Forums59
Topics1,038,972
Posts13,956,664
Members144,184
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: MLF Hearing Fans but not Listening [Re: sprigsss] #13360941 12/04/19 01:16 PM
F
Frank the Tank Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
Is it just me or is it difficult to tell what the heck goes on in a BPT tournament? Stage 1, stage 2 etc. in this new format is the previous 5 tournaments that count toward the big bag or the previous 5 days of the new derby in Kissimmee? It’s so confusing to try and keep up with.

Jesus loves all of us
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: MLF Hearing Fans but not Listening [Re: Frank the Tank] #13360985 12/04/19 01:58 PM
H2O Seeker Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
Is it just me or is it difficult to tell what the heck goes on in a BPT tournament? Stage 1, stage 2 etc. in this new format is the previous 5 tournaments that count toward the big bag or the previous 5 days of the new derby in Kissimmee? It’s so confusing to try and keep up with.

It is confusing and tricked up.

[Linked Image]
Grateful for every sunrise and sunset I get to witness. - Jason
Re: MLF Hearing Fans but not Listening [Re: sprigsss] #13361007 12/04/19 02:18 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
Confused that it's not all on the MyOutdoorTV Network

[Linked Image]
Re: MLF Hearing Fans but not Listening [Re: champRD] #13361079 12/04/19 03:12 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by champRD
Typically when a new start up (read new business model) gets reactive in the first year it's not a good sign. Investors looking for ROI that are confident in what's going on won't mess with that direction for a few years just from a credibility standpoint. Could be wrong but it would make me a little nervous on how the guys backing this are going to be if it's not getting the major return from the jump.

This is an interesting POV. One fan says "hear me, react to me!" another fan says "stick to your guns (format)!"

I think that's one of the advantages of a startup. You can listen, respond and pivot quicker. The second part of this is there are a number of stakeholders in this venture. It's not just Kroenke or Johnny Morris, it's a large group and they actually have a plan believe it or not. They have to address a three headed monster consisting of their fans, their anglers and their sponsors. It's a lot to manage to say the least. They are working through this thoughtfully and trying to manage this as they're moving very quickly.

Is anyone paying attention at all to what they've pulled off in a little over a year? They started a new league, onboarded a ton of new hires, built a full digital platform, moved to large scale live production, managed the setup of a full series of events and now have acquired FLW. Wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that an endeavor of that scale would come with some bumps in the road? Wouldn't it also be reasonable to assume that startups aren't profitable in the short term? I'm not sure how many business owners there are on this forum but it sure seems like there's a lot of armchair quarterbacks who think they could do better.

No one here has all of the context, only the major stakeholders there do. Let this thing marinate. They'll get it all figured out. Too many smart and talented people over there.

Lastly, I'm not sure what it does for anyone who comes on here and post about their impending doom. If they don't make it in five years and you get to come back to a forum and say "I told you so!", what value does that provide you in your life? Most of you posting don't even use your real names, so how can we even give you credit for your prognostication if it were to come true? hmmm

Re: MLF Hearing Fans but not Listening [Re: sprigsss] #13361126 12/04/19 03:54 PM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN
I had a prognostication exam in July.

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: MLF Hearing Fans but not Listening [Re: sprigsss] #13361138 12/04/19 04:03 PM
C
champRD Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Mark I agree it's good that they listen to what there target audience wants , just hoping they don't go over board and it slowly morphs into a overly confusing format every year. I really like the fact that there trying to inject something that will help make it pay off for anglers for targeting bigger fish. Will help with the leaders not trying to catch anything when they get a huge lead. Now they will go looking for the bigger bites. Will make for better live for sure. Onething though, is this going to replace Redcrest ?

Re: MLF Hearing Fans but not Listening [Re: sprigsss] #13361144 12/04/19 04:07 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Yes Champ for 2020 it will.

Re: MLF Hearing Fans but not Listening [Re: John175☮] #13361151 12/04/19 04:09 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by John175☮
I had a prognostication exam in July.

Lol, that’s a different deal...

Re: MLF Hearing Fans but not Listening [Re: sprigsss] #13361157 12/04/19 04:13 PM
S
sprigsss Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
S
I actually want to see the BPT make it. I dont think they will cease to exist and no do i want to see them cease to exist.

I followed them pretty religiously the first year, but it got boring.

This year I will log on and see final weights after each tournament is over.

I watch fishing to see an anglers approach to search out and look for bigger fish. I dont watch to see a professional sit on a school of 1 lbers and be content.

Almost every forum or open discussion ive read on this states the same thing, people are tired of seeing the every fish counts format.

I thought it was a nice change up for MLF for a few weeks out of the year. But every week on the BPT, its just too much.

I think the more opportunities there are for people to make a living fishing the better. I just dont want to see the best fishermen in the world get excited over 1-2 lb fish.

I think the only way they keep this thing going is to go to biggest 5. I love everything else about the tour.

With this tournament next year it is clear they are hearing the message, but they are stubbornly trying to avoid giving fans what they want.

Henry Wiggins

Last edited by sprigsss; 12/04/19 04:15 PM.
Re: MLF Hearing Fans but not Listening [Re: sprigsss] #13361172 12/04/19 04:26 PM
J
JeffLStevens Offline
Angler
Angler
J
I would like to see them set a "minimum" weight that would be based on the lake that they are at. Some lakes, maybe a 1 lb fish is a weighable fish....other lakes, maybe a fish has to be 3 lbs to be weighable. This would make them adjust their approach based on the quality of the fish in the lake that they are fishing and I believe it would show more of their skills.

Re: MLF Hearing Fans but not Listening [Re: sprigsss] #13361174 12/04/19 04:26 PM
B
bbassfishes Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Why keeps things simple they way the fans want? Just convolute the hell out of it until they drive themselves out of the market. For a "business" man, Duckett sure doesn't seem to understand how business works.

Re: MLF Hearing Fans but not Listening [Re: JeffLStevens] #13361184 12/04/19 04:33 PM
KingOutdoorsCo Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by JeffLStevens
I would like to see them set a "minimum" weight that would be based on the lake that they are at. Some lakes, maybe a 1 lb fish is a weighable fish....other lakes, maybe a fish has to be 3 lbs to be weighable. This would make them adjust their approach based on the quality of the fish in the lake that they are fishing and I believe it would show more of their skills.

Have you read the write up on this new one off tournament?

Brant King
King Outdoors
903-975-4909
brant@kingoutdoors.co
wwww.kingoutdoors.co
Re: MLF Hearing Fans but not Listening [Re: bbassfishes] #13361208 12/04/19 04:56 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by bbassfishes
Why keeps things simple they way the fans want? Just convolute the hell out of it until they drive themselves out of the market. For a "business" man, Duckett sure doesn't seem to understand how business works.

This is the most difficult part of this and before you respond please understand that I’m not attempting to argue with you or talk you out of your position. What I can tell you that is fact, backed by data, is that there’s a large number of fans who enjoy the format. And when I say large I mean the majority, you’re simply not hearing from them on social and forum boards. They’re happy, so they watch, enjoy and move along. They don’t post or battle, as there would be no point. They’re just fishing fans and they simply watch and consume the content.

You have to be VERY careful when you’re on a fishing forum looking at feedback and assuming that it constitutes a majority. I can tell you without question it does NOT.

One additional thing to add. While Boyd Duckett is most definitely a key stakeholder and major part of MLF, he’s not the only decision maker. It’s a large team of people and again they’re all trying to be thoughtful about this and manage all the moving parts. While the dictator and bad guy spin might be fun for some to post and harp on it’s simply not reality based.

My two cents

Re: MLF Hearing Fans but not Listening [Re: Mark Jones] #13361229 12/04/19 05:15 PM
S
SC 210 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Not trying to bag on you (at all) just would like to know your affiliation with this venture, do you have a vested interest, common sponsors? I don't care for the format but I believe if others do that is fine. The thing that MLF does have going for it is RICH GUYS and they can last a long time without making money if they choose.

Re: MLF Hearing Fans but not Listening [Re: Mark Jones] #13361249 12/04/19 05:36 PM
S
sprigsss Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted by Mark Jones

This is the most difficult part of this and before you respond please understand that I’m not attempting to argue with you or talk you out of your position. What I can tell you that is fact, backed by data, is that there’s a large number of fans who enjoy the format. And when I say large I mean the majority, you’re simply not hearing from them on social and forum boards. They’re happy, so they watch, enjoy and move along. They don’t post or battle, as there would be no point. They’re just fishing fans and they simply watch and consume the content.

You have to be VERY careful when you’re on a fishing forum looking at feedback and assuming that it constitutes a majority. I can tell you without question it does NOT.

I understand you have info and feedback that many of us will never see/hear. I would love to see where these people are. They certainly must not be on Facebook and other social media, cause the overwhelming majority I come across have similar sentiments as I do. I also find it hard to believe they aren't getting significant pushback from fans especially after seeing this last change with the Heavy Hitters tournament.

Fans will get tired of watching. As viewership goes away, so will the sponsors. Only time will tell. If they continue with the every fish counts and are going strong in 5 years, I will be the first to say I was wrong.

The ONLY reason I would log in and watch BPT today is to see the likes of Andy Montgomery, Greg Hackney, and several of the other anglers I enjoy watching.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide