Forums59
Topics1,038,940
Posts13,955,921
Members144,183
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Big O Florida] #13368842 12/11/19 02:36 PM
B
Burgerboy Offline
Angler
Angler
B
There is pretty strong legitimate rumors that Wheeler failed a lie detector multiple times, but to preserve him and the organization, they handled it in house and he did not get paid nor ruined. Typical shady business dealings. Certainly makes you question the integrity of the league and the no information rules etc.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Chris G] #13368853 12/11/19 02:40 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Chris G
Just ban the guy and I'd love for one of the mods to do an IP address search on him. He went from posting some info some may have thought interesting since the masses tend to pay more attention to the negative to just flat out having an obvious agenda. If BBC banned him then the TFF should as well.

Not sure who you’re talking about on that BBC, but I thought that had already been covered in a previous post that I haven’t participated on that BBC and frankly didn’t even know what it was until someone concocted a weird story like they were some type of a cyber sleuth and told me what it was. When I had a look at the site for the first time it seemed the most prevalent topics were football, coffee, and all other sorts of non-fishing topics, Christmas tree lights... so not sure why fishing enthusiasts would even be on it. The bass boat forums name represents were not even active and hadn’t been for some time. If someone got banned on that site because they were being accused of being me on this site, that kinda shows how weak minded and technically inept those who run it are, but that’s not my problem.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Big O Florida] #13368861 12/11/19 02:44 PM
B
bbassfishes Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Originally Posted by beartrap
apparently david Dudley and bryan thrift do not share your view of MLF....keep in mind there would be no FLW if MLF had chosen to not save them from bankruptcy....

That’s interesting. I didn’t know FLW was in process to filing for bankruptcy. Where can someone read about FLW’s financial insolvency so they can be better informed? I would really like to see something written in a business publication that is in support of your claim. Please provide a link.

I MOSTLY agree with you, but you are being a super hypocrite by asking for sources and not giving answers to the people on this forum. They want the source of your concern and you are ignoring all of them, but when something interests you, you are all over it for answers. Not a cool way to be in this community.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Burgerboy] #13368867 12/11/19 02:47 PM
Brent S Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Burgerboy
There is pretty strong legitimate rumors that Wheeler failed a lie detector multiple times, but to preserve him and the organization, they handled it in house and he did not get paid nor ruined. Typical shady business dealings. Certainly makes you question the integrity of the league and the no information rules etc.

Wow

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Big O Florida] #13368882 12/11/19 02:54 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Just ban the guy and I'd love for one of the mods to do an IP address search on him. He went from posting some info some may have thought interesting since the masses tend to pay more attention to the negative to just flat out having an obvious agenda. If BBC banned him then the TFF should as well.

Not sure who you’re talking about on that BBC, but I thought that had already been covered in a previous post that I haven’t participated on that BBC and frankly didn’t even know what it was until someone concocted a weird story like they were some type of a cyber sleuth and told me what it was. When I had a look at the site for the first time it seemed the most prevalent topics were football, coffee, and all other sorts of non-fishing topics, Christmas tree lights... so not sure why fishing enthusiasts would even be on it. The bass boat forums name represents were not even active and hadn’t been for some time. If someone got banned on that site because they were being accused of being me on this site, that kinda shows how weak minded and technically inept those who run it are, but that’s not my problem.

Yes, just to be clear here. There was a guy named Siminole Wind on BBC, who listed his location as "Big O Florida." That person joined that forum and this forum at exactly the same time. They also have been relentlessly sharing the same information in the same style about the same topics on both forums. That person however is absolutely not Big O Florida on this site though, because he's a bass fishing insider who has never even heard of BBC. Glad we've all got that straight. just a giant coincidence, just like those 3 instagram girls who all caught the same bass on the same day a few weeks ago. Now everyone go buy a mega millions ticket, it's up to 340 million!

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: 921 Phoenix] #13368887 12/11/19 02:55 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by 921 Phoenix
Originally Posted by beartrap
apparently david Dudley and bryan thrift do not share your view of MLF....keep in mind there would be no FLW if MLF had chosen to not save them from bankruptcy....

That’s interesting. I didn’t know FLW was in process to filing for bankruptcy. Where can someone read about FLW’s financial insolvency so they can be better informed? I would really like to see something written in a business publication that is in support of your claim. Please provide a link.

OK you have done your self appointed job of teaching us everything about FLW. Why don't you let it go now. no one really cares its big business. You can file fraud charges against them if you really have proof of all their criminal activity. I guess if its not criminal then it's really not a big deal.

Not sure where you are coming from. The poster I replied to made an authoritative claim that I would have to presume had some validity, or it wouldn’t have been made in the first place. Typically a large business that is owned and operated by a well known and wealthy family, there would be some sort of reporting that they were insolvent and on verge of filing for bankruptcy, so asking for the person who made that claim to provide something to support his claim should not be that difficult. I personally had not heard that FLW was on verge of bankruptcy so that type of statement peaked my curiosity.

What’s interesting is I did do a little research of my own since that’s the kind of thing that should be easily substantiated and found something from as recent as last September that tells a different story from someone who would know - one of Irwin Jacobs children that just so happens to also be involved in running the businesses left behind after Jacobs death. Contrary to what the poster I replied to states, the Jacobs family businesses were reported as being strong, and the article I read made a point of saying that and including the tournament fishing business. Don’t take my word for it though, just read:

http://www.startribune.com/son-says...ife-then-himself/509017952/?refresh=true

A lot of people on the internet, and real life will make some wild but unsupported claims if will make their stance look better. I am thinking this might be one of those kind of things.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Big O Florida] #13368912 12/11/19 03:11 PM
J
JackMason Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
J
At this rate, there won’t be any 2019 top 10 anglers left in the FLW pro tour. This one has fished FLW his whole career, so what would make someone want to walk away from something he devoted all of his time to? All is not well at MLFLW - so don’t let others with a protective agenda misdirect you Into looking at their distractive shiny objects. Lots more bad news for MLF will be coming out in the days to come. The flood gates are starting to open now.

See> https://youtu.be/MjxnmuDSIXY <

Scott Martin out right?

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: buda13] #13368927 12/11/19 03:23 PM
Walls Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by buda13
The old FLW is going to be the “feeder” trail for BPT/MLF. It’s now the equivalent of AAA baseball club. No surprise some of the best from that trail are looking elsewhere. Nobody wants to go from the bigs to the minors. No news here, just another attempt to keep everyone stirred up. MLF announced they would be establishing feeder trails from the very beginning of the BPT that would provide a clear path to earn your way to the big show. If that’s not want an angler wants then they can go to BASS. What a great time to be a professional angler and have not only choice of trail but also choice of format.

Way too many facts in this post. Too accurate and coherent for this kind of discussion.

roflmao

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: JackMason] #13368935 12/11/19 03:26 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by jackmason

Scott Martin out right?

Yes, that native from Big O made his announcement early; if I’m not mistaken, it was earlier than everyone. He is reportedly fishing the opens next year since he didn’t have any type of exception available to him that would allow him to get into elite series.

Scott is on the leading edge for demonstrating the model of how anglers should be doing business for themselves. Granted, he is more privileged than most to have come from a family that is arguably one of the legends in the industry. So getting his start and attracting the sponsorship $ wasn’t as difficult to him as it may be for others. I suspect he could not fish any circuit and still be a leader for the business model anglers should be employing.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Burgerboy] #13368943 12/11/19 03:30 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D

They are rumors. What exactly makes them legitimate rumors?

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Jpurdue] #13368945 12/11/19 03:31 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Jpurdue

Yes, just to be clear here. There was a guy named Siminole Wind on BBC, who listed his location as "Big O Florida." That person joined that forum and this forum at exactly the same time. They also have been relentlessly sharing the same information in the same style about the same topics on both forums. That person however is absolutely not Big O Florida on this site though, because he's a bass fishing insider who has never even heard of BBC. Glad we've all got that straight. just a giant coincidence, just like those 3 instagram girls who all caught the same bass on the same day a few weeks ago. Now everyone go buy a mega millions ticket, it's up to 340 million!

Ticket purchased. roflmao

Seminole Wind is strong with this one...

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Dubee] #13368962 12/11/19 03:50 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Dubee

They are rumors. What exactly makes them legitimate rumors?

Probably nothing more than the rumor people are reciting like a worn out talking point that FLW was broke and was being saved by the MLF purchase.

Speaking of things that are not rumors - Let’s not spread any and just come out and list how many, and who the anglers are that have come out and publicly announced they are going to fish the FLW tour trail for 2020? Almost all of them have a social media presence, or at least they should have if giving their sponsors exposure is a priority to them. I could only find one... outside of John Cox who announced he was going to do both FLW and the Opens, where Open tournaments will take priority over FLW when conflict dates occur.

Surely those of you who are bothered by the negative announcements have some positive news to counter all the negative coming out; right?

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Chris G] #13368981 12/11/19 04:03 PM
S
sprigsss Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S

Do you also support impeaching a President because you don't like him?

Are we not allowed to have differing opinions?

Has he posted anything that was factually incorrect?

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: Big O Florida] #13369009 12/11/19 04:28 PM
S
Shallow Waters Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
I dont get why this keeps coming back up? If you arent fishing the events, then how are you impacted? And if you were fishing the events, then this is what happens when the business you "work for" sales. MLF, BASS, FLW, are all businesses, not charities. Scott Martin Fishing, Brandon Palanuik Fishing, etc are all businesses, but they were never employed by FLW, MLF, Etc. Jane Doe in Accounting, John Smith in registration, those people were employed by FLW, and I have yet to see the video of them come out and talking about their dissatisfaction with the sale/purchase or how they are moving to a new organization.

These fisherman are contractors, they are not even employees. When you think about other "professional" sports can you point to any where the majority of the pay is based on results only? Hell, thats more gambling than even being a contractor.

Just because this situation may not have occurred before to this industries, it has occurred before in most other industries and life still went on.

Re: Another top 10 FLW pro - GONE [Re: sprigsss] #13369014 12/11/19 04:33 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by sprigsss

Do you also support impeaching a President because you don't like him?

Are we not allowed to have differing opinions?

Has he posted anything that was factually incorrect?

Yes he has posted something that is factually incorrect.
He said he had never heard of bbc and didn't post on there.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide