Forums59
Topics1,039,224
Posts13,961,197
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Big O Florida] #13369025 12/11/19 04:40 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Originally Posted by Dubee
Originally Posted by Burgerboy
There is pretty strong legitimate rumors that Wheeler failed a lie detector multiple times, but to preserve him and the organization, they handled it in house and he did not get paid nor ruined. Typical shady business dealings. Certainly makes you question the integrity of the league and the no information rules etc.

They are rumors. What exactly makes them legitimate rumors?

Probably nothing more than the rumor people are reciting like a worn out talking point that FLW was broke and was being saved by the MLF purchase.

Speaking of things that are not rumors - Let’s not spread any and just come out and list how many, and who the anglers are that have come out and publicly announced they are going to fish the FLW tour trail for 2020? Almost all of them have a social media presence, or at least they should have if giving their sponsors exposure is a priority to them. I could only find one... outside of John Cox who announced he was going to do both FLW and the Opens, where Open tournaments will take priority over FLW when conflict dates occur.

Surely those of you who are bothered by the negative announcements have some positive news to counter all the negative coming out; right?

You're clearly not going to disclose who you are and what your agenda is, as you've been asked repeatedly. You've also had almost every person who's replied to you acknowledge that what you're "reporting" here since you've joined isn't really breaking news to any of us.

So tell us Seminole Wind, how is this all exactly going to do down? Hit us with your prognostications and we'll all note them and you can come back here at some point and proclaim yourself Chief...

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Big O Florida] #13369027 12/11/19 04:41 PM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
I wish I could get fish to bite as readily as "Big O' has gotten all of you to bite....

troll

Spring can not come too soon...

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Big O Florida] #13369045 12/11/19 04:50 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
There is pretty strong legitimate rumors that Wheeler failed a lie detector multiple times, but to preserve him and the organization, they handled it in house and he did not get paid nor ruined. Typical shady business dealings. Certainly makes you question the integrity of the league and the no information rules etc.

Probably nothing more than the rumor people are reciting like a worn out talking point that FLW was broke and was being saved by the MLF purchase.

Speaking of things that are not rumors - Let’s not spread any and just come out and list how many, and who the anglers are that have come out and publicly announced they are going to fish the FLW tour trail for 2020? Almost all of them have a social media presence, or at least they should have if giving their sponsors exposure is a priority to them. I could only find one... outside of John Cox who announced he was going to do both FLW and the Opens, where Open tournaments will take priority over FLW when conflict dates occur.

Surely those of you who are bothered by the negative announcements have some positive news to counter all the negative coming out; right?

are you related to grout-scout?

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Mark Jones] #13369053 12/11/19 04:58 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Mark Jones

You're clearly not going to disclose who you are and what your agenda is, as you've been asked repeatedly. You've also had almost every person who's replied to you acknowledge that what you're "reporting" here since you've joined isn't really breaking news to any of us.

So tell us Seminole Wind, how is this all exactly going to do down? Hit us with your prognostications and we'll all note them and you can come back here at some point and proclaim yourself Chief...

Are you still trying to wave around some unrelated and irrelevant shiny object to distract everyone, Mark? Come on, you surely have access to the information about who has announced they are committing to fishing the FLW Pro tour in 2020. Why can’t you, or anyone for that matter inject some positive news from any prominent angler?

What do you think is being accomplished by waving around the shiny objects to distract people from what’s being openly and regularly reported?

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: beartrap] #13369060 12/11/19 05:03 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by beartrap

beartrap - hows the search going for something that supports your authoritative claim FLW was saved from bankruptcy?

I am sure there are others on here that would love to see something that substantiates that your claim was something based on fact and with solid foundation. It would allow them to get rid of all the shiny objects they are waving around.

Come on now, surely you had some basis for making that claim, otherwise you would not have made it, right?

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Big O Florida] #13369070 12/11/19 05:11 PM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
I just cant believe there is someone that cares as much about this as Mark Jones, I have been ignoring him and his clear agenda since I read his first post long ago, but this Big O guy seems to really enjoy banter with Mark.

I do wish Big O would say who he is if hes just a normal Joe maybe hes the guy I need to know!?

I would really like to take a trip to the Big O in Florida but its a bit over whelming to know where to start, fishermen on the Florida forums are pretty tight lipped. When I call the rv parks down there they act like they are going to be full for sure and try and pressure me into a deposit etc. Its not nearly as simple seeming as a trip to Lake Falcon in Jan Feb Mar. Falcon only has 3 ramps its easy to decide where to go.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: beartrap] #13369090 12/11/19 05:18 PM
G
grout-scout Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by beartrap

Oh no sir, he’s way too smart to be related to someone in my family.

But interestingly enough, did Boyd give you your allowance this week for being a good son Fletcher? popcorn

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Jeff From Iowa] #13369144 12/11/19 05:47 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa
I just cant believe there is someone that cares as much about this as Mark Jones, I have been ignoring him and his clear agenda since I read his first post long ago, but this Big O guy seems to really enjoy banter with Mark.

Lol and here I was thinking I could count on you for support... slinger

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Big O Florida] #13369159 12/11/19 06:01 PM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Mark Jones

Are you still trying to wave around some unrelated and irrelevant shiny object to distract everyone, Mark? Come on, you surely have access to the information about who has announced they are committing to fishing the FLW Pro tour in 2020. Why can’t you, or anyone for that matter inject some positive news from any prominent angler?

What do you think is being accomplished by waving around the shiny objects to distract people from what’s being openly and regularly reported?

I have a question for big o/seminole. Over the last 20yrs, how many BASS guys announced they were staying with BASS before the start of each season. How many FLW guys announced they were staying with FLW. I would only expect an announcement if moving leagues. So why would someone who was with FLW announce they are staying.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Big O Florida] #13369234 12/11/19 07:00 PM
C
Chasin Hogs Online Crying
TFF Team Angler
Online Crying
TFF Team Angler
C
Why is everyone leaving flw? Please in the shortest answer possible..

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Chasin Hogs] #13369262 12/11/19 07:18 PM
B
bbassfishes Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Chasin Hogs

Because a lot of them got messed over when they cancelled the FLW Cup. That was minimum $10K that they qualified for legitimately and got pulled out from under them. Some have other reasons, but the other side is they don't have a desire to be put in a second tier feeder system for a series they don't care to fish. These guys were pros before, and now are considered minor league.

It would be like promising you a bonus at your job of $10k for hitting goals. Then the company get's bought out and says too bad so sad, and also demotes you. You gonna stick around for that?

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Chasin Hogs] #13369277 12/11/19 07:39 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Chasin Hogs

Everyone isn't leaving, only a few are...

Short as it gets

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Dubee] #13369321 12/11/19 08:23 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B

I have a question for big o/seminole. Over the last 20yrs, how many BASS guys announced they were staying with BASS before the start of each season. How many FLW guys announced they were staying with FLW. I would only expect an announcement if moving leagues. So why would someone who was with FLW announce they are staying.

Well, I thought it was obvious, but for those such as yourself who don’t seem to see the obvious, I will explain.

1.) Although none of it has been publicly substantiated, It’s been repeatedly cited with authoritative command by those who expect to be given credibility, that FLW LLC was insolvent, on the verge of filing for bankruptcy, and ceased to exist upon closing of the rescue buyout from MLF. FLW LLC of old does not exist anymore, so no one is “staying” with a now defunct and closed entity. All contracts, commitments, and obligations to anglers whom were part of any FLW LLC tournaments became null and void and that’s the reason why MLF was not responsible to, or expected to honor outstanding commitments to anglers whom fished under the old FLW LLC tournament structure and award system. That’s if what’s being reported and recited by many can be believed.

2.) What remains of that now (Purportedly) defunct entity of FLW LLC is only assets, and those assets are going to be resurrected and restructured into something different than what it once was known as; reportedly It’s now only a qualifying tournament league for BPT, not an independent Pro league as before. That’s if what’s being reported and recited by many can be believed.

3.) Under the above circumstances, anyone who is signing up to fish the MLFLW (yet unnamed?) league is signing up, and committing to fish in a newly formed circuit/league with different rules, etc... That’s if what’s being reported and recited by many can be believed.

Again, if what has been recited and repeated by many, often times with authoritative command when in defense of MLF, is to be believed, then any angler would naturally be thought of in a state of flux until they publicly announce they are going in one direction or another. I would also surmise that even the sponsors of those unannounced anglers would be interested in what they planned to do so they can also make informed decisions for 2020 and their brands exposure.

Does that clarify what I was thinking all along was the obvious?

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Big O Florida] #13369326 12/11/19 08:26 PM
S
SC 210 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
I guess this is what happens when you get paid individuals on each side. I think there's something wrong with me for enjoying the back and forth.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Big O Florida] #13369331 12/11/19 08:27 PM
C
criglizard Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
The amount of absolute [censored] being thrown around by both "sides" of this argument is unbelievable.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide