Forums59
Topics1,037,813
Posts13,934,971
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Found a 3" steel spike in our Thanksgiving turkey [Re: TxBassSniper] #13359477 12/02/19 09:24 PM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B
Originally Posted by John Peebles

Just want to know how this happened and how they are going to make it right.

What in your opinion would "make it right"? What are your damages or monetary losses? Replace the Turkey may be within reason. You would think they would at least be apolgetic and offer to replace it.

In the least, I would let the producer know that I would never buy that brand again. What brand was it by the way?

Last edited by Bob Davis; 12/02/19 09:25 PM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: Found a 3" steel spike in our Thanksgiving turkey [Re: Bob Davis] #13359535 12/02/19 10:45 PM
T
TxBassSniper Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
T
Originally Posted by Bob Davis

Just want to know how this happened and how they are going to make it right.

What in your opinion would "make it right"? What are your damages or monetary losses? Replace the Turkey may be within reason. You would think they would at least be apolgetic and offer to replace it.

In the least, I would let the producer know that I would never buy that brand again. What brand was it by the way?

At the very least a replacement turkey and letter of apology. If it was my decision to make, it would be a turkey for Christmas and one for Thanksgiving next year, along with a letter of apology. Having been in the service industry, it's always best to go above and beyond customer expectations when it comes to something that is your fault.
As for the brand of turkey, it was not butterball, but I will wait for their response before deciding to post what brand it was.

Re: Found a 3" steel spike in our Thanksgiving turkey [Re: TxBassSniper] #13359539 12/02/19 10:49 PM
senko9S Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
i would have just told everyone that you killed it in the wild with a blow gun.

Re: Found a 3" steel spike in our Thanksgiving turkey [Re: senko9S] #13359540 12/02/19 10:51 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by senko9S
i would have just told everyone that you killed it in the wild with a blow gun.

roflmao

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Found a 3" steel spike in our Thanksgiving turkey [Re: TxBassSniper] #13359556 12/02/19 11:28 PM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B

At the very least a replacement turkey and letter of apology. If it was my decision to make, it would be a turkey for Christmas and one for Thanksgiving next year, along with a letter of apology. Having been in the service industry, it's always best to go above and beyond customer expectations when it comes to something that is your fault.
As for the brand of turkey, it was not butterball, but I will wait for their response before deciding to post what brand it was.

Fair enough. I agree and wish you well in this. Keep us updated.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: Found a 3" steel spike in our Thanksgiving turkey [Re: TxBassSniper] #13359596 12/03/19 12:28 AM
cocodrie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
When you get free turkey legs for life, send some my way.

Re: Found a 3" steel spike in our Thanksgiving turkey [Re: TxBassSniper] #13359635 12/03/19 01:08 AM
SgtDag Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I’ve thought about this for a couple days and my first thought was, “who gives a rats, just chalk it up” but now after a couple days I might feel different. My issue is, if it’s a big company that produces turkeys on a mass quantity, whether machine or by human injection, it would have been noticed an injector broke. If human, you need a new one...if machine liquid is spewing everywhere and you need to replace. The fact that this wasn’t
Investigated, to my knowledge, disturbs me. Although an injury is not likely it could happen and that possibility scared me to an extent. Quality control is so important these days and I do not see how this could have been overlooked.

I don’t believe in looking out for a handout but after a few days thinking about this I would have some serious words with some folks at their company and how they review their quality control. If someone was actually injured because of this it would piss me off beyond belief. I would expect at the least a very decent apology from someone other than a CS rep 2cents

"If you're going through hell keep going." Winston Churchill

Originally Posted by 1ShotNoKills
I open mouth kiss my sisters
Re: Found a 3" steel spike in our Thanksgiving turkey [Re: TxBassSniper] #13359663 12/03/19 01:50 AM
SheldonS Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Seasonal employees and high production rates. It’s not something you would typically use a metal detector in the process. Probably happened at 4 in the morning and with exhausted workers.

That was a big machine and not easy to notice a missing injector.

Let them know and send a photo. They will apologize and probably give you a free turkey or something.

I work in a lot of process industries. Plus the summer between high school and college I worked in a Tyson’s plant cutting up chicken. That was a big motivator to study hard and not quit.

As many of you may know I travel a lot and have eaten many exotic foods. Some of you were grossed out when I posted pics but would happily eat a hot dog, meat product, or even burger from a chain. If you only knew....

Re: Found a 3" steel spike in our Thanksgiving turkey [Re: SheldonS] #13359678 12/03/19 02:09 AM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
No harm no fowl.

[Linked Image]
Re: Found a 3" steel spike in our Thanksgiving turkey [Re: SgtDag] #13359768 12/03/19 04:05 AM
T
TxBassSniper Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
T
Originally Posted by SgtDag
I’ve thought about this for a couple days and my first thought was, “who gives a rats, just chalk it up” but now after a couple days I might feel different. My issue is, if it’s a big company that produces turkeys on a mass quantity, whether machine or by human injection, it would have been noticed an injector broke. If human, you need a new one...if machine liquid is spewing everywhere and you need to replace. The fact that this wasn’t
Investigated, to my knowledge, disturbs me. Although an injury is not likely it could happen and that possibility scared me to an extent. Quality control is so important these days and I do not see how this could have been overlooked.

I don’t believe in looking out for a handout but after a few days thinking about this I would have some serious words with some folks at their company and how they review their quality control. If someone was actually injured because of this it would piss me off beyond belief. I would expect at the least a very decent apology from someone other than a CS rep 2cents

I think we're on the same page here SgtDag, that's kinda why I waited a few days to post this. The more I thought about it the more it pissed me off that they would let something like this slide. As I said in the OP, someone had to know it had broken off in a turkey. I also found out by accident that it is magnetized which seems strange.
We didn't let it ruin our Thanksgiving, luckily my wife had a couple of chickens in the fridge and fried it so everyone had plenty to eat. But at this point I just want to get an explanation as to how it happened and got by QC.
No reply from the company yet.

Re: Found a 3" steel spike in our Thanksgiving turkey [Re: TxBassSniper] #13360069 12/03/19 03:50 PM
S
spacejunkie Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
S
Remember the "Pony" Miller lights? Got one once that had a roach in it. Talk about a turn off. Carried it to a local distributor and got a free case. Funny how quickly I forgot about that roach.

Re: Found a 3" steel spike in our Thanksgiving turkey [Re: TxBassSniper] #13360095 12/03/19 04:09 PM
S
silvers Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Frivolous lawsuits, that’s what makes America great

call it what you will...he is not definitely not anywhere near the top of the list for QB's that I would choose needing a FG or touchdown drive late in the game.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide