texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cash Fishin and Huntin, amigo guide service - Robert, CentTexFisherman, BigMikeW, Unclebubba73
111757 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
TexDawg 92,490
hopalong 82,917
Pilothawk 79,172
John175☮ 74,574
JDavis7873 67,397
Derek 🐝 63,468
Bigbob_FTW 61,382
Tritonman 58,815
Mark Perry 58,191
facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics767,245
Posts9,658,159
Members111,757
Most Online36,273
Jan 23rd, 2013
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Wal-Mart.. [Re: Jpurdue] #13367345 12/10/19 01:44 PM
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 24,335
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 24,335
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
Originally Posted by steveiam
Nope, you know a lot about a lot, but this is not correct-


Which part Steve? The computer part? Every business uses some version of MRP (material resource planning) to purchase inventory. SAP, Oracle, etc... They all work the same way. They have safety stocks and reorder points. When an items sells enough to hit the reorder point, the system automatically generates a Purchase Order to the supplier to replenish stock. If stuff is getting stolen, the computer would have no way of knowing the stuff wasn't on the shelf (because it was never scanned out) unless someone reported it missing or they did a physical inventory.

I have never worked in retail, so the 1-3% numbers I was reported was related to manufacturing. It may be different for retail. The percentages of internal v external theft I reported were ones I read in a forbes article online.


I am pretty sure department managers at walmart constantly check sku levels on shelf. I see them with their little gun shooting them and typing non stop, especially early in am on their walk throughs.

Re: Wal-Mart.. [Re: WAWI] #13367353 12/10/19 01:48 PM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,160
G
gander Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
G
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,160
Originally Posted by WAWI
I think instead of watching people try and leave stores they should not let suspicious people in to begin with. That would work lots better.

LOL ..some stores would shut down rather quickly I presume

Re: Wal-Mart.. [Re: WAWI] #13367363 12/10/19 01:54 PM
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 4,249
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Team Angler
Offline
TFF Team Angler
J
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 4,249
Originally Posted by WAWI
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
Originally Posted by steveiam
Nope, you know a lot about a lot, but this is not correct-


Which part Steve? The computer part? Every business uses some version of MRP (material resource planning) to purchase inventory. SAP, Oracle, etc... They all work the same way. They have safety stocks and reorder points. When an items sells enough to hit the reorder point, the system automatically generates a Purchase Order to the supplier to replenish stock. If stuff is getting stolen, the computer would have no way of knowing the stuff wasn't on the shelf (because it was never scanned out) unless someone reported it missing or they did a physical inventory.

I have never worked in retail, so the 1-3% numbers I was reported was related to manufacturing. It may be different for retail. The percentages of internal v external theft I reported were ones I read in a forbes article online.


I am pretty sure department managers at walmart constantly check sku levels on shelf. I see them with their little gun shooting them and typing non stop, especially early in am on their walk throughs.


That would be a physical inventory. Anyway, I am out of my lane. I know nothing about retail, I'm a manufacturing guy. Maybe they do it differently.


"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Wal-Mart.. [Re: Jpurdue] #13367373 12/10/19 02:01 PM
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 8,579
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Celebrity
Offline
TFF Celebrity
S
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 8,579
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
Originally Posted by WAWI
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
Originally Posted by steveiam
Nope, you know a lot about a lot, but this is not correct-


Which part Steve? The computer part? Every business uses some version of MRP (material resource planning) to purchase inventory. SAP, Oracle, etc... They all work the same way. They have safety stocks and reorder points. When an items sells enough to hit the reorder point, the system automatically generates a Purchase Order to the supplier to replenish stock. If stuff is getting stolen, the computer would have no way of knowing the stuff wasn't on the shelf (because it was never scanned out) unless someone reported it missing or they did a physical inventory.

I have never worked in retail, so the 1-3% numbers I was reported was related to manufacturing. It may be different for retail. The percentages of internal v external theft I reported were ones I read in a forbes article online.


I am pretty sure department managers at walmart constantly check sku levels on shelf. I see them with their little gun shooting them and typing non stop, especially early in am on their walk throughs.


That would be a physical inventory. Anyway, I am out of my lane. I know nothing about retail, I'm a manufacturing guy. Maybe they do it differently.


It depends on if it’s a warehouse delivery or DSD. I was a bread man for many years, Walmart was one of the last to go paperless DSD for us. Basically, we could deliver and remove pretty much ANYTHING we wanted as far as our products. We were only paid off of register sales. The store, itself, was a big loss for us, since the deli department would take our products and use them to make ready to eat products. This went through the registers as a different SKU. We finally negotiated a 10% shrink allowance.

The sticker items that are NOT Walmart’s brand are handled the same way. Walmart only pays for what they sell. They ain’t losing much. Trust me.


Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Wal-Mart.. [Re: Weekender] #13367375 12/10/19 02:05 PM
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 24,335
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 24,335
Yes, it's not like they do every sku every day I doubt but a running deal. When I was a kid I worked in parts house for several years. It was kind of first generation pos system. We would print a min/max report with what the computer thought we had then audit so many lines of it a week. The manager would then make running adjustments. I never remember doing a Physical count of whole store at once like we do in my business now. With the technology they have now we could have done it way faster and probably would have done whole store. Now Walmart and parts house are 2 different things but there were 3 of us and 300 of them so I'm sure they could.

Re: Wal-Mart.. [Re: Weekender] #13367379 12/10/19 02:08 PM
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 31,820
Dan90210 ☮ Online Content
Nonbinary Gender of the Year 2017
Online Content
Nonbinary Gender of the Year 2017
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 31,820
Not sure what this has to do with anything but I was in the market for a new TV some years back and called the Wal-Mart to make sure they had the one I wanted...they said they had 3.

Got there, they had none. Computer said they had three? Manager said it happens all the time.

Which I found out to be true as I called 2 other Wal-Marts who both confirmed they had one, drove out to them...neither had them. I asked where they went? They said most likely stolen by an employee.


Originally Posted By: junbengreat
Pulled a gun on his dryer and they caught a bunch of fish.
Re: Wal-Mart.. [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13367385 12/10/19 02:12 PM
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 8,579
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Celebrity
Offline
TFF Celebrity
S
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 8,579
Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
Not sure what this has to do with anything but I was in the market for a new TV some years back and called the Wal-Mart to make sure they had the one I wanted...they said they had 3.

Got there, they had none. Computer said they had three? Manager said it happens all the time.

Which I found out to be true as I called 2 other Wal-Marts who both confirmed they had one, drove out to them...neither had them. I asked where they went? They said most likely stolen by an employee.


RIGHT. you have to ask them to put eyes on it. Their inventory systems are never accurate. Hey could physically do a complete hands on inventory, and it would be inaccurate before they were actually finished. Lol.


Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Wal-Mart.. [Re: Weekender] #13367403 12/10/19 02:22 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,407
A
Arkansas10 bass Offline
TFF Celebrity
Offline
TFF Celebrity
A
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,407
I just bought 3 TV's from Wal Mart. 2-43" and a 55" for bedrooms. Samsung 4k smart TV's. Paid $855.00 total. That's why people shop Wal Mart and why it's the largest retailer in the world by a bunch.

Re: Wal-Mart.. [Re: Arkansas10 bass] #13367409 12/10/19 02:25 PM
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 8,579
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Celebrity
Offline
TFF Celebrity
S
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 8,579
Originally Posted by Arkansas10 bass
I just bought 3 TV's from Wal Mart. 2-43" and a 55" for bedrooms. Samsung 4k smart TV's. Paid $855.00 total. That's why people shop Wal Mart and why it's the largest retailer in the world by a bunch.

I went to Walmart thanksgiving evening to buy some square bills and trick worms. BIG MISTAKE. there was a
Zillion people pushing carts with cheap [censored] TVs in them. I was laughing. I can’t believe folks go running to throw their money away on a cheap tv. Knowing the POS ain’t gonna look good, or last. I’d rather buy a Toshiba or a Sony XBR and have a great picture that will last years.


Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Wal-Mart.. [Re: Weekender] #13367417 12/10/19 02:29 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,407
A
Arkansas10 bass Offline
TFF Celebrity
Offline
TFF Celebrity
A
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,407
Been watching Samsung TV's for many years. Totally satisfied with the picture and they last as long as anyone else's in my experience.

Re: Wal-Mart.. [Re: Weekender] #13367419 12/10/19 02:29 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 9,306
S
Stump jumper Offline
TFF Celebrity
Offline
TFF Celebrity
S
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 9,306
Stopped in Rockwall store this morning. Aisles blocked with carp. Got cart stuck between bicycles and boxes in aisle. After several minutes trying to free it and knocking boxes all over lady says "you all right"?. I said yep just get your carp out of the aisles. One day I slammed one of the internet shopper's carts. Same ?. I replied just get your cart to one side. She says "oh you did that I purpose". I said dang tooting b$^#@. She ran off screaming she was reporting me to somebody.


2200 Bay Champ/200 Mercury Optimax
2017 Tundra TSS 4x4 Crewmax 5.7L
Re: Wal-Mart.. [Re: Weekender] #13367426 12/10/19 02:30 PM
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 906
B
Bentman63 Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
B
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 906
I saw a guy take an appliance off of the shelf and then take it to returns and try to get his money back for it. They were onto him and he ran away


OOPS
Re: Wal-Mart.. [Re: Stump jumper] #13367429 12/10/19 02:32 PM
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 906
B
Bentman63 Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
B
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 906
Originally Posted by Stump jumper
Stopped in Rockwall store this morning. Aisles blocked with carp. Got cart stuck between bicycles and boxes in aisle.I said yep just get your carp out of the aisles.


Dang Carp are always in the way


OOPS
Re: Wal-Mart.. [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13367545 12/10/19 04:01 PM
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 8,579
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Celebrity
Offline
TFF Celebrity
S
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 8,579
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
Not sure what this has to do with anything but I was in the market for a new TV some years back and called the Wal-Mart to make sure they had the one I wanted...they said they had 3.

Got there, they had none. Computer said they had three? Manager said it happens all the time.

Which I found out to be true as I called 2 other Wal-Marts who both confirmed they had one, drove out to them...neither had them. I asked where they went? They said most likely stolen by an employee.


RIGHT. you have to ask them to put eyes on it. Their inventory systems are never accurate. Hey could physically do a complete hands on inventory, and it would be inaccurate before they were actually finished. Lol.


I quoted you. I didn’t mean anything by your choice of brand. It was a convenient way to get into the conversation about their Black Friday cheap tv deals. These cheap TVs were brands I’ve never heard of. Ever. Something like “Onn” or “Oon”. Something like that. Samsung is considered a quality brand. What can you really expect of a 48” LED 4K smart tv that’s $188?!!!! I bet it is worth $188.


Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Wal-Mart.. [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13367604 12/10/19 04:41 PM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 12,919
C
COFF Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
C
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 12,919
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

I quoted you. I didn’t mean anything by your choice of brand. It was a convenient way to get into the conversation about their Black Friday cheap tv deals. These cheap TVs were brands I’ve never heard of. Ever. Something like “Onn” or “Oon”. Something like that. Samsung is considered a quality brand. What can you really expect of a 48” LED 4K smart tv that’s $188?!!!! I bet it is worth $188.

I've had a few of those off brand black friday TVs over the years. They work perfectly for what they are. Unless you have them set up beside a Sony or Samsung you can't tell the difference. They will last 3 or 4 year before they [censored] out, and then you get the next black friday deal.

Now I wouldn't use that type of TV for your media room, or if you are like a serious gamer or something. But to watch jeopardy and seinfield reruns big and cheap is perfect.

As for the inventory issue... free delivery for items > $50 is almost standard. Order online and let them bring it to you. That way if they drop it its on them, not you.


Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread


© 1998-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3