Forums59
Topics1,037,823
Posts13,935,144
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Wow (if true) - Ranger Boats and Bass Pro Shops out [Re: Big O Florida] #13367699 12/10/19 05:45 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
At the end of the day business is just that. Sponsors come and go over all kinds of reasons. People get screwed over in these decisions, just part of the process. Are some of their practices or decisions unfair? I am sure those affected negatively think so. Others probably see it as good business decisions. The viewpoint is going to be relative to which side you fell on. You obviously do not like them, your choice."It is what it is" as they say. These kinds of relationships come and go everyday in all kinds of business practices both good and bad. Should they be held accountable? Maybe but who determines that? Unless it's a legality issue it's just opinion.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Wow (if true) - Ranger Boats and Bass Pro Shops out [Re: SAKS] #13367736 12/10/19 06:05 PM
R
redskeet100 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Originally Posted by SAKS
At the end of the day business is just that. Sponsors come and go over all kinds of reasons. People get screwed over in these decisions, just part of the process. Are some of their practices or decisions unfair? I am sure those affected negatively think so. Others probably see it as good business decisions. The viewpoint is going to be relative to which side you fell on. You obviously do not like them, your choice."It is what it is" as they say. These kinds of relationships come and go everyday in all kinds of business practices both good and bad. Should they be held accountable? Maybe but who determines that? Unless it's a legality issue it's just opinion.

Exactly. When a company buys another company, usually things change, especially for the people of the company that juts got bought. It is business and happens every day this world. If the people don't like the changes, they are free to pursue other opportunities. You either adjust or move on, simple as that.

Re: Wow (if true) - Ranger Boats and Bass Pro Shops out [Re: Big O Florida] #13367849 12/10/19 07:31 PM
B
B.K.S. Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
I find it funny some on here are saying "shut up dude""move along"you don't have enough post to be credible".Well I don't know who Big O Florida is,it sounds like he doesn't care for the MLF and feels very strongly about it,but I wonder if some of the folks giving him grief are some of the same ones who a year ago were roasting Media Bass over the Tournment Director fiasco,it was all about how Media Bass was screwing anglers,even though they made it right in the end.If you do a little research you can see how more than several got screwed by MLF's buying of FLW after promises were made before the season started.Oh and I know my post count is low,but check the date.Mi Dos Centavos

B.K.S.

Re: Wow (if true) - Ranger Boats and Bass Pro Shops out [Re: Big O Florida] #13367853 12/10/19 07:33 PM
Champion1 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Im confused what were we talking about?

www.TuffSkinz.net
www.basscat.com
�It�s all in your head. It doesn�t matter if your 6 or 60. You can participate in this sport."-Rick Clunn
Re: Wow (if true) - Ranger Boats and Bass Pro Shops out [Re: Big O Florida] #13367898 12/10/19 08:12 PM
S
sprigsss Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
S
IMO it seems the most sensitive group are those defending MLF. Its almost as if MLF can do no wrong, when clearly there is evidence of some shady dealings.

I too was not aware you had to have a certain number of posts before you could offer up an opinion.

Mark has posted as much info as he could, Big O has provided some evidence as well, I don't see what the issue is and why people turn this into something personal.

Certainly MLF has done some good things, and clearly there are some things many don't agree with. I'm willing to point out the positives as well as the negatives.

I don't understand why some feel as though they have to defend every possible move or decision MLF has done and attack those that have a differing opinion.

It is possible to have a discussion with opposing view points and remain respectful and not make it personal.

Re: Wow (if true) - Ranger Boats and Bass Pro Shops out [Re: Big O Florida] #13367909 12/10/19 08:17 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
So help me figure this out......Isn't Johnny Morris a part owner in MLF? At bare minimum he is a huge investor/ title sponsor of MLF. MLF now owns FLW. Johnny Morris also owns Ranger boats.......The reports of Ranger boats leaving FLW because they are angry seems crazy. By default the ownership of Ranger boats is already highly committed to MLF and by default FLW. Seems like it would make perfect sense for Johhny Morris/Bass Pro Shops/ White River Marine Group/MLF/FLW to bring in money from outside their own product lines to help "Pay the MLF Bills". Companies like Phoenix Boats makes perfect sense to me. Seems like this whole deal is alot of drama over nothing. Honestly, I'm getting sick of the whole deal. Everybody needs to get back on the water and quit acting like a bunch of school girls.

Re: Wow (if true) - Ranger Boats and Bass Pro Shops out [Re: B.K.S.] #13367916 12/10/19 08:22 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by B.K.S.
I find it funny some on here are saying "shut up dude""move along"you don't have enough post to be credible".Well I don't know who Big O Florida is,it sounds like he doesn't care for the MLF and feels very strongly about it,but I wonder if some of the folks giving him grief are some of the same ones who a year ago were roasting Media Bass over the Tournment Director fiasco,it was all about how Media Bass was screwing anglers,even though they made it right in the end.If you do a little research you can see how more than several got screwed by MLF's buying of FLW after promises were made before the season started.Oh and I know my post count is low,but check the date.Mi Dos Centavos

Media Bass is associated with MLF now?

#MFGA
Re: Wow (if true) - Ranger Boats and Bass Pro Shops out [Re: Douglas J] #13367944 12/10/19 08:41 PM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Originally Posted by Douglas J
Originally Posted by B.K.S.

Media Bass is associated with MLF now?

Damn, they are buying up everybody! roflmao

Re: Wow (if true) - Ranger Boats and Bass Pro Shops out [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #13368009 12/10/19 09:21 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak

Saw on the LBL podcast that BPS has also stopped sponsoring FLW high school fishing.

Like you I am confused as I was under the impression that Mr. Morris had some ownership stake in MLF as well as the new FLW acquisition.

Re: Wow (if true) - Ranger Boats and Bass Pro Shops out [Re: Big O Florida] #13368013 12/10/19 09:32 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
I don't know everyone that owns a part of it. But i always thought BPS was a sponsor. I never thought Johnny had any ownership

Re: Wow (if true) - Ranger Boats and Bass Pro Shops out [Re: Mark Perry] #13368014 12/10/19 09:32 PM
Brent S Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

Saw on the LBL podcast that BPS has also stopped sponsoring FLW high school fishing.

Like you I am confused as I was under the impression that Mr. Morris had some ownership stake in MLF as well as the new FLW acquisition.

Very puzzling

Re: Wow (if true) - Ranger Boats and Bass Pro Shops out [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #13368043 12/10/19 09:58 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
So help me figure this out......Isn't Johnny Morris a part owner in MLF? At bare minimum he is a huge investor/ title sponsor of MLF. MLF now owns FLW. Johnny Morris also owns Ranger boats.......The reports of Ranger boats leaving FLW because they are angry seems crazy. By default the ownership of Ranger boats is already highly committed to MLF and by default FLW. Seems like it would make perfect sense for Johhny Morris/Bass Pro Shops/ White River Marine Group/MLF/FLW to bring in money from outside their own product lines to help "Pay the MLF Bills". Companies like Phoenix Boats makes perfect sense to me. Seems like this whole deal is alot of drama over nothing. Honestly, I'm getting sick of the whole deal. Everybody needs to get back on the water and quit acting like a bunch of school girls.

I haven’t heard anything about Johnny Morris being a stakeholder in MLF outside of his multiple companies being huge supporters through sponsorships. That’s in the past. There is no doubt through his sponsorship contributions he wields and deserves a certain amount of influence, which I think may have been abused in some situations. Like exclusivities with his brands, etc... but it is looking like the relationship between FLW/MLF the brands under his ownership are coming to an end, which is going to be a huge blow to MLF if it’s a 100% abandonment of all his brands from that circuit. This is what happens when you have 2 multi billionaires (JM & SK) having a my thing is bigger than your thing pissing contest. In this case I predict the bigger of the 2 in terms of $ will be the loser and actually has the most to lose. I would argue that Johnny Morris and companies has enough sponsorship power to severely impact the MLF bottom line, and that will hurt the investor anglers more than the majority owner. It will be interesting to see how the white river marine group and the anglers fishing under that umbrella will be impacted.

On another note, I have spent some time having a look at that other message board, and following that most recent YouTube video put out by one of the anglers being ripped off. In the case of that other message board, i must have been busy using multiple persona stirring the pot, as a message talking about that anglers video has recently appeared and it’s driving those MLF defenders assigned to that platform nuts. I was also busy creating 100’s of other personas to leave individual messages of support on that video he posted, and even more individual accounts, over a thousand at last count to sign his change.org petition.

On a more serious note, being someone on the outside looking in, it sure appears that there is an abundance of incompetence working at, on behalf of, and managing the MLF daily affairs, including its acquisition of FLW. How they could not see this coming a country mile away is incomprehensible. All those involved in denying or advising ownership that these things would not impact the MLF business reputation with anglers, sponsors, and fans alike should be in the process of being shown the door. I strongly suspect this is just the beginning as more and more sponsors receive feedback from their customers, sponsored anglers, and review reliable data as to the viability of getting a ROI in their invested sponsorship and advertising $ thats connected to anything MLF.

Re: Wow (if true) - Ranger Boats and Bass Pro Shops out [Re: Big O Florida] #13368086 12/10/19 10:28 PM
206champion Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Isn't someone on here in the know about the MLF, BPT , maybe he can clear this up.

Re: Wow (if true) - Ranger Boats and Bass Pro Shops out [Re: Big O Florida] #13368107 12/10/19 10:42 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower

I haven’t heard anything about Johnny Morris being a stakeholder in MLF outside of his multiple companies being huge supporters through sponsorships. That’s in the past. There is no doubt through his sponsorship contributions he wields and deserves a certain amount of influence, which I think may have been abused in some situations. Like exclusivities with his brands, etc... but it is looking like the relationship between FLW/MLF the brands under his ownership are coming to an end, which is going to be a huge blow to MLF if it’s a 100% abandonment of all his brands from that circuit. This is what happens when you have 2 multi billionaires (JM & SK) having a my thing is bigger than your thing pissing contest. In this case I predict the bigger of the 2 in terms of $ will be the loser and actually has the most to lose. I would argue that Johnny Morris and companies has enough sponsorship power to severely impact the MLF bottom line, and that will hurt the investor anglers more than the majority owner. It will be interesting to see how the white river marine group and the anglers fishing under that umbrella will be impacted.

On another note, I have spent some time having a look at that other message board, and following that most recent YouTube video put out by one of the anglers being ripped off. In the case of that other message board, i must have been busy using multiple persona stirring the pot, as a message talking about that anglers video has recently appeared and it’s driving those MLF defenders assigned to that platform nuts. I was also busy creating 100’s of other personas to leave individual messages of support on that video he posted, and even more individual accounts, over a thousand at last count to sign his change.org petition.

On a more serious note, being someone on the outside looking in, it sure appears that there is an abundance of incompetence working at, on behalf of, and managing the MLF daily affairs, including its acquisition of FLW. How they could not see this coming a country mile away is incomprehensible. All those involved in denying or advising ownership that these things would not impact the MLF business reputation with anglers, sponsors, and fans alike should be in the process of being shown the door. I strongly suspect this is just the beginning as more and more sponsors receive feedback from their customers, sponsored anglers, and review reliable data as to the viability of getting a ROI in their invested sponsorship and advertising $ thats connected to anything MLF.

Seminole wind just keeps blowing

Re: Wow (if true) - Ranger Boats and Bass Pro Shops out [Re: Big O Florida] #13368131 12/10/19 10:59 PM
S
sprigsss Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
S
Sounds like this is going to work out just fine for everybody.

MLF doesn't need the outdoors type sponsors because they are catering to housewives.

So Bass Pro, and other major outdoor sponsors will be able to send more money to the B.A.S.S. Anglers and MLF will divvy up the dollars from Tide, Summer's Eve, Tampax, and Secret amongst the MLF fishermen.

This is a huge net win for the Pro-Anglers. Beforehand all the same dollars were being stretched across 3 tours.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide