Print Thread
A "Few" Recent Fish #13361796 12/05/19 04:01 AM
T
TXMulti-Species Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Haven't posted a report in a hot minute but it hasn't been for lack of fishing! Here's some highlights from the last few outings.

11/16/2019
Went out with a newbie, Tony, who I met on Facebook and was interested in catching some Carp. Put him on plenty of fish, broke 4 PB's throughout the day!

[Linked Image]
First catch of the day and it's a PB! IIRC this Channel was 8lbs

[Linked Image]
Second fish, second PB! This beauty ran just shy of the 10lb mark at 9lbs 12oz.

[Linked Image]
Another great fish, just not a PB. I should just start calling myself a catfisherman, lol! This guy was 7lbs 4oz

[Linked Image]
3rd PB for Tony! She ran a bit over 10lbs. His biggest Carp by a longshot

[Linked Image]
I was passing all my fish to Tony but I figured I deserved to catch at least one. Ended up being the biggest fish of the day at 14lbs even

[Linked Image]
Tony with his 4th and final PB of the day, a gorgeous 11lb 4oz Common Carp

11/17/2019
Back to the same spot for round 2 with Chris! I was ready to make up for only letting myself catch one fish the previous day and hoping for a giant.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I guess I got my wish (sorta!) This 10lb 12oz Channel was the first fish of the day. What a fatty! This one makes 4 Channels over 10lbs for me, I've been really lucky getting these big boys

[Linked Image]
Chris with the first Carp of the day, small but fun! Even though the weather was much nicer the fishing was significantly slower.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Had a little kid and his dad come up and talk to us about fishing for quite some time, during which I got a run. I asked the dad if I could let the little dude fight the fish and passed the rod. Broke his largest fish by 10lbs with this 12lb brute!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I had the fish figured out by that point in the day so Dad got to fight one too! She ran a bit smaller at 10lbs even but he was absolutely thrilled. No doubt they're both addicted - nothing beats sharing these amazing fish!

11/24/2019
Went out with Dfitz to White Rock for some Carp and Buffalo action. Last time I took him out it was dreadfully hot and the fish just weren't cooperating, so I had to make up for it! Definitely did, especially in the morning as the bite was hot. Slowed down midday but we both had a blast. Dfitz has most of the photos on his phone but I'll share the few I've got.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Here's a gorgeous Buff Dfitz caught, a nice mid-teener

[Linked Image]
I think this was the biggest Carp of the day at a bit over 14lbs. They were a bit sluggish as the water was decently cold

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
And here was the highlight of the day! My first Koi in over a year and a half! This beauty tipped the scales at a whopping 3lbs. Named him Marshmallow both for obvious reasons and the fact that my bait was flavored with marshmallow creme that day. He now resides in Dfitz' Koi pond and won't have to worry about cormorants or big catfish

Catch and release. The dream - to catch one of every species of Freshwater fish in our great state! If only I can resist Carp...
https://txmultispecies.imgur.com/
[Linked Image]
Re: A "Few" Recent Fish [Re: TXMulti-Species] #13361797 12/05/19 04:01 AM
T
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
11/30/2019
Went out to Grapevine and 5 of us lined a smallish section of bank with 15 Carp rods! The fish were crashing constantly when I first arrived in the morning, and continued to crash (albeit at a slower pace) throughout the day. And they were ready to feed too! We hauled in the morning, bite slowed down around midday yet again.

[Linked Image]
Dfitz with a solid Carp

[Linked Image]
The first of many triples that day - Tony with his first ever Smallmouth Buffalo!

[Linked Image]
A solid double, nice dark colors on my fish

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Most of our haul for part of the morning! Released a few larger and smaller fish and kept these in a retaining sling for an impressive photo. After hauling all that weight from the water to the cradle we decided not to do that again, lol!

[Linked Image]
Tony with a cool-patterned Carp!

[Linked Image]
That was a bit grumpy!

[Linked Image]
Another double - interesting pattern on Dfitz' Buff!

[Linked Image]
Another triple - IIRC this would've been a quadruple but Dfitz lost his fish cry

[Linked Image]
This was among the biggest of the day! Didn't get a weight on her but definitely mid teen.

[Linked Image]
Tony with another Buffalo, slowly getting that PB up! Nevermind the floating method ball in the background hehe

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Another triple! Two of these buffs were Chris'

[Linked Image]
Tony with his biggest of the day, I might've forgotten the weight though lol

[Linked Image]
Dfitz with another nice Carp! He's rocking those Crocs lmao

[Linked Image]
Been meaning to get a photo like this for some time, what an awesome looking fish!

[Linked Image]
Another one for Tony - this one had a bit of a gill deformity but seemed healthy!

[Linked Image]
The biggest of the day! Still looking for a 20+ buff out of Grapevine, plenty in there just haven't been fortunate enough to get one as of yet

[Linked Image]
Doubled up yet again!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
The highlight of the day for me - this kid and his dad had passed by earlier and asked us what we were doing. Of course we told them "fishing for Carp and Buffalo!" A few hours later they came by and the little dude had caught a ~10lb Carp while fishing off of their dock as his first fish ever! The dad stopped by to show off a video and to ask us what a Buffalo was as my rod ripped off. Asked Dad if I could pass the rod and the fight was on! Got his first ever Buffalo at 11lb 4oz and it was a beauty at that! No doubt the little guy was already addicted just catching the Carp, the Buffalo was just the cherry on top!

Catch and release. The dream - to catch one of every species of Freshwater fish in our great state! If only I can resist Carp...
[Linked Image]
Re: A "Few" Recent Fish [Re: TXMulti-Species] #13361804 12/05/19 04:11 AM
T
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Found some more photos from the 24th!

[Linked Image]
Gorgeous little dude!

[Linked Image]
Decent buffalo for Dfitz

[Linked Image]
We had tons of this size that day! Most were released without a photo.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Two solid Carp caught by a soon to be Carp master - Dfitz!

[Linked Image]
Chunk of a Buff! Love the shape of this guy

[Linked Image]
And finally a double - luckily some passerby came to check out all the beeping so we had someone to take the photo for us

[Linked Image]
Re: A "Few" Recent Fish [Re: TXMulti-Species] #13361836 12/05/19 05:26 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
coolphotos The TEXAS CATCHING MACHINE as always has em dialed in! Good job guys! bow_down

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: A "Few" Recent Fish [Re: TXMulti-Species] #13361943 12/05/19 12:58 PM
L
Laker One Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L
Great post and some great fish! Great job. woot

Side Note: Those are some FAT CATS! coolio

Re: A "Few" Recent Fish [Re: TXMulti-Species] #13362137 12/05/19 04:39 PM
J
jaymzinsa Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
That's a lot of fish! You guys had some great trips. I miss those buffalo, haven't found any here in az but have been told there are a few around. If you ever get down to south TX there are a bunch in lake corpus christi and especially choke, they love wheaties and big red. I've even caught a few on jigs with ultralight up the river during the white bass run, talk about fun. I'm always amazed at how the bass guys go crazy over a 5lb fish that takes less than a minute to land, yet turn up their noses when you tell them you are pursuing some beasts that can top 50lbs and test the strongest tackle. Oh well, their loss.

Re: A "Few" Recent Fish [Re: TXMulti-Species] #13362153 12/05/19 05:01 PM
Dan90210 ☮ Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Very nice amigo!

Yall are killing it! Dftiz and I went to the Vine on Monday and had little luck.

However I went back Tuesday and slayed them. Had over 20 carp, 4 buffs and 4 channels in two hours. YES as in I would get a bite within seconds of the bait hitting the bottom. I had to stop fishing with multiple rods and just use one as I kept getting doubled up and I was solo... Fighting two fish at once is fun but not something you want to do all day.

They were really biting good. Amazing how in the same spot, with the same bait, Monday is zero fish and Tuesday is bonkers.

Monday was the day after a mild front passed, it was cool and sunny and no wind. Tuesday was just a bit warmer and had a stiff south wind...that made them nuts.

Re: A "Few" Recent Fish [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13362482 12/06/19 12:22 AM
T
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Thanks Banker, Laker, Jay, and Dan!

Originally Posted by jaymzinsa
That's a lot of fish! You guys had some great trips. I miss those buffalo, haven't found any here in az but have been told there are a few around. If you ever get down to south TX there are a bunch in lake corpus christi and especially choke, they love wheaties and big red. I've even caught a few on jigs with ultralight up the river during the white bass run, talk about fun. I'm always amazed at how the bass guys go crazy over a 5lb fish that takes less than a minute to land, yet turn up their noses when you tell them you are pursuing some beasts that can top 50lbs and test the strongest tackle. Oh well, their loss.

All it takes is to put them on one and they change their minds really quickly! For sure there's some Buffalo in AZ, I know a few guys who catch 'em out there. Smallmouths and Bigmouths too!

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
Very nice amigo! Yall are killing it! Dftiz and I went to the Vine on Monday and had little luck. However I went back Tuesday and slayed them. Had over 20 carp, 4 buffs and 4 channels in two hours. YES as in I would get a bite within seconds of the bait hitting the bottom. I had to stop fishing with multiple rods and just use one as I kept getting doubled up and I was solo... Fighting two fish at once is fun but not something you want to do all day. They were really biting good. Amazing how in the same spot, with the same bait, Monday is zero fish and Tuesday is bonkers. Monday was the day after a mild front passed, it was cool and sunny and no wind. Tuesday was just a bit warmer and had a stiff south wind...that made them nuts.

Crazy how much difference a single day can make! Just wait until you've got 3 or more rods going off and you're fishing solo - lol

[Linked Image]
Re: A "Few" Recent Fish [Re: TXMulti-Species] #13363226 12/06/19 02:48 PM
B
Brine Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
B
Congrats, and great pics - Thanks for sharing! thumb

Re: A "Few" Recent Fish [Re: TXMulti-Species] #13363268 12/06/19 03:27 PM
S
SOCALCARPER Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Great fishing and catching awesome job.
careful with stacking so many fish at once= broken fins or even internal damage depending how one is dropped on another
Great angling though i need to head out fishing havent done so in months

SOCALCARPER
World Carp Masters France 17th Place
ATC 2016 1ST PLACE
ATC 2015 1ST PLACE
ATC 2014 3RD PLACE
PB. Buffalo 44#
PB. Carp 34# and some OZ
PB. KOI. 8#
PB. Grasser 44#
PB. Bass 13.8#
With experience and patience you can accomplish anything. CT
Re: A "Few" Recent Fish [Re: SOCALCARPER] #13363487 12/06/19 06:41 PM
T
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Thanks Brine and SoCalCarper!
Originally Posted by SOCALCARPER
Great fishing and catching awesome job.
careful with stacking so many fish at once= broken fins or even internal damage depending how one is dropped on another
Great angling though i need to head out fishing havent done so in months

Thanks for the tip! Don't plan on keeping them in the retaining sling like that again - that thing was pretty heavy when we moved it to the cradle!

[Linked Image]
Re: A "Few" Recent Fish [Re: TXMulti-Species] #13380492 12/23/19 01:53 AM
P
pop r Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
P
Awesome job everyone. cheers

Re: A "Few" Recent Fish [Re: TXMulti-Species] #13380498 12/23/19 01:58 AM
C
Curt0407 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
C
Rayburn report? I heard you were there with Dfitz recently.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide