Print Thread
Just moved to red oak/DFW area looking for ponds #13303227 10/06/19 07:36 PM
B
BassinSoldier Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
New here and just moved from Florida. I’m looking for ponds or small lakes in the red oak/waxahachie area or somewhere close where I can get into some bass from shore. If anybody is nearby and wants a +1 or can share some spots I’d really appreciate it. Hope to hear from y’all. Thanks

Re: Just moved to red oak/DFW area looking for ponds [Re: BassinSoldier] #13314850 10/17/19 08:30 PM
B
Bentman63 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
I only know of lake waxahachie..

[Linked Image]
Re: Just moved to red oak/DFW area looking for ponds [Re: BassinSoldier] #13329971 11/01/19 11:38 PM
M
McKinneyLonghorn Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
There is a large pond on the east side of 35 in Red Oak in front of the Municipal Center. I have never fished it, but my dad has a few times (can't remember if he has ever caught anything) and I always see people fishing it. May be worth a try.

Re: Just moved to red oak/DFW area looking for ponds [Re: McKinneyLonghorn] #13342778 11/15/19 03:34 AM
F
fowl hookd Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
F
several trips there, no joy for me.

Re: Just moved to red oak/DFW area looking for ponds [Re: BassinSoldier] #13366912 12/10/19 01:19 AM
F
Fisherman13 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Pearson Park

Re: Just moved to red oak/DFW area looking for ponds [Re: BassinSoldier] #13369924 12/12/19 04:42 AM
F
Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Red oak city pond lol

Re: Just moved to red oak/DFW area looking for ponds [Re: BassinSoldier] #13410862 01/20/20 11:49 PM
F
Fish Comedian Offline
Angler
Angler
F
the pond at the municipal center has been fish out by people who kept everything that they could hook. There may be some left but you really have to invest time there. there are some sunfish in there that are of a decent size. Hopefully people will give it a chance to rebound but I don't think so.
Joe Pool is close, at Cedar Hill state Park. It's a nice park to visit. Some good banking area there.
Lake Waxahachie has some bass in it that you can get from the bank.
The feeder creek to the Lake Waxahachie should be starting to produce some fish soon , if it already hasn't started Crappie, Sandbass can be pulled from there. not sure on the time period . the feeder creek is off 35 exit 399a I believe, go thru stop sign down service road crossover to 77 south you will see creek. when lots of cars are there the fish are there. take a look at it when you get a chance.
Good luck and welcome to the forum. been awhile since I have fished either.

May the Good Lord bless you with a bend in your rod.

L.A.
Re: Just moved to red oak/DFW area looking for ponds [Re: Fish Comedian] #13411301 01/21/20 02:35 PM
B
Bentman63 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Fish Comedian
the pond at the municipal center has been fish out by people who kept everything that they could hook. There may be some left but you really have to invest time there. there are some sunfish in there that are of a decent size. Hopefully people will give it a chance to rebound but I don't think so.
Joe Pool is close, at Cedar Hill state Park. It's a nice park to visit. Some good banking area there.
Lake Waxahachie has some bass in it that you can get from the bank.
The feeder creek to the Lake Waxahachie should be starting to produce some fish soon , if it already hasn't started Crappie, Sandbass can be pulled from there. not sure on the time period . the feeder creek is off 35 exit 399a I believe, go thru stop sign down service road crossover to 77 south you will see creek. when lots of cars are there the fish are there. take a look at it when you get a chance.
Good luck and welcome to the forum. been awhile since I have fished either.

I am going to go try that creek Saturday. thx for the info

[Linked Image]
Re: Just moved to red oak/DFW area looking for ponds [Re: BassinSoldier] #13417328 01/27/20 03:21 AM
F
Fish Comedian Offline
Angler
Angler
F
forgot to mention that Texas Parks and Wildlife dump rainbow trout into the area ponds during the winter time. might be ending soon but go into their site and look for local trout stockings. Also lake Bardwell about 30 min. from red oak area. has the Highview marina that cost about 6 bucks . good place. just tell the people at the gate your going to the marina.

May the Good Lord bless you with a bend in your rod.

L.A.
Re: Just moved to red oak/DFW area looking for ponds [Re: BassinSoldier] #13420473 01/29/20 08:56 PM
L
Lovfldx Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
Red Oak Creek on the south side of Red Oak has a few deep pools that hold some decent bass and channel catfish. You sorta have to hike up and down the creek looking for the pools. I would start at the golf course and work my way downstream. The creek that feeds Lake Waxahachie has LOTS of black bass in it basically February-April. Has an excellent white bass run above the 35 bridge, but the best waters are accessible by boat, canoe or kayak. You can try hoofing it if you don't mind jumping some rather prominent NO TRESPASSING signs. You don't want to fool with the Ellis County Sheriffs. Nice guys but they gotta do their jobs, ya know. Crappie start about same time and run through about same period below the 35 bridge to the mouth of the lake. water below 35 mostly accessible on foot with few problems. Another pretty good black bass creek is 10 mile creek in Lancaster, north of Red Oak. There are some decent pools below 35, across from Walmart, running parallel to Belt Line Road. Ive caught good bass and channel cat there, A hiking expedition downstream, but find the pools where you can't see bottom, look for any cover or structure, and you should find the fish. Creek is much deeper on the southeast side of Lancaster out by the airport. Good deep pools that hold some hefty bass and cats.

Good luck!

Re: Just moved to red oak/DFW area looking for ponds [Re: Lovfldx] #13450834 02/25/20 02:13 PM
S
steveiam Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Lovfldx
Red Oak Creek on the south side of Red Oak has a few deep pools that hold some decent bass and channel catfish. You sorta have to hike up and down the creek looking for the pools. I would start at the golf course and work my way downstream. The creek that feeds Lake Waxahachie has LOTS of black bass in it basically February-April. Has an excellent white bass run above the 35 bridge, but the best waters are accessible by boat, canoe or kayak. You can try hoofing it if you don't mind jumping some rather prominent NO TRESPASSING signs. You don't want to fool with the Ellis County Sheriffs. Nice guys but they gotta do their jobs, ya know. Crappie start about same time and run through about same period below the 35 bridge to the mouth of the lake. water below 35 mostly accessible on foot with few problems. Another pretty good black bass creek is 10 mile creek in Lancaster, north of Red Oak. There are some decent pools below 35, across from Walmart, running parallel to Belt Line Road. Ive caught good bass and channel cat there, A hiking expedition downstream, but find the pools where you can't see bottom, look for any cover or structure, and you should find the fish. Creek is much deeper on the southeast side of Lancaster out by the airport. Good deep pools that hold some hefty bass and cats.

Good luck!

This is some great info in the post-
Rudy knows his stuff-

What has happed to you does not define who you are-

HOW you react to what happens to you DOES!
Re: Just moved to red oak/DFW area looking for ponds [Re: BassinSoldier] #14431402 07/27/22 04:54 AM
B
BassinSoldier Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Anybody else have anything new? 10 mile creek has been a bear on foot but I did find some good holes. The college in Lancaster gave up a few good ones before I got ran off lol. Anybody else know of anything good in the area or want a plus 1? I’m down for paying for gas

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide