks and bonds) commentary, but anywhere an influencer or the like stands to gain financially by the types of information they share or promote.

I couldn’t help but notice this website offers a unique signature space that can be used fo displaying repetitive information in each message a person posts. Some people use it to list their fishing outfits, or funny tag lines. Perhaps you could find a good use for yours that might keep you in compliance with the existing FTC rules and regulations that require disclosure of certain people’s business and financial interests? Just a thought.

Re: MLF owner and the future [Re: Big O Florida] #13371163 12/13/19 01:45 PM
Fishinfellow Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Is this what’s coming to MLF’s future? Every sporting venture he’s become involved with turns into a fan hate fest. Maybe some of you can explain how his involvement with MLF will be different this time?

https://youtu.be/8KmJrh50b20

https://youtu.be/3mm3RVIc3Eo

https://youtu.be/VrMflpOLq4M

I must not get "how things work" or not understand "who runs things" because in all three of those videos the stadiums look pretty full......Whole lot of people hate Jerry Jones, Do you see the writing on the wall for the cowboys too? roflmao roflmao roflmao

Thats my money fish
[Linked Image]
Kris Winhold
Re: MLF owner and the future [Re: Big O Florida] #13371166 12/13/19 01:47 PM
B
bigfishtx Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
^^^ Where can I buy me some MLF? Nobody's selling anything on this thread.

Keep the Lord in your heart and keep your powder dry.
5:5
Re: MLF owner and the future [Re: Fishinfellow] #13371188 12/13/19 01:59 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Fishinfellow
Is this what’s coming to MLF’s future? Every sporting venture he’s become involved with turns into a fan hate fest. Maybe some of you can explain how his involvement with MLF will be different this time?

I must not get "how things work" or not understand "who runs things" because in all three of those videos the stadiums look pretty full......Whole lot of people hate Jerry Jones, Do you see the writing on the wall for the cowboys too? roflmao roflmao roflmao

Jerry Jones is disliked for many reasons... mostly because of his micro-management of game day operations. A many of coaches have departed that org because of that and I would opine it has impacted the cowboys and it’s earning potential and fan base. Contrast that with Kroenke seemingly being more interested in sucking money out of the organizations and letting wither. Those 3 I used as examples are not the only examples to be given, he owns other professional sports franchises too that all have experienced similar results after he became owner.

Re: MLF owner and the future [Re: bigfishtx] #13371193 12/13/19 02:00 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by bigfishtx

You’re in luck, just in time for the gift giving and receiving holidays.

You can get your pro staff fantasy fix on here:
https://majorleaguefishing.com/jers...FLBj96MPT4YEFXItx20-jkecc_dkh9nLYm3Wa7Vg

Re: MLF owner and the future [Re: Big O Florida] #13371202 12/13/19 02:10 PM
U
Used2fish Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
U
Big o is wearing on me. But you cannot argue with the validity and uniqueness of this post. Yes MLF has been argued time and time again. But not this angle.

Re: MLF owner and the future [Re: Big O Florida] #13371207 12/13/19 02:13 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Mark Jones
If you were around here for any length of time, you’d already know the nature of my business with MLF. Again, if you took a little time to introduce yourself, make friends and read up perhaps things would be a little easier.

But, but, since you didn’t listen to me in any of your previous posts, I’ll answer you again with this.

MLF is going to be fine. They’ll continue to improve, make adjustments and navigate. BASS is going to do the same. Everything is going to be okay. For the last time, the sky isn’t falling regardless of how much spam you post here prognosticating impending doom.

thumb

That’s interesting Mark. It’s almost as if you expect anyone who joins this forum to review its total history to understand who’s on here and what any affiliations they may have because it may have been disclosed somewhere deep within an old thread. Surely that’s not practical for anyone to do; most people I would presume join because they want to be engaged in productive and current lively discussions surrounding the primary subject that the message board name represent and are not interested in reviewing years of old content. I would also opine that something that a person posts would not be labeled as “spam” unless it was completely off topic and done with frequency. I have however seen people often abuse that term and label things they don’t want others to see, as being spam. Surely that’s not your reasoning, right?

I know this is off topic to the original question and subject matter of my original post, but there is no better time to ask you this. Have you ever reviewed FTC rules and guidelines that govern people who‘s primary purpose for participating in certain informational outlets is to act as influencers and commentators, that have financial or other interest in the information that’s being shared or commented on by them? You’ll often times see these types of rules being followed and implemented on the financial broadcasts, whether they be online, tv, audio only, etc... where the commentators and participants are required by securities laws to openly disclose who they represent and how the information they, give, share or comment on is tied to same. But the FTC rules are not limited to just financial (think stocks and bonds) commentary, but anywhere an influencer or the like stands to gain financially by the types of information they share or promote.

I couldn’t help but notice this website offers a unique signature space that can be used fo displaying repetitive information in each message a person posts. Some people use it to list their fishing outfits, or funny tag lines. Perhaps you could find a good use for yours that might keep you in compliance with the existing FTC rules and regulations that require disclosure of certain people’s business and financial interests? Just a thought.

Lol, thanks for the counsel. PayPal sent.

Re: MLF owner and the future [Re: Big O Florida] #13371224 12/13/19 02:25 PM
S
SoCal Tom Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
bang

Enough...

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

http://www.rayhubbardbassclub.com
President

Save the Date! 9th annual FFAC - Sunday October 27th, 2024 - Lake Ray Hubbard!
Re: MLF owner and the future [Re: Used2fish] #13371242 12/13/19 02:34 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Used2fish
Big o is wearing on me. But you cannot argue with the validity and uniqueness of this post. Yes MLF has been argued time and time again. But not this angle.

I would argue this is the most important of angles to be considered. It likening formats, etc.. are personal preferences that can be argued, but it’s not the most critical from a long term success standpoint. The old saying is success or failure for any organization starts at the top. The same goes for cultures, etc... The current top of MLF has a very well established track record of alienating fans and players involved in or in support of his other sporting ventures. MLF is his most recent, and I think it’s very valid question to ask how MLF will be any different or have different results than what he is widely known for?

Re: MLF owner and the future [Re: Big O Florida] #13371248 12/13/19 02:40 PM
S
Shallow Waters Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
I dont get your side I guess. If you dislike MLF and want it to die, then I would think you would be happy with having Stan Kroenke involved.

Re: MLF owner and the future [Re: Big O Florida] #13371258 12/13/19 02:45 PM
B
bigfishtx Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by bigfishtx

You’re in luck, just in time for the gift giving and receiving holidays.

You can get your pro staff fantasy fix on here:
https://majorleaguefishing.com/jers...FLBj96MPT4YEFXItx20-jkecc_dkh9nLYm3Wa7Vg

Thanks, now you're promoting MLF? roflmao

Keep the Lord in your heart and keep your powder dry.
5:5
Re: MLF owner and the future [Re: Big O Florida] #13371262 12/13/19 02:47 PM
TxBazzn Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Arsenal fans objected to an American owning the team. Just as Manchester United fans do with the Glazer family. Has nothing to do with Kroenke himself.

St. Louis fans hate him because he took over majority control of the Rams (After it was on the selling block) and moved them back to LA. (I lived in St. Louis and can tell you that the Rams were 3rd fiddle to Cardinals and Blues and he probably made a good call moving them)

And the Rams fans are going to be thrilled with the 2 Billion stadium and complex that he is building with his own money for them right now.

Again, no fan of MLF or any of these guys but this thread was misguided.

Re: MLF owner and the future [Re: TxBazzn] #13371267 12/13/19 02:50 PM
U
Used2fish Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
U
Originally Posted by TxBazzn
Arsenal fans objected to an American owning the team. Just as Manchester United fans do with the Glazer family. Has nothing to do with Kroenke himself.

St. Louis fans hate him because he took over majority control of the Rams (After it was on the selling block) and moved them back to LA. (I lived in St. Louis and can tell you that the Rams were 3rd fiddle to Cardinals and Blues and he probably made a good call moving them)

And the Rams fans are going to be thrilled with the 2 Billion stadium and complex that he is building with his own money for them right now.

Again, no fan of MLF or any of these guys but this thread was misguided.

thumb good stuff

Re: MLF owner and the future [Re: Big O Florida] #13371293 12/13/19 03:03 PM
B
beartrap Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
not sure why you have such a dislike for MLF and stan kroenke….there were a lot of short sighted critics of baseball players back in early 70's when they refused to play until they got an equitable share of the revenue.....
major league fishermen saw the opportunity to grow the sport with increased TV coverage (and revenue) and tried to buy BASS to achieve their goals....when BASS refused to sell,they had no choice (as I understand it) but to form their own tournament organization to hold MLF and BPT events...
had to argue against when 80 of the top ranked BASS and FLW pros also felt this was best for their future...

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide